Old 01-26-2007, 07:58 PM   #1  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Default The route out of plateau land . . .

This plateau thing is starting to actually physically drive me insane. Despite being OP (not always POP, but pretty close to it ) I have been gaining and dropping the same two pounds for the last 6 weeks!

I've shaken up the workouts, and pretty much shook up the diet to have variety with the fruits, veggies, and proteins. I'm eating the lightest starches possible. Does anyone have any tips for sending my body into shock to finally drop past the 156-158 range that I'm getting tired of seeing.

Yes, I tried juicing, it was a waste of a weekend, 2 weeks later it still has no effect.

I was told by COD that since I work out an hour 5-6 days a week that I will not be moved off the Red plan. Typically I've been doing a diet that looks like this:
  • Breakfast-1/2 a protein, 1 Fruit, 1 starch
  • Snack-Lite with a cup of tea
  • Lunch--Protien, 2 veggies, 1/2 dairy, ocassionally a starch
  • Mid PM--Lite and 1 fruit
  • Dinner--Protein, 2 veggies, fat, starch depending on day
  • PM--1 Fruit, 1 Starch, 1/2 dairy

I know just know someone out there has a tidbit of old wives advice to help me out.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #2  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Wow! You're on Red with Lites? I weigh 204ish and I am on Red without lites. You are significantly lighter than me. Even with working out 5-6 days per week I am shocked you are not on a lesser plan. But - warning here - I am pretty new to LAWL and I don't know that much. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems like you would at least be a step down. Hmmmm.

I am sure the much smarter and more seasoned veterans on this site might have some more insights for you.

Good luck.
Libby
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:31 PM   #3  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

You know-it does seem wrong. At your weight-I think you would typically be on Gold with lites. With the exercise-you would be moved up a plan-Purple with lites. I think you need to press this. Maybe call the 1-800 corporate #? I don't know it offhand, but you can find it online . . .I think it's also on the boxes of lites

Katie is about your weight and exercises a lot and is on Red no lites. (right katie?). Which is equivalent (in LA land!) to Purple with lites . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/176.0/170

I know when I was in plateau land my COD said no fruit after dinner and try and have all your starches in before dinner as well. I know it is frustrating - I bounced around in the high to mid 170's for the most of the summer and fall. The weight will come off just keep on going!
kicker_RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I agree with the others, you are on the wrong plan. I would either drop to purple or cut out the lites for a few weeks and see what happens.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #6  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Ok, I started weighing the same as you and they put me on GOld with lites. When I said I did not want to do lites they put me on Purple no lites. I personally would think that you would be on purple at least with all the workouts you do.... I would call the # or talk to a manager at the COD....
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #7  
FBD/8-18-08

I would propose this as well... all fruit in the first 3 meals with one of them being your a.m. lite bar meal. No starches after dinner and preferably that is early in the evening.
Maybe take a look at a post I did a while ago that listed all the foods that take longer to "get rid of" weight wise and steer clear of those for a while to see how that goes... I know some have said fish, fish, fish... DH's counselor told us to have fish AT LEAST two to three times a week...
Hang in there, it WILL come off!
Hugs,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:48 AM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

This happened to me recently.. I got moved to Blue with lites and did the up and down thing for quite a while..

What it took was goiing to a different COD and had a fresh set of eyes take a look at my diet.. They ended putting me back on Red with lites.. We'll see how successful that will be hopefully pretty soon..

Put your foot down and insist on a plan review..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #9  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Just e-mailed the dietician about my extended stay in plateau land! I'll have to see what they actually say. I do absolutely adore both managers at my COD, they've both reviewed my diary and agree it's basically too a T, and I'm on the little compulsive side. The problem is one lost on 80 pounds on LA Weight loss the other dropped 150 pounds on a similar diet years ago. They both hit massive plateaus and see it as a normal part of the body adjusting.

I know about plateau's I dropped 35 pounds on my own 2 years ago, and I spent 2 years yo-yoing ten pounds of that. The whole reason for me investing the $$$ in a diet program is to take off those last 25 pounds in a healthy manner.

As for what I'm eating, I've barely touched beef in ten years, have never met a tomato that I didn't like, and forget about fish 2-3 times a week, try more like 5-6, even when I'm not trying to drop weight.

I figured if I put down the weights and reistance tubes for a week or two I'll drop weight. But seeing that after I had ankle surgery and it took 18 months to rebuild the muscle after 8 weeks of no workouts, I'm not willing to take that risk.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

yes..all bodies react differently...Do what you feel your body may respond to...everyone is so different..your only real benchmark is YOU!!! you can do it...Eating less seems pretty basic,,,but it works..I would especially agree ..after dinner no more food!!!!! Lemon water galore.....thanks nance
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #11  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

At 160 and when I WAS working out a lot they just bumped me from gold with lites to Blue with lites--just an extra starch and 1/2 protein.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #12  
Half way to my goal!!!!!!

S/C/G: 189/174/159/135

Height: 5'6

for sure i would check with your COD, i started at 189 in the purple book, 1 hour of exercise and no lites, so it does sound kidn of funny, call the cs #
malu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:41 PM   #13  
Start Date Alli 1-4-08

S/C/G: 262/197.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Marzbe - I feel your pain. I plateaued 12/15 to 1/8, did TO and the Slimdown challenge, lost 5 lbs and now back to plateau. Very frustrating. I stay POP. Beef maybe once per week, fruits by noon, 1lite bar/1 lite drink per day, all my water, etc. etc. I started on purple with lites but when I was changed to Gold with lites in early december my weight loss pretty much put on the brakes (except druing the TO and who wants to do that all the time).

My counselors absolutely insist this is the correct plan for me and the only advice they can give me was not to have blueberries more than once per week (what???), no slimdowns and to split one of my lites for my PM snack and my Evening snack. Oh, and they suggested I start taking xcel. I declined.

I have been so frustrated and depressed about this seemingly unchanging situation that I just didn't care this weekend. I stayed on plan but I don't have any excitement or incentive to do my diary or even think about exercising. I know I should get in the kitchen and plan my meals for the week and make my lunch for tomorrow but what's the point? I just have this feeling that in the next visit or two they are going to suggest that I buy more weeks and then I'm really going to be upset. I've been working it and hasn't been working for me in over a month. I'm not about to buy more weeks.

What is even more depressing is that this is really moving my goal date and I really wanted to meet it. My high school reunion is two weeks after my goal.

I would like to email the dietician but aren't those emails copied to your center?

Gook luck Marzbe!
RaceGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:41 PM   #14  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Hey RaceGrl, I'm in the same boat. Gold has me stuck and, quite frankly, not caring what I ate this weekend. I'm having NSV's left and right, but wasn't even close to POP this weekend. Bleh. Am dreading the next counseling visit ("what could you have eaten besides the cupcake and ice cream?" "NOTHING. I WANTED THE CUPCAKE AND ICE CREAM!!" Har.) But I'm back on track today/tonight, and even have tomorrow's meals all planned out.

It IS frustrating. I hope we both see some major losses soon.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

racegrl - you "shouldn't" have to buy more weeks, especially since you're doing the LA Lites and you are doing what they tell you!

You have more patience than I do. I was gaining for three WI's in a row (one week), and I told them I want to go back on the old plan. So far so good, for me.

I hope they find something that works for you!! :hugs:
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote