Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 01:54 PM   #376  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome to all you new folks! I want to echo what oneuh2 said above: follow the program 100%, and you WILL lose weight. The science behind the diet is pretty solid. By cutting down dietary carbs and fat, your body is forced to burn body fat for energy. So when you cheat by eating carbs or fat, you are taking away that fat-burning benefit of the protocol.

And the closer you follow protocol, the sooner you'll be DONE!
Old 02-09-2016, 03:03 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 167.5/163.1/120

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole012673 View Post
Introducing myself - I am starting IP on Friday through my chiropractor's office. I was supposed to start on Monday but I came down with a migraine on Saturday and I am just feeling better today. I am nervous and excited and truly hope this is my last diet!!
I've been on just a week and a half - and I'm finding it easy to follow, and (luckily) haven't struggled with cravings.

I did have some birthday cake last Saturday that slowed my progress - BUT - I am down 4 lbs in a week and a half.

While it may seem really hard to stick to at first, and restrictive - stay on track. When you see the results you'll be so glad you did.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:09 AM   #378  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Hi all you IP folk!

I started IP on Saturday. I just completed day 4 today. I am wondering … those who have been on this plan for a while (oneuh2 and others) … have you ever NOT been able to eat all your veggies? If so… what are some things you did to overcome this? I want to follow this plan 100% but I was unable to get all my veggies in today… just too full and not hungry. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:42 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedWarrior View Post
Hi all you IP folk!

I started IP on Saturday. I just completed day 4 today. I am wondering … those who have been on this plan for a while (oneuh2 and others) … have you ever NOT been able to eat all your veggies? If so… what are some things you did to overcome this? I want to follow this plan 100% but I was unable to get all my veggies in today… just too full and not hungry. Thanks for any help.
I wish I had that problem, I have never been too full to finish my food

Just making sure...you know the veggies are measured raw, by volume, right?

They pretty much all reduce in size once cooked so if you're really full, spinach will cook down to just a couple bites. Otherwise you can rice cauliflower, stew rhubarb, put shredded zucchini into a mug cake, etc.

There are ways to work it so you will be able to stay on plan!
Old 02-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedWarrior View Post
Hi all you IP folk!

A lot of people have a spinach smoothie in the morning (one IP packet, choc drink is good, but any will do... with 2 c spinach, 1 c water, 1c ice, add flavorings if you wish, and blend it all together.)
Since spinach is on both the unlimited veg and select veg list, it can count as 2 cups select veggies, so you only need 2 c more. Or it can count as unlimited, so if you want you can have another 4 c veggies.

Another thing is to take cooked veggies (leftovers are great for this), puree them with some chicken stock, add seasonings, and you have soup for lunch (makes a great take along for work too)
Old 02-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #381  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole012673 View Post
Introducing myself - I am starting IP on Friday through my chiropractor's office. I was supposed to start on Monday but I came down with a migraine on Saturday and I am just feeling better today. I am nervous and excited and truly hope this is my last diet!!
Welcome Nicole I just wanted to mention that the first few days while your body is getting into ketosis, you may have headaches - completely normal, and not everyone gets them (I didn't, and I'm also prone to headaches) but since you're prone to migraines, just wanted you not to worry.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:22 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 182/182/150

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Welcome Nicole I just wanted to mention that the first few days while your body is getting into ketosis, you may have headaches - completely normal, and not everyone gets them (I didn't, and I'm also prone to headaches) but since you're prone to migraines, just wanted you not to worry.
Thanks for the warning. My chiropractor warned me about the headaches since I am prone to them. I hope they are not too bad!
Old 02-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 165/160/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile Newbie to forum and IP

Hello! I am new to this forum and to IP. I just started it 2 weeks ago and love it I am FINALLY losing a little bit of weight! YAY! Just wanted to say hello
Old 02-12-2016, 12:25 PM   #384  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorri1972 View Post
Hello! I am new to this forum and to IP. I just started it 2 weeks ago and love it I am FINALLY losing a little bit of weight! YAY! Just wanted to say hello
Hi lorri1972
I am on week 2 as well and doing this diet as a vegetarian 😊 So far week 1 was good and lost 8.1 lbs. looking forward to week 2 weigh on 2/16 hopefully I see the numbers dropping. Loving Ip so much .
Old 02-12-2016, 03:30 PM   #385  

Hi Minal!!! Good deal and you lost 8 pounds thats amazing good for you!!!!!
Old 02-12-2016, 11:17 PM   #386  
my 1st baby "Pepe le Pew"

S/C/G: 276.8/272.2/health

Hello all...

IdealProteinNewbie- thanks re weighing veggies raw... I was aware of that, but--- I hadn't thought of the spinach thing, so I need to purchase some.

BlueSkiesAhead - thank you for the suggestions. I plan to give that a try

One week is behind me - my 2nd weigh in = -5.5 pounds.

Lorri & Minal - Great job on the weight loss ...

I need to remember WHY I am doing this --- so I will be able to walk and take hikes!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Old 02-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #387  

Have a great and healthy weekend everyone!
Old 02-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #388  
Started p1 Feb 1, 16

Height: 5'8"

Has anyone found that restricted snacks might slow you down? I'm only on day 15, and I read somewhere else that the resricted is better avoided. I have been eating them once a day, as allowed, for the last 5 days or so. I would give them up though if I would see better results?
Opinions?
Old 02-16-2016, 11:32 AM   #389  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie.23 View Post
Has anyone found that restricted snacks might slow you down? I'm only on day 15, and I read somewhere else that the resricted is better avoided. I have been eating them once a day, as allowed, for the last 5 days or so. I would give them up though if I would see better results?
Opinions?
The protocol makes the restricted entirely optional. Some coaches feel it's important to have a restricted daily, to keep you satisfied and on protocol. Personally, I wouldn't avoid it unless you experience a couple weeks of stalled losses.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:37 PM   #390  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie.23 View Post
Opinions?
The protocol is well thought out, and restricted are allowed. So, no, don't be afraid of restricteds.
Also, sometimes not having enough food can slow you down, so even though it sounds counter-intuitive, adding some extra fat or protein or an extra packet occasionally can spur on a loss.
Closed Thread