Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone,

I am on day 4 of my reboot, and on day 2 of my business trip. This might go into the category of 'what was I thinking'???? But, it's ok. I'm OP, making good choices, no one is noticing or caring that I'm not joining into the food festivities. Doing my own thing and it's working. Feeling better today, hoping the headache is completely gone in the morning.

The lettuce conversation is making me laugh. For lunch, the only thing I could eat (other than my pudding) was lettuce. A big pile of lettuce on my plate. And for dinner, I ordered a wedge salad with my steak and veggies. Basically a quarter of a head of iceberg lettuce, with a few pieces of tomato! I don't think I've ever had so much lettuce in one day in my life. And I think it was maybe 4 cups! The idea of 8 was crazy, until I read that it was in a smoothie. I would be regular for a week!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:27 PM   #107  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Carol - you have such a great attitude! I'm sorry you're going through so much stress, but it's awesome you keep seeing the positives. It's always so uplifting to read your posts.

Lisa - You have so much to be proud of - shine on!!!

ChipnDip - Sometimes we get so caught up in the small details we forget to look at the big picture. Glad you're feeling better - dinner always helps!

1littlestar - Yeah for staying OP! And that is a lot of lettuce, but good for you for making good choices.

Reading tonight gave me a really big lift after a fairly stressful day - thank guys, you all are great!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:45 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning all

I've been reading the posts and the lettuce posts are hilarious - but I think I may start putting it in my IP drinks - I need something to make me start going regular - weigh in tomorrow and if I don't lose I'll know why!!!!

have a great day we're worth it
Old 03-20-2014, 06:01 AM   #109  

Keep up the good work!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:29 AM   #110  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Dragon, grass, 8 cups of lettuce-is there a secret IP protocol sheet that we newbies don't know about? When you lose a certain amount of weight, do you get the password and learn a special handshake?
Old 03-20-2014, 06:55 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
Dragon, grass, 8 cups of lettuce-is there a secret IP protocol sheet that we newbies don't know about? When you lose a certain amount of weight, do you get the password and learn a special handshake?
Old 03-20-2014, 07:17 AM   #112  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
good morning all

I've been reading the posts and the lettuce posts are hilarious - but I think I may start putting it in my IP drinks - I need something to make me start going regular - weigh in tomorrow and if I don't lose I'll know why!!!!

have a great day we're worth it
Yeah, not going regularly can really mess with the scale. I'm fortunate I haven't had too many problems in that regard. However, Spring is here and I am apparently allergic to Spring and my allergy medication really seems to make me retain water. And the only cure for that seems to be - drink more water.

Quote:
The initiation is brutal - you have to name all the select veggies from memory and measure 8 oz of protein blindfolded! Then you get the sheet with dragon and grass!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:49 AM   #113  

Quote:
Too cute!!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #114  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Carol - you have such a great attitude! I'm sorry you're going through so much stress, but it's awesome you keep seeing the positives. It's always so uplifting to read your posts.

Reading tonight gave me a really big lift after a fairly stressful day - thank guys, you all are great!
Ruth Ann, I don't feel like I have had a very positive attitude lately, work is getting the best of me, and I trying not to let it. Yesterday, after I vented my frustration to my coach (who is a great person and coach) and he basically said (the same thing everyone else here has said) - keep working and it will come off. Then I had a "stern conversation" with myself on the way home and told myself to get over it and focus on the positive. Coach pointed out how far I had come, etc and I have to remember that.

Also, my "Book on CD" of The Beck Diet Solution, came yesterday, so I started listening to it on my 45 minute commute this morning. I think it might help too. Plus this forum is amazing support as well.

Thanks to you all. Happy Thursday (although it is my Friday - taking tomorrow off - need a day away from here!!!)
Old 03-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #115  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Carol to you! So hard when everything is stressful! I like your plan to take a 3 day weekend - sometimes you just need a "me" day and to step away from everything. I'm figuring out when I can do that - not this weekend since we're having computer work done Friday and Saturday that I have to be in the office for. Boo!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Ruth Ann, I don't feel like I have had a very positive attitude lately, work is getting the best of me, and I trying not to let it. Yesterday, after I vented my frustration to my coach (who is a great person and coach) and he basically said (the same thing everyone else here has said) - keep working and it will come off. Then I had a "stern conversation" with myself on the way home and told myself to get over it and focus on the positive. Coach pointed out how far I had come, etc and I have to remember that.

Also, my "Book on CD" of The Beck Diet Solution, came yesterday, so I started listening to it on my 45 minute commute this morning. I think it might help too. Plus this forum is amazing support as well.

Thanks to you all. Happy Thursday (although it is my Friday - taking tomorrow off - need a day away from here!!!)
I bought the downloadable Beck Book & put it on my iPhone. It is HUGELY helpful, esp when the negativity at work gets the better of me.

I'm back to "killing them with kindness" after trying to ignore them for a while. Ignoring them just stressed me out more. I know how we feel is all in our own heads and we will do whatever we make up our minds to do.

When I see people cheating or waffling about cheating, I figure this is what they've made up their minds to do. Some can be talked down. Others need to be set free to continue their primrose path. I have no rose colored glasses. This $#** is HARD work and it messes with your mind if you let it. (song lyrics came to me: "take your soul if you let them, but don't you let them").

Carol: You have friends!!! Compadres on the journey.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-20-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hello everyone! Its nice to hear of all the success that continues with you all and the positive spirit on this thread! Well, maintenance is going good so far. Its been 5 days. I continue to maintain! That last lb to lose will come, I'm not stressing about it though. I'm so happy to be exercising again! My husband and I joined a gym and it feels good to move! But, my poor body has been sore, its getting better though. Every day is about making the right choices and not eating out of boredom or mindlessly. IP has taught me how to make good choices and look after my body with healthy food. Its great!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #118  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Happy First Day of Spring!

Sadly, the tummy flu hit my classroom (in a most spectacular fashion). I was grateful to have a spare pair of shoes on hand to change into, but did not need a spare set of clothes

Pre IP, I would have come home and wipe the memories of the day with a glass (or two of wine). BUT I'M NOT EVEN TEMPTED! Staying strong, 100%. Instead, I'm enjoying a sparkling water, and will switch to an herbal tea after dinner.

But I just may try a bite of grass -it is finally beginning to turn green
Old 03-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 193/173/150

Height: 5'4"

I had to laugh at the grass comments.... I visited a friend in Texas a few years ago who suffers from candida and every day we went to a juice bar where she bought a shot of wheat grass. She talked me into trying it, and I have to say it tasted exactly like your lawn smells right after mowing it! I don't know how she does it!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:21 AM   #120  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hawaii - glad to hear maintenance it going well! yeah, it does hurt when you first get back at exercise - I told my PT guy yesterday that he likes his job just a little too much!

TurtleMom - that does not sound like fun. Good for you for staying OP! I really think it's days like that when we still stay 100% that show us just how strong we are. If we can stay OP through some really stressful situations, then the next bad situation to come our way doesn't look so daunting.

Be sure your grass is 0/0/0 before grazing!

vtcowgirl - I've smelled that stuff and don't know how people do it either. I guess not breathing while drinking?
Closed Thread