Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 10:49 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 166/132(20.3)/120 (<20% Fat)

Height: 5'5''

I want to move in with you Kimo after I read all you planned to cook lol I am so lazy and so not a cook material.
Teags - you are more than half way done, how could you give up now!! I have got less than half to go as well so let's race till the end!

I have been sick with this nasty flu for the past 3 days. and guess what they all blamed the flu on --- my diet. you are sick because you don't eat real food, your immune system is down because you don't eat fruits..blah blah..Don't know how would they be convinced that I am not starving myself and I am fine with this diet. Sometimes I feel like I am Columbus trying to prove the earth is round.
I missed my WI because of the flu, so I weighed myself at home, down 1.5lbs so hope I will see a bigger drop at next WI.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:16 AM   #107  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffeifei View Post
I want to move in with you Kimo after I read all you planned to cook lol I am so lazy and so not a cook material.
Teags - you are more than half way done, how could you give up now!! I have got less than half to go as well so let's race till the end!

I have been sick with this nasty flu for the past 3 days. and guess what they all blamed the flu on --- my diet. you are sick because you don't eat real food, your immune system is down because you don't eat fruits..blah blah..Don't know how would they be convinced that I am not starving myself and I am fine with this diet. Sometimes I feel like I am Columbus trying to prove the earth is round.
I missed my WI because of the flu, so I weighed myself at home, down 1.5lbs so hope I will see a bigger drop at next WI.
Haha well I have a spare room coming up this weekend! One more sleep and the tenant that caused the most trouble is gone!! Yay!! Now if she could stop spreading rumours about me throughout our small community that would be great...

Who's saying it's because of the diet? Your doctor? Either way, screw em! How about all of the people who get LESS sick on IP?? That's so frustrating to constantly hear that. I love the comparison though!! You nailed that one! We are Columbus! Congrats on the loss, 1.5lbs is great!! Hope you get better soon! Oh, whenever I'm sick I use advil cold and sinus - it works amazingly well even when everything else doesn't. Maybe it will help?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 166/132(20.3)/120 (<20% Fat)

Height: 5'5''

Small community can be sweet but stinks sometimes 2. What they say, if you fart on the street, everyone smells it. No privacy whatsoever. And the rumor spreads like disease.

Well the one who blamed my diet are mostly my co workers. One day they are wowed about my result and the next they are blaming it for the flu. Guess at the end I will have to prove them that the earth is round.

I did take Advil cold and sinus, it helped quite a lot fighting off the stuffy nose and ache. I am also glad I picked up some IP jello, that was the only thing I could eat.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:18 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Sorry to hear you are sick, Fluffy! Here's hoping you get better quickly, and I LOVE the IP Raspberry Jelly too. It's super tasty. Thanks for the inspiration as well, I am back on track heading into the weekend. Here's hoping I stay strong. You ladies help more than you know!

Kimo - I'm sure your gain is a phase, do you feel stronger? I'm thinking of ya!

--------------------

Happy to report I finished out yesterday 100% and today is so far so good as well. I am a little worried about the weekend, but I have made it work for many weekends before so I know I can manage this one. We have tons of plans, but I will make sure to plan properly and be prepared!

Insane at work again, just popped in to see you ladies. TGIF!
Old 01-30-2015, 04:41 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffeifei View Post
So sorry you are sick!

Just smile and nod at the people who don't know what they are talking about. Sugar feeds viruses. Fruits are sugar. Starchy carbs are sugar. They make the viruses stronger. There are so many mis-informed people because the mainstream medical community has been feeding us misinformation for decades! We get sick because we get exposed to bacteria and viruses at specific times. Maybe you were tired. There are lots of non-dietary reasons. If they annoy you too much, just sneeze on them!

And...when we're sick, we have inflammation. That is water weight. Hold off on WI until you're feeling better. And...make yourself some chicken veggie soup. I consider chicken soup to be a cure-all.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-30-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:32 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

loved the sneezing suggestion, Lisa!!!
Old 01-31-2015, 05:49 PM   #112  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Default Onederland!!!!

Hi there!

I had WI#13 yesterday and in Onederland but the clinic's scale ( my scale had me there last week). I am so happy to be here and never want to cross back again.

I am struggling a bit this weekend. We are up in the White Mtns of NH with 5 other couples for a ski, eat and drink weekend. I brought food however this is really challenging even with my bars, Etc.. I brought one nip of vodka and had about half last night, split in 3 sparking waters. First drink since 10/31 and it was nice but tonight I think I will just have water. The risk go not hitting 50lbs this week, or worse -going out of Onederland is too much of a risk...

Go Pats!! Woohoo

Last edited by Hmm123; 01-31-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:05 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Congratulations, hmm -- you're doing awesome!!! Keep forging ahead and don't look back! Now, go enjoy the rest of your weekend, keeping in mind how fantastic you feel!
Old 02-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #114  

Wow, Hmmm!!! That's amazing! You are seriously rocking it. I am a wee but jealous, I must say. I have a plan of onederland for next week, but honestly I don't think it's going to happen. It would have to be a crazy big loss.

Well, weigh in yesterday was ok. I had a rough couple weeks and I managed to be down 2 lbs, so I am pleased about that. Back on the wagon still and reaaalllly hoping to be strong this week.So far so good today!

Anyone have big Super Bowl plans? We were supposed to go to a friends place, but my Dad told me he wants me to be with him for Super Bowl so I will just hang out with him. He is ordering chinese so I will take a salmon burger and roast some broccoli. The temptations are less with him than with my friends, so I really don't mind!
Old 02-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #115  
Started IP 11/26/2014

Congrats Hmm!!! Onederland at your clinic scale, wooooo! You're doing so good!

I have my weigh in today, according to my scale I've lost 2 lbs this week so we'll see what the scale at my clinic says...fingers crossed that it's a loss!

I watched superbowl at my parents house with my mom (my dad was going to be there but he ended up going to my uncles because he was alone). It was so nice because my mom and I are both on IP so we just ate out stir fry and sipped on tea for the superbowl. A little bummed that my seahawks didn't win but it was a great game! A real nailbiter! What did everyone else do for SB?

NSV for me, I'm wearing a top tucked into my jeans today. I never did this because it made me look so terrible before!! I hope everyone has a great week, lets lose some more lbs!
Old 02-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Hi ladies! Fluffy, how are you feeling? Sorry that you've been having to defend IP while also dealing with being sick! That's no fun at all. There's no way your immune system is compromised, that's just silly. Tell your coworkers they're silly. I for one have been less sick on IP. I usually get walloped with one or two winter colds, and this year, I've only had a few days of the pre-cold scratchy throat, but then it never took hold and that was that. Hope your flu has a short run and you're back on your feet soon!

Kimo, congrats on the loss this week! Also, my mom and I are both doing IP, too. She lives out in Missouri though, so we don't get to see each other much, but we text each other our lbs lost each week and share recipes. My mom started about 5 weeks before me and she's doing so well! Did you and your mom start together?

Hmm123, I also had a tough time staying OP on a ski trip with friends this weekend. I didn't exactly go off plan in what I ate, but I overate the things I was allowed to pretty badly. Scrambled eggs (okay, and a piece of bacon) for breakfast, salad with chicken and pancetta (not OP, but soooo good) and another egg at lunch in addition to my bar, then a chicken stir fry at dinner and a few packets throughout the day as well. Ugh. I'm hoping that I burned off some of the extra intake skiing at least. It was my first day on skis and I LOVED it, but I am so, so sore today.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #117  
Started IP 11/26/2014

Yup, 2 lbs official weigh in loss! Yay! I lost 1/4 inch from every measurement too which was great! So now I know for sure that my fitbit scale is 2 lbs different from my clinic scale. I just got it last Friday so I wasn't completely sure what to expect as far as differences. Won't have a clinic weigh in now for 2 weeks because next Monday is family day in my province. So my next official weigh in should be a goodie!

MaPetiteChoux my mom and I started about 6 weeks apart, I started before her! Got to love being able to share the journey with a loved one right?

I hope everyone is doing well and staying OP. Summer is just around the corner and summer bodies are made in the winter! We can do this!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:52 PM   #118  

Hello Ladies!! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Kimo - woohooooo!!! Huge congrats on the 2lbs. I knew it would come this week! I like the NSV as well, I will likely never be able to do that so I am super happy for ya!

MaPetite - sounds like a lovely trip, I think you did very minimal damage if any. You weren't off the rails by any means, and that takes willpower! Good for you!

-------------------------------

I'm hanging in there, still having a brutal time at work, was in Grande Prairie yesterday letting more people go. It stinks!

I did my Les Mills Body Pump last night and loooooved it. I was going to go to the gym today, but I am so darn busy at work I can't take my lunch break. So, I will go tomorrow and then do Pump again on Thursday. I have been on track with my eating too, so here's hoping for a good number this week. I am a little nervous on how the weights will affect my numbers, but I am hopeful.

I bought the Chicken Soup packet on weigh in on Saturday and tried it yesterday. It's pretty good! I would like to try it in a chicken/broccoli casserole thing, I think it would be tasty. Has anyone done something similar?
Old 02-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #119  

Oh - I also wanted to share a few motivational words that I have as the screen saver on my phone:

'If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now.'

LOVED IT!!!

Last edited by TeagsC; 02-03-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:20 PM   #120  
Started IP 11/26/2014

I love the quote Teags!!

Sorry that work is so tough for you right now...hopefully this part will be over soon. Funny that you mention the chicken/brocolli casserole with IP soup mix. I'm having that TONIGHT!! Haha! But I'm putting mushroom soup on top of it not chicken, though that would probably also be amazing. I'll let you know how it went!

About the workouts and your weight. I feel like adding workouts in is a big reason that I stalled. When your muscles first start to get worked there is more tearing happening which will result in more water retention in your muscles as you heal. Once they've healed up you shouldn't experience the same amount of muscle tears and therefore water retention. I'm glad I got back to working out. First of all because I missed it, second of all because it solidifes the habit of exercise before I get to maintenance, instead of trying to dive head first into heavy exercise for maintenance.
Closed Thread