Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 10:51 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Aunt Sheshie: Capris, lol. Mine are put away now...
The concern I am working with is making sure my long johns fit under my patrol pants, winter is coming
For a bit there, they were a little squeezy on my middle, now I'm pretty sure the underlayer will fit fine.

Hi goldilocksinct, I think I remember you.... good on you for getting back to it.

Alitx05, it's possible that the 1 lb of muscle you lost wasn't muscle, as that measures only lean mass (EVERYTHING that isn't fat). It is normal to lose connective tissue such as skin etc when we lose fat and inches, otherwise, think about what we would look like. You take up less space so your skin gets rid of excess too. It's called autophagy. You can google it for published scientific studies. Congrats.

Liana
Old 10-17-2016, 07:56 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 200/172/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alitx05 View Post
I'm at 25% body fat so getting closer to my goal - 20% body fat. Just curious what body fat % others have used for their goal. I definitely am WAY healthier and looking trimmer but still have a belly and a good amount of fat on my thighs so thinking I do want to get to 20 % BF but I am so ready for normal food again! This diet works - I have only lost 1 pound of muscle but 24 pounds of fat - but it is hard!

Thanks,
Ali
Hi Alitx05,
My goal is 25% BMI which will put me at 160lbs (I'm 5'7") and I think I would be content with that. However, I would love to weigh 140lbs which is still a healthy weight for my height and that will put me 21% BMI.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:25 PM   #453  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyx View Post
Hi. This is my first time joining a forum for weight loss support, so bare with me please

I'm 32 yrs old/ 5'7''/ mommy of 2 (5&4yr old). I first started IP Las February lost 32lbs in 3 months. We joined as a family challenge my husband and his parents joined IP as well. We all did good up until our little vacation in May. We ate regular food during the vacation and never came back to the IP program. I think NOT phasing out correctly was our worst mistake.

In July I tried to go back on the diet but only lasted 2weeks. So here I am today trying this for the third time. I have gained 11lbs back since May and I don't want to wake up one day weighing 200lbs again. So I started the program last Monday and is been hard, the cravings are so much worse than I remember. Tomorrow is my weigh in day... WISH ME LUCK!��
How did the weigh in go?

Congrats on starting again!
Old 10-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #454  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alitx05 View Post
I'm at 25% body fat so getting closer to my goal - 20% body fat. Just curious what body fat % others have used for their goal. I definitely am WAY healthier and looking trimmer but still have a belly and a good amount of fat on my thighs so thinking I do want to get to 20 % BF but I am so ready for normal food again! This diet works - I have only lost 1 pound of muscle but 24 pounds of fat - but it is hard!

Thanks,
Ali
I haven't used BF % as a goal. I have gone more by how I feel and my weight when I was at different times in my life. I am not using a coach and home scales are so inaccurate when it comes to this. I bought the device my coach used to test myself but it stopped working so I have stopped tracking this and am going by the above along with size as I am not measuring inches lost either.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Onyx and welcome! Here's some great info on the difference between body fat % and Body Mass Index:
although the site looks kinda cheesy he is a real doctor studying obesity and metabolic syndrome.
http://halls.md/body-fat-percentage-formula/

Liana
Old 10-17-2016, 09:50 PM   #456  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
How did the weigh in go?

Congrats on starting again!

I missed my weigh in on Saturday, so I went in today and had amazing results. Did not know I had so much extra water weight

Oct 10 ... 179.8 lbs
Oct 17 ... 172.8 lbs (lost 7 pounds- fyi I get a print out of my body composition and 6 of those pounds I lost were water weight )
Old 10-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #457  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi Onyx and welcome! Here's some great info on the difference between body fat % and Body Mass Index:
although the site looks kinda cheesy he is a real doctor studying obesity and metabolic syndrome.
http://halls.md/body-fat-percentage-formula/

Liana

Thank you canadjineh... I got confused, I'm looking at my body composition print-out and it says that my current BMI is 28.2 but my fat% is at 36.8 (holly cow)

Last edited by 0nyx; 10-18-2016 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:59 AM   #458  
Reboot on 8/29/16

S/C/G: 278/265/180

Sorry for the long absence everyone! First I was sick, then there were weekends. It's just been a tough three weeks!

Hi canadjineh - Thank you for the encouragement and guidance. I am really excited about our trip. It keeps me busy researching during my days off. I love the whole process - figuring out if we need new clothes/shoes/accessories/travel stuff. It’s a great distraction when I start to think about boredom snacking.

AuntSheshie - I get really bored with the veggies too. I used to have a salad every day with the same veggies - spinach, red BP, cucumber, celery, sometimes red onion. First I changed my dressing and added a few restricteds like hearts of palm. Now its getting old again and I find myself doing research on how to get the veggies in without force feeding myself the salads. This week I’m trying the vegetable purees. It takes more prep work, but I think this might help me along.

Great job Onyx! Keep up the good work!

I've discovered a few things that may help me tremendously this time around - the chocolate chip pancakes (wow), the vanilla drink/espresso option (way too convenient) and ProtiDiet caramel snack bars. The latter are incredibly tasty, and they don't cost an arm and a leg like IP. They were a great find!

I would really like to lose a few inches before my trip this Thanksgiving. And I desperately need to get back in shape. It's going to be quite interesting for the next month...
Old 10-18-2016, 10:55 AM   #459  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello everyone,

I was a very active member on almost all the forums in here back in 2011; back then, it was my first go on IP and I lost 50 pounds, unfortunately, since then, for very personal reasons, I gained back all the weight plus 20+ more. I did try to re-start much more than once with the definition of the word Failure! I am writing today to share my experience on how I eased myself back to IP this time. So... I reached a weight of 275.6 for my 5.6 frame, I felt like a whale and I was failing big time to get rid of this weight. I went on vacation after being away from my country of origin for more than 11 years and unfortunately, I was not feeling good in my skin, I felt huge, but still, I couldn't diet while on vacation. Long story short, once the vacation was over and I came back to Canada, this time, living alone, I knew that this is the time for no excuses, this is it for me, now is the time and this time I will go through it. For many rebooters who failed, this is my story, I am not advising anyone to do what I did, I am only telling my story and this is what worked for me: I did not go 100% OP since week one, instead, I started trying to be as close as I could to sticking to IP, but I tried to stay low carb as much as possible, that meant at time ''cheating" with some cheese and eating nuts, this helped me ease into the plan, and here I am I started on October 2, 2016 and we're only October 18 today and now I am 100% OP. I already lost 16 pounds, I know I have a long way to go and I wouldn't even start to feel good about myself before being less than 240, but it's a great beginning and I really wanted to share to tell all the re-booters who are having it tough that it is doable.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:11 PM   #460  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee101 View Post
I've discovered a few things that may help me tremendously this time around - the chocolate chip pancakes (wow), the vanilla drink/espresso option (way too convenient) and ProtiDiet caramel snack bars. The latter are incredibly tasty, and they don't cost an arm and a leg like IP. They were a great find!
Hi saralee101, I apologize in advance for the million questions... lol
What are these products? they sound delicious!!!
where can I find them?
how do can I be sure that they are ok to eat on phase1? I'm afraid to get kicked out of ketosis

Old 10-18-2016, 06:44 PM   #461  
Becky264

S/C/G: 210/177/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Serious!!!

Hubby and I committed ourselves again and are doing good. I find if I can keep myself busy in the evenings - it is much better. Cleaned out a junk drawer last night -- long overdue!!

Hard moving around to keep busy though. One bad knee is bone on bone - having had two meniscus surgeries on that. Then three weeks ago I turned wrong, popped my ACL and now it feels like torn meniscus -- in my good knee!!! It's the pits getting older.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:36 AM   #462  

UGH! I'm so disappointed on myself, I can't seem to stick to the protocol 100%. Last week I did it a good 95% (with a few minor cheats) so I ended up loosing just 1lb. I have nobody else to blame but me. I just wish I could get my head in the game and quit cheating.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #463  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Sorry to hear that Onyx. As you know, cheating on this protocol is worse than others. I always think that a few minutes (or even seconds) of cheating is going to screw up 7 days of work and that is usually enough for me not to cheat. When I wake the next day after temptation, I feel SO good that I didn't cave as I know I would wake with guilt.

I am super happy - I lost 6.3 pounds last week! I have 20 to go!
The cool thing about this is that this is modeling the behavior exactly to the first time I did IP and had my biggest monthly drops in this month and next. If that is the case then I will be at goal in less time than I thought!
Old 10-24-2016, 09:51 AM   #464  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

Onyx, I know there's a thread about Alternatives on IP. This time around I'm using 90% alternatives that I buy from Nashua Nutrition online. They're a great company and have some very comparable products to IP. You just need to check the stats on the products that you want to use. Some are exactly the same as IP (The RTD chocolate drinks are identical; I have one every morning). But some are not.

I'm down another pound. I seem to be losing one pound a week. It's much slower than the first time, but I'm really ok with that as long as I'm going down. I feel good on this diet and don't miss too much of the carbs and sugars. Dairy- a little. My clothes are getting looser and I'm into some of the "on the way" clothes and out of the very bigger ones. I'll be able to wear some of the "on the way' clothes that I like a lot in a one or two weeks, so that's a big improvement!

It's finally fall here in Louisiana!

Have a great week, everyone!

Joysh
Old 10-25-2016, 07:02 AM   #465  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Sorry to hear that Onyx. As you know, cheating on this protocol is worse than others. I always think that a few minutes (or even seconds) of cheating is going to screw up 7 days of work and that is usually enough for me not to cheat. When I wake the next day after temptation, I feel SO good that I didn't cave as I know I would wake with guilt.

I am super happy - I lost 6.3 pounds last week! I have 20 to go!
The cool thing about this is that this is modeling the behavior exactly to the first time I did IP and had my biggest monthly drops in this month and next. If that is the case then I will be at goal in less time than I thought!
Ro22 that is actually might help me, and I cannot agree more. I will keep that in mind next time the BREAD MONSTER wants to get a hold of me. And CONGRATS on losing another 6.3 pounds... that's amazing!!!

joysh- Thank you for your reply, just yesterday I stumble into those threads and I couldn't be more happy to see all the alternatives that Nashua Nutrition offers that fits in within the IP protocol.
Closed Thread