Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Ruth Ann, I don't feel like I have had a very positive attitude lately, work is getting the best of me, and I trying not to let it. Yesterday, after I vented my frustration to my coach (who is a great person and coach) and he basically said (the same thing everyone else here has said) - keep working and it will come off. Then I had a "stern conversation" with myself on the way home and told myself to get over it and focus on the positive. Coach pointed out how far I had come, etc and I have to remember that.

Also, my "Book on CD" of The Beck Diet Solution, came yesterday, so I started listening to it on my 45 minute commute this morning. I think it might help too. Plus this forum is amazing support as well.

Thanks to you all. Happy Thursday (although it is my Friday - taking tomorrow off - need a day away from here!!!)
Hoping you have a great long weekend!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #122  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

When I see people cheating or waffling about cheating, I figure this is what they've made up their minds to do. Some can be talked down. Others need to be set free to continue their primrose path. I have no rose colored glasses. This $#** is HARD work and it messes with your mind if you let it. (song lyrics came to me: "take your soul if you let them, but don't you let them").
That is what brought me here. It is difficult enough to do this and I try to skip over the justifications for cheating. I know if I fall off, I won't ever get back on. That's just me - everyone is different.

Last edited by MsGracie; 03-21-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #123  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGracie View Post
That is what brought me here. It is difficult enough to do this and I try to skip over the justifications for cheating. I know if I fail off, I won't ever get back on. That's just me - everyone is different.
That's me too MsGracie - I know how to cheat on a diet, I'm really good at it! When I started IP I just made up my mind that I was staying on the straight and narrow until I was done. Everything I am not eating right now will still be there when I am in maintenance and the taste isn't going to change while I'm on IP.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:33 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

What I love about this diet is not only did I lose weight, but it helped me to realize how bad food affects me. Not only causing me to be overweight but my thinking, emotions and energy to do life. Sometimes during the day I'll be busy doing something and realize that I used to want a nap at this time of day! Not that I don't have my days like that but the majority are certainly better. And now that I'm starting maintenance, I am enjoying my food but its food that is good for me! I'm not mindlessly grabbing whatever. Its great!

Ruth Ann: So nice to see your continued losses! You are a good example.

Lisa: I appreciate your positiveness about this plan even though you are dealing with a frustrating situation. You see clearly how this plan is a good one. And your success is inspiring!
Old 03-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post

Lisa: I appreciate your positiveness about this plan even though you are dealing with a frustrating situation. You see clearly how this plan is a good one. And your success is inspiring!
Thanks Hawaii. I started back on P1 on Monday and the up lbs are melting away. I have a person I share privately with because this IS a struggle and she knows the struggle personally.

My first mini goal is the elusive 100. I was 2 or 3 lbs away at one point.
From there, it'll be a 10 lb goal to the finish.

I changed my attitude and embraced the plateau. The Beck Diet book is really helping. Somehow it made everything different...

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-21-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #126  

Quote:
Thanks Hawaii. I started back on P1 on Monday and the up lbs are melting away. I have a person I share privately with because this IS a struggle and she knows the struggle personally.

My first mini goal is the elusive 100. I was 2 or 3 lbs away at one point.
From there, it'll be a 10 lb goal to the finish.

I changed my attitude and embraced the plateau. The Beck Diet book is really helping. Somehow it made everything different...
I am so happy to hear the lbs are melting away! Put a smile on my face. And you are right...this $*#$ is hard!
Old 03-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
And you are right...this $*#$ is hard!
LOL...I did say that somewhere, didn't I?
Old 03-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #128  

Quote:
LOL...I did say that somewhere, didn't I?
You did and it also made me smile and giggle because its sooooo true (and you are usually always so positive!). It takes constant and deliberate decision making multiple times each day (sometimes what feels like millions of times)! And, after phase 1, 2, and 3, the journey continues. Its such a lifelong thing and it has taken me a year and a half (on IP 1st round, maintenance, and some reboots) to realize that this is my forever lifestyle. No going back to old habits...they got me in a bad place to begin with. Nope. Not an option. I am going to just have to plug along and mind the scale for the rest of my life if I plan on being healthy and feeling confident in my own skin. And you know what...that's OK because I have the tools to be the weight I want. Not easy but not impossible!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
You did and it also made me smile and giggle because its sooooo true (and you are usually always so positive!). It takes constant and deliberate decision making multiple times each day (sometimes what feels like millions of times)! And, after phase 1, 2, and 3, the journey continues. Its such a lifelong thing and it has taken me a year and a half (on IP 1st round, maintenance, and some reboots) to realize that this is my forever lifestyle. No going back to old habits...they got me in a bad place to begin with. Nope. Not an option. I am going to just have to plug along and mind the scale for the rest of my life if I plan on being healthy and feeling confident in my own skin. And you know what...that's OK because I have the tools to be the weight I want. Not easy but not impossible!
I didn't just say it was hard. I said it was hard work!!!! That is at least a bit more positive...

Just in my short time maintaining on purpose, giving my body a break from WL, I see how easy it is to gain & how diligent life will have to be. I put on 5 lbs in a Fri nite-Sun morning a couple weeks ago. Of course, 1 day on P1 dropped 3 of it & 3 days I was back where I was. I see 1 P1 day per week in my future lifestyle for sure, or maybe a P2 day as I learn more control.

I'm shedding a few up lbs right now. Did a little celebrating a couple weekends in a row. I'm guessing its mostly water/bloat. I dropped 4.6 from Mon-Thurs. Fat doesn't come off that fast! I'll weigh again on Sunday for the summer challenge and update ticker, if needed.

The thing to learn will be how to maintain w/o needing the reboots. I've had 50+ years of living like this. I think I'll be gentle with myself when I get to maintenance while I learn (but diligent with the scale). For the last 6 weeks, I've spent time gaining scale acceptance. Instead of avoiding the scale when I knew I did x, y, or z, I got on to see what the change was & how long it took it to come back down.

Viewing it like a science experiment made it not so scary. It is part of detaching it from my self-worth/self-esteem. What the scale says should NOT be part of that! It is about my health. If I catch a cold, I don't engage in negative self-talk/putting myself down. If I get a migraine, I don' blame myself. I explore what caused it and try to avoid in the future. This is the way I'm looking at ups/downs on the scale.

But PLEASE!!!! WL fairies...let the trend go down now that I'm back on P1!!!!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-21-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

I'm going into my second weekend on IP. Still 100%. I can't believe that I already made it through a holiday and a work party without even thinking of going off plan. Despite being on plan for a short time, I have already realized that there are so many events that involve food but the food is not "needed" just "wanted". The longer I stay OP the easier it will be to make it through the many events I have coming up and know that I don't "need" the food to enjoy the event.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #131  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hawaii - thanks for the nice words! I am so glad you are continuing to check in on maintenance, so inspiring to see someone attaining their goals!

What a great attitude Lisa! I really do think our mindset plays a really, really huge factor in weight loss. If we look at it as just not eating some stuff for awhile we don't learn much. If we embrace the time and bumps along the way as a way to learn more about how our bodies work and our individual responses to stress, foods, etc. the journey is so much easier.

eanc2006 - Learning how to maintain is probably harder than losing! You're right - not easy but not impossible. I think getting the weight off is just half the battle. We can do it!

Congrats sapphire83 on making it thru events 100%! Making occasions more about the people rather than the food is key to changing our mindset about food I do believe. Sounds like you're doing great!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:13 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

weigh in #9 and I'm down .8 for the week but a total of 18 for 9 weeks - so even though I'd prefer more but I'm doing okay. I think more lettuce is called for-

have a great day everyone we're worth it
Old 03-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
weigh in #9 and I'm down .8 for the week but a total of 18 for 9 weeks - so even though I'd prefer more but I'm doing okay. I think more lettuce is called for-

have a great day everyone we're worth it
You're doing great! Although more lettuce won't hurt and is good for us in many ways, we are all so anxious to speed up progress, rather than delighting in progress. Celebrate the .8.
It is more than zero.
It rounds up to 1
The scale went in the direction you wanted
And YOU are in control of your food intake, which takes firm dedication

It is celebration day!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:04 AM   #134  
Started IP 04/22/2013

You're doing great maureen! Congrats!

And I'll admit I round. I have only ever paid attention to the first 3 numbers on the scale and ignored everything after the . Which is funny because I'm really detailed oriented in so many other ways but I just can't get into paying attention to the ounces on the scale (unless it's my food scale of course).
Old 03-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

lisa, that's a great way to look at it, more scientifically instead of emotionally. I definitely did not do what you did when phased off, getting on the scale to see the effects of different decisions. Something to definitely keep in mind for maintenance, if it's going to work.

Hope you had a good week 1 back on P1!
Closed Thread