Old 05-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #286  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Rachelle - I don’t think my snacking urge ever went away but it would help when I had a decent loss for the week. That would just keep me motivated and made me temporarily forget about snacking. Some things I snack on now are raisins, grapes, string cheese, SF jell-o, cut the lites into bite size pieces or just making a cup of hot tea will help pass the urge.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:47 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Rachelle - Congratulations!! 9.5 lbs in one week is awesome! Happy dance for you!
I don't know what your food pattern is like now, but prior to LAWL, I never ate breakfast. Now, I do eat every couple of hours (which is what LAWL recommends), and by eating so often, I have less urges to snack. Sometimes by drinking water will help the urge to snack as well. If all else fails, and you have no food left, go for (plain) veggies. (celery, carrots.) Nothing too carby. (Is that a word? LOL)
As far as appearance, I still don't SEE myself as being any thinner. However, I had to buy uniforms for clinical, and luckily I left the tags on. I had to exchange them before clinical actually started, because the Extra Large was too big and baggy looking.
Congratulations again!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 208/197/160

Rachelle,

congrats on the big loss. That is a really good start.

LEMON WATER QUESTION
I have a question about the lemon water some people have talked about in the past.

Why do you drink it and how much??

Thanks,
Julie
julieleeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #289  

I'm not one to measure too many things. I usually take the largest coffee mug I have, and use that. Sometimes one cupful, sometimes two.
I drink it on days that I have excess sodium. (If you ever have a lean cuisine for dinner, or ham). It's a natural diuretic.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 208/197/160

Thanks Sherry

I am going to make myself a mug right now

Looks like we started the program at the same weight. What plan are you on ? do you use the bars?

Julie
julieleeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #291  

Julie - I'm on blue with lites.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #292  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Rachelle- For snacks I usually have a sugar free popcicle, SF jello, Ice Breakers Sours. If I need chocolate I sometimes have SF hot chocolate. I usually eat my fruits in between meals so I have a "snack" to look forward to.

My husband started noticing my weight loss before I did. He could just tell by touching me. He said that at night when he put his arm around me I felt different. I guess I would say I started noticing around 10 pounds. But as I lose weight I notice for a while, then I get used to it and start to feel fat again. I hope when I reach my goal I will finally feel good about myself.

Lisa
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #293  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Good night girls:

Carmen:
Girl,

Rachelle:
Congratulations on your loss!

Hope that all of you have a great night and sweet dreams!!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

Lisa~ you are doing amazing!! Hats off to you girl.. I can't wait to get to where you are right now.. . my goal seems so far away.. step by step i will get there eventually..

well tomorrow is a field trip w/ my 13 yr old son.. to see a couple short plays at a local college.. packing a salad w/ chicken to eat.. and water, d. pepsi too.. oh and and orange slices.. I am thinking lower scales for all tomorrow!! see ya..Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:49 AM   #295  
Brooklyn Mommy of 2

I just finished catching up...Wooo! I'm gone 2 days and you chicks really got busy! Just wanted to peek in and give a quick hello and go to bed. Like in Milca's post a ways back, I just finished packing lunch, ironing a shirt and cleaning up train tracks and tonka trucks and on and on and on! LOL

Hope you all have a good night and a wonderful positive morning!
Denise Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:03 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

DF~ thank you, believe it or not i feel a ton better that im not the only one with some dysfunction in my life....

sherry~ thank you, i kno eveyone is thinking how can i coninue to be a friend to someone like this, who treats her kids so poorly. but how can i leave her...she has no one...im hoping the more we spend time together and focus on the kids the more she will want to do those things when im gone...they are great boys...i've seen them grow up and i dont want to abandon her or the boys...i want to help them...

rebeca~ oh my, im sorry to hear that...but you have nothing to worry about b/c you guys are really married, so all the things they may ask you, you will know the answers too...theres no reason for you to get deported...but still, i got my fingers crossed for you!.with the partying, you've been doing so great with temptations...think like me, this is the last year that you will be this way for summer, you look good so your willing to fudge a little and eat at these parties making this yet another summer where you dont change...no pressure or anything, but im like you, i settle b/c i look average, but this summer i want to look above average or amazing! we have one month left, eat the healthy stuff at these parties and try to make the best of it, and stay POP in between to make up for the loss, make sure you save your starches and you fat and dairy cause you know its gonna be there are the parties, eat light during the day, then eat the rest at these events...is that at all helpful?

rachele~ congratulations! im green with envy, you go girl!
i snack on banana with ff hershey syrup, apple and honey, my fav is ff plain yogurt blended with a little milk and a little splenda, it tastes like icecream, bars and fruit is the rest of my snacking...sometimes for dinner when i really need sugar, i'll have baby carrots and peanut butter, yumm
i used to weigh 208, so when i reached 191 i noticed, then again at 175 (over the last summer)...so for my height 5'7 1/2 (gotta say the half) and bone structure it took approximately 15 pds to see a difference...
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:04 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

btw, im so tired with the scale, i decided next weigh in to be on monday! wish me luck! i want 177 already!!!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:41 AM   #298  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Thanks Kim
Last night I had a craving so bad for something sweet, I had nothing left for the day. I ended up having jelly on rice cakes and a few handfuls of my kids sugary cereal. I felt like I was totally bingeing, and was mad at myself. But thankfully the scale did not change this morning.
Well, off to be the mean nurse. Summer is getting close and we are doing so many school physicals, those poor kids going into kindergarten, they need 3 shots. I feel so bad holding them down to poke them while they are pleading with me.
Lisa
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:45 AM   #299  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachy
Hey ladies!!!

Well, results are in for week 1 - I'm down 9.5lbs and that is WITH my period!!!
Jump for joy? - can you say **** YEAH!

So, I'm feeling very happy obviously - I know the first few lbs are water and poop and other fluids BUT after this, the jelly will start to go too! YAY!

Question: What do some of you snack on? I keep having the urge to SNACK and after how many lbs lost did you actually notice a change in your appearance?

Be a great day ladies!
~Rachelle
xxx
Rachelle,
Just checking about your plan....didn't you say you are paying monthly? Did you have to commit to a yr. of maintenence also?
I'm thinking of re-joining the COD.
Are you doing bars?
Leah
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #300  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone! I am steam cleaning my carpet today. I did osme last night and that water was SO nasty.

DH was really a jerk to me last night. I could do no right. This morning when I woke up he told me not to make him bfast because he had been such a jerk to me yesterday. He admitted he waited too long to refill his thryoid medication. When he goes off of it, he is moody and depressed and takes it out on me. Thank God for synthroid or else my marriage would be kaput Anyway...dreading moving my living room furniture and finishing the steam cleaning job...
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote