Old 06-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I just tried this with the Cinnamon Roll. I cut the bar into 8 pieces and baked for 7 minutes at 350 but I didn't flip and cook for another 1-2. They were quite good. Only thing I would add is to keep them on the parchment paper. As they cooled, they stuck to the plate!
In that case, my pride would not keep me from moving that plate right up to my 'ole face and licking the cookies off! Not dignified so maybe best done in private?
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #362  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
In that case, my pride would not keep me from moving that plate right up to my 'ole face and licking the cookies off! Not dignified so maybe best done in private?
Been there. Done that.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-07-2014 at 05:45 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #363  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hahaha! That is exactly what I am doing right now! I made cookies with a Vanilla Almond Quest bar, and they are so delicious that I might have to lick the plate.
mainemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Ha Ha! How did you know what I was doing?
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #365  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

I warm my quest bars in the microwave on a piece of wax paper. YEP...I lick that wax paper every time also!!!!!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #366  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank goodness for Quest Bars. I had one yesterday and kept thinking " this is too good to be true". I always feel like I'm cheating when I have one.
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:26 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 154/124/125

Height: 5'3.5

After reading thru this thread I am unable to locate the answer to this question.

Which specific quest bar is closest in nutritional value to a restricted IP bar?
Rruthlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:40 PM   #368  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rruthlyn View Post
After reading thru this thread I am unable to locate the answer to this question.

Which specific quest bar is closest in nutritional value to a restricted IP bar?
All the Quest bars vary in their nutritional values based on flavors. There are a few that are too high in fat and a few that are neatly unrestricted (namely strawberry cheesecake and choc peanu butter). My favs are cookies n cream, brownie and cinnamin roll as standard restricted. The DELICIOUS choc chip cookie dough one is a little high in fat - so i only eat one a week. Go to the Alternate products thread to get info on what to look for. Amazon has the nutrtional breakdown of Quest Bars and possibly Quest.com . HTH!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 173/173/128

Height: 5' 6"

Are we allowed quest bars on IP??
Mj9317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:56 AM   #370  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mj9317 View Post
Many people use alternative products to save cost.

Several of the Quest bars match nutritional guidelines for a restricted bar (not all of them do, however, so read this thread carefully)

Your coach will tell you "no" because they are selling a program and a product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rruthlyn View Post

Go to this post for that answer (post 225 on this thread)
It is easier to say which ones do NOT meet the guidelines.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-25-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:56 AM   #371  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yes, Quest bars are allowed. Are you doing alternatives? I think most people that eat them are doing IP alternatives so, a Quest bars is used as an alternative to an IP food.
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #372  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I throw them in the mix here and there as well as the Quest Chips. I'm still seeing losses on the scale and my clinic isn't upset that I'm ordering a little less from them each week.
kissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #373  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Definitely! I don't know what I'd do without my Quest bars! I choose to get the "natural" bars (they are sweetened with Stevia instead of sucralose), and my 3 favs are strawberry cheesecake, cinnamon roll, and coconut cashew. I have one every day - half in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. They satisfy my sweet tooth and are pretty filling, too!
karkrazy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

So, I got a sampler box of the 100% natural bars last week and have been incorporating them into my plan (mostly IP with alternates to avoid soy and sucralose). Never more than 1 a day (as my restricted) and no more than 2 days in a row.

#1--they are GOOD! Way better to my taste than the IP bars I've tried.
#2--I find them very filling and satisfying
#3--I've experienced a bit of what Lisa referred to as "tasting like more" (love that!) but haven't really struggled with overindulgance
#4--I have found myself WAY more hungry between meals than I was before. Haven;t had any issued with hunger (sometimes wanting to eat, but not hunger ) since the first 3 days, and the bars are the only change I made.

So, out of curiosity (and because I am a total data nerd!) I ran a blood sugar profile on one this morning (fasting glucose to start, then a reading every 1/2 hour for 2 hours after eating the peanut butter chocolate bar)

My profile looked like this: 92/114/146/124/119

So, I got a significant blood sugar spike (but no hypoglycemic reaction) from eating the bar. This *may* help explain my increased hunger/cravings since adding the bars. The scale has also stopped going down, but we all know that 5 days is NOT a stall so I'm not really taking that into account.

Things to keep in mind:
- My fasting number was a bit on the high side (not sure if this is atypical for me as I don't monitor regularly--I'm not diabetic)
- Logically, the stevia shouldn't have produced such a spike... artificial sweeteners aren't supposed to either, but the meter doesn't lie.
- This is ONE test on ONE person; certainly not generalizable. But potentially interesting.

I am not in ANY way suggesting this will happen to everyone--Quest Bars have obviously served many people on this forum *very* well (and heaven knows I enjoyed them ) Just wanted to share my experience for others who may experience similar effects and be looking for a possible explanation.

(I plan to run a profile on one of the really low carb IP foods tomorrow and see how that compares)
sarajoyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #375  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajoyus View Post
So, I got a sampler box of the 100% natural bars last week and have been incorporating them into my plan (mostly IP with alternates to avoid soy and sucralose). Never more than 1 a day (as my restricted) and no more than 2 days in a row.

#1--they are GOOD! Way better to my taste than the IP bars I've tried.
#2--I find them very filling and satisfying
#3--I've experienced a bit of what Lisa referred to as "tasting like more" (love that!) but haven't really struggled with overindulgance
#4--I have found myself WAY more hungry between meals than I was before. Haven;t had any issued with hunger (sometimes wanting to eat, but not hunger ) since the first 3 days, and the bars are the only change I made.

So, out of curiosity (and because I am a total data nerd!) I ran a blood sugar profile on one this morning (fasting glucose to start, then a reading every 1/2 hour for 2 hours after eating the peanut butter chocolate bar)

My profile looked like this: 92/114/146/124/119

So, I got a significant blood sugar spike (but no hypoglycemic reaction) from eating the bar. This *may* help explain my increased hunger/cravings since adding the bars. The scale has also stopped going down, but we all know that 5 days is NOT a stall so I'm not really taking that into account.

Things to keep in mind:
- My fasting number was a bit on the high side (not sure if this is atypical for me as I don't monitor regularly--I'm not diabetic)
- Logically, the stevia shouldn't have produced such a spike... artificial sweeteners aren't supposed to either, but the meter doesn't lie.
- This is ONE test on ONE person; certainly not generalizable. But potentially interesting.

I am not in ANY way suggesting this will happen to everyone--Quest Bars have obviously served many people on this forum *very* well (and heaven knows I enjoyed them ) Just wanted to share my experience for others who may experience similar effects and be looking for a possible explanation.

(I plan to run a profile on one of the really low carb IP foods tomorrow and see how that compares)
How does that data compare to an IP bar in addition to one of the non-restricteds you'll test tomorrow?
How does it compare to your dinner?

Only when compared to other data is info like this meaningful.

Jimmy Moore & other well-known low carbers have found varying amounts of blood sugar impact with Quest Bars. As with other foods, YMMV. Some folks have quite a spike with whey protein in general. I actually bought some Casein powder because it supposedly has less immediate blood sugar impact.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-14-2014 at 02:38 PM.