Old 02-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #151  

Sunflower, I am cheering you on! I know you can do this. I TOTALLY understand the not losing thing despite being OP and feeling defeated in a way because when the scale moves it keeps the momentum going. However, I am confident that you will get there soon. I think you have a lot to celebrate already because you have lost close to 20lbs which is amazing! Congrats on that.

I was speaking with my mom this weekend, who is a diet pro, and been on everything imaginable...including IP (she had success but slow) and she said that a cheat day/meal can be a good idea to not only relieve some of the mental exhaustion that comes with dieting but also can be helpful in mixing it up. While you may see a 1lb gain, it may kick start your body to work on those carbs/fats. She and I were talking about why the scale has not moved for me and she suggested giving it a shot to see if anything happens.

Good for you for picking back up OP and setting a new mini goal. I will say that when I did IP the first time around in 2012 my coach was not allowing me restricted...in fact I had no idea what they were until I was snooping around on here and went back and asked her. She said she doesn't like to use them b/c people loose more. Anyways, give it a shot. I think you will have some success!

Remember we all want this for you! Go girl!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:53 AM   #152  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

No idea how, but I made it through the weekend. I went for my weigh in Friday after work and was only down 0.2 lbs. I swear our scales are so far off! My second weigh in my scale said 0.8 and she told me 2. Friday I thought I was down 1.8 and she says only 0.2! Oh well. After that I was so tempted to go grab some candy but I went home and ate one of the new unrestricted salt and vinegar chips (pretty good for an unrestricted!) and took a nap! Haha. Woke up, had supper then met some girlfriends for tea and then it was bedtime! Usually if I can get through Friday evening the cravings subside on Saturday and by Sunday they're gone again.
If I can have two good weigh ins, I should be under 125 by the 7th of March and I'm gonna phase off.

I've signed up for a fitness program that starts middle of March and have an appointment with a dietician next Wednesday to get me better prepared for maintenance this time around!

Sunflower - even if your dress comes in before May, put off trying it on for a couple weeks if you want. Just make sure you try it on when your confidence is up! You should feel your best in your wedding gown and if you're having a crummy day, maybe postpone it!

I have an appointment to try my dress on for my mom in March. It's not actually my dress, but one the store had ordered in for someone who eventually backed out of buying it. It's one size bigger than I ordered, so hopefully it's a smidge loose! When I tried it on in September it fit almost perfect so hopefully I've lost enough inches that the size down will be the proper size!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

thanks everyone for their support
that lb is still sticking to me, weighed the same today, I think I actually like the idea of weighing everyday for a week, would be interesting to see what it says tomorrow.
KNM you're so close to goal!! way to go. Were you at 125 before? I think it's great you're going to see a dietician, I have no interest in IP maintenance. How did you find out about this dietician? is it through a hospital/clinic?
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #154  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Sunflower, I am cheering you on! I know you can do this. I TOTALLY understand the not losing thing despite being OP and feeling defeated in a way because when the scale moves it keeps the momentum going. However, I am confident that you will get there soon. I think you have a lot to celebrate already because you have lost close to 20lbs which is amazing! Congrats on that.

I was speaking with my mom this weekend, who is a diet pro, and been on everything imaginable...including IP (she had success but slow) and she said that a cheat day/meal can be a good idea to not only relieve some of the mental exhaustion that comes with dieting but also can be helpful in mixing it up. While you may see a 1lb gain, it may kick start your body to work on those carbs/fats. She and I were talking about why the scale has not moved for me and she suggested giving it a shot to see if anything happens.

Good for you for picking back up OP and setting a new mini goal. I will say that when I did IP the first time around in 2012 my coach was not allowing me restricted...in fact I had no idea what they were until I was snooping around on here and went back and asked her. She said she doesn't like to use them b/c people loose more. Anyways, give it a shot. I think you will have some success!

Remember we all want this for you! Go girl!
I don't know if the cheat meals worked for me, because I had more than one that day plus the scale still says I'm up a lb. Going to try and drink more water and see if that helps. I drank so much yesterday but I was home and could afford to pee every 20 mins. At work I don't have that luxury. My coach said she has not noticed a difference for those who go on no restricteds, I think I will cut back on them and see though, if only for the rest of the week. I feel more hungry without them.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #155  

my new goal: no cheating until I get to goal!! I have 9 weeks until my dress gets here. That's 9 weeks to lose 9 lbs. I want to get into the groove and stay there. The cheating sets me back by too many days/weeks!!! it's just not worth it. The faster I get there, the quicker I can phase off.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Weigh in today down 2.4 met my first goal exceeding 55 lbs yeahhh !!!
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #157  

yay congratulations to you!! what an achievement
Old 02-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
my new goal: no cheating until I get to goal!! I have 9 weeks until my dress gets here. That's 9 weeks to lose 9 lbs. I want to get into the groove and stay there. The cheating sets me back by too many days/weeks!!! it's just not worth it. The faster I get there, the quicker I can phase off.
Excellent Plan Sunflower. You can do it
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:59 AM   #159  

Quote:
yay congratulations to you!! what an achievement
Thank you sunflower!!! :
Old 02-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #160  
knm

Quote:
thanks everyone for their support
that lb is still sticking to me, weighed the same today, I think I actually like the idea of weighing everyday for a week, would be interesting to see what it says tomorrow.
KNM you're so close to goal!! way to go. Were you at 125 before? I think it's great you're going to see a dietician, I have no interest in IP maintenance. How did you find out about this dietician? is it through a hospital/clinic?
Thanks Sunflower! I was at 123.6 last year. That was my lowest. I'd really like to get there but with less than 2 weeks left I'm not sure that's realistic, which is why I set 125 as my goal! Maybe if I can lose during phase 3 I can get there!

How was the scale for you today?

The dietician is actually just through the gym I signed up at. I had my doctor refer me to one before at the hospital but she basically just told me to follow the Canada food guide. This lady seems like she deals with people wanting to lose weight since she works at the gym and can help me develop a good plan that can help me either lose or at least maintain weight while working out. I'm not sure what is required to be certified, but she did say that she can give me a receipt and I checked and my health plan at work covers it, so even better!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #161  

that's a great idea knm. I might consider doing that once I reach goal, if ever that happens. I had a really good day again yesterday but the scale still shows 140( still 4 full days left before my WI so there is time. Trying to drink more water.

So did you regain the entire weight and was back up to 142? because I can't remember ever seeing that number on your ticker. Your stats give me hope, that us short people can get into the 120's on IP. I would never imagine I would get there on WW. The Canada Food guide allows too many carbs/sugar IMO. For me to excel at weight loss I need to cut back on carbs. I am thinking more along the line of southbeach. You'r allowed some legumes, which I love, lean proteins and some fruit. But will cross that bridge when I get there. I have a ways to go.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:51 AM   #162  

I'm trying to figure out where I want my goal to be. I'm one of those people that is truly big boned so I hold more weight then the average. The 14's I was thrilled to fit into have become to big so I'll be in 12's for dress paints and 10/11 for jeans soon and I'm 5.8". I originally had 170 then uped it to 180. Guess I'll get there and decide... 17 lbs to go.

So what happen to all the others on this thread ?? Haven't heard from a lot of you in quite a while? ;( did you reach goal??

Last edited by kcdoe; 02-26-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #163  

I am still here plugging along. Didn't get on the scale today so I am not sure whats up but yesterday I was at 132 so 7lbs away from goal. Today is day 22 and I am hoping that I can phase off soon...maybe two more weeks until I get these last lbs off. How is everyone else doing? I am thinking of ordering online from Nashua...anyone else done this. I have not used a coach in over a year...I just go in to buy food.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #164  
knm

Quote:
that's a great idea knm. I might consider doing that once I reach goal, if ever that happens. I had a really good day again yesterday but the scale still shows 140( still 4 full days left before my WI so there is time. Trying to drink more water.

So did you regain the entire weight and was back up to 142? because I can't remember ever seeing that number on your ticker. Your stats give me hope, that us short people can get into the 120's on IP. I would never imagine I would get there on WW. The Canada Food guide allows too many carbs/sugar IMO. For me to excel at weight loss I need to cut back on carbs. I am thinking more along the line of southbeach. You'r allowed some legumes, which I love, lean proteins and some fruit. But will cross that bridge when I get there. I have a ways to go.
When I started again at the end of Jan I was just under 136 lbs. So I didn't gain EVERYTHING back, but enough! I know lots of it was water weight since I had such a big first week, but it still wasn't okay for me to get that high! It was my own fault though. I can't blame the program because I've never followed maintenance properly.

I can tell I'm getting close to goal because every day I think, I'm close enough and cravings start wandering into my head! I only have 10 days left of P1 and need to stay strong!
Old 02-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #165  

you can do this KNM, you have done so well!!
I'm still plugging along, the scale did show 139 this morning, atleast I thought I saw that number lol. I was so tired when I woke up. Very exhausted yesterday, thinking I might of had some carb withdrawals again? not sure what it was. But starting to take my pills more as well. I took them the last 2 days. Last week I didn't take them 5 days.

I ordered some bbq sauce from lowcarbcanada and it was delivered in no time. I ordered 3 bottles of the Guys BBQ sauce. Much better than Walden Farms. Otherwise I just use IP products.

knm I'm curious on what the dietician tells you. Please share with us.