Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 03:55 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Hi rebooters! I am also trying a reboot before things get out of control for the holidays. I was doing great until late August, was at 135, then we went on vacation and I haven't been able to get my act together since. As of Sat, I was at 146.6. Which is not terrible, but high enough that I need to get things under control. I don't want to go into Jan. at 150.

I am on day 3, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't struggling. AND to top it off, I haven't even been 100% strict P1. I have been about 90%. Today will be my 3rd day with carbs at 50g (before fiber deduction), so at least there is that. But I am having the HARDEST time being full on P1. I was talking with Avalon in a separate conversation, and I was saying that I think I need to be in a total place of frustration in order for me to be absolutely diligent. But thankfully, I have been frustrated enough that I haven't "thrown in the towel" and I have been making myself stick to this slightly modified P1.

Anyway, thought I would check in here because you ladies always seem to motivate me. I know Thanksgiving is just a few days away, but I plan to stay on as close to P1 as possible until then. We are having company for a few days, so it is going to be a challenge, but I am going to try like "you know what" to stick with it as best I can. Once my family leaves, I should have a fairly decent stretch between TGiving and Xmas where I can do P1.

Until then, I am going to keep plugging along as best I can. Thankfully my clothes are fitting ok, which is good. I am definitely fluffier and more bloated and my measurements are definitely up, but not too terribly where I don't fit my clothes anymore. I just need to get back to where they were fitting great.

Good vibes to everyone!
Old 11-21-2016, 08:58 PM   #497  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hi rebooters! I am also trying a reboot before things get out of control for the holidays. I was doing great until late August, was at 135, then we went on vacation and I haven't been able to get my act together since. As of Sat, I was at 146.6. Which is not terrible, but high enough that I need to get things under control. I don't want to go into Jan. at 150.

I am on day 3, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't struggling. AND to top it off, I haven't even been 100% strict P1. I have been about 90%. Today will be my 3rd day with carbs at 50g (before fiber deduction), so at least there is that. But I am having the HARDEST time being full on P1. I was talking with Avalon in a separate conversation, and I was saying that I think I need to be in a total place of frustration in order for me to be absolutely diligent. But thankfully, I have been frustrated enough that I haven't "thrown in the towel" and I have been making myself stick to this slightly modified P1.

Anyway, thought I would check in here because you ladies always seem to motivate me. I know Thanksgiving is just a few days away, but I plan to stay on as close to P1 as possible until then. We are having company for a few days, so it is going to be a challenge, but I am going to try like "you know what" to stick with it as best I can. Once my family leaves, I should have a fairly decent stretch between TGiving and Xmas where I can do P1.

Until then, I am going to keep plugging along as best I can. Thankfully my clothes are fitting ok, which is good. I am definitely fluffier and more bloated and my measurements are definitely up, but not too terribly where I don't fit my clothes anymore. I just need to get back to where they were fitting great.

Good vibes to everyone!
Hey Girl! Good to hear from you! Sounds like a good plan. Are you doing alternatives or IP packets?
Old 11-22-2016, 02:15 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Jenny!! welcome back, hang on... it seems to take us all a while to tweak the bit of uppage after a long spell of maintenance.
Liana
Old 11-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #499  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

Just checking in. I'm still here and still going strong. Here come the Holidays and it's harder to stay OP with all that visiting and partying.

I'm committed to staying OP through Thanksgiving. I'm down 25 pounds since I began this reboot mid-August, so that's a really good thing. I'm going to stay OP until Christmas. Then I might take a week or so off during my Christmas travels, but I'll keep things in check. Maybe I'll phase to P2 and then P3, so it's not a jolt to my system. Then I'll continue back on P1 until I'm down a bit past my stated goal. I'm still very determined to get into my lovely smaller (smallest?) clothes by February and then maintain.

This is a long commitment. I'm feeling good and not deprived at all.

Hi to all of you! Welcome back Jenny!

Have a lovely Thanksgiving, to those who celebrate.

I remember my first go-round on IP 2012-2013. I stayed 100% right through every holiday, every birthday, every trip. This was with all IP products. Now, some years later, I use alternatives and I'm a bit looser with my "restricted" snacks. I usually have a Quest bar for a snack. But this is something I can live with and I'm fine. The loss is slower, but continues to go down.

Happy Day to you all!

Last edited by joysh; 11-22-2016 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:54 PM   #500  
Mrinalini

Has anyone experienced slow weight loss after getting restricted foods?

I'm scared the extra carbs will have a bad effect on me.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:05 PM   #501  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinaliniv92 View Post
Has anyone experienced slow weight loss after getting restricted foods?

I'm scared the extra carbs will have a bad effect on me.
I have never used restricted items while doing IP because I thought I would get better/faster results.
However, I can tell you that when I go lower carb, I go much deeper into ketosis as measured by blood ketones and that has not translated into more weight/inches lost so I would assume the inverse is true. But because all of us are different, I would say try it and if you notice a couple of weeks of slower progress, then cut it out and see what happens.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:41 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Hi All! Back again and 10 lbs heavier than my first starting weight.

I am tracking my macros this time around- does a goal of Carbs- 15%, Fat-55%, Protein 30% sound like a close estimation of the program?
Old 11-30-2016, 08:44 PM   #503  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Hi All! Back again and 10 lbs heavier than my first starting weight.

I am tracking my macros this time around- does a goal of Carbs- 15%, Fat-55%, Protein 30% sound like a close estimation of the program?
Below are the exact ones taken from IP FAQ for Coaches...

Ideal Protein Macronutrients
Calorie Target 700-800
Protein 100g 400 cal 54% 3 envelopes plus whole protein
Fat 10g 90 cal 30% 2 tsps olive oil
Fat 15g 135 cal Fish Oil & Whole Protein Fat
Carbs 30g 120 cal 16% Veggies, Lettuce, Ideal Foods
Total 745 cal 100%
Old 12-01-2016, 05:57 PM   #504  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Thank you!!
Old 12-02-2016, 09:30 PM   #505  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Thank you!!
You are welcome. In a nutshell, you had to flip your Protein and Fat %'s as your additional fat comes from what your body breaks down as it uses that for energy too. So, although this appears to be a low cal, low fat and moderate protein diet, IP considers it high fat because of how much your body breaks down vs how much you ingest.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:36 PM   #506  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Just a quick observation...I track my macros as well and I recently noticed that the egg replacement instead of meat leaves you about 25 grams short of protein than if you ate meat as your dinner protein. I know that is still in the target protein range so not a big deal, but for me, I have found that I get the best weight loss results when I am at 100 grams of protein following IP so I add an extra protein serving to compensate when I have eggs as my dinner protein. For example, I made Quest pudding as a dessert using a scoop of powder and 2 ounces of water in addition to my 3 packets that I had for breakfast, lunch and mid-day snack.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #507  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

so good to see familiar faces from 2011 and on !
Old 12-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #508  

so back in 2010-2011 I had an amazing weight loss with IP that I have never had in my life before! Went into this vowing to NEVER EVER purchase any product " because I know it will not work for me, cause nothing ever worked for me". WELL, six months into the plan and almost 60 lbs down, I was in shock and elated and for the first time in my life, if I was walking TOWARDS a mirrored wall downtown or where ever, I did NOT feel I had to look away! This was such a weird feeling, to instead look head on, and like what I was seeing!! the svelte person that stood before me! OMG! it was the best feeling I had ever experienced! Now, many years later, 20+ lbs have creeped up, but I have decided that now is the time ( yes right before the holidays) to reboot. I will try my best, read and re read all the advice on this forum and work hard. The plan works! Stick with it
Old 12-06-2016, 04:54 PM   #509  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
so back in 2010-2011 I had an amazing weight loss with IP that I have never had in my life before! Went into this vowing to NEVER EVER purchase any product " because I know it will not work for me, cause nothing ever worked for me". WELL, six months into the plan and almost 60 lbs down, I was in shock and elated and for the first time in my life, if I was walking TOWARDS a mirrored wall downtown or where ever, I did NOT feel I had to look away! This was such a weird feeling, to instead look head on, and like what I was seeing!! the svelte person that stood before me! OMG! it was the best feeling I had ever experienced! Now, many years later, 20+ lbs have creeped up, but I have decided that now is the time ( yes right before the holidays) to reboot. I will try my best, read and re read all the advice on this forum and work hard. The plan works! Stick with it
The board is pretty quiet these days from when you were on before, but we still try and support each other as much as possible.
I just wanted you to know so don't get discouraged by the lack of activity around here. Sounds like you have a great attitude so I'm sure you'll have it off in no time. Congrats on committing now.
And, I know the feeling...for me, I didn't recognize myself as the image looking back at me was much smaller than I had in my head. The loss of inches is really noticeable - more than any program I have done.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:59 AM   #510  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
The board is pretty quiet these days from when you were on before, but we still try and support each other as much as possible.
I just wanted you to know so don't get discouraged by the lack of activity around here. Sounds like you have a great attitude so I'm sure you'll have it off in no time. Congrats on committing now.
And, I know the feeling...for me, I didn't recognize myself as the image looking back at me was much smaller than I had in my head. The loss of inches is really noticeable - more than any program I have done.
thank you for that! well just watch how busy the boards get in the NEW YEAR haha! so how long have you been on plan?
Closed Thread