Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtpiemels View Post
!

Question: Is there a way to have the posts jump to the ones you haven't ready yet? It gets cumbersome scrolling through stuff you've read to get to the newer ones.
I have my feed set up to show last post first. Easier for me to scroll thru that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
I thought about trying to eat all 8 oz. of protein at dinner, but that sounds like so much! I've been reading tons of posts on this site, and some people split their protein up and some eat it all at dinner.
Know that previous versions of p1 had 6 oz of protein, raypther than 8.
My opinion is that coaches telling you not to split are going with their training b/c they really don't know anything else. Most have very little "other" training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Yay! A buddy!! At 20lbs, people are really beginning to notice now and some of my work dresses are actually getting rather flappy! And for the first time ever in, oh at least the last 10 years, I'm in the 160's. Whoop whoop! What's your goal weight? I put down 145 but I actually have no idea what I'm going to look like at that weight. Guess we will find out in the not so distant future!!
We are ALL Your buddies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcjaug View Post
Hello everyone. I am Courtney from New Orleans. I just started IP on 02/20/14. I have tried other diets in the past and am tired of the yo-yo. I am hoping that this will be the start to a finish of my weight loss journey. So far I am enjoying the diet and not finding it too difficult. Well, it is Mardi Gras here so I am missing out on my King Cake!!! The biggest problem I am having is the veggies. I do not like a lot of veggies and most of the ones I do like, I can't have. I go for my first WI tomorrow and am hoping for some additional motivation.
#1. You'll soon learn you're missing nothing and gaining SO MUCH!
#2 first post of this thread has lots of recipe links. Veggie purées are great ways to get veggies in until you get used to them. Soon, you'll want more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Kinda cool NSV...
I was talking about rings with a friend (one who is getting engaged soon we think) and she looked at my fingers (because I had just commented on buying a new purity ring) and she said "Deana!! Your fingers are so small!" and I really wish I had taken pictures of my hands before and after kind of deal, because my fingers really are shrinking!
To prove this, I started out by wearing a size 11 ring for many years... I decided since I was seriously considering this new purity ring, that I was going to get my ring finger sized at Walmart when I was there.... I asked the lady, and the first one she tried on was a little loose, so she dropped it a size, and low and behold, I am now a REGULAR size 8!!! I dropped 4 ring sizes! How crazy is that! I'm so glad that I didnt already have rings I needed to get re sized!

Had so many NSV's lately! I will have to take a picture of myself in the dress that I just got (Spanx are amazing) They shoved me into a size 16! I haven't been in a 16 in at least 10 years I think...
I love Spanx too. Between loose skin and loose rolls caused by the weight loss, they are a godsend. Congrats on your NSV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I'm jumping on the CALM bandwagon!

For those in the states, how much do you pay for the 16oz size? I'm seeing a wide range of prices between GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon, etc.
I get mine from Vitacost. I buy their brand. It isn't flavored so I add some true lime & just shoot it down. Less expensive! I think it's called tranquil or tranquility
Old 02-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #77  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Nola did you find your anxiety worsened on ip. The reason I ask is that I deal with general anxiety daily and the occasional panic attack and have found that ideal protein can make it go through the roof! Is this something you have dealt with prior to joining...I hope you aren't offended at my asking

I also have generalized anxiety disorder, I've found that since being on IP it's actually better. Less panic attacks, taking my meds only once a day.
I generally feel better on IP.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I also have generalized anxiety disorder, I've found that since being on IP it's actually better. Less panic attacks, taking my meds only once a day.
Nola you look amazing You have such a healthy glow on your face
Old 02-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtpiemels View Post
Morning everyone!

Question: Is there a way to have the posts jump to the ones you haven't ready yet? It gets cumbersome scrolling through stuff you've read to get to the newer ones.
There is a little icon (like a pixelated letter V) to the left of the thread title. If you click on it, it will take you to just about where you left off. This board seems to be a bit quirky in its function compared to other boards I frequent, though, so this button isn't always perfect. May need to scroll up a few posts to get to exactly where you left off.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I am feeling much better this reboot than I have in the past...previously when I did IP back in 2012 until I reached goal I was a wreck some days. I am feeling soooo much better mentally this time around.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 195/169/160

Height: 5'9"

Day 5 OP. Feeling great! Cravings are starting to disappear and I'm dealing much better with the no nos around me and the scale is definitely going down

However, last night I went to Bootcamp. My coach warned me about working out and I should have listened. Felt like crap the entire hour! No energy, hard to catch my breath, little strength. I cannot believe how your body reacts to the lack of food-fuel.

But not working out isn't an option for me. I am willing to scale it back for sure, but for those of you who do exercise: How long after starting OP did you start back at it; How do you fuel your body befor and after; and Do you find it helped or hindered your weight loss?

I am a runner and have four races already booked for this year, first on May 11. Would rather not lose all of the training I've done thus far if possible
Old 02-26-2014, 10:44 AM   #82  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

Haven't been on here in a few days and I have missed you guys!! Everyone is so encouraging and I love to view the success of others as well as my own. I am so glad I found this forum. Hope everyone has a great day, WI is tonight after work!!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myshylo View Post
But not working out isn't an option for me. I am willing to scale it back for sure, but for those of you who do exercise: How long after starting OP did you start back at it; How do you fuel your body befor and after; and Do you find it helped or hindered your weight loss?
I didn't waste any time diving into yoga. Did that steadily (2x week) from the beginning. I recently switched gyms. The new one offers pilates. I had never taken that before. I love it! I feel like I'm doing more than I do in yoga but not too much. There is an exercise thread that goes more in depth on peoples individual experiences with exercise. I know there are people who do it but add packets. I choose to keep the exercise low enough to where I don't need a packet.

Good Luck!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

Just ended my first week on IP yesterday. It went well, lost 9 lbs! However, I have a terrible headhach since yesterday morning... it's getting pretty annoying... strangely, it makes me want something very fatty.... I have no problem drinking my water... any ideas what to do?

My coach suggested putting sea salt in a glass of water... any of you know if that works?

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicnana View Post
Just ended my first week on IP yesterday. It went well, lost 9 lbs! However, I have a terrible headhach since yesterday morning... it's getting pretty annoying... strangely, it makes me want something very fatty.... I have no problem drinking my water... any ideas what to do?

My coach suggested putting sea salt in a glass of water... any of you know if that works?

Thanks!
When I get a headache these days, it's either my contacts bothering me or lack of salt! I pour salt in my hand, lick it up and take a shot of water. It's like tequila. almost. just not as fun.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

No tequila? Bummer.... lol

Thank you ems! I will try it immediately!
Old 02-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicnana View Post
No tequila? Bummer.... lol

Thank you ems! I will try it immediately!

Yeah, don't think tequila is on phase 1....lol. Imagine if they made margarita flavored drinks. Like instead of the granata drink mix it was margarita!
Old 02-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Day 8 of the flu - oh, leave my body, please!

I know weighing every day can be a challenge, but I have learned to handle it with logic and some degree of patience.

That being said, I am anxious to cross into Onederland. I have been sitting right on the edge for a while, but I know that being sick really screws up the body and water retention and inflammation and all.

So my fingers are crossed that I can be up and around for an entire day AND cross into Onederland!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 236/236/179

Height: 5'4

Hi. I weighing in tomorrow for the second time since starting ideal protein. I'm feeling very depressed. I've never chopped, measured and weighed food as much as I have the past 2 weeks. But I've enjoyed it. I've enjoyed trying new things. Ive enjoyed seeing my kids try new things too. But still feel unhealthy and depressed. No difference in my clothes even after the 8.5 lose the first week. My brother said where'd you lose it? I'm 40 so that shouldn't bother me but it does. Encouragement welcomed.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #90  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aecker4 View Post
Hi. I weighing in tomorrow for the second time since starting ideal protein. I'm feeling very depressed. I've never chopped, measured and weighed food as much as I have the past 2 weeks. But I've enjoyed it. I've enjoyed trying new things. Ive enjoyed seeing my kids try new things too. But still feel unhealthy and depressed. No difference in my clothes even after the 8.5 lose the first week. My brother said where'd you lose it? I'm 40 so that shouldn't bother me but it does. Encouragement welcomed.
I don't post often, mostly lurk time to time when I am on a small reboot.

Don't get discouraged. I started at 224 lbs and am 5'5". It took about 20 lbs or more for me to change sizes initially. My waist just refused to budge, and most of the weight came off my rear. I had saggy bottom pants for a long time and then all of a sudden I was changing pant sizes every 6 weeks. Don't worry, you'll be at that point soon enough.

Most people didn't notice I lost weight at all until about 40 lbs lost.
Closed Thread