Old 04-07-2009, 01:38 AM   #331  

Hi all. so sorry i have not been coming in as i love the board. just lazy i guess. but i do plan on coming in now more often. still around. haha i have been into curves and love it. daughter got it for me for christmas. i go 6 days a week. and been losing and on my plan. so far good. i am so glad everyone is doing so well. sorry carol about you and the sunshine. your view sounds so pretty. good luck to all LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #332  

Hi LaDean, it is always so good to hear from you. We're still in Colo. but leaving for Denver today. We've been in Winter Park. We went to a hot springs yesterday which was very relaxing. I found my appetite reduced here and about the time we are ready to leave I start to feel better ....getting used to the altitude finally.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:31 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everyone

LaDean - Sounds like you are doing great and glad you are enjoying your curves membership. I am trying to get more movement going. I tried my 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds tape and even though I took it easier, my knee sure didn't like it.

Carolr - Glad you are starting to enjoy your time in Col and able to adapt to the altitude. Will you be there much longer? Sounds good that you are staying satisfied with the eating.

My appetite is becoming more in control finally. I seem to be eating less I just hope it stays that way. I think eating more Volumetrics foods combined with IE has really helped me a lot.
pattygirl63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #334  

Hi Trish, We're back home now. When you said your appetite was normalizing it reminded me how I ate so many desserts at first but now they just don't hold as much attraction. I do have times I eat when I shouldn't. For example my Dh dished me up a huge bowl of ice cream (my favorite kind...jamoca almond fudge) and I ate the whole thing. It didn't taste as good as usual. The next day when we arrived at the motel he went out to a diner and brought back quite a bit of food for our DD and I. I felt so bad for him because my DD didn't want to eat so I ate some of it even though not hungry. I got the flu later that night so I think things evened out. ha!

Last edited by carolr3639; 04-09-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 04-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #335  

Hi thanks so much girls. its so good to be back here and all among my online friends. you all help me so much. glad your back to your plan Trish, we just have to keep going with it. we will get there. i also have bad days and SRD is next weekend and hope i do good. we are going to banquet sat. nite then so know it will be good. Oh we have to get off sometimes. i know i will. ha ha

carol.... so glad your back home. hate it you 2 got sick. that is the bummers for sure. but is always good to be back home and back to schedules i think. i love going though. got a reno trip planned with 2 gals in June. can hardly wait. go once a year. 2 of us do a 3rd friend is going this year. we drive so a blast. 3 days. well have good week to all. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:34 AM   #336  

Hi Everybody

carolr Glad you made it back home safe and sound. Sorry you got sick. I still eat the goodies I like just not as much as before. Also am still learning what foods I can have in the house and what I can't. I know there are no good/bad foods, but there are some I just don't do well with if I have them in the house. The food I now have in the house that may go on my don't purchase list will be Ritz crackers if I find they call my name too much.

LaDean Yes there are times when we must realize we are going to eat differently. In fact the other day we went out to eat. DH decided we would go to Cracker Barrel and I was soooo glad because I stayed on plan there. I knew if we had gone to Ryan's I would have had the works even dessert.

My knew thing is trying to remember that I am NOT dieting. I am doing a combo of Volumetrics and IE and I must say I am really enjoying it. I have dieted for so many years that I get up some days thinking, I need to eat low carbs or maybe I should do Carbohydrate Addicts diet again. I got up thinking that this morning and I stood in the kitchen and actually said out loud, "Stop that. You don't diet any more". Sometimes I feel guilty because I'm not dieting. I wonder carolr do you ever do that after doing IE for so long?

Blue Come out and let us know how you are. You are missed.

Y'all have a great day and if I don't get back here have a Happy Easter.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:46 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 165/162/

Height: 5'4"

A quick hi to all. I've been trying Eating Mindfully by Susan Albers, and as someone (Julie?) pointed out, it is a lot like IE. I've tried IE in the past without any success. So if no one minds, I may post on this board. I've been trying to slow down my eating and notice each bite. I've been watching my hunger. Last night, I was visiting my DBF (dear boyfriend) in the hospital. I ate by his bedside and then decided I wanted a banana I had been carrying with me all day. It was ripe and delicious, but I only had a bite or two because I was full. That's progress for me. I have been posting on the Beck Diet Solution board so some of you may know me! - Lily
lilyyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #338  

Hi Lily. Glad to have you. Trish, I don't think about dieting anymore though I catch myself reading an article on something new once in a great while. But I'm resigned to the fact that this is the first time in my life that I have lost weight and kept it off.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #339  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hi Ladies.

I want to buy this book. I went to look on Ebay and there are books published in '93, '96 and '03. Which one should I buy?
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #340  

Lily Welcome to the group glad to have you here. IE by itself didn't work for me. I have included a lot of Volumetrics ideas with it and it is working for me. I find I still kind of need some guidance on portions of some things. Also I want to eat more healthy whole foods. That is the nice thing about IE as it will work with the things we have learned over the years even in the diet world. I'm learning that it is learning what works for me and making my own plan with things that have worked for me in the past. That is why I say that for me IE is the NO Diet plan for me. Of course that just means that I am in the stage of IE of getting rid of the "Diet Mentality". I have been reading a book I found on Amazon.com about people who succeeded at losing weight and keeping it off which has done wonders for me. I am noticing that I am beginning to "subconciously' practice Mindful eating which if I remember right is in the IE book.

Thighs Be Gone I'm not sure what book you are looking for. If it is the IE book by Tribole and Resch, mine is '95. I'm not sure if this helps.

caror Thanks for sharing. I hope I can get to the place I no longer think "diet" like I mentioned before and just relax and enjoy what I eat and then forget about it. I do think I will always be reading article on nutrition etc because I like to keep up with what is going on and what they are learning. However, have you noticed how one day something is bad for and then they decide it isn't? Like I just read the other day that coffee may actually be good for you and help prevent cancer. Go figure. Maybe it is just eat or drink what you want and like and just do it in moderation.

Thunderstorms headed this way so probably won't be on the pc much today. Probably make it a reading day.

Catch y'all later.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Hi Ladies.

I want to buy this book. I went to look on Ebay and there are books published in '93, '96 and '03. Which one should I buy?
Huh. I dunno.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #342  

S/C/G: 165/162/

Height: 5'4"

Hi all. Just checking in. I weigh myself every day and I find that my weight has been very stable for the last few days with very few fluctuations. This is since I started to switch my focus to mindful eating. I would like to be thinner, but my biggest fear lately is if I lose the diet--the calorie counting with a specific target amount of calories--I will gain weight rapidly. That has happened to me in the past. I wrote this list of questions to ask myself when I want to eat, based on the Albers book:
Am I hungry?
Is it a craving?
What do I want to eat?
How does my body feel?
Is there another way to feel better?
Is something bothering me?
Is there a more nutritious or lower calorie choice? (I'm not sure this belongs there.)
I found another list of questions in a book by a Bhuddist called Mindful Eating, which I didn't buy yet:
Am I hungry?
Where do I feel hunger? What part of me is hungry?
What do I really crave?
What am I tasting right now?

This is an enormously high stress time for me. My live in boyfriend has a recurrence of cancer and he is in the hospital. Food has been my way to cope for years. I want to take care of him and still take care of myself. I posted on the Beck board a few weeks ago that I wanted to be 155 by my birthday on 4/22. That is not going to to happen, and I want to let go of that. So I want to commit here to eating mindfully--as much as I can. Aside from that list of questions it mainly means slowing down and paying attention to my food and my body. And figuring out what and if I should eat in the first place. Thanks for listening.
lilyyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #343  

TBG, my DIL has my book right now but I think mine is the 96 version. There can't be too much difference. Lily, sorry to hear of your stress and I think you are handling the eating well. Be really patient because you don't have a lot to lose and it will come off.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Lily, wish the best for you and BF. I bet that focusing on eating mindfully will be good for you right now. It's kind like a meditation, and forces you to slow down and be present and enjoy something.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:04 AM   #345  

Lily Sorry about your BF. Prayers coming your way and I hope everything goes well for you and him. I'm sure it isn't easy right now and hopefully the meditation will help.