Old 07-30-2017, 09:25 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hi Rebooters! How is everyone managing the weekend? Things are going well for me. I weighed in this morning at 134.2, which is the lowest that I have been in a really long time. I think my weight was right around 134 when I decided to start phasing off my very first time on IP back in 2011. With that, I am officially transitioning off of my reboot. 3 solid weeks on P1 and I am down 6.2#. I do the plan like Ro- green veggies, no fiddling around with packets- just straight up and only occasional restricted items. This seems to be the formula that works best for my body and provides me maximum losses.

I feel so much better now, being back in my comfort zone and having a little wiggle room in my clothes. That is really what is most important to me. I am doing 1 more week of low carb to stay in ketosis, but am just going to transition to all meals with real protein. The only time I will take a shake will be post workout. After all these years, I get pretty burnt out on the packets fairly quick. Especially when I am rebooting. I did all my food prep- lots of chicken and veggies on the menu for next week.

Ro- glad to see you back and glad your shoulder is back in action. You'll crush this reboot! You always do and you know exactly what to do

Stay strong through the weekend everyone!
Way to go jennydoodle!

Just wondering what your net carb intake is when you do your reboot? What are your favorite packets that you take?

When you say you will do one more week of low carb...with the packets?

I am trying to figure things out for myself so that I don't derail...sometimes I wonder if I am not getting enough and then go nuts for junk...I always regret it and feel like ...'kitten'...lol

Congrats again...one day at a time...skinny jeans hear I come!
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:08 AM   #407  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Thanks! Well, I say "packets" but I do alternatives with Quest products, so they really aren't packets, per say. My typical reboot day looks something like:

6:00am- 2 HB egg whites (pre workout)
7:30am- (1) scoop Quest protein powder / shake (post workout)
10:00am- Breakfast (1) scoop Quest. Either as a shake or baked into little "cookies"
1:00pm- Lunch. 4oz chicken with large salad and dressing made with EVOO
4:00pm- (1) bag Quest protein chips
7:00pm- Dinner. (1) scoop Quest. Either as shake or baked into the little cookies + large salad with dressing made with EVOO

My total carbs are around 40g and my net is around 25g.

So this week, I am doing all real foods. So instead of Quest protein powder at breakfast, I will actually do eggs with veggies. And same with dinner. I'll actually do chicken or turkey instead of having protein powder. This will help me transition into the following week when I start to bring carbs back in. The only time I will use protein powder will be after my workout and the Quest chips. I absolutely love those things! I eat one every single day Even on maintenance. And I always do a protein shake after my workout, have been for many years.

Does that help? It works for me and the way I transition to maintenance works for me also. I know it is not the "IP method", so I don't want to discourage anyone. I think the most important part of maintenance is to find what works for you. I wasn't able to make the IP maintenance plan work for me, so I figured out what did.

I get what you are saying about not getting enough. I actually take in a bit more protein than IP outlines, and I tend to get really hungry, even in ketosis. When I fully rebooted back in 2015, I did the packets the whole time. But now when I am trying to just get 5-10# off, I can really only do the "packets" for a few weeks before I just can't take it anymore. That is probably just the difference between needing to lose a lot and a little.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:38 AM   #408  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Quest?

Quote:
Thanks! Well, I say "packets" but I do alternatives with Quest products, so they really aren't packets, per say. My typical reboot day looks something like:

10:00am- Breakfast (1) scoop Quest. Either as a shake or baked into little "cookies"
7:00pm- Dinner. (1) scoop Quest. Either as shake or baked into the little cookies + large salad with dressing made with EVOO

So this week, I am doing all real foods. So instead of Quest protein powder at breakfast, I will actually do eggs with veggies. And same with dinner. I'll actually do chicken or turkey instead of having protein powder. This will help me transition into the following week when I start to bring carbs back in. The only time I will use protein powder will be after my workout and the Quest chips. I absolutely love those things! I eat one every single day Even on maintenance. And I always do a protein shake after my workout, have been for many years.

Does that help? It works for me and the way I transition to maintenance works for me also. I know it is not the "IP method", so I don't want to discourage anyone. I think the most important part of maintenance is to find what works for you. I wasn't able to make the IP maintenance plan work for me, so I figured out what did.

I get what you are saying about not getting enough. I actually take in a bit more protein than IP outlines, and I tend to get really hungry, even in ketosis. When I fully rebooted back in 2015, I did the packets the whole time. But now when I am trying to just get 5-10# off, I can really only do the "packets" for a few weeks before I just can't take it anymore. That is probably just the difference between needing to lose a lot and a little.
Do you order the Quest through Nushra?
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #409  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
Do you order the Quest through Nushra?
No. I get it either on Amazon or Vitamin Shoppe. Also available at GNC.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:25 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:

Thanks for taking the time to write this information. It is great and it will help me. I love your schedule...it is a great guide. I will start working out again in the morning with Jillian Micheals (I love her workouts...)...now I have been walking about an hour a day to get back into it...

I do love my peanut butter Quest...yummy!

Why is it that you only eat 4oz of meat and not 8oz?
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:12 AM   #411  

I only do the 4oz. because I already take in the extra egg whites and the extra post workout shake. I am already over the IP guidelines, so I limit my meat portion to 4 oz, which is roughly 25g. Plus, the Quest products are a little higher in protein than IP.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #412  

Default Weekend!💋

Hello fellow rebooters!❤

So I got to share and I figured you guys were the best people I could share this with, I have been struggling with sadness and depression for the last couple weeks just been hitting me really hard I know I'm going through the big "M" but I just don't know what else to do about it I am a spiritual person so I have to pray and fight and work on the issues that arise but I am just struggling I have not gone off plan but I'm eating more protein than I should more salt and then couple days ago I took a big bite of jelly from the refrigerator all right I admit it, I felt like cheating big time in the last couple of days. I felt like what am I doing this for who am I doing this for. So I figured the menopause is probably my biggest struggle and been taking everything and anything imaginable to help fight the sadness depression crying everything and massive hot flashes you name it anyway anybody got any advice for menopause.. that may have helped you?
Sincerely, iper that wants to eat all the cake!
Old 08-05-2017, 03:03 AM   #413  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Sorry to hear that, Skinnygirl. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you in direct correlation to what you asked. I am going through peri menopause so I don't yet have those symptoms you have. All I can say is that doing healthy things for myself make me feel good. And, this program in particular is helpful because endorphins are released and I have more energy than I know what to do with. Just 5 weeks ago I was feeling blue because of the weight I had gained and in just a few days of starting back I got rid of the bloated, sluggish feeling and felt better and even better now. And, I am going strong - I am going through major conflict in my professional life and following this protocol is helping me stay grounded and deal with that.
I hope you find peace soon!
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:40 AM   #414  

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Sorry to hear that, Skinnygirl. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you in direct correlation to what you asked. I am going through peri menopause so I don't yet have those symptoms you have. All I can say is that doing healthy things for myself make me feel good. And, this program in particular is helpful because endorphins are released and I have more energy than I know what to do with. Just 5 weeks ago I was feeling blue because of the weight I had gained and in just a few days of starting back I got rid of the bloated, sluggish feeling and felt better and even better now. And, I am going strong - I am going through major conflict in my professional life and following this protocol is helping me stay grounded and deal with that.
I hope you find peace soon!
Thanks, I dont like the whole menopausal thing at all! I have a few life change as well that is going on too that probably adds to it all. Nothing too serious but gosh darn life changes. Thanks for letting me vent. I am happy with my weight loss and will continue to get to my goal. I just need to find a solution to my hot flashes and being sad lately. Hugs
Old 08-11-2017, 09:09 AM   #415  

Default Hello Weekend!

Hey Good-morning Rebooter peeps!

Be strong this weekend, drink lots of water! I have been taking calcium/magnesium at night before bed and boy does it do wonders. Helps with sleep and that extra help for being stopped up! I know kinda personal, but what a great relief. Anyhoo! See you on the boards
Old 08-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #416  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

That's great, Skinny.

I really look forward to the chocolate chew for cal-mag-zinc-Vutamin D. It is a nice little treat twice a day. Very different from those giant horse pills!

Today completes 6 weeks for me. I'm going strong. Two more weeks completes my initial goal of 8 weeks which will get me to pre-surgery weight. I will weigh then too to make note of what I will have lost over the month. It will be nice to see a month's loss.

But, the real interesting part will come after 8 weeks as I will enter weights I haven't seen since doing IP the first time 3 years ago. That is very appealing to me right now - not sure why now vs over course of prior 3 years. I know it is related to doubts in my mind about the safety of this program for months but that doubt has left me. But, I should get blood work done soon to see how I'm doing to ensure I don't miss anything brewing like I did the first time doing this.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:49 PM   #417  

Default Rooting for you Ro22!

Quote:
That's great, Skinny.

I really look forward to the chocolate chew for cal-mag-zinc-Vutamin D. It is a nice little treat twice a day. Very different from those giant horse pills!

Today completes 6 weeks for me. I'm going strong. Two more weeks completes my initial goal of 8 weeks which will get me to pre-surgery weight. I will weigh then too to make note of what I will have lost over the month. It will be nice to see a month's loss.

But, the real interesting part will come after 8 weeks as I will enter weights I haven't seen since doing IP the first time 3 years ago. That is very appealing to me right now - not sure why now vs over course of prior 3 years. I know it is related to doubts in my mind about the safety of this program for months but that doubt has left me. But, I should get blood work done soon to see how I'm doing to ensure I don't miss anything brewing like I did the first time doing this.
So you haven't weighed for month? That would be nice, but I am an everyday weigher!lol I am a lot stronger this time way more that the first time I did on IP. I will phase of properly and really focus on my eating habits.
I am excited to see what the next couple months will bring! Stay Strong
Old 08-11-2017, 09:12 PM   #418  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
So you haven't weighed for month? That would be nice, but I am an everyday weigher!lol I am a lot stronger this time way more that the first time I did on IP. I will phase of properly and really focus on my eating habits.
I am excited to see what the next couple months will bring! Stay Strong
Right now I haven't weighed for 2 weeks and won't for another 2. I like to see big losses and not have my head messed with by water weight fluctuations, etc.
I would go to coach and weigh every 4 weeks when I originally did this and I am repeating that pattern and comparing results. This month 3 years ago I lost 12 pounds so I am expecting in 2 weeks' time, that is what I'll find I lost. I look forward to Aug 26 and in the meantime it keeps me on protocol in anticipation of that weigh-in.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:22 PM   #419  

Default Me too, sometimes!

Quote:
Right now I haven't weighed for 2 weeks and won't for another 2. I like to see big losses and not have my head messed with by water weight fluctuations, etc.
I would go to coach and weigh every 4 weeks when I originally did this and I am repeating that pattern and comparing results. This month 3 years ago I lost 12 pounds so I am expecting in 2 weeks' time, that is what I'll find I lost. I look forward to Aug 26 and in the meantime it keeps me on protocol in anticipation of that weigh-in.
During TOM, even though I don't have it, I still have symptoms, I won't weigh for that week. I wish I could go without weighing for month! Well, here is to this next week! That we make good choices and drink lots of water. I have a goal pair of pants, I tried them on a couple days ago, they are tight but I got them on! so I will try again at the beginning of September. Minnie goal pants! wooohooo. Good vibes for this week!
Old 08-15-2017, 09:29 AM   #420  

Default Small Victory!

Finally made it past the 160s! Took a long time! I know that I have wanted to eat that piece of cake many times, but what is getting me through is seeing that my clothes are fitting better. My body is different this time loosing weight,from gaining and losing many times my skin is different. So off to the gym I go. I have been walking this past 4 months diligently, now its time for some fun stuff like Zumba and weights. I have only done one 5k this year and will look into some fall running. soooo.... keep up the good work, it will pay off. I have a little ways to go for my goal, which this time around I am praying I will make it. Here's to a great Tuesday. muah!