Old 01-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #46  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschindel View Post
Down 5 today, almost back to my pre holiday weight.
Great job!!

I'm on the last hole on my belt. It is pretty ratty, I'll be glad to see it in the trash!
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 282/240/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post
Great job!!

I'm on the last hole on my belt. It is pretty ratty, I'll be glad to see it in the trash!
Good job Lead! Seems as if everyone had had a pretty good weekend thus far. I tried making some zucchini chips tonight, but they didn't turn out as crispy as I was hoping for. Gonna have to figure that one out. Bout to sit down to my strawberry wafers!
HornsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornsFan View Post
Good job Lead! Seems as if everyone had had a pretty good weekend thus far. I tried making some zucchini chips tonight, but they didn't turn out as crispy as I was hoping for. Gonna have to figure that one out. Bout to sit down to my strawberry wafers!
Ya, I want to try those wafers! So did you just bake the zucchini? That sounds pretty good. I can see already that the veggies are getting a bit tiring so any way to spice them up sounds good. I've hit the pickles pretty hard and lots of salad and celery. I've had some sauerkraut that I think is ok for IP.

Still looking for any good ideas on the veggie front
Old 01-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #49  

Quote:
Ya, I want to try those wafers! So did you just bake the zucchini? That sounds pretty good. I can see already that the veggies are getting a bit tiring so any way to spice them up sounds good. I've hit the pickles pretty hard and lots of salad and celery. I've had some sauerkraut that I think is ok for IP.

Ya man...I just baked em. Tossed in a little olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt and baked for about 30 min (flipping bout halfway through). Place them flat and don't overlap. I roasted some cauliflower and squash the other night and that was pretty awesome. I like to grill asparagus. My wife has found a bunch of different recipes on Pinterest and on the recipes page there is a link to a FB page that has a bunch of cool recipes (they are all gourmet style recipes and require a little more time than I wanna put in if u get my drift). Quick and simple is how I like!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornsFan View Post
Ya man...I just baked em. Tossed in a little olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt and baked for about 30 min (flipping bout halfway through). Place them flat and don't overlap. I roasted some cauliflower and squash the other night and that was pretty awesome. I like to grill asparagus. My wife has found a bunch of different recipes on Pinterest and on the recipes page there is a link to a FB page that has a bunch of cool recipes (they are all gourmet style recipes and require a little more time than I wanna put in if u get my drift). Quick and simple is how I like!
Cool, thanks! I haven't tried the grilling yet. That'll be next weeks thing for sure!!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I'm a "lurker" and a woman LOL, but wanted to throw an idea at you:

Roast your veggies! They come out so delicious that I have to stop myself from eating more than 2 cups. Almost anything works (cabbage sliced into rounds, cauliflower, asparagus, turnips, rutubaga, okra, etc.)

Mist with olive oil spray, sprinkle on sea salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and roast at 350* for 25-30 minutes until soft and they start to crisp up/blacken slightly. Amazing!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

Well you talked me into it. I roasted some broc and cauliflower. I mixed up the EVOO and the spices and stirred in the veggies, then roasted at 475 for 10 min. turned them over and another 10 min. and they were done. Those were tasty, going to put them in some IP soup, for lunch.
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #53  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
1st meal this morning. I had the crispy cereal. Not bad but I'm really going to have to learn to mix it better (a bit gritty).

I spent 1/2 hour last night chopping veggies so the wife can just grab some and go in the morning. She's got a pretty stressful job and I'm a little worried whether she'll be able to stick to this. Luckily she's got someone at work who is on it as well so maybe they can help each other out.
Pre planning like that is the key. You are starting out right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
Hey guys - I'm new here. Day 2 for me (and my wife). So far I am happy with the IP foods I have tried. Mushroom soup - Chicken ala king were both good. Peanut Bar good as well. I use the vanilla shake in my coffee - not a big breakfast guy so no worries. I am 6' 40 years old. I have always been heavy but I have always carried it well. However, in Sept 2011, I found myself at 394. Sore heels - achy knees - anxiety. Twin 18 month old boys and a daughter coming in 1 month. Decided to make a change. Got to 274 around mid 2012 on my "own" diet and exercise "program". Then, over 6 months put 38 back on. So, now I am trying IP - first formal diet plan I have ever tried. I am shocked at how close this is to what I was doing. I just didn't realize how much those hidden carbs were sabotaging me before - beans - potatoes - condiments - fruits - All healthy foods, but not ideal when you have a lot to lose. Anyway - long story short, I am looking forward to the challenge ahead. First goal is to lose the 38lbs and get back to 274. Ultimately, if I could see 220's, that would be something I thought never possible - at least since 6th grade. ha ha
I'm 41, same height and I am shooting for 220 too! Welcome Guys.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #54  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Wish I had the extra height and I'd already be done Problem is I had way too much weight starting about age 4 so I have a bit of a hump back (not like Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein but still there.) If not for that I'd probably be over 5'11" with no problem and possibly 6'. But at 5'10" 220 is at least 40lbs too much.

The wife and I are arguing over how much I should lose. I'd like to get below 175 but she wants me to stop at 195. Guess my first goal is the 195.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #55  

Made it through inventory today at my store. I knew it would be a big test as it a day filled with donuts, muffins, pop and pizza! I made it through with flying colors though. I took off at lunch for a water run just so I didn't have to smell those grease wheels.

Big 1st WI tomorrow, looking forward to that! Went shopping tonight and got some zucchini like u suggested HornsFan. Gonna have a big veggie grill tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #56  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Pre planning like that is the key. You are starting out right!

We are like the 220 club around here! My coach is suggesting 215-210. Seems like a long way away! I go on a cruise March 9th so that is gonna be the hiccup along the way.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I'm a "lurker" and a woman LOL, but wanted to throw an idea at you:

Roast your veggies! They come out so delicious that I have to stop myself from eating more than 2 cups. Almost anything works (cabbage sliced into rounds, cauliflower, asparagus, turnips, rutubaga, okra, etc.)

Mist with olive oil spray, sprinkle on sea salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and roast at 350* for 25-30 minutes until soft and they start to crisp up/blacken slightly. Amazing!
Speaking for the guys we definitely don't mind the ladies lurking in our thread! Thanks for the tip, I'll try it tomorrow!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #58  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
We tried this tonight with bok choy, asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, and some mini sweet peppers. Turned out great! Tomorrow night will probably do it again with cauliflower and broccoli.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #59  

Quote:
We tried this tonight with bok choy, asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, and some mini sweet peppers. Turned out great! Tomorrow night will probably do it again with cauliflower and broccoli.
You can't go wrong roasting the veg like that. Wife and I are hooked on that method! Who knew vegetables could taste so good!

Anyone make the Chocolate/Spinach drink mix in the mornings for breakfast? Trying to figure out why mine comes out so frothy, fills up like 3 containers at first until it settles.

1 IP Chocolate or Cappucino mix
1 cup of baby spinach
8 oz of chilled coffee
4 oz of iced cold water
4 or 5 ice cubes

I throw all that in a Ninja blender and well its good, I like it, but it comes out so damn frothy!
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #60  

Quote:
Made it through inventory today at my store. I knew it would be a big test as it a day filled with donuts, muffins, pop and pizza! I made it through with flying colors though. I took off at lunch for a water run just so I didn't have to smell those grease wheels.

Big 1st WI tomorrow, looking forward to that! Went shopping tonight and got some zucchini like u suggested HornsFan. Gonna have a big veggie grill tomorrow.
Good job Lead! Lemme know how u like them grilled veggies! I love them.

Quote:
That sounds good M35...especially with the mini sweet peppers. I made some roasted cauliflower last night...that is definitely a new favorite. It seems to take the cauliflower a little longer to roast to the point of blackening. Try adding a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice mixed with EVOO and drizzle over everything! Yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
You can't go wrong roasting the veg like that. Wife and I are hooked on that method! Who knew vegetables could taste so good!

Anyone make the Chocolate/Spinach drink mix in the mornings for breakfast? Trying to figure out why mine comes out so frothy, fills up like 3 containers at first until it settles.

1 IP Chocolate or Cappucino mix
1 cup of baby spinach
8 oz of chilled coffee
4 oz of iced cold water
4 or 5 ice cubes

I throw all that in a Ninja blender and well its good, I like it, but it comes out so damn frothy!
Dole...I hear you on the frothiness. We don't have a ninja, but do have a vitamix (6 in one, half a dozen in the other). I think it has something to do with the power of those machines. Try mixing everything except the Cappucino mix and add that last on a more of a slow speed. See if the helps with the frothiness.