Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #61  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
I'm waiting till I'm on maintenance to eat dragon -it just isn't any good unless you can slather it in BBQ sauce.

I have a bunch of Walk Away the Pounds DVDs! The sad thing is that I don't have a functioning DVD player I figured at least the squats & push ups can be done anywhere. My students would find it VERY entertaining to see me suddenly start doing push ups. They would then join me, and I would start laughing hysterically (because have you ever seen a preschooler do push ups?) The hysterical laughter would distract me enough that I would forget what I was wanting to stuff in my face -mission accomplished! Quite the plan, eh?

Welcome aboard MsGracie!
LOL I love preschool push ups! I have 27 little ones (three classes) and we have lot's of fun with silly things like push ups, plus my 2 little ones at home do push ups when they say "I can't" but no matter how funny they are they are still better at it than me at this point, lol but yoga and planking is helping.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

I have to vent for a moment...

I was at work the other day and a lady I know came up to say Hi and asked if all that I had done was take sugar out of my diet and I kind of explained it to her a little more and she says "you should put your daughter on that diet" *big breath* My daughter is NINE. She will have a weight problem because that lucky little girl inherited my genes BUT this diet is NOT for a child and I just felt that she was SO rude. This lady is defiantly an EGR (Extra Grace Required) individual and this happened a few days ago and I usually do not hang onto stuff like this, it is just really irritating me!
Old 03-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #63  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post

I was at work the other day and a lady I know came up to say Hi and asked if all that I had done was take sugar out of my diet and I kind of explained it to her a little more and she says "you should put your daughter on that diet" *big breath* My daughter is NINE. She will have a weight problem because that lucky little girl inherited my genes BUT this diet is NOT for a child and I just felt that she was SO rude. This lady is defiantly an EGR (Extra Grace Required) individual and this happened a few days ago and I usually do not hang onto stuff like this, it is just really irritating me!
I don't think I would have handled that gracefully so kudos to you! I would have bit her head off for talking about my child like that!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #64  

Whoa. I would have been arrested!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Today is 30 days, no cheating... I have had some seriously close moments, I wasn't sure if I'd make it through last weekend, and yesterday and today were hard because I have this stomach bug but thanks to a lot of support from this site and all of these wonderful people I think I'm going to survive and be 100% still. It's not always easy but I just have to remember my goal.
So much of it is in the mindset
When we tell ourselves it is not easy or it is hard, we experience it differently than when we look at it as easier or something we can do! When we say things like "I hope I can" we allow the mind to consider failure as an option.

I love Yoda: Do or do not. There is no try.

I know I harp on it a lot but it is because the positiveness is important to our well being and to our success!

So, if you'll allow me to use your statements above, reframe/state in the positive. (not picking on you, per se, just borrowing your post. Thanks in advance)

Instead of "I wasn't sure if I'd make it through last weekend"
say: I faced the weekend challenge with strength and courage and made it through 100%

Instead of "yesterday and today were hard because I have this stomach bug"
say: The stomach bug is another hurdle but I've made it this far, I'm not going to let the stomach bug stop me.

Instead of " I think I'm going to survive"
Say: I will survive.

Instead of "It's not always easy but I just have to remember my goal"
Say: It is all easier than I thought it would be!

The words we use in our own head & the way we talk to ourselves are a huge part of our success! Congrats on your 30 days 100% OP (stated positively!)

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-18-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #66  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
LOL I love preschool push ups! I have 27 little ones (three classes) and we have lot's of fun with silly things like push ups, plus my 2 little ones at home do push ups when they say "I can't" but no matter how funny they are they are still better at it than me at this point, lol but yoga and planking is helping.

Don't forget the jumping jacks! I quickly learned how to dodge those flailing limbs when they try them. Do you do yoga with your kids? Mine love it (both personal & professional kids). I keep telling myself we should do it more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post

Whatwhatwhat? I would not have been graceful about that interaction!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #67  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Today is day 20 of P1 and I have been OP 100% the whole time. I'm determined that this will work for me. I've seen it work for all of you. I can do this.
Yes, you can! Congrats to being 20 days on P1 100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGracie View Post
!...I am hoping to hang out here if that is OK? I am pretty new and I need to do this 100%. It is my first time and I want to make it work!!
Welcome! MsGracie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
I'm waiting till I'm on maintenance to eat dragon -it just isn't any good unless you can slather it in BBQ sauce.!
Haha!

Quote:
Today is 30 days, no cheating... I have had some seriously close moments,...thanks to a lot of support from this site and all of these wonderful people I think I'm going to survive and be 100% still. It's not always easy but I just have to remember my goal.
Awesome, Amber!!

I agree, Lisa! It's all in our perspective! I'm completely enjoying my reboot time on P1. The good news is that it's temporary. But I really enjoying eating my broc and cheese soup with sautéed mushrooms, garlic, and red peppers. Yummy! And enjoying all of my P1 foods. We are so lucky to have these tools!

Today was my first official WI with the coach. I'm down 5 pounds! I moved my goal to 120, so I've got 9 more to lose. I guess I had more than 10. So glad I caught it when I did!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good evening all

just popping in to say hi and read up on what's happening - you're all such an inspiration - I'm finishing off day #52 and I've been on it 100% - for me that's the only way I can go on this - I've been losing a little over 2 lbs a week and I feel great - I just wanted to come by and say thank you all for being here.

we can do this we're worth it

maureen
Old 03-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #69  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

My usual weigh in is tmo but I can't go. Since my clinic is in my doc's office there are no nights open this week. I didn't think it would matter but it really does. I've been 100% OP but my scale at home hasn't even budged a whole pound! I get it for those with little to lose but I have LOTS to go. This is a lot of money to spend and not feel success. The only body part I see shrinking are my boobs!

Does it ever go slow and then all of a sudden go big? Last week was only 2 lbs too. Tomorrow will be five weeks. I've given up my cleaning lady for this!
Old 03-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #70  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

ChipnDip - (cute name!) If I'm reading your stats correctly you've lost 22 lbs in five weeks which averages out to about 4.5 lbs a week. That is an awesome loss! Remember, when you weigh in it's just a snapshot of that particular moment and so many things can effect the scale. TOM, water weight, etc., etc.

And yes, I have times where I stay static for a week or two and then, boom, I drop a bunch. You've had a large loss in the last few weeks, sometimes it takes your body a bit to catch up. Just hang in there, stay 100% OP and the weight will come off.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
My usual weigh in is tmo but I can't go. Since my clinic is in my doc's office there are no nights open this week. I didn't think it would matter but it really does. I've been 100% OP but my scale at home hasn't even budged a whole pound! I get it for those with little to lose but I have LOTS to go. This is a lot of money to spend and not feel success. The only body part I see shrinking are my boobs!

Does it ever go slow and then all of a sudden go big? Last week was only 2 lbs too. Tomorrow will be five weeks. I've given up my cleaning lady for this!
Weeks four and/or five are pretty notorious for a slow down or zero loss.. your body has gone through a major change for several weeks and needs time to adjust itself. Often when the pound losses slow or stop, you are instead losing inches. Has your coach been weighing you?

Do your clothes feel looser? Your face look thinner? Energy better? Less aches? ETC ETC... Often there are subtle things happening on non-loss weeks but we get so focused on the number on the scale we forget to look for other happenings?

IF you are 100% OP then you can be assured the losses will pick up, and maybe even have a whoosh in your near future!!

Last edited by JLUS; 03-18-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #72  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Weeks four and/or five are pretty notorious for a slow down or zero loss.. your body has gone through a major change for several weeks and needs time to adjust itself. Often when the pound losses slow or stop, you are instead losing inches. Has your coach been weighing you?

Do your clothes feel looser? Your face look thinner? Energy better? Less aches? ETC ETC... Often there are subtle things happening on non-loss weeks but we get so focused on the number on the scale we forget to look for other happenings?

IF you are 100% OP then you can be assured the losses will pick up, and maybe even have a whoosh in your near future!!
And what she said!

You always give the best answers! You are awesome!
Old 03-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #73  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
So much of it is in the mindset
When we tell ourselves it is not easy or it is hard, we experience it differently than when we look at it as easier or something we can do! When we say things like "I hope I can" we allow the mind to consider failure as an option.

I love Yoda: Do or do not. There is no try.

I know I harp on it a lot but it is because the positiveness is important to our well being and to our success!

So, if you'll allow me to use your statements above, reframe/state in the positive. (not picking on you, per se, just borrowing your post. Thanks in advance)

Instead of "I wasn't sure if I'd make it through last weekend"
say: I faced the weekend challenge with strength and courage and made it through 100%

Instead of "yesterday and today were hard because I have this stomach bug"
say: The stomach bug is another hurdle but I've made it this far, I'm not going to let the stomach bug stop me.

Instead of " I think I'm going to survive"
Say: I will survive.

Instead of "It's not always easy but I just have to remember my goal"
Say: It is all easier than I thought it would be!

The words we use in our own head & the way we talk to ourselves are a huge part of our success! Congrats on your 30 days 100% OP (stated positively!)
You're absolutely right!
Old 03-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #74  
AmberLS

[QUOTE=TurtleMom;4966043]Don't forget the jumping jacks! I quickly learned how to dodge those flailing limbs when they try them. Do you do yoga with your kids? Mine love it (both personal & professional kids). I keep telling myself we should do it more often.

we do yoga as a warm up before any really hard work, it's part of our brain gym. I work at a developmental preschool so lot's of kiddo's with IEP's
Old 03-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #75  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post

I am just starting my fifth week, last week I lost two lbs, and this week the scale isn't moving much, I have been sick so we'll see but it seems common. I understand feeling frustrated, but I agree you need to look at the whole picture, 23lbs in 5 weeks is great!
Closed Thread