Old 11-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 179/154/130

Height: 5'7.5"

I tried the double chocolate chunk yesterday, and that is my new favorite. The guy at GNC told me it was his fav so I gave it a shot. Regardless of which one I have, I count it as my restricted, but find them super satisfying and they really tide me over way more than the IP restricteds.
Sally4397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #272  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally4397 View Post
I tried the double chocolate chunk yesterday, and that is my new favorite. The guy at GNC told me it was his fav so I gave it a shot. Regardless of which one I have, I count it as my restricted, but find them super satisfying and they really tide me over way more than the IP restricteds.
Me too! I love this flavor. I only recently tried Quest bars.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #273  

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjones View Post
chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter, peanut butter supreme, cinnamon roll
Those might be great for folks at goal but the Peanut Butter Supreme doesn't work for P1, with over 200 calories and over 30% fat.

Chocolate Chip Cookie dough is also over 30% fat, so I count it as super-restricted (once/week)

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-08-2013 at 09:26 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #274  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Bump
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:28 AM   #275  

Height: 5'4"

Looking forward to shopping for quest bars after reading this thread!
mckaren4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #276  
Re-start IP 1/1/14

S/C/G: 190/169/140

Height: 5'4"

Bought my first Quest bars today at GNC during my lunch break. I picked up 1 chocolate brownie, 1 strawberry cheesecake, and 1 chocolate peanut butter. The chocolate brownie one only has 5 net carbs! I fee so bad eating it. I'm not sure if I'll count it as restricted or not...technically it is, but I still can't get over eating something with 24g carbs...although it also has 19g fiber. Anyway, it was definitely hard as a brick when i first tried it, so I popped it in the microwave for 20 seconds and it's super soft and yummy. This could be a diet-changer for me.
Mom2Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:22 PM   #277  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Carter View Post
Bought my first Quest bars today at GNC during my lunch break. I picked up 1 chocolate brownie, 1 strawberry cheesecake, and 1 chocolate peanut butter. The chocolate brownie one only has 5 net carbs! I fee so bad eating it. I'm not sure if I'll count it as restricted or not...technically it is, but I still can't get over eating something with 24g carbs...although it also has 19g fiber. Anyway, it was definitely hard as a brick when i first tried it, so I popped it in the microwave for 20 seconds and it's super soft and yummy. This could be a diet-changer for me.
Sorry your quest bar was hard. Fresh ones are softer & pliable.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #278  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I was thinking about picking up some of these quest bars at GNC - just to have something different to have on hand. I am going to use all other IP products and this will be the only alternative i will use.

Are the cinnamon roll and strawberry cheesecake considered restricted or super restricted or non restricted? I notice that they have 20 g of protein. How does that work?

Thanks
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #279  

Repost of my previous post:

Here is the list I made again. I added the new flavors.

The Quest Coconut Cashew bars don't fit our IP profile for alts (or maybe you could call them Super-restricted and limit to once/week). They have too much fat. Take fat calories (60) multiply by 3 (no more than 1/3 calories from fat) and you can see that there are too many calories from fat in this bar. You'd want no more than 56 calories from fat to be less than 1/3
The other Quest Bars that don't work (based on fat content) or would be Super Restricted:
Vanilla Almond Crunch,
Mixed Berry Bliss,
Peanut Butter Supreme,
Peanut Butter & Jelly,
White Chocolate Raspberry,
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

All of the other Quest bars would be restricted. There are two that fall right on the edge between restricted & non (Choc Peanut butter & Strawberry Cheesecake). Fat cals are under 1/3 (but not way under) and they both have 8 g net carbs. I still personally call them restricted, altho some use them as nonrestricted. Make your decisions carefully and determine what works based on WIs.

most IP products have 12-18g protein so I use 20 as my upper limit for 1 pk

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-16-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #280  

Thanks Lisa. Hope you are feeling better
Old 01-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #281  

S/C/G: 137/119/120

Whole Foods sells the Quest bars for a lot cheaper than GNC. If you buy the box of 12, you get a discount too.
Iolani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #282  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Repost of my previous post:

Here is the list I made again. I added the new flavors.

The Quest Coconut Cashew bars don't fit our IP profile for alts (or maybe you could call them Super-restricted and limit to once/week). They have too much fat. Take fat calories (60) multiply by 3 (no more than 1/3 calories from fat) and you can see that there are too many calories from fat in this bar. You'd want no more than 56 calories from fat to be less than 1/3
The other Quest Bars that don't work (based on fat content) or would be Super Restricted:
Vanilla Almond Crunch,
Mixed Berry Bliss,
Peanut Butter Supreme,
Peanut Butter & Jelly,
White Chocolate Raspberry,
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

All of the other Quest bars would be restricted. There are two that fall right on the edge between restricted & non (Choc Peanut butter & Strawberry Cheesecake). Fat cals are under 1/3 (but not way under) and they both have 8 g net carbs. I still personally call them restricted, altho some use them as nonrestricted. Make your decisions carefully and determine what works based on WIs.

most IP products have 12-18g protein so I use 20 as my upper limit for 1 pk

So, I ordered one of the 12 pack variety's yesterday, and I got to thinking about this post. I had been looking at the alternative cheat sheet, and for some reason I was thinking up to 200 calories, which would make the majority of the bars unrestricted. However, after reading the posts here, I'm going to side with making these restricted, and some super restricted. So the thought that I was kind of bouncing around last night, for those bars that are pretty off from normal IP bars, could I split those in half, and eat over the course of 2 days and consider that 1/2 piece as unrestricted. What I haven't worked out yet is if I did that, would that be too far under what a normal IP unrestricted packet would be, since I doubt I could have a 1/2 bar plus a packet.

What are your thoughts?

I'm mostly concerned because I think I knocked myself out of Ketosis since I was starving last night, and I may have misread a label or something.
skinnybride2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:32 AM   #283  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iolani View Post
Whole Foods sells the Quest bars for a lot cheaper than GNC. If you buy the box of 12, you get a discount too.
Thanks Iolani - I don't have a Whole Foods real close to me or my work - but there is a GNC right next door. I am just going to pick up a couple of them right now, to see if I like them. If I do then I will make sure to go to Whole Foods to buy a box.

Happy Friday!
Old 01-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #284  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
So, I ordered one of the 12 pack variety's yesterday, and I got to thinking about this post. I had been looking at the alternative cheat sheet, and for some reason I was thinking up to 200 calories, which would make the majority of the bars unrestricted. However, after reading the posts here, I'm going to side with making these restricted, and some super restricted. So the thought that I was kind of bouncing around last night, for those bars that are pretty off from normal IP bars, could I split those in half, and eat over the course of 2 days and consider that 1/2 piece as unrestricted. What I haven't worked out yet is if I did that, would that be too far under what a normal IP unrestricted packet would be, since I doubt I could have a 1/2 bar plus a packet.

What are your thoughts?

I'm mostly concerned because I think I knocked myself out of Ketosis since I was starving last night, and I may have misread a label or something.
Non-restricted are mostly 80-150 calories and restricted are mostly 160-200.

You couldn't split it in half because then you wouldn't have enough protein.

I would stick with using the ones Lisa pointed out as your restricted for the day.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Non-restricted are mostly 80-150 calories and restricted are mostly 160-200.

You couldn't split it in half because then you wouldn't have enough protein.

I would stick with using the ones Lisa pointed out as your restricted for the day.
Ok, guess the hubby is getting my extra bars. Lucky guy
skinnybride2be is offline   Reply With Quote