Old 09-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

Very interesting about the whey protein, Lisa.

And I'm in full-on nerd mode now planning to try to isolate variables, just for my own knowledge of how *my* body responds (stevia vs. sucralose, whey vs. casein vs. soy vs. albumin, different dinner compositions, etc.)

Like you said, this is all REALLY individual.
sarajoyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #377  
maintaining since 9/2013

Default Where to buy Quest chips?

Hi, I'd appreciate any info on both brick & mortar stores & online sites that carry Quest chips, besides Quest's website. Thanks!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #378  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Hi, I'd appreciate any info on both brick & mortar stores & online sites that carry Quest chips, besides Quest's website. Thanks!
I haven't found them anywhere except on the Quest site. GNC says they "will" have them. Any of the other places I can get Quest bars don't have the chips yet.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #379  
maintaining since 9/2013

Thanks, Lisa!

Btw, Whole Foods in my area now carry a small selection of Quest bars, not sure if they do so nationwide. It's nice to be able to just buy one at a time & they're still cheaper (2.79) than IP. Chips and bars call out to me no matter where I hide them, so one at a time is optimal for me.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:14 PM   #380  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Thanks, Lisa!

Btw, Whole Foods in my area now carry a small selection of Quest bars, not sure if they do so nationwide. It's nice to be able to just buy one at a time & they're still cheaper (2.79) than IP. Chips and bars call out to me no matter where I hide them, so one at a time is optimal for me.
I have the same problem. Haven't seen them at my WF but my local grocery has limited flavors.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #381  

Default Quest cookies, have a variety as one snack

Having been 100 days on IP, I decided to venture out and buy alternatives simply for the sake of variety. I first bought the variety pack from Amazon. Now I buy them at GNC. I now cut up four different bars at a time into quarters. I place a variety of 4 quarters on a small baking sheet and bake them at 350 for about 10 to 12 minutes on a high rack in my oven(bottom burns on low rack). I eat them right out of the oven so they are hot, crispy on the outside and the chocolate pieces are melted on the inside. They rise just a little bit so the texture is slightly cake-ish. I store the other opened and pre-cut pieces in a ziplock back in my refrigerator. The chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies and cream and cinnamon roll are my favorite and to me, they are perfect for baking.
Nan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Quest Bar cookies....the best IP snack I have made.
Cut a quest bar into 6 pieces, place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. If you like crispy cookies, flip them for another 1-2 minutes..
Do they get hard when they cool? If I don't eat them right out of the microwave, they are too hard on my teeth.
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #383  

S/C/G: 189/162.5/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan57 View Post
. I place a variety of 4 quarters on a small baking sheet and bake them at 350 for about 10 to 12 minutes on a high rack in my oven(bottom burns on low rack).
I am going to GNC tonight and get a variety! Thanks for this recipe.
Taye168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:03 AM   #384  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosbabe View Post
Do they get hard when they cool? If I don't eat them right out of the microwave, they are too hard on my teeth.
Amy...sounds like you have been getting old bars. My experience (and I am addicted to Quest bars, so I've eaten A LOT of them, lol) is that even many that are WELL WITHIN the expiration date get hard and more like chewy taffy. The freshest ones have more of a texture of a warm brownie or a cookie right out of the oven. A nutrition store near me sells 12 bars at $2 a piece and has a GREAT variety. Unfortunately, some of them are hard and not that great even with a little nuking. A grocery store near me started carrying them, and even though they were about $.75 more, they were chewy and soft and AMAZING!

I heard ordering straight from Quest can often gaurantee fresh ones. One of my favorite things to do with both the Choc Chip Cookie Dough bar and the Strawberry Cheesecake bar was to nuke them for 8-10 seconds and then drizzle WF Choc Syrup of top. Mmmmmmm!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #385  

I also bake them in the oven but I cut them into about 8 pieces, so it feels like more to me on the plate. I bake them at 350 for 8 min. The come out somewhat crunchy on outside and soft on inside, perfect for me. Cutting them smaller they remind me of lady fingers after baking. I have them pretty much every night and haven't found one I didn't like.

I've also looked for the quest chips in stores but no luck. I've tried HEB, The Vitamin Store, and GNC. They all carry the bars but no chips.
AusTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:22 AM   #386  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTex View Post
I also bake them in the oven but I cut them into about 8 pieces, so it feels like more to me on the plate. I bake them at 350 for 8 min. The come out somewhat crunchy on outside and soft on inside, perfect for me. Cutting them smaller they remind me of lady fingers after baking. I have them pretty much every night and haven't found one I didn't like.

I've also looked for the quest chips in stores but no luck. I've tried HEB, The Vitamin Store, and GNC. They all carry the bars but no chips.
Loving my Quest bar cookies (specifically the apple bars)!!
Waiting for my banana nut to arrive....hoping for a yummy breakfast cookie!!

Just tried the Quest chips.....not a fan. Will stick with the Healthsmart protein Chips purchased at Nashua Nutrition. Also....purchased Quest bars at The Vitamin Shoppe FYI.....great price and free shipping (or I could go to their store since it's close). . YUM YUM YUM!!!!!

Last edited by disgal; 09-16-2014 at 05:45 AM.
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #387  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I'll be getting my second Quest order on Friday. Got a few of my faves (cinnamon roll & banana nut muffin, YUM!) and a few new ones that I didn't get the first time (cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter ). Was really tempted to order the coconut cashew because I love love love coconut, but held off as I know it's a bit higher than we should be having. Maybe in a later phase. Also got the cheddar and sour cream chips, looking forward to those! Getting a bit tired of the BBQ & Garlic Herb IP crisps.
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #388  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I'll be getting my second Quest order on Friday. Got a few of my faves (cinnamon roll & banana nut muffin, YUM!) and a few new ones that I didn't get the first time (cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter ). Was really tempted to order the coconut cashew because I love love love coconut, but held off as I know it's a bit higher than we should be having. Maybe in a later phase. Also got the cheddar and sour cream chips, looking forward to those! Getting a bit tired of the BBQ & Garlic Herb IP crisps.
Actually, cookie dough is more of a super restricted than plain restricted
Old 09-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #389  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I have been eating Chocolate Brownie Quest Bars since I started. The last two weeks I started to have the absolute worst pain in my chest. I actually thought the first time that I was having a heart attack. I have the same routine after work each day. I have my snack at 2:00 after getting off work. I then usually head off to the store to get veggies or whatever I need. I noticed that everyday while in the store these pains started. It was so bad I was sweating and feeling this burning in my chest. I have suffered from acid all my adult life and GERD. I have only had pain this bad one other time in my life. After this happening for a week or so I figured out its the Quest Bar causing it. I have since stopped the Chocolate brownie and have been eating the Chocolate Peanut butter bar. I am hoping this doesn't happen with these ones because the Quest Bar is what gets me through the afternoon.
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #390  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I have been eating Chocolate Brownie Quest Bars since I started. The last two weeks I started to have the absolute worst pain in my chest. I actually thought the first time that I was having a heart attack. I have the same routine after work each day. I have my snack at 2:00 after getting off work. I then usually head off to the store to get veggies or whatever I need. I noticed that everyday while in the store these pains started. It was so bad I was sweating and feeling this burning in my chest. I have suffered from acid all my adult life and GERD. I have only had pain this bad one other time in my life. After this happening for a week or so I figured out its the Quest Bar causing it. I have since stopped the Chocolate brownie and have been eating the Chocolate Peanut butter bar. I am hoping this doesn't happen with these ones because the Quest Bar is what gets me through the afternoon.

What is in the bar that might be causing this issue???
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote