Old 05-25-2015, 02:46 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 199.2/198.0/150.0

Height: 5'4"

Started earlier this year and then fell off. Just came back from Florida vacation and horrified by my pic! Restarting tomorrow and I'm sticking to it!!
I've already stocked up on products. Just need to get some fresh veggies.
ArlingtonLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:35 PM   #107  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonLady View Post
horrified by my pic!
Yep, that's what kicked my butt into gear

Best of luck to you!

I'm down -1.4 for Week 4 ... keeping my average alive. This is actually quite good for me based on what I have lost on other plans in the last few years. I have reached one of my thresholds of "semi-acceptable" haha. Five more pounds to go to even be "acceptable." So, approximately 3-4 more weeks at this rate.

Have a great last week of May everyone!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebleswobble View Post
So excited. Tomorrow is day 21 and I'm down 19 pounds!
The pants that I'd been wearing are too big. I'm wearing 16s! My face is thinner!!

Best diet ever!

I did have a craving for a glass of wine tonight, but I didn't touch it! It was less a craving and more an..."Boy I could use a glass of wine after this day"

I am learning a lot about the dumb choices I've made in the past in regard to eating. I know I eat when I'm upset at someone. I think I would much rather look hot and outlive them!
Dear Weebles- I like your mindset of "I would rather look hot and outlive them" That should be a magnet on my fridge.
jlnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:50 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 236/199/150

Height: 5'3"

Had my Second WI last night. Weight stayed the same, but i was down in inches overall. Kind of disappointed, but not completely unexpected as we were at my parents for dinner the night before and she doesn't quite get that what she considers a "Health option" isn't what i can eat right now. I did my best to stick to what is OP but definitely was not perfect and everything was loaded with sauce.
acidlollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #110  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnelson View Post
Dear Weebles- I like your mindset of "I would rather look hot and outlive them" That should be a magnet on my fridge.
Yeah. Today we are having a meeting to discuss something that happened at church on Sunday (I'm a pastor). Basically an 80 year old man jumped down my & a retired minister & 2 elders' throats saying that since we didn't preach his (hateful) version of the Bible that our souls were in trouble. He said a lot more (hateful, bigoted) stuff but I'm sure you can imagine the gist.

I really, really needed a wine after that. But I didn't have it (which is probably healthy for me on a number of levels!!)

Weebs
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:56 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 150/135/120

Height: 5'2

I started on May 2nd, lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks but now the weight seems to have stalled in the 4th week. I have not changed anything but the weight has not budged at all this week.
Looks like my biggest fear is coming true, it is always difficult for me to get past the 140 lb mark. Ihave been trying to lose weight for the last 3 yrs and always get stuck at 140 , get demotivated leave the plan and then gain the weight back..

I had high hopes with IP. I will try to stick to the plan for another couple of weeks and hopefully break the jinx..

Last edited by HappyCampr73; 05-27-2015 at 06:58 PM.
HappyCampr73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:12 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

HappyCampr don't give up. I have never been able to get down to the 130's on any diet but IP. No amount of exercise, counting calories or eating right helped. I stupidly gained it back but I know I will get there again on IP. Maybe try changing things up a bit. My coach suggested not having restricteds (but I didn't do that) and she suggested not having many restricted veggies. She also suggested walking, moving a bit more.

Hang in there
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 150/135/120

Height: 5'2

Thanks Sunflower, I have been taking 1 restricted from wk 1 along with 2 non restricted pkts, maybe I will stop it for wk 5 and see if things get any better. I am mostly taking Mushroom and spinach for lunch and flipping between cauliflower, okra and broccoli for dinner. My carb intake is always between 35-45 gms. My coach said I need to eat under 50 gms to stay in ketosis and I lost weight for the first three weeks on that But I saw here on the forum the carb intake should be less than 40 gms...not sure if I Need to bring it down or continue eating 35-45gms.
HappyCampr73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:04 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

not sure what the solution is, what I do know from experience is that when I cut out the restricteds I didn't lose any more and I felt really really hungry and lethargic.

Are you taking all your pills? They're crucial on this diet. I learnt this the hard way.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 167.2/164.8/140-145

Height: 5'5

Hi all, Sunflower invited me to join this board. I am starting this weekend, so *kindof* a May starter (as in starting on the VERY last day haha)

I weigh somewhere in the mid to high 160s and would like to get down to 140. Worried that it might take awhile as it's just 25 pounds. But if I don't do something now, I will keep gaining.

I did IP years ago to lose my "law school stress weight" and was successful but it's been awhile -- any tips on how to lose quickly, recipes, which products to use, etc.

Thanks for letting m ejoin!
katyindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #116  

How has this week been going for everyone?

It has gone well for me so far but i will have a "test" this afternoon as it is my co-workers birthday and we are surprising her with a cake. Planning on staying strong and not having any, but i know it will be tempting. I just keep reminding myself, this super strict part isn't forever, its just for now, and if i stick to plan, hopefully it wont take as long.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:50 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidlollipop View Post
How has this week been going for everyone?

It has gone well for me so far but i will have a "test" this afternoon as it is my co-workers birthday and we are surprising her with a cake. Planning on staying strong and not having any, but i know it will be tempting. I just keep reminding myself, this super strict part isn't forever, its just for now, and if i stick to plan, hopefully it wont take as long.
If it helps save one of your snacks that you really like - for me it was the wafers or a few of the bars- and have one of those when everyone else is having cake. I would also make myself a really nice coffee or hot tea and really relax and enjoy myself, rather than feeling any stress or "deprivation" and I actually enjoyed myself in those moments much more than I used to, because eating sugar never really worked for my body and overall just made me feel guilty and bad and kind of a sugar rush/hangover thing. Plus those cakes rarely even taste good!!
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:19 PM   #118  
Started IP May 14, 2015

S/C/G: 290.7/240.3/190

Height: 5'8"

This week has been pretty good, but lunch today was a struggle! I am a teacher and today was a field day/reward day for the school. The cafeteria did an outdoor picnic lunch with all sorts of grilled goodies and luscious-looking watermelon. I ate my salad and herb and garlic crisps, but it took a lot of willpower not to grab a slice of watermelon!
Tarier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:29 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
If it helps save one of your snacks that you really like - for me it was the wafers or a few of the bars- and have one of those when everyone else is having cake. I would also make myself a really nice coffee or hot tea and really relax and enjoy myself, rather than feeling any stress or "deprivation" and I actually enjoyed myself in those moments much more than I used to, because eating sugar never really worked for my body and overall just made me feel guilty and bad and kind of a sugar rush/hangover thing. Plus those cakes rarely even taste good!!
That is a great idea! I should keep a couple of the snacks in my desk for just such occasions. My team likes to celebrate, and there are a few birthdays coming up over the next couple months.

I took a coffee with me, which helped. I brought the cupcake that was meant for me home to my BF as he is one of those lucky people who can eat anything and not gain a lb.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:44 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidlollipop View Post
That is a great idea! I should keep a couple of the snacks in my desk for just such occasions. My team likes to celebrate, and there are a few birthdays coming up over the next couple months.

I took a coffee with me, which helped. I brought the cupcake that was meant for me home to my BF as he is one of those lucky people who can eat anything and not gain a lb.
I did a similar thing - the man I was spending time with during P1 got a lot of gifts of chocolate - he loved it It was fun for me in general to receive something and then give it to one of my friends - wine, etc. got regifted in really nice ways. Coffee and teas were my saving grace in social situations, and I also really got into hot water with lemon. If I have something that's nourishing and satisfying, it's nice. Also at special events and dates if I had an extra restricted bar/wafer/etc. I didn't worry about it. Sometimes I mixed the chocolate bar with the chocolate covered or peanut little puffs and had a nice little baggie of treats for myself.

The only funny little downside was I made it look so special that most of my friends really liked my treats, so I ended up giving away $4 "treats" some days, but what the heck, it's the price of buying someone a beer I would tell myself ... why not have a little fun just giving.... and it made me feel nice that they liked my food so much, it made it feel more special and attractive. I just made sure to bring a little extra so I would get my actual protein in if I was going to give half of it away.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-29-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote