Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #46  

Hey Melinda...I'm finding the weekends more difficult then during the week as well. mostly cause that's when we're out and about. This passed weekend we were out over lunch time...O rdered a burger without the bun. The guy looked at me like I was a freak! lol John is adorable.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:48 AM   #47  

Jenni...sounds like a great recipe. WIsh I liked peppers. ;o)
Old 06-16-2004, 11:50 AM   #48  

I try to do my half protien for breakfast. I find it keeps my satiated till lunch. I also do lunch at 11 with no snack in between so I can have my second lite bar as a night time snack.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:52 AM   #49  

Congratulations on your loss and move to a new plan...even if it does mean less to eat.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:54 AM   #50  

Day is day 16 for me on LAWL. I hit the scales and was very pleased to be down again. I've now lost 8.6 pounds and looking forward to hitting the magic 10 down next week.

Serena
223/214.4/159
Old 06-16-2004, 10:07 PM   #51  

Serena - Dh is most of my problem. I won't buy junk in the house, but he will bring it home. I have gotten to the point where I just throw it away when he is not looking. I hate to see the waste of money, but maybe he will get the point. I need to get a new pic of John Wesley, he changes so much.

I weigh in tomorrow, so I am hoping for a good one.

Melinda
Old 06-17-2004, 06:55 AM   #52  

Hi All:
Jenni its hard losing that starch isn't, I tried the recipe but without the rice, it was a great change.
Melinda have a great weigh in.
Beach I do better with have the protein in the morning also it last longer.
Serena I think a lot of us have trouble on the weekends, during thw eeek is so muc easier.
Diane
Old 06-17-2004, 09:11 AM   #53  

I weighed in yesterday and I was up .6. I couldn't believe it but the counselor said it had something to do with the heat. Anyone heard of that?
Old 06-17-2004, 12:42 PM   #54  

Beachlover - You might be swelling bc of the heat, so maybe that is the reason for the.

Hopefully, I can control the weekend. We are going to dh favorite buffet for Father's Day, but I don't really care for the food that much.

I weighed today and I am down .2

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-17-2004, 04:15 PM   #55  

Meltin - I think it's great you can go to a buffet that you don"t actually LIKE. Maybe we should all go there! Glad you're down. I weigh in tomorrow. I went for a walk today but I forgot ot was so hot 27C - I think that's about 83F. I wish we were back in Farenheit. Guess I'm rambling. Thinking of you all and hoping for a good day with LAWL.
Beachlover
Old 06-17-2004, 05:39 PM   #56  

Hi Ladies,
Thanks everyone for the congrats, etc. on my loss. Congrats to you Mel for being down....way to go!!!

Diane,
Yes...it's hard losing that starch. I've had to change stuff around. Now, instead of having a protein/starch/fruit for breakfast, I have an LA Lite and a fruit. That way I can still have some protein in the a.m. I then had to take the LA Lite away from one of my daily snacks and have just a fruit.

I went to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner last night (my birthday was yesterday) and was able to fit it into plan. I had shrimp on the barbee (which was good, but not very filling), a salad without cheese and croutons and with their fat free tangy tomato dressing (the dressing is pretty good, one of my counselors at LAWL told me about it), and steamed veggies. It was pretty good and I felt real good about sticking to plan. I didn't drink any alcohol or have dessert!!!
Today I lifted weights by doing a really hard "The Firm" tape....ouch!!! I love to do resistance work because I alway's have a 2 to 3 pound loss a few days afterwards.
Today is my son's birthday and I made him a cake....chocolate on chocolate....yikes!!! I'm not even gonna start...not even 1 piece. I'll be doomed!!! Cake is one of my favorite things....

Beachlover,
You'd be suprised at how much retained water (swelling) weighs. I can sometimes gain as much as 4 - 5 pounds when it's my time of the month. Just drink lot's of water.

I hope everyone is having a great OP day.
Talk to you soon,

Jenni

Oh, I'm down another pound by the way....(she whispers quietly).
Old 06-17-2004, 08:45 PM   #57  

Jenni, you're doing great! Happy Birthday to you and your son!
Beachlover
Old 06-18-2004, 06:19 PM   #58  

Thanks Beach!!!

I just wanted to drop in and tell all you gals to have a great weekend. I know it's harder to stay OP on the weekends (I have that challenge myself). At least it's summer, go buy some yummy produce and enjoy it.

Talk to ya'll later,
Jenni
Old 06-19-2004, 12:53 PM   #59  

Jenni - How did the temptations with the birthday cakes go this week? Happy Birthday to you and your son.
Those firm videos will have you sore for days.

I got a workout this morning and have been on program so far. I should be able to manage today.

Happy Weekend Ladies!
Old 06-19-2004, 04:10 PM   #60  

Just went for a power walk. It's great weather here for a change. We're going out for breakfast tomorrow for Father's Day. I've promised myself I will eat healthfully. Have a great weekend.
Beachlover
Closed Thread