Old 07-27-2015, 06:30 PM   #16  

I'm heading for my 2nd weigh in this evening. I know I am down just a few more pounds. A few is great... I'm just worried about getting stuck at this weight. So far I'm not any lower than I have been able to get to previously... Just have this fear of not continually progressing for some reason.

My clothes are looser. I am free from the feeling like I need to EAT ALL THE FOOD. I need to be happy in these things instead of worrying about the next pound. It will come!
desirae_nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/194/150

Height: 5'5

Hi, I restarted on Saturday too. This time I am doing it on my own and using alternatives. This would be the third time, so I know pretty well the protocol. I am sick and tired of being overweight. I feel embarrassed and disgusted with myself. I am very excited to restart and fully committed to it.
Let's go girls! WE ARE WORTH IT! ( I have to repeat it to myself...:/)
Deepblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:47 AM   #18  

Well my weigh in was only showing 1 pound lost. I know from my own weigh ins that I've made a little more headway than that. But I understand water weight, etc, can affect my weights. My clothes are still fitting better and better! I've lost enough that I spend extra time getting ready in the morning because I can't help stopping to try on the things in my closet that didn't fit a month ago.
desirae_nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:38 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

Default Me too

I am rebooting again. Feels better this time!
sapphire54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:44 PM   #20  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
Hi, I restarted on Saturday too. This time I am doing it on my own and using alternatives. This would be the third time, so I know pretty well the protocol. I am sick and tired of being overweight. I feel embarrassed and disgusted with myself. I am very excited to restart and fully committed to it.
Let's go girls! WE ARE WORTH IT! ( I have to repeat it to myself...:/)
third time for me too. I need to get this off and phase off properly. Ihaven't phased off the last two times. Third times a charm..
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #21  

Hi everyone. I have been maintaining for nearly three years and I have had to do 2-3 week reboots multiple times throughout to stay within my range. Truly, I have never completely followed main. as I should hence the more frequent than most reboots.

I started a new job in November and travel heavily. Plus we work in an industry where lunch is catered nearly everyday or we are taking clients out. Needless to say, between the travel and the work lunches, I began packing on the pounds. Oh, and I am in graduate school full-time! Yee-haw for going all in!

Anyways, point I am trying to make is that I have really had to shift my thinking about re-starting/re-booting, etc. and tell myself that as someone who spent several years overweight, I will always have to be a scale watcher and ultimately make decisions rather quickly to stay in line.

I began a re-start 16 days ago and didn't get on the scale. KMN I hear you on not wanting to scare or frankly depress yourself. Today I jumped on and I am sitting at 140. WHOA. I must have started closer to 150 which is the heaviest I have been since I started three years ago. Usually I am between 130-135 with 130 being ideal and 135 being the high range. You know where my mind went? Straight to forget this...it must not be working...I am not eating what I want and still over my goal so why don't I just go eat a breakfast burrito or something?

Instead, I took a deep breathe and came on here. Main. even more than weight loss is a journey that NEVER ends unfortunately. The battle of the bulge still continues. However, I take solace in the fact that we all have the tools and the power to control our weight which is relieving. Before starting IP I remember watching the scale and feeling utterly powerless...and I was. No other diets worked.

We are all in this together and I am cheering for you all. Regardless of how many times you are starting, re-starting, etc. the truth is that it never ends. What's great is that we have IP.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hi everyone. I have been maintaining for nearly three years and I have had to do 2-3 week reboots multiple times throughout to stay within my range. Truly, I have never completely followed main. as I should hence the more frequent than most reboots.

I started a new job in November and travel heavily. Plus we work in an industry where lunch is catered nearly everyday or we are taking clients out. Needless to say, between the travel and the work lunches, I began packing on the pounds. Oh, and I am in graduate school full-time! Yee-haw for going all in!

Anyways, point I am trying to make is that I have really had to shift my thinking about re-starting/re-booting, etc. and tell myself that as someone who spent several years overweight, I will always have to be a scale watcher and ultimately make decisions rather quickly to stay in line.

I began a re-start 16 days ago and didn't get on the scale. KMN I hear you on not wanting to scare or frankly depress yourself. Today I jumped on and I am sitting at 140. WHOA. I must have started closer to 150 which is the heaviest I have been since I started three years ago. Usually I am between 130-135 with 130 being ideal and 135 being the high range. You know where my mind went? Straight to forget this...it must not be working...I am not eating what I want and still over my goal so why don't I just go eat a breakfast burrito or something?

Instead, I took a deep breathe and came on here. Main. even more than weight loss is a journey that NEVER ends unfortunately. The battle of the bulge still continues. However, I take solace in the fact that we all have the tools and the power to control our weight which is relieving. Before starting IP I remember watching the scale and feeling utterly powerless...and I was. No other diets worked.

We are all in this together and I am cheering for you all. Regardless of how many times you are starting, re-starting, etc. the truth is that it never ends. What's great is that we have IP.
I totally hear you on not depressing yourself by getting on the scale. I didn't either until the Dr. had to weigh me 2 weeks ago. I had already been on reboot for about 2 weeks, so when I saw 144 I could only assumed I had gotten back up to almost 150. Only 12lbs less than my original starting weight in 2010, when I did IP the first time.
I'm happy to say I did WI last Weds. and saw 136.8, so I feel back in the saddle, but SOooo one day at a time. Doing alternatives as well this time and staying on the group site for support. My head is not as arrogant as last time, when I thought I had this beat at 121. You are so right...this is a constant vigilance. One I will not take for granted when I reach my goal. Let's just keep moving forward and remember how good it feels to feel better! Oh...and I am sticking to a once a week WI. Last time I was obsessed with the scale. This time, I'm just feeling how much better I feel in my clothing :0)
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #23  
Creating my future today

S/C/G: 183/179/135

Height: 5'5.5"

I am also back, but after a deliberate break for 2 months so I could enjoy the summer fruits and berries. Happily I didn't regress much -- 3 pounds, and I think it is mainly the water weight from adding carbs. I have to say I didn't really feel it was too hard to maintain, but it might be the time of year. Much easier to avoid cookies and baked goods in the summer. So... back again, with a short term goal of 20 additional pounds lost. Aiming for Halloween for that goal. We shall see.
Tigridia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

After a very thorough shopping trip yesterday, hubby and I started today. We are 213 and 257 respectively. I'm definitely hungry.

Dinner was great though! We splurged on some nice, lean steaks. We drizzled them with garlic infused olive oil and some seasoning for the grill. We ate them with side salads using a baby spinach and spring mix with Walden Farms dressing, as well as asparagus. The asparagus was sautéed with more of the olive oil and just salt and pepper.

We still have our snacks to do yet tonight (we eat pretty early with little kids in the house). I'm having trouble getting my water in today. I've never really drunk much during the day, so now I feel like I'm in the bathroom constantly.

I also put in an order on Nashua for some Proti-thin and ProtiDiet products. I just got a random sample of things so we can find out what we like. Hopefully I read all of the labels correctly. :0)
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #25  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Dinner was great though! We splurged on some nice, lean steaks. We drizzled them with garlic infused olive oil and some seasoning for the grill. We ate them with side salads using a baby spinach and spring mix with Walden Farms dressing, as well as asparagus. The asparagus was sautéed with more of the olive oil and just salt and pepper.

We still have our snacks to do yet tonight (we eat pretty early with little kids in the house). I'm having trouble getting my water in today. I've never really drunk much during the day, so now I feel like I'm in the bathroom constantly.

I also put in an order on Nashua for some Proti-thin and ProtiDiet products. I just got a random sample of things so we can find out what we like. Hopefully I read all of the labels correctly. :0)
That sounds like a delicious dinner!

The water requirement was really hard for me at the beginning. I've just never been one who requires much fluid (I joke that I'm part camel), so it took a couple of weeks to get used to the water. Now I actually miss it if I haven't had at least 24 oz by lunch time. I've also noticed how much the water has helped the texture of my skin - I was probably incredibly dehydrated much of the time before. The frequent bathroom breaks are kind of annoying, but I just tell myself I'm peeing away the fat! LOL.

I'm doing all alternatives, and have found the PD and PT products need a little tweaking. I add 1/4 tsp. baking powder and 1 egg white to pancake mixes; I let the PD chili soak with water for 5 minutes before cooking. I just got some Weight Loss Systems puddings and LOVE those as my evening snack, as they're low in calories and volume and while they satisfy my sweet tooth, they don't make me feel over-stuffed before bed.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm starting back today and it feels good to finally have a goal. This is my second time on IP, Phase I. I have regained my weight loss plus 14 lbs. I went directly from Phase I to my old ways of eating. This time I am going to following the three phases and maintain my new weight. I kept thinking that I could get my weight under control and just kept putting more and more weight.
Blueskywyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

I know we shouldn't weigh every day, but it's hard not to peek! Down 1lb in 3 days! Hubs is already down 3! It made us both feel really good, because Day 3 was tough. We're both feeling a bit sluggish and headachy from the calorie, caffeine, and sugar decrease.
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:44 PM   #28  

Hi everyone. Day 22 of the reboot and going strong!

Tig...when I first did phase 1 in 2010 I took a three week break because I wanted to enjoy Thanksgiving and give myself some time. I have read on here that taking a break for summer, vacations, etc. can be a really bad idea and I completely disagree. If you cannot take a break and eat some of the things you enjoy (within reason of course) than how can you maintain? You are a great example of being able to do this. For me, this break really gave me the stamina I needed to have to make it to goal and I am so happy that I did it. Looking back I feel as if I would not have made it without taking some time off.

Wyoming...where in Wyo do you live? I grew up in Casper.

Stay strong everyone! A reboot/re-start in really just a part of the process in staying healthy and within range!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 211.0/189.8/136

Height: 5'6"

(raises hand) I'm urbannie and I'm back again, too.
It was really hard to walk back into the clinic to restart; felt a lot of self-shame, but thankfully I have a great coach...plus, the desire to once again feel as good (knees, ankles, lower back) as I did when I was at goal weight totally outweighed (pun intended) the shame.
I have mostly lurked here; so grateful to have some place to come where I can learn and be inspired. Thank you, regular posters, for sharing your journeys with us!
urbannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:16 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 150/124/112

Height: 5'

Red face Back again also--long post!

Hi all, hubby went on IP in January of '14. I was on IP since September '14 - (hubby had lost 100 lbs and I was inspired. ) I stayed on all through the holidays, travel, etc. Lost almost 30 pounds. But I started to deviate just a bit in late May. All that summer fruit was so tempting-- and then frozen yogurt-- and then...barbecues, and well-- You get the idea.We then both did a partial phase off in June- but we didn't pay attention enough to phase 3 and 4 and of course we QUICKLY regained weight. (Hubby 25 lbs and me 15). We kinda went back to the old weight gain eating style ways. I confess I felt like I DESERVED to be able to eat whatever after such adherence for months! A bit rebellious I guess, and mad about such an easy regain. Plus I was swimming twice a day and thought that would help prevent gain. Maybe it did, considering how I ate...

Tried weightwatchers but it was SO slow (compared to how fast I had gained in June and July. And my pants were feeling tight that had been loose before.

So yesterday I faced the music. I returned to my coach who said that although I had gained back weight, my stats weren't too bad..my swimming had gained me some muscle, and she assured me that lots of people do IP 2 or 3 times before they learn how their body responds to a return to eating "normally." And so today I started back on. Got the headache and a bit of nausea too. Feeling like I want to EAT something!!

But I really enjoyed looking trimmer and feeling better about my appearance before. I remember feeling so great on IP as long as I ate frequently enough.
Someone I know did Optifast and has kept the weight off so IP should be possible to do the same, right?

Sometimes I feel like giving up because it seems like I am just fighting my nature to have a body with extra weight. . Anyone else ever feel like it was futile to fight your body's tendency towards a chubby shape? It seems like you must diet strictly FOREVER. And the minute you eat a bit unhealthily, BOOM! The pounds are back! Only good thing is my skin has filled out again so it is not so saggy...

Sorry to go on and on guys. Just feeling unsure of being successful. I wish all of you a great day!
Nanlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote