Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #361  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
Boy do I miss alot when I'm away!! Anyway, I just happened to be at the ski store on the mountain (in BC since we don't have mountains in Sask) and they have...you guessed it! Drum roll please... Plaid red one piece undies!! Should I pick up some for anyone. They even have traction on the foot pieces trap doors and yes they are in adult sizes!!!
Ha! I didn't know they really made those. I've only seen them on tv shows/movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
Hi everyone! Freezing today! Went skiing for a few runs this morning and felt great! 30 pounds gone and loving life!

Weirdly my body "cracks" more than usual lately. Assuming it's IP related, but it happens all the time, in places that I don't think have ever cracked. Anyone else cracking?
Yes, I have the body "cracks"! Sometimes it sounds just like when my chiropractor is giving me an adjustment. I wonder if it's because our muscles aren't carrying as much extra weight, and are able to loosen up a little.

LosingLawyer- Great job with the 10 lb loss, and getting into the size 16's.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #362  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
Hi Ladies: looks like everyone has been kicking butt and taking names! I've been MIA for a while but still going strong.

I've sort of modified the plan for me as I felt like the past couple of months found me very hungry all the time (real hunger, too) and I felt like I sort of hit a wall with my weightlifting. After getting back into recording everything in My Fitness Pal, I realized that I really needed to either up my calories to continue to lift (and to start Crossfit) or ease up on the lifting and other activity. I get a lot of pleasure out of exercise (not to mention all the other benefits - stress relief, stronger bones, toning, etc.), so I decided to move to a modified paleo/IP approach. Right now I'm doing 1-2 packets a day, with the rest of my 1300 or so calories coming from real food.

I did a lot of research on this, since I'm eating plenty of protein and I can't supplement with carbs, I really needed to add calories through healthy fats. I was concerned that adding in the healthy fats would cause me not lose fat, but there are a lot of great resources out there that convinced me to give it a go. I'm staying in ketosis as I am keeping my carbs around 40 grams total a day (most of which come from the 4 cups of veggies), but I am adding healthy fats (more olive oil, coconut oil, almond butter, macadamia nuts, egg yolks, etc.) to get me to about 1300 calories a day. So far I feel great, my sleep is even better and my performance is better as well. I started this modified plan on February 4th at 240 pounds and today I weighed in at 230 pounds. I will continue to experiment and chart my progress. I've still got at least 55 pounds to lose, so I'll keep plugging away.

I also had a great NSV victory today - a lot of my size 16 dress pants fit! And several size L tops as well. I love shopping in my closet.
Yay! So glad someone else has found out fat isn't the cuprit (not even saturated fat!). It really is carbs! I stick with the low fat so I'll be 100% but I know fat is what will get increased over carbs in maintenance. The fact that you have lost 10 lbs in 17 days speaks for itself!
I SO WISH I could add more exercise but my back just can't take it right now. Only the PT exercise.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #363  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
Boy do I miss alot when I'm away!! Anyway, I just happened to be at the ski store on the mountain (in BC since we don't have mountains in Sask) and they have...you guessed it! Drum roll please... Plaid red one piece undies!! Should I pick up some for anyone. They even have traction on the foot pieces trap doors and yes they are in adult sizes!!!
LOL! Those were so popular with my colleagues teenagers this Christmas! The kids all wanted a onesie!

Quote:
Hi Ladies: looks like everyone has been kicking butt and taking names! I've been MIA for a while but still going strong.

I've sort of modified the plan for me as I felt like the past couple of months found me very hungry all the time (real hunger, too) and I felt like I sort of hit a wall with my weightlifting. After getting back into recording everything in My Fitness Pal, I realized that I really needed to either up my calories to continue to lift (and to start Crossfit) or ease up on the lifting and other activity. I get a lot of pleasure out of exercise (not to mention all the other benefits - stress relief, stronger bones, toning, etc.), so I decided to move to a modified paleo/IP approach. Right now I'm doing 1-2 packets a day, with the rest of my 1300 or so calories coming from real food.

I did a lot of research on this, since I'm eating plenty of protein and I can't supplement with carbs, I really needed to add calories through healthy fats. I was concerned that adding in the healthy fats would cause me not lose fat, but there are a lot of great resources out there that convinced me to give it a go. I'm staying in ketosis as I am keeping my carbs around 40 grams total a day (most of which come from the 4 cups of veggies), but I am adding healthy fats (more olive oil, coconut oil, almond butter, macadamia nuts, egg yolks, etc.) to get me to about 1300 calories a day. So far I feel great, my sleep is even better and my performance is better as well. I started this modified plan on February 4th at 240 pounds and today I weighed in at 230 pounds. I will continue to experiment and chart my progress. I've still got at least 55 pounds to lose, so I'll keep plugging away.

I also had a great NSV victory today - a lot of my size 16 dress pants fit! And several size L tops as well. I love shopping in my closet.
You are doing awesome!! Making it work for you and your life is what this is all about! Rock on gf!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yay! So glad someone else has found out fat isn't the cuprit (not even saturated fat!). It really is carbs! I stick with the low fat so I'll be 100% but I know fat is what will get increased over carbs in maintenance. The fact that you have lost 10 lbs in 17 days speaks for itself!
I SO WISH I could add more exercise but my back just can't take it right now. Only the PT exercise.
Carbs are the culprit that's for sure!!! I loved Gary Taubes book "Why we Get Fat".
Old 02-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Loving the IP diet, but I must tell you, besides the constant hunger even in my 4th week, after having a personal trainer for almost 2 years and really enjoying my training and combine classes, it's the one thing I am missing with the IP diet. My coach has told me to add a protein pack on days I weight train and to stop my combine classes for now. I have no endurance, drained after 10 minutes of weight lifting. It is rather discouraging after so much improvement in the gym, but the weight loss is so very encouraging.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #365  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
Loving the IP diet, but I must tell you, besides the constant hunger even in my 4th week, after having a personal trainer for almost 2 years and really enjoying my training and combine classes, it's the one thing I am missing with the IP diet. My coach has told me to add a protein pack on days I weight train and to stop my combine classes for now. I have no endurance, drained after 10 minutes of weight lifting. It is rather discouraging after so much improvement in the gym, but the weight loss is so very encouraging.

Any ideas or suggestions?
There's a lot of good info in the exercise threads. But the bottom line is, if you want to do IP, you have to kind of make a decision between the fast weight loss and the workouts. There are those who are willing to take slower losses in order to maintain activity levels. Others are fine taking IP as it was meant to be - an off-season time of rest. IP was created for athletes to be able to rest in the off season without having to maintain training to keep their muscle mass and avoid fattening up. It works without exercise because it was designed that way.

In the end, you need to decide which you want to to do - get through the program more quickly and plan to build back up after you have lost the weight, or spend a bit more time on the program and keep up the workouts. Neither is wrong, it's just a matter of what is going to be best for you.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #366  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
So I'm in maintenance as of a few days ago, after doing a proper phase-off. It's temporary to help slow the hair loss til biotin and iron kick in Always been slightly anemic, and tho the daily multis have iron, I've bumped up with an iron supplement after reading lack of iron can cause hair loss.
Thanks for this info. My doc did blood work and put me on iron pills as I was so low, and now I'm wondering if that contributed to hair loss too! Hmmmm.... I'm on the pills now, losing slower, and so far, a full mane once again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Diane- Although the bedazzeler would make a great hostess gift, I like mompatties idea of a cabana boy.

Nice!!
You guys are starting to get DEMANDING....Sheesh... Do I need to bend your bendy straws for you too???

Quote:
Oh yeah, on a more positive note...I may have gotten some "movement"
Down 2.2 today
LOL-- I keep hearing a commercial in my head now "Oh yeah, do the potty dance"....... actually wish it WASN'T in my head, but now that I've "passed it on" to y'all I feel much better

Quote:
...I've sort of modified the plan for me .... I decided to move to a modified paleo/IP approach. Right now I'm doing 1-2 packets a day, with the rest of my 1300 or so calories coming from real food.
Keep up informed -- this intrigues me/appeals to me!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #367  

Where on earth has our RAINBOWgone? I am having withdrawals and I've started to shake now...

Last edited by mompattie; 02-21-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #368  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Just doing a quick check in from after my spa evening. I'm relaxed, feel like I have a lot of chi moving because I'm warm for the first time this week even after being outside. I'm sleepy too so heading to bed for an early night.

I miss Rainbow too, I've even gone looking in the Fab 50s thread but no sighting.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #369  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by learn2012 View Post
Officially hit 70 pounds GONE today! And I was on vacation last week! Wish I was still in Arizona, Iowa is bracing for snow today. I work for the city here so there is no way I will get the day off ever- they'll just send a snow plow to pick me up if I can't get out. Le sigh.

I've said it before, but thank you to all who post here- you are my support system & help get me through those difficult days. So very happy I found IP & 3FC!
WOW - 70lbs. That is amazing. Keep up the great job!

Quote:
Hey all...I have to get to the store so I can make a pot of chili on my "snow" day. An ice storm is on the way. My chili will be sans beans, extra meat and LOTS of veggies (leeks, bell peppers, celery, and maybe some spinach, in addition to the tomato base)

My back is KILLING ME! I've really been focusing on rehabbing it and I know things often get worse before they get better but geez....I'm in the WORSE stage! One would THINK losing 65 lbs would have helped at least a little! I am determined the pain will not deter me. So far, I haven't used any anti-inflammatories or pain meds (muscle relaxers) but I may cave on that. I will continue with my stretches and PT exercises because I want to end up pain-free. If I can be pain-free by the time I'm at goal, then it will all be worth it.

I sure am glad for IP and that I don't feel compelled to do a bunch of strenuous exercise that will only make matters worse.

End of rant. Thanks for being there and lifting me up on a daily basis!

Oh yeah, on a more positive note...I may have gotten some "movement"
Down 2.2 today
The back........ I've had trouble on and off with my sciatic nerve; very frustrating. I hope it gets better for you soon. You have to think that if you still were carrying those 65lbs around, you'd be even more miserable and in terrible pain!
Congrats on the 2.2 lb loss -yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
HOOBOY.

Just did my first Crossfit-style class today at the Y - I hurt in places I didn't even know I had nerves.

I LOVE IT!!!

Definitely going to have to adjust my weekly exercise schedule so that I have some muscle recovery time but this is one class I will be looking forward to!
Scorbett, I can't wait until I can do some real exercising and WANT to do it since I will have a far more healthier body. So happy for you that P3 is going well for you!

Quote:

Shopping in your own closet is the best! Keep us posted with your modified IP program. Sounds interesting and down the road I may want to steal some insights/ideas from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
You guys are starting to get DEMANDING....Sheesh... Do I need to bend your bendy straws for you too???
Can we have the little cute umbrellas in our drinks, too? lol!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #370  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Where on earth has our RAINBOWgone? I am having withdrawals and I've started to shake now...
I was thinking this same thing this morning!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #371  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I was thinking this same thing this morning!
Ditto, I was planning to do a "shout-out" later today!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Well it is finally sunny here today!!! So I am about to take the dogs out for a nice long walk as the poor babies are stir But after that I am happy to report I have my first ever massage booked with a professional and everything I am so looking forward to it!! The best part is that it is covered by my health insurance!! Sunny day and a massage that is a nice way to spend a dy off I think. Tomorrow I was hoping to spend the day in the city with my husband but it looks like he may have to work a half day, he does not know for sure and it cranky to say the least. So if he does have to work I am thinking of going on my own and do some shopping (for none sport socks among other things, lol) and getting a pedicure as winter and work has made these feet scary!!. Last nigh I made my husband and I a nice big taco salad and rutabaga fries, it was great as you would never think by the taste that the meal was 75% veggies!! My DH liked it as much as me. Well that's probably enough about my day as I can for a long time, hope everyone else has a fun Friday planned!!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #373  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Well it is finally sunny here today!!! So I am about to take the dogs out for a nice long walk as the poor babies are stir But after that I am happy to report I have my first ever massage booked with a professional and everything I am so looking forward to it!! The best part is that it is covered by my health insurance!! Sunny day and a massage that is a nice way to spend a dy off I think. Tomorrow I was hoping to spend the day in the city with my husband but it looks like he may have to work a half day, he does not know for sure and it cranky to say the least. So if he does have to work I am thinking of going on my own and do some shopping (for none sport socks among other things, lol) and getting a pedicure as winter and work has made these feet scary!!. Last nigh I made my husband and I a nice big taco salad and rutabaga fries, it was great as you would never think by the taste that the meal was 75% veggies!! My DH liked it as much as me. Well that's probably enough about my day as I can for a long time, hope everyone else has a fun Friday planned!!
Is your massage a deep tissue massage? I ask because you mentioned that your insurance is paying for it.

I had deep tissue massages as part of the therapy for my back, and my insurance paid for it also.

I just want to warn you that if it is a deep tissue massage, it can actually be painful sometimes. Not the whole massage, just parts of it. It does feel awesome when the massage is done though.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #374  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Is your massage a deep tissue massage? I ask because you mentioned that your insurance is paying for it.

I had deep tissue massages as part of the therapy for my back, and my insurance paid for it also.

I just want to warn you that if it is a deep tissue massage, it can actually be painful sometimes. Not the whole massage, just parts of it. It does feel awesome when the massage is done though.
Painful in a hurts-so-good kinda way
Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #375  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Sounds like a great day. I agree with the others that deep tissue massages can be painful but in a good kind of way. However they will probably go easy on you the first time or two until you know how your muscles respond. Enjoy shopping tomorrow too. A pedicure sounds like a great idea right about now.

The stress of work sure makes you forget the spa joy of the night before. So at lunch now and using some of the Japanese mint oil I bought the previous time I was there so the aroma reminds me of the bliss. Tonight I'm having dinner with two great friends. The one cooking even gave me a menu plan ahead of time to check which options I could or couldn't have. I'm bringing the salad and jicama cinnamon strips for my dessert.
Closed Thread