Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 06:05 PM   #16  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
So, I don't post a lot but I am FINALLY seeing some progress! I was using the Pure Protein or Hydroxycut Lean bars every single day. I now only use them a total of 2 times per week. Instead I am using the quest bars as my daily restricted! And the payoff has been fantastic, I can officially say that I am in ONEderland!! (Never thought that would make me happy lol) My 42nd b-day is tomorrow and it's the best present I could ask for!
Congratulations on arriving in One-derland!!! YAY for You!!!
Old 05-18-2015, 06:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Question: Is there a recommended length of time to stay on the IP diet? Is there a maximum number of weeks to stay OP before breaking or phasing?
Old 05-18-2015, 06:19 PM   #18  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Question: Is there a recommended length of time to stay on the IP diet? Is there a maximum number of weeks to stay OP before breaking or phasing?
As far as I know - you stay on program on P1 until you reach goal weight (or very close), then you stay on program for P2 for at least a week and on P3 for at least 2 weeks, and then you go to P4 which as I understand it, is the ongoing maintenance protocol - new norm eating lifestyle for keeping those extra pounds off.

In the first posting that Lisa uses for the IP Community Daily Chat (that's this thread), there is a link to all of the IP protocol sheets for all 4 phases -- they provide all the info on these points, I think.

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-18-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #19  
Started IP 4/23/15

S/C/G: 237/226.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Just had to share that my coach and I set a date for me to move to P2! So excited! I have struggled the last 6 wks with cheats after the death of my mother and various birthday celebrations (my own included). It feels good to be in ketosis for more than a couple days…which seems to be the best I’ve been able to do over the last month and a half.

I am confirmed to start P2 on 6/1. So I have 14 days to lose as much as possible before starting to phase off. I will be thrilled if I can get to 150, ecstatic for anything more than that. She said most people continue to lose in P2 but so some will gain back those lbs in P3. I can’t believe the time is coming. All these months of dieting and praying to see it reflected on the scale. I have NEVER been successful on a diet in my life. It is very emotional!

When I started IP I NEVER thought I would actually lose 111 lbs or have a tool to help me manage my weight for the rest of my life.
I love reading about others' successes. 111 pounds! Congratulations on your victory! So inspirational. And I hope I can say I've done as well as you a year from now.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:29 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Quote:
s far as I know - you stay on program on P1 until you reach goal weight (or very close), then you stay on program for P2 for at least a week and on P3 for at least 2 weeks, and then you go to P4 which as I understand it, is the ongoing maintenance protocol - new norm eating lifestyle for keeping those extra pounds off.

In the first posting that Lisa uses for the IP Community Daily Chat (that's this thread), there is a link to all of the IP protocol sheets for all 4 phases -- they provide all the info on these points, I think.
Lets say it took over 2 years to achieve your weight loss goal, is that too long to remain at the calorie level/ketogenic state?
Old 05-18-2015, 06:58 PM   #21  
oneuh2

Quote:
Lets say it took over 2 years to achieve your weight loss goal, is that too long to remain at the calorie level/ketogenic state?
I guess that's a good question CO_6 -- I think I would see my internist a bit more regularly - at least every 6 months so long as I had no bothersome side effects - just to be sure everything was ok.

I just saw my doc last week, a bit more than a year since I had seen him last. In Feb 2014 he told me that I was NOT pre diabetic as I had feared (all my bloodwork was in the normal range except Triglycerides were borderline). I expect my new results to show everything well within the normal range, and I asked for Vitamin D and thyroid to be checked. I think those are 2 areas that can be at risk - but my statement of those risks is just based on my observations of anecdotal evidence where there have been issues raised by others here on the 3FC IP sub forum.

Most people can lose 100 lbs in 10 months if they follow the P1 protocol. And in my opinion - totally personal opinion - that's enough of a weight loss to call for real medical monitoring, not just whatever you get from most IP clinics -- so many are part of a chiropractor office in my area, and I don't think that's adequate for medical monitoring of morbid obesity. For someone with notably more weight to lose, it just seems practical to engage a medical expert to advise along the way.

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-18-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:10 PM   #22  

Quote:
Its not the ketogenic part of it I'd be concerned about as much as the very low calorie part.

It is VERY hard on thyroid.

You might want to read some of Lyle McDonald (if you can get past his arrogant style) for more info.

He believes in diet breaks.
You can read more in his Rapid Fat Loss Handbook.
Just Google it.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:03 PM   #23  
Started IP 4/23/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Its not the ketogenic part of it I'd be concerned about as much as the very low calorie part.

It is VERY hard on thyroid.

You might want to read some of Lyle McDonald (if you can get past his arrogant style) for more info.

He believes in diet breaks.
You can read more in his Rapid Fat Loss Handbook.
Just Google it.
I have read a little of Lyle McDonald. His ideas on diet breaks and free meals do seem to make logical sense to me. Incorporating some of his ideas with IP is something I've been mulling over, especially since I'm someone with more to lose and will likely be on this diet for quite a while.

TBH, 2 times I've been in situations where I let myself get overly hungry without IP compliant food available so I just ate what was on offer. If nothing else, having read his ideas made it easy for me to just consider that my meal was a planned free meal and then very easily just get right back on IP the next meal. But also I wonder if it helped give my body a sort of reset. Before, I'd have let one "bad" meal spiral into many because I'd "failed" at being perfect.

On another topic, does anyone ever dehydrate their veggies? My friend gave me some squash "chips" she'd made in her dehydrator without oil and they were pretty good. If you have experience, what other IP compliant veggies have you tried that you like? Are there any particular spice blends you like to use? I'm going to borrow the machine and try a few things.

Looking over the list of select vegetables, I was thinking of trying kale, bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms, and/or okra.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ipeeps! I wanted to share my experience and a lesson learned about not taking supplements. Well, I had the ultimate crash today, so much that I didn't go to work and ended up at the docs with a low blood pressure. I told him my symptoms and the diet that I had been on. He told me to get off the diet, at least temporary. Well. I realized that I was dehydrated and all the walking I have done, I have depleted my stores with no supplements on board. Not smart! So I have loaded up on extra h20 and potassium and actually feel better. Lab work pending, I think that's what the problem was. DONT Forget supplements!
Old 05-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Oh yeah, BTW, after all this, I now have to move my ticker to the right!
Old 05-18-2015, 08:40 PM   #26  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
I have read a little of Lyle McDonald. His ideas on diet breaks and free meals do seem to make logical sense to me. Incorporating some of his ideas with IP is something I've been mulling over, especially since I'm someone with more to lose and will likely be on this diet for quite a while.

TBH, 2 times I've been in situations where I let myself get overly hungry without IP compliant food available so I just ate what was on offer. If nothing else, having read his ideas made it easy for me to just consider that my meal was a planned free meal and then very easily just get right back on IP the next meal. But also I wonder if it helped give my body a sort of reset. Before, I'd have let one "bad" meal spiral into many because I'd "failed" at being perfect.

On another topic, does anyone ever dehydrate their veggies? My friend gave me some squash "chips" she'd made in her dehydrator without oil and they were pretty good. If you have experience, what other IP compliant veggies have you tried that you like? Are there any particular spice blends you like to use? I'm going to borrow the machine and try a few things.

Looking over the list of select vegetables, I was thinking of trying kale, bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms, and/or okra.

check out this thread for dehydrator discussions!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:49 PM   #27  
Started IP 4/23/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
check out this thread for dehydrator discussions!
This is great! Thanks oneuh!
Old 05-18-2015, 10:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 252 / 252 / 135

Quote:
Just had to share that my coach and I set a date for me to move to P2! So excited! I have struggled the last 6 wks with cheats after the death of my mother and various birthday celebrations (my own included). It feels good to be in ketosis for more than a couple days…which seems to be the best I’ve been able to do over the last month and a half.

I am confirmed to start P2 on 6/1. So I have 14 days to lose as much as possible before starting to phase off. I will be thrilled if I can get to 150, ecstatic for anything more than that. She said most people continue to lose in P2 but so some will gain back those lbs in P3. I can’t believe the time is coming. All these months of dieting and praying to see it reflected on the scale. I have NEVER been successful on a diet in my life. It is very emotional!

When I started IP I NEVER thought I would actually lose 111 lbs or have a tool to help me manage my weight for the rest of my life. 3FC has been such an important lifeline during so much of this journey. The people and information available here are just incredible! I am sure I will be spending plenty of time researching what to expect as I phase off. Seems like I read time and again people who regained because the didn’t “phase off properly.” Not sure what that means. Did they just quit and go back to their old eating habits or something else?

I am a control freak perfectionist so this transition will be a stressful one for me. I can beat myself up pretty good when I make mistakes so in addition to being kinder to myself I will have to start planning my menus now. Some days it’s been enough of a challenge just to come up with dinner each night.

Thanks for letting me share!
Congratulations!! This is so awesome!
Old 05-19-2015, 07:31 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
If it were easy, everyone would do it!

Monday Motivation: So often we hear from dieters sabotaging thoughts like, “I don’t deserve credit [for my weight loss efforts] because I should already be doing these things.” Here’s what we want them (and you!) to know: No you SHOULDN’T already be doing these things. If it was easy, nobody would be overweight. If it was easy, nobody who ever lost weight on a diet would gain it back. It’s really hard, but you’re learning and making progress, and you deserve credit EVERY step of the way.
Love This Lisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
So, I don't post a lot but I am FINALLY seeing some progress! I was using the Pure Protein or Hydroxycut Lean bars every single day. I now only use them a total of 2 times per week. Instead I am using the quest bars as my daily restricted! And the payoff has been fantastic, I can officially say that I am in ONEderland!! (Never thought that would make me happy lol) My 42nd b-day is tomorrow and it's the best present I could ask for!
Great Job! and Happy Birthday

Quote:

Thanks for letting me share!
So Happy for you I will say it again on this thread! You inspire me.... I am plugging along to phase2.... soon I will join you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Bad weekend Bad. I slipped. Not hard but not good either. Saturday was a road trip with some hiking. Usual coffee and cappuccino breakfast. Yummy restaurant meal of grilled rib eye and romaine salad for lunch. Afternoon was stupid. I got the munchies and when we stopped at a gas station for cold drinks I bought a small sleeve of shelled sunflower seeds. Ate half of them. (threw the rest out when I got home). That must have put my body into wanting nut fats because after an IP dinner of chicken a la king and cabbage I snarfed probably a half cup of the dog's peanut butter (before I served her of course). Yes it was fantastic tasting. I feel like I gained 20 pounds overnight and I swear my face feels bloated. I should have just had my evening snack right then and there instead. I've been trying to drink extra extra water the past two days and back to OP. I have a feeling my WI this afternoon will be a disaster. Yuck.
OMG I so miss nuts! That would trigger me for sure.... Just get back on track. you can do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Starting my reboot today! Since I was on IP last year, I've gained it all back plus some. I don't know why it took me so long to get back here but IP has been the only diet I've ever been successful at. This time I am determined to phase off appropriately so that I don't repeat my mistakes.
Welome Back!

DS turns 17 today and goes for his driving test. Good luck to me and him LOL....

So all this talk about being on program too long ... I am going to hit 1 year at the end of june. I still have plenty to go and at the rate I lose I won't see goal till the end of the summer. I have tossed around the idea of phasing off for vacation in July, but honestly I am scared to death of phasing off and never getting back on ... I have travelled before with a sack full of IP foods, seems like I will be doing it again....In order to phase off properly it looks like I need 4 weeks and I am running out of weeks LOL.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:34 PM   #30  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quick question, I know someone posted about baking "cookies" from their Quest bars, anyone know what temp and how long? I tried them at 325 for 12 minutes but they were not the best, so I think I didn't do it at the right temp/time. (I did post in alternative thread already, just hoping someone can answer today)
Thanks!
Closed Thread