Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #46  

Yes, Star, I know it's supposed to be five hours, but one of my counselors said three, and then I'd move to blue (which has lower protein sizes than purple) so I don't think she had all her facts right. . .

Beth, yes, I agree with you, that a man that brings home a luscious strawberry desert is trying to control your weight - unless you don't like strawberries. . .My mother used to do that - she'd hassel me about my weight then bring home pound cake for the rest of the family - used to make me very Angry! Some men don't like change, even when they say they want it.

Julie
Old 05-02-2005, 03:53 PM   #47  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

OMG, i just posted over 1,000 times...
Old 05-02-2005, 03:57 PM   #48  

Michele - The Heel and Flower wins hands down - very sexy chickie! Where can I get those shoes???
Julie, I know you would never give bad information - you get all the facts right - I count on you for all my inside info!!! It's the counslors that make stuff up sometimes....
My DH is good, he wants me to be happy, so he trys to help me help myself. Then he forgets and wants to go out to eat at off-plan places pretty often Not that it would hurt him to lose his Harley belly and man boobs (as he calls them).....
Old 05-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #49  

Michele,
Congrats - you are now a member of the club
Old 05-02-2005, 04:12 PM   #50  

STar - I noticed that you broke that 10 pound marker - WTG..

Michelle - what a friend to create those lovely graphics for you! Definately go for the shoes. Or switch off, depending on the type of impression you're trying to create.

(I'm over 750 posts since October - what does that say about me . .. I'm a chatty chickie .. )

Irish - I am the last one to talk, since I am guy-less, but I do agree with Star- most of the times I've gotten really pissed off at a guy - I'd have done better if I had said something when I was still rational . .. He may not realize that he's making you this upset. (And I'm a little worried that you don't have cash, and he takes you out to lunch and doesn't let you order what you want to eat. . .sorry about pointing this out, I may be really off target)

Beth - five inches off your waist is AWESOME! I always lose weight from the outside in - my hands are very skinny, as are my feet. ..

Julie

Julie
Old 05-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #51  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

My DH has come a long way. Granted, he still has his TOM moments. We didn't live together or anything before we married, and boy did I get a reality check!!! He was worse than a little kid. So spoiled and he could be very mean spirited...seemingly for nothing. But after about 4 years of and constantly explaining that I was going to be the only one in the house having moodswings and crazy spells, he seems to understand it a bit better. Basically, I control him by letting him think he's in control, until he goes too far, and then I have to remind him of who's really in control. See?
Old 05-02-2005, 04:17 PM   #52  

Default Again - it's me....

Julie - I can always count on you to notice the little stuff (now that I have come out of the closet with my weight ). It does feel great when you break the 10 pound marker - I've been doing the happy dance all day...

Julie, you said:
(I'm over 750 posts since October - what does that say about me . .. I'm a chatty chickie .. )
That simply says that you, unlike me, think before you post

Carmen - Sounds like you have a perfect relationship

Last edited by Starlynn; 05-02-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:19 PM   #53  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Irish - Here's what you do... The next time he wants to act up, send him down to live with the crazy dirty crooked ignorant neighbor!
Old 05-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #54  
Goal - 150 lbs.

Red face I'm new to LAWL and 3fatchicks.com

Hello Everyone. I have been looking for weeks for an online group for LAWL and here it is. Thank God! I started the program less than a week ago. It's been pretty good so far, though I find myself having a hard time with some of the planning ahead. Question though, and don't think I'm weird, but since I started this program I haven't...um, I need a good way to put this... um #2ed. It's starting to scare me big time. Is it possible because the change of foods? Anyone know?
Old 05-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #55  

Hi Melissa - Welcome.
Your problem is common among us LAWL chicks.....I think it is due to a lack of fat (JMHO ofcourse).....
Be sure and drink all your water, my doctor told me I could take Senokot daily if need be, less damage taking that than not going at all.
Also I get some green diet tea at the chinese food market that works wonderfully.
Whatever you do, make sure to do something or else you will explode
Old 05-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #56  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi Melissa and welcome... I think it could be the change in diet, but i'd call your center and tell them. You may not know this yet, but they always ask you "when was your last bm?" so they won't think it's odd or embarrassing. I'd be a little concerned.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #57  

I've been here since August 04 and I've only got a little over 700 posts...I'd better get typing! :type:

Welcome Melissa! I agree with Michelle - if you aren't BMing every couple days (or whatever was regular for you before you started LAWL), I'd think about getting proactive! However, if you mention it to your counselor they WILL try to sell you some goofy tea at an inflated price - don't go for it. Ask what diet changes you can make, first. For example, make sure that your starches are high-fiber ones whenever possible - fiber is important for keeping things moving. Same thing, choose fresh veggies over canned/cooked.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:11 PM   #58  

Default Checking In

Hi, everyone!

Just checking in quick as things have been pretty busy for me and I haven't been able to get on-line from home.

I will have to come up with some May mini goals, too. I'm still at the same weight 161.2! I just can't seem to buckle down and Just Do It!

To new Melissa - Try some Fiber One cereal as one of your starches, 1/2 cup has like 14 grams of fiber. I find it helps with the plumbing so to speak. And as Fiona said - don't buy the tea from LAWL, it's like $12 a box!

The one thing I don't have a problem with is drinking water I usually have my 64 ounces drunk by lunch time, now if I was only so good with the rest of the plan.

Well, back to work (I figured out how to post from here, but I can't make it a habit.)

congrats to all for losing, staying OP or getting back on plan!

Melissa aka Videochick
Old 05-02-2005, 06:50 PM   #59  

Hi to Melissa/videochick - was wondering what was up with you! Can you spread some of that water habit my way????

To the new Melissa- welcome! The standard LAWL diet is really low in fat - are you taking any type of Omega 3/EFA suplement? I find that when I take those regularly, it helps with the other kind of regularity -- also make the best, high fiber choice for your starches and fruits. . . I'm surprised that your center hasn't asked you 'The BM question'. . .Also I've overheard people say that the chocolate in the lites stop them up . ..

Julie
Old 05-02-2005, 07:12 PM   #60  
Goal - 150 lbs.

Unhappy Disappointed

Hey guys! Thanx for the advice. I talked to my counselor and she said that's normal and gave me a few ideas. Didn't try to sell me any tea thank god. Problem is I am really really discouraged today. I went to my visit and since I have only been on the plan for 3 days found I made a few minor mistakes but masically did it to the T. YAY. But they seemed almost mad at me because I don't want to do the LA Lites. I had talked to my partner and we made the decision that I shouldn't do the LA Lites. I'm 19, married, raising a family on one income right now and had to pull together all our extra money just to do the program and buy all new healthier foods. But they kept telling me that I needed them so I wouldnt get flabby skin. And they made me feel bad saying that I spent all kinds of money on junk food so this should be nothing. They made a big deal about me not being guaranteed 2 pounds a week and it all just seems like I wasted $700 on something that isnt going to work because I didn't buy some bars. Is anyone else doing the program without the bars? Has anyone found any good replacements to take care of skin elacticity? Some way to get the whey protein in? Just wondered. I'm starting to feel like maybe we should just break down and find the money for the bars.
Closed Thread