Old 08-25-2017, 11:42 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Ro22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
I weigh myself tomorrow to get my past month total weight loss. I'm flying home to Chicago now from California so worried that I'll have water retention that will affect my result. I am contemplating waiting until Sunday but we'll see how I feel in the morning. I'm tired and still have 2.5 hours left in my flight.
I'll let you know how much I lost for the month. Today completes 8 weeks. I plan to keep going to achieve same results as originally achieved which should take me into November. For whatever reason, I am not feeling great about my loss so far. It will be interesting to see what scale shows. I would need to lose 12 pounds for the month to be where I was pre-surgery back on April 27.
I am giving some good vibes to you! I bet it will be totally worth it. Have a safe flight home! Cant wait to hear the results.
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:28 AM   #437  

Default Good Weekend!

Hey Rebooting peeps!

This weekend was great, I actually weighed my protein! lol.... I was eyeballing it because I got so use to exact hand size. I am amazed that I did so well, minus less than an ounce.
My mom is 74 and had done this with me several years ago when I first did it, she only put back 12 pounds. So she is just going to follow the phase 3 and 4 protocol. I am sure by just eating that way she will do just fine.

That's where I will be at the beginning of November(phases) I am happy with my weight coming off this time. As I get older I feel its important to watch my body more closely. I notice the aches and pains, and have been paying attention to that, plus the meno stuff and my thyroid levels. Taking DIM, thyroid and many well searched vitamins I am feeling a lot better. Here is to a good week. Drink your water! stay focused. Swim suit season is just about over, now we must fight the fall holiday stuff. We can do this!!!

your fellow-rebooter
Old 09-01-2017, 09:01 AM   #438  

Hello to the long weekend. I am going camping for the weekend with my kids. I have to pack today after work and prepare my meals and my husbands. I am excited to get a way and enjoy the beautiful scenery and weather. I may fish too! see you all next week! Stay strong people!
Old 09-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #439  

Happy Tuesday Morning
Went camping, didnt catch any fish... actually didnt fish. It was so hot. 90 degrees. No trees and a awning that was too small for about 10 people. But I had a blast! we canoed and swam and played with the kids! Ate 90 percent. Back to it yesterday and today full swing. Want to lose 4-6 pounds this month. So that is my mini goal. I am going to try and stay away from the scale til the end of the month! Wish me luck... How did you all do this weekend... see you soon!
Old 09-06-2017, 01:49 AM   #440  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all! Weekend went well (most of it was on shift) and I did get an afternoon off with hubby to go to the beach and then on Monday afternoon when I woke up we went for a little 6 km hike. It was very hot (31C) but a lot of the time we were under the tree canopy along the trail. So here's my Mt. Swanson September Selfie. It was so breezy and peaceful and we were approached by a rather forward little chipmunk who thought we might have a snack for him. FUGGETABOUDIT! I'M NOT SHARING MY PROTEIN BAR!
My weigh in for the first week was today... only lost 1.8 lbs but then again I ate a couple huge plates of Asian food last night for supper - a mix of stirfried shrimp & chicken with green beans in oyster sauce and freshly made to order sushi. I was good and didn't eat as much sushi as I really wanted to but my portion of rice fit my Alternative phase 1 group choice. I just ate too much food overall. And the soysauce bloat, lol.
That's OK because I lost 5". Underbust, waist, belly, hip, thighs. Yaaay! Next week the weight will look better.

Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 011 (450x800).jpg (22.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 001 (450x800).jpg (27.6 KB, 9 views)
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #441  

Default Hi!

Quote:
I weigh myself tomorrow to get my past month total weight loss. I'm flying home to Chicago now from California so worried that I'll have water retention that will affect my result. I am contemplating waiting until Sunday but we'll see how I feel in the morning. I'm tired and still have 2.5 hours left in my flight.
I'll let you know how much I lost for the month. Today completes 8 weeks. I plan to keep going to achieve same results as originally achieved which should take me into November. For whatever reason, I am not feeling great about my loss so far. It will be interesting to see what scale shows. I would need to lose 12 pounds for the month to be where I was pre-surgery back on April 27.
Just checking on you 👧
Old 09-14-2017, 11:37 AM   #442  

Default Good morning!💋

Good morning people,
It's been quite slow on the boards lately. I am hoping that everybody's okay from the storms that are going on the fires and such that are happening all over the United States and places. My prayers go out to you hopefully you all are doing a good job on staying on task miss hearing from you hopefully we'll hear from you all soon I'm hitting some of my goals which I'm very very excited about it's been tough but I'm doing it hope to hear from you soon bye 😎😎😎😎😎
Old 09-15-2017, 10:45 AM   #443  

S/C/G: 285/257/185

Height: 5'11''

I am so glad to be on Ideal Protein! I lost a lot of weight on the HMR diet a few years back but put all of it back on due to stress. I have not found another diet that works for me and I have failed many times to lose the weight back. Enter Ideal Protein, so far I have lost 33 pounds in about 2 months! Keep on it and make sure and track you weigh closely so that you can "reboot" next time with only 10-15 pounds to lose! Losing weight is hard, but maintaining it is 4 times harder. Permanent life changes have to be made and we all have to embrace the fact that we are going to have to each tiny portions (according to American standards) to keep it off. You got this!
Engineer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:07 AM   #444  

Default Engineer42!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer42 View Post
I am so glad to be on Ideal Protein! I lost a lot of weight on the HMR diet a few years back but put all of it back on due to stress. I have not found another diet that works for me and I have failed many times to lose the weight back. Enter Ideal Protein, so far I have lost 33 pounds in about 2 months! Keep on it and make sure and track you weigh closely so that you can "reboot" next time with only 10-15 pounds to lose! Losing weight is hard, but maintaining it is 4 times harder. Permanent life changes have to be made and we all have to embrace the fact that we are going to have to each tiny portions (according to American standards) to keep it off. You got this!
Awesome loss! I am at 35 pounds as of today. I am so excited! I too have done this diet before, I recommend it for serious dieters. So, this time I will phase off correctly. I did not do that the first time I did it and it was dumb of me. I put it back on within 2 years. So here is to the rebooting family... keep going! Hope to here more from you on the loss journey!
Old 10-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #445  

I have been sick this past week! plus TOM goodness sakes! my weight is doing weird stuff this month.... stalllllllll! help. ugh. Have a good weekend
Old 10-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #446  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
Just checking on you 👧
Thanks! Sorry, I missed this. Work has been crazy and so has my diet...
I weighed myself then and only lost 5 pounds for the month when I was expecting to lose around 12. By that afternoon, I said to myself f it and ate more than I should which soon thereafter led me back to old eating habits. Within about 10 days I undid 8 weeks of phase 1. It took me 4 weeks to start again. Today completes Week 3 back on phase 1. I can't screw around anymore if I want to hit my goal for turning 50 next year which is to finally achieve weight maintenance. I will do it but it will mean no yo yo to get there. I am feeling better now.
I had huge drama with my company and I know this past yo yo was a built-up reaction to that which caused the derailment - I have forgiven myself and feeling better and enjoying this journey again. I'm not tracking weight loss - I'm letting my clothes tell me how I am doing. I plan to keep doing phase 1 through the holidays. It is just too hard and punitive with the start/stops and just not worth it. I don't have a particular goal weight - just going to listen to my body and when I get plenty of signals that I've had enough I will transition to keto for maintenance. It could be 3 months of phase 1 or 5 months - we'll see. For now I am working on completing month 1.
I did get a convenience that is helping me. My old coach started his own clinic and can now ship products. This is so convenient for me. It took just a day for me to get it - can't beat that and I don't have to worry about finding time for a 2-2.5 hour roundtrip to pick-up products.

I hope you are going strong and getting the results!
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:49 AM   #447  

Default Hey!

Quote:
Thanks! Sorry, I missed this. Work has been crazy and so has my diet...
I weighed myself then and only lost 5 pounds for the month when I was expecting to lose around 12. By that afternoon, I said to myself f it and ate more than I should which soon thereafter led me back to old eating habits. Within about 10 days I undid 8 weeks of phase 1. It took me 4 weeks to start again. Today completes Week 3 back on phase 1. I can't screw around anymore if I want to hit my goal for turning 50 next year which is to finally achieve weight maintenance. I will do it but it will mean no yo yo to get there. I am feeling better now.
I had huge drama with my company and I know this past yo yo was a built-up reaction to that which caused the derailment - I have forgiven myself and feeling better and enjoying this journey again. I'm not tracking weight loss - I'm letting my clothes tell me how I am doing. I plan to keep doing phase 1 through the holidays. It is just too hard and punitive with the start/stops and just not worth it. I don't have a particular goal weight - just going to listen to my body and when I get plenty of signals that I've had enough I will transition to keto for maintenance. It could be 3 months of phase 1 or 5 months - we'll see. For now I am working on completing month 1.
I did get a convenience that is helping me. My old coach started his own clinic and can now ship products. This is so convenient for me. It took just a day for me to get it - can't beat that and I don't have to worry about finding time for a 2-2.5 hour roundtrip to pick-up products.

I hope you are going strong and getting the results!
I think we all go through those moments of derailing. I had gone to a wedding a couple Saturdays ago and had a cupcake. It took a week for me to get back to losing. However, I have been eating more protein than I should at night when I get home so its slowed the process down big time. I have to many snacks available and think I need to get rid of them. So... I probably will phase off after Thanksgiving since I haven't hit the goal I am aiming for. I am going to keep going until I hit at least 90 percent of my goal. Hang in there and dont give up. When I phase off it will probably lead me to either whole 30 or the Keto... not sure which one, I am going to read both and compare. I have done the whole 30 before and like the food... but.... anyway hang in there!!! Talk soon and keep going!
Old 10-16-2017, 11:07 PM   #448  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
I think we all go through those moments of derailing. I had gone to a wedding a couple Saturdays ago and had a cupcake. It took a week for me to get back to losing. However, I have been eating more protein than I should at night when I get home so its slowed the process down big time. I have to many snacks available and think I need to get rid of them. So... I probably will phase off after Thanksgiving since I haven't hit the goal I am aiming for. I am going to keep going until I hit at least 90 percent of my goal. Hang in there and dont give up. When I phase off it will probably lead me to either whole 30 or the Keto... not sure which one, I am going to read both and compare. I have done the whole 30 before and like the food... but.... anyway hang in there!!! Talk soon and keep going!
Thanks, I am. As I mentioned I don't have a choice if I want to hit my goal for my 50th - I will do it! The good news is I am in week 4 and feeling great - I also feel like I am losing quickly. I'll weigh at 8 weeks and decide how to handle Thanksgiving. I ordered keto items if I choose to partake a little more than IP. I did that last year for Thanksgiving and Christmas and it worked great. I am in control again and feel at peace that I will get to a maintainable weight.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 02:46 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 232/177/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Going to give it 30 days

I lost 70 lbs on IP five years ago, and have gained it all back. I had a massive ovarian tumor (size of a soccer ball, blessed that it turned out benign) with full hysterectomy in 2015. My oncologist said the high soy consumption from IP contributed to the tumor and told me absolutely no processed soy, ever. Since then I’ve tried low carb, Keto, intermittent fasting, OMAD, Wheat Belly, and more. NOTHING has moved the scale more than 2 lbs. So, I’m going to try IP again, with soy-free alternatives, if I can find them, for 30 days to see if my body will respond. Or, try to approximate the IP macros using whole foods. I’ve asked to join the Facebook alternatives group. I’m wondering if you all have heard of any other women with health issues related to soy consumption.

Thanks,
Kim

Last edited by petchef; 10-28-2017 at 02:47 PM.
petchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:03 PM   #450  

This is my third time doing the diet. Yeah... three times a charm they say right? LOL This is the only diet that works for me. Believe it or not, I am a health coach and have tried EVERYTHING I learned and researched and read and to no avail. I couldn't lose the weight. This diet just works and makes me shrink like crazy. The logic that it resets your metabolism must be true because I usually can keep the weight off IF I follow my Keto Diet plan to maintain. I did go astray those three times when I put the weight back on because I didn't follow what I knew was right... personal problems drove me to eat all the comfort foods. Anyway.... having said that, I know some people have mentioned about the soy being a problem and it is true, it's not the healthiest ingredient and if people are sensitive to it due to cancer or hormones, etc... it's best to ask your doctor before starting on the IP Diet. I am also not a fan of the Sucralose in it as well but for me, I know it's just temporary and will go back to avoiding soy isolates and using Stevia instead of Sucrolose again when I reach my goal.
fitforlifeinthenw is offline   Reply With Quote