Old 08-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #781  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Pearl- No worries! There probably should be some type of instructions there somewhere . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:22 PM   #782  
FBD/8-18-08

JulieMarie - It wouldn't be so bad if I had just done one or two, but I did a bunch! I pm'd Aphil and apologized for the mess. I'll wait to hear from her before I post anymore!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:08 PM   #783  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Holy Cannoli!
I went to WI and was down 3.4 pounds from Friday.
I guess the lemon water and a visit from the whoosh fairy did the trick!
I would say drinking it early would be better than before bed though.
It gave me an awful bloated and too-full uncomfortable feeling and I thought it wasn't going to work, but it did!
More later, I'm working!
Hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #784  

S/C/G: 243/238/160

Height: 5'10

Congrats Jenni!!!! Send some my way....How much lemon water did you drink a day 16 oz?

Thanks for all of the praises, I really needed them. You guys are great!!
butterfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:44 PM   #785  
STACY

S/C/G: 268/249/217

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down

Ok chickies, Im pretty mad today. WI was yesturday and i was up 1.6. That is so depressing. Im doing TO today and tomorrow. The COD told me to just eat 12 egg whites, green peppers, and TO and water and my bars. THIS IS TERRIBLE. I liked to puke today at lunch. Any suggestions. Sorry so depressing today, but im just discouraged. Thanks for your suggestions.
STACY
sforck97@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:35 PM   #786  
FBD/8-18-08

Jenni -

Stacy - Hang in there girlfriend! It'll come down. Just stick to plan! Whatever you do -- DON'T GIVE UP - YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Old 08-29-2006, 03:45 PM   #787  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Stacy - that's the oddest TO I've heard about so far. Why can't you eat other proteins and veggies? Did you threaten them with their life if you don't lose 10 lbs in the 2 days you do TO??? Hmmmmm....if you can stick it out and it works, you could be on to something. Truly though, if you are suffering and ready to be sick, by all means eat some lean proteins (tuna, chicken) and other veggies. That's what the plan truly allows you.

Sergeant Pearl - yummy recipes. I know what you mean about posting to the recipe threads....I really haven't figured it out myself. Let us know what Aphil suggests. Hey, what do you count your Gazpacho as? What does the bread do?

Well, I'm happy to report a meager 4/10ths of a pound loss. I'll take it. My COD agreed that alcohol really messes with the weight loss. More so for some folks than for others. Obviously, for me, it's just not the greatest thing to partake in. So, I'm going to think long and hard before I embibe again. I mean, I know I'll drink again, but perhaps not the whole bottle of wine!! (yes, I'm a lush, but it wasn't one of those half gallon things or one of the gallon boxes...just a normal size bottle - how many ounces are in a regular bottle...anyone know?? and for the record, I haven't done this in a long, long time; I was really thirsty that night, and once I get started......kaboom!).

Last edited by Joni135; 08-29-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #788  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hey Everybody!

I was good at school today. A couple of us went through Wendy's drive thru at lunch, and I ordered a salad and bottle of water!

Lea Ann - WTG on getting back down to your ticker weight!!

Pearl - Thanks for the recipes. I will have to check them out!

Evette - I hope things settle down for you soon.

Lisa - do you have a book from the COD? My center likes to point out the sample breakdowns on page 3. (I'm on gold, so if you need the info, just say something and I can post it). I know your question was directed at Lea Ann, but in case her COD gave her different info than what's already in our book. ??

Carmen - WTG on staying POP!!

Butterfli - congrats on the 1 pound!!

Jenni - WooHoo!! 3.4 lbs down!!

Stacy - Hang in there. I can't offer any suggestions at this point. I've never heard of TO being that strict before - just egg whites and green peppers?. (With COD specifically telling you what to eat.)

Well, hope everyone is having a great POP day!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:52 PM   #789  

Suggested Daily Menu Options
GOLD Plan

There are three options, depending on if you choose 3 meals, 5 meals or 6 meals/day. My COD recommends to me usually eating the 6 meals, that way you are eating every couple of hours, and keeping your metabolism going.

Menu 1
Breakfast: 1 F, 1S, 1 Dairy, 1 Fat
Lunch: 1 P, 2 V, 1 F, 1 LA Lite
Dinner: 1 P, 1 V, 1 F, 1 S, 1 LA Lite

Menu 2:
Breakfast: 1 F, 1 Dairy
Snack: 1 F, 1 LA Lite
Lunch: 1 P, 1 V, 1 S, 1 Fat
Dinner: 1 P, 2 V, 1 S

Menu 3
Breakfast: 1 F, 1 Dairy
Lunch: 1 P, 1 V, 1 F
Snack: 1 S, 1 F
Dinner: 1 P, 2 V, 1 S
Snack: 1 LA Lite
Old 08-29-2006, 03:58 PM   #790  
FBD/8-18-08

Hey Joni! - I count the gazpacho as 2 veggies 1 Fat (1 cup)
In answer to your question, the bread acts as a thickener rather than using a cream or sour cream or whatever. I'm sure you could leave it out, but since it makes 6 servings, I don't even count it!
Also, if I'm going to cheat on a meal, it's usually on veggies, so since olive oil is so good for you, I don't sweat this recipe.
PLEASE use your own judgment though.
Sign my release form here:___________________________
Old 08-29-2006, 04:16 PM   #791  

Joni - Congrats on your loss!! I know what you mean, too about getting started. I don't get out much, but when I do, LOOK OUT! I start pounding 'em down as if I'm never gonna see another drink again! LOL
Old 08-29-2006, 05:35 PM   #792  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Thanks Sherry- I never noticed that in the book- I pretty much follow that 6 meals a day plan though. I wonder if that is what Lea ann is talking about.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:57 PM   #793  

I'm not sure. The other option for variety would be to follow the actual sample menus in the back of the book (starting at page 38).
Old 08-29-2006, 06:04 PM   #794  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Butterfli- I'm not 100% sure how much water. I had 3 glasses and I'm willing to bet they held 16 oz each. But I only used 1 lemon between the three glasses. The first glass had a whole half a lemon and was pretty tart! So I split the second half between two glasses.

Stacy- Don't puke! Just hang in there and try maybe some really lean tuna or chicken like Joni said. I've never done take off, just the fast forward at the first 2 days of joining and I was allowed any type of meat on that .... Maybe TO is different

Pearl - Thank you so much! You are sweet to congrat me, but more importantly, Thank You for being such an enthusiastic supporter to all of us.

Joni - I think 1 regular bottle has 4 wine glasses full... I don't have any in the house to check, but I've drank a whole bottle myself in the past and UGH the next day. (didn't help I ate red meat too... I get bad migraines...)

Sherry - Good Girl at Wendy's! Thanks for the dancers!

Everybody else, keep going and don't give up!

And, here's some wisdom from a coworker of mine. If we squint hard we might be able to make it apply to our eating habits:

"If ya ain't makin' any mistakes, ya ain't workin' too hard"

Which I can translate into - If we never cheat, we aren't on a diet!

Lame? Well I tried.... LOL

hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:28 PM   #795  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Okay girls--here is the meal breakdown for Blue--from COD. I am liking the structure. Need to see how close it is to what Sherry posted.

It's 3 days and I just rotate them. It's really just moving food around (today was a huge lunch (#3) One thing I noticed is no fat allowance so I add it in somewhere. Plus, I don't have anything after supper and for me that's good because I am a TV snacker.

Day 1
Breakfast--1/2 P, S, F, D
Mid AM--Lite
Lunch--P, S, V, F
Mid PM--Lite
Dinner--P, S, VV, F

Day 2
B--P, S, F
Mid--lite
L--P, S, V, F
Mid--Lite
D--1/2 P, S, VV, F, D

Day 3
B-- P, S, F
Mid--Lite
L--1/2 P, S, VV, F, D
Mid--Lite
D--P, S, V, F

3 days examples

day 1
cottage cheese, pineapple, cereal, soy milk
lite
turkey, wrap, lettuce, apple
lite
slimfast, V-8, blueberries

Day 2
cottage cheese, pineapple, rice cake
lite
slimfast, carrots, banana
lite
turkey, pita, lettuce/tomatoe, prunes, yogurt

Day 3
cottage cheese, pineapple, toast
lite
string cheese, rice cake, V-8, apple, yogurt
lite
slimfast, carrots, strawberries

I know I need to get more variety--I am terrible but after typing it I realized just how bad it was--oops. I am a very "a la carte" eater so it really works for me. Plus, I like putting the initials in my book early and filling it in the night before--keeps me more honest somehow.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote