Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 09:35 PM   #46  

well, i didn't loose... but, i didn't gain... i wuz pleased since it has been such a stressful week & i'm expecting Tom in a day or so.

Counselor tried to push the takeoff drink... told her it had only been 2 weeks & that i was convinced that it was just like a water pill... then, she tried to push the supplements... duh... she wasn't new... told her that she should recall or at least see in my chart where i had a reaction to their supplements & have to leave them alone... then, she started talking about something else... some breathing tape plus some take off drink that i could always use later & so on... i told her that i didn't appreciate her hounding me with options that just cost additional fees and that i was really beginning to get discouraged with their program... told her that i had a enough sense to know that TOM was apparently causing me to retain some fluids & that she could not convence me today that i was at a plateau.... i didn't say it really sharp... but... she was really getting a bit to pushy for sales for me... anyhow, i told her that i would take a look & see where i was at after my cycle and after Christmas... but, told her if I maintain through all that's happening i would be pleased...

her eyes only had $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.... not one ounce of compassion or understanding... much more of those tactics & I will about be ready to collect my lites and say goodbye...

sorry to have such a sour taste with LA today... ladies... not my intention to direct any hostilities in your direction... I hope & pray that you are better pleased with the program & the counselors...

i also pointed out to her that my average weight loss per week was nearly 2 - 3/4 lbs... pretty darn good... why spend more bucks to rush... i hope to loose... but want to learn to keep it off.

I hope that everyone is feeling better with the plan than I... I guess it's not the plan so much as the counselor that has made my bllod pressure boil... oh well... tomorrow is another day...

have a great weekend...

nancy
Old 12-14-2001, 10:27 PM   #47  

Hi Everyone:
Nancy your average weight loss per week is a ot better than mine. Mine is only 1.5 lately. My center is not to bad with the sales stuff when something is on special they let me know it but if I do not want anything they are not to bad. I thought that breathing tape was included when we joined. I got one each time I joined mine is sitting on the shelf. It reminds me of that woman on that infomercial, I find it pretty silly. It would make me feel uncomfortable with the center also if I was bothered when I went.
I think until after the Holidays I am not going to worry about losing weight I just want to try to maintain and go from there after the Holidays. I feel if I can do that then that will be an accomplishment for me.
My wrapping is not done yet I think my shopping is though.
Jibbelle have a good weigh in tomarrow. My fingers and toes are crossed for you.
I am making cookies tomarrow, I decided to see how it goes make sure I eat the main meals without skipping. I might skip the lites though. I will let you know how I do. I am going to weigh in the morning though.
Diane
Old 12-15-2001, 10:49 AM   #48  

Nancy-
I am sorry to hear that your center is so bad. You are doing a wonderful job at losing so do not let them discourage you! Did they try and sell you that Breathasize tape? They gave me mine when I joined. If you want one, I will give you mine...never opened still in package.

Diane-
Watch out for that little while you are making those cookies! I am not making any cookies or candy this year. My mom said she was not making much either. Neither of us need the tempation! I have no idea what my boyfriends mom will have at her house, but that is where I will be for Christmas day.

I went to the center to weigh in. I went from 251.6 to 249 this week! A 2.6 lb loss!!! WOOHOOO I only have one more pound to make my Christmas goal (40 lb loss). I am sooooo close!

I am trying to decide what my next goal should be. Maybe a Valentine's goal?? What do you ladies think?

The manager at my center said they are opening a new one in a suburb close to where I work. She said she really wants to switch to managing that center. I asked her if she went there if I could transfer to that center and she said yes. Her and her team are really good and if they leave I am sure my current center will go back to way things were before her! I will just have to wait and see what happens.
Old 12-15-2001, 11:45 AM   #49  

Jibbelle,

WAY TO GO!!!!

I know you can do it, just one more pound!
Good Luck
Ramona
Old 12-15-2001, 11:57 AM   #50  
choose it to loose it:)

Good Morning ladies,

WOW!! It sounds like a lot has been happening since the last time I posted. It has been a long time since I posted anything. I just haven't felt like getting on and posting. But I am back into the swing of things.

Well since hubby and I have split up I have been keeping up on my exersise and watching what I eat (pertty much) I haven't gained any so that's a plus. Still no word on when the divorce will be final.. I talked to my lawyer and she said that she hadn't heard anything from his. My mom thinks it's because he doesn't have any money to go through it. Well tough ****!! He's the one that wanted it. NOT ME

I went and bought myself a Christmas present. I bought a membership to the gym. I really didn't want to have to pay that much for one but I feel it's for my health. I got to keep that into consederation. It's for my health

Karen
Old 12-15-2001, 12:01 PM   #51  

Thanks for the words of encouragement Ramona!!

Karen-
Welcome back!

A gym membership is a great Christmas present for yourself! When I have spent a lot of money on gym memberships it is a motivator for me to actually go. I think about how much I am paying per day to have the membership, so if I dont use it every day....then it is that much lost. It works for me!

I am terribly sorry to hear about your dirvorce. Do you have kids? Who are you spending Christmas with since you are not with your husband? I hope all goes well with you.
Old 12-15-2001, 03:39 PM   #52  

Talking

Hi Jibelle

It's Fran just dropping by. I was so excited to hear your loss!! That is awesome. Just one more pound and you made your X-Mas goal!! So cool! I think a Valentine's goal would be a good idea. You are just wasting away!! Good luck next week!!

Have a great week ladies!!

Fran
Old 12-16-2001, 11:25 AM   #53  

Fran-
Thanks! How are things with you?

I have been Christmas shopping already this morning! I bought gifts for my boyfriend and grandmother. I think I am finished!!! Everything is wrapped and under the tree. WOOHOO I am getting ready to send out Christmas cards now. After that....I think I can have the rest of the day off to relax.

Is everyone else ready for the holidays?

Diane-
How did the cookie making go? Save some for me??
Old 12-17-2001, 09:42 AM   #54  

Jibbelle,

Congrats on reaching your goal! You have done a great job!

Thanks everyone for the kind words... don't know where I'd be without you...

Well, TOM arrived.... anxious for him to hurry up & leave...

Can you believe that Chirstmas is one week from tomorrow? Yikes! I've finished my shopping with the exception of a few odds & ends... stocking stuffers, etc.

My youngest daughter only has Christmas Day off.... she's a bank teller... the bank hasn't yet decided if they will close early Christmas Eve... she was supposed to have had the day after off... but... a co-worker has children & my baby has a kind heart & gave her day up... thank goodness we are less than 40 miles away...

I hope that each of you have a blessed Christmas with your family & friends!

We haven't decided on our menu yet... trying to stay away from the traditional... that way... I won't totally blow my diet.

Guess that I'd better run... took the day off.. trying to clean, etc. But, also gotta fix a clue list for my grandson (10 ... 11 in Jan) for his treasure hunt... kinda a tradition around here... one Christmas several years ago... I thought that it would be neat to hide a gift for him... Santa left a letter sending him on a hunt until all the clues led to the gift... we even do it for his birthday... sometimes, I think that he loves the hunt more than the gift... He also loves nested boxes...

this year it seemed a little harder to shop for him... growing up... he likes the Florida Gators... so my hubby & I got him a FL Gator Locker.... so, I need to go make up some clues so that he can find it on Christmas Day...

Take care everyone! Happy Holidays!
Nancy
Old 12-17-2001, 12:39 PM   #55  

Nancy-
The treasure hunt is a really cute idea! I will have to remember that.

I am taking a quick lunch break....1/2 chicken salad sandwhich and sliced cucumbers and green peppers. Kind of boring. It is a slow day at work today...which never happens. I am enjoying it and trying to catch up on paperwork.

I think I will stop by the center today when I get off. I am almost out of chocolate crunch bars! I have on jeans and a heavy sweater, so I wont look at the scale! I will wait till Saturday to see how I do.

You think we should start a new thread?

Take care all
Old 12-17-2001, 07:29 PM   #56  

Hi Everyone:
Jibbelle did not handle the cookies so well. But felt terrible the next day. I need to get rid of them though I felt myself going for them today. Anyway on Saturday since I knew I was not going to follow the plan I decided to have an Eggplant parm on a roll for lunch well my sister wrote the lunch list for her husband to order it and she only wrote egplant and guess what he came home with eggplant on a roll with nothing on it, that is what I get for trying to cheat. The cookies were good but I don't think they are worth gaining weight over. I should listen to my self. Congrats on your loss.
I was up two pounds on Saturday (before the cookies) I was having bathroom problems. I hope that is over with I had a tough time with it. I need to get with it or I am going to go backwards soon.
Diane
Old 12-17-2001, 08:48 PM   #57  

Diane,

Hang in there! Don't be too hard on yourself... we all need a treat every now & then... especially with the holidays. . . they are hard!

I know what you mean about backsliding... but, if you are totally deprived... you will probably eat everything... so, try limiting or sampling & have a backup OP treat to have instead.

Anyhow... you have come a long way & should be proud of yourself... I hope that you have continued success...

Have a great week everyone!

Jibbelle, I completed the clues for the treasure hunt... the first one is wrapped in a nested box... I know where I'm going to place the other clues... just debating whether to wrap each clue...

I copied & pasted Gator logos, etc... the clues look neat... I can't hardly wait... I'm a big kid... especially at Christmas.

Happy Holidays!
Nancy
Old 12-18-2001, 08:20 AM   #58  

Diane-
The same kind of thing happened to me a couple months ago. I went through a drive through to get a Dr. Pepper....I was just craving some real soda....and they gave me a diet coke. I didnt take a drink until I already pulled away so it was too late to do anything. That is what I got for trying to cheat!!

I talked with a friend of mine from college last night who is doing weight watchers and doing great. She started at 253 and has lost 12 lbs in a little over a month. I cant wait to see her in April when we go to alumni weekend.

I went to the center and got a box of bars yesterday. I also weighed, but didnt look. I have enough bars/shakes to last thru Saturday so probably wont go back to the center until then. I will update my weight then.

Hey Marcie-
How is that new house???

Last edited by Jibbelle; 12-18-2001 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-19-2001, 05:56 PM   #59  

Hi Everyone:
I made to the center today. Should I mention I went up again.
They have been pretty good at the center. She said try concentrating on staying where I am instead of trying to lose weight. i think they are glad I just showed up. My center is closed on Monday so I asked her about they three times a week weigh in she really did not have an answer. I will probably have to go two days in a row.
My friend has done well with WW also I think she has lost almost forty pound she is like 3 pounds from her goal. What she like about LA is the one on one that we receive. When she is going up they tell her she will do better next time. She wants to know what to do when she is having trouble they tell her to read the books.
I got rid of all my cookies no excuses for tomarrow.
Diane
Thanks for the support both of you. Here is a great big hugg.
I would not have made it this far without you.
Old 12-19-2001, 06:12 PM   #60  

Diane-
Sorry to hear that you are up again. Now that the cookies are gone I bet you will lose. Just get in all those foods and lots of water!

I think this is the first time I have sad down all day. I am so tired. I was going to the center tonight, but I am not going to make it. Maybe tomorrow, but definately on Saturday.
Closed Thread