Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

[COLOR=[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Hello Everyone...thought I would do a quick check in...I have not been coming over here to this site much...I will try to do a better job of at least reading this thread. I was getting frustrated trying to keep up with all the threads and so much talk about cheating and drama and such that I have stayed away. I would like to share that I have continued to stay OP 100% even through a really rough bought of the flu that then became bronchitis. I recently went shopping and bought new clothes...I started out at my heaviest in size 20-22 pants...I recently bought 12's and actually could zip the 10's, but felt they were too tight. I have went from a size 46DD to a 40D bra as well. Here is a picture of me in my new size 12 jeans...my mother insisted that I show the bling on the pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Thanks Sweetie!
This plan works!
I can only IMAGINE what my goal pics will look like
Before avatar below (for new folks)
You both look FANTASTIC!! Congratulations. Everyone is doing so well. Way to go everyone. Just a quiet weekend at home, not much planned. Going to work on reading intervention things for my kiddos. Sounds exciting right?? Have a great weekend everyone and keep on doing so great!!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #182  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Thanks. Thought it was time to show off the 60 lb weight loss. My old avatar was starting weight last summer.
Show it off, baby!!! Your new photo is beautiful, Lisa!!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Lisa - I totally agree. I'm constantly amazed by the results of this program.

Morning everyone. Body pump at the gym this morning was insane because the A/C was broken in the room so it was a sauna. Like hot yoga, but with weightlifting. I was literally dripping sweat. Good workout though. I just finished my post workout meal of scrambled eggs and veggies, plus a pickle to get some salt back into me. Looking forward to Weigh in on Monday because I know I've shed a lot of the water that I've been retaining the past couple of weeks.

It's going to be a rainy weekend here, so I'm thinking I should try to squeeze in a facial and massage.

Hope everyone has a great 100% day!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Found this recipe on pinterest. Sounds yummy. Substitute the veg. oil with EVOO and don't use the tortillas. Yummy. I like that I can make it for the whole family and in the oven.

Had roasted brussel sprouts and chicken patty for lunch. Yummy, too. This was the first time I had roasted the brussel sprouts - I'm not a big fan, but needed something different and really liked them roasted.

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients
•1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
•2 Tbsp vegetable oil
•2 tsp chili powder
•2 tsp cumin
•½ tsp garlic powder
•½ tsp dried oregano
•Ό tsp salt
•1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
•1 medium onion, sliced
•1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
•12 flour tortillas
•Toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and guacamole – if desired

Instructions
1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13Χ9 baking dish.
2.In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
3.Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
4.Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
5.Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #185  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Found this recipe on pinterest. Sounds yummy. Substitute the veg. oil with EVOO and don't use the tortillas. Yummy. I like that I can make it for the whole family and in the oven.

Had roasted brussel sprouts and chicken patty for lunch. Yummy, too. This was the first time I had roasted the brussel sprouts - I'm not a big fan, but needed something different and really liked them roasted.

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients
•1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
•2 Tbsp vegetable oil
•2 tsp chili powder
•2 tsp cumin
•½ tsp garlic powder
•½ tsp dried oregano
•Ό tsp salt
•1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
•1 medium onion, sliced
•1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
•12 flour tortillas
•Toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and guacamole – if desired

Instructions
1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13Χ9 baking dish.
2.In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
3.Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
4.Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
5.Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.
That sounds really good! I have done "Fajitas" and "Tacos" using big leaves of lettuce instead of tortillas, I'll bet it would work great with this too!

I LOOOOOOVE roasted brussels sprouts! They are a reason I look forward to maintenance, when veggies are unlimited - I hate that I can only have them occasionally on P1
Old 01-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #186  
Reboot 9/2014

Oh - for those who are thinking of going Paleo in maintenance - this is another meal planning subscription service I've used in the past and they have added a paleo and a low carb menu to their offerings - the recipes are good and most are very easy to prepare!

http://www.emeals.com/meal-plans/
Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Big effort today to stay 100% OP today, but I did! We are in a small town for a skating tournament. For dinner, everyone was heading to the local Chinese restaurant. I googled it to try to find the menu, but no website. When we got there, they were overwhelmed b all the people. They had a buffet with the, usual chicken balls, noodles, rice, etc. kids were starving, so Hubby and kids went to buffet. I waited forever for a waitress to come over, and when she did, she was really rushed. She had no answers to any of my questions, like what kind of vegetables, any sauce, so I just said forget it. I drank my water, dropped everyone off at the hotel, went to the grocery store and bought a roasted chicken and cut up vegetables. Brought it home and my hubby said it smelled better than the Chinese!

So when there's a will, there's a way!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #188  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Big effort today to stay 100% OP today, but I did! We are in a small town for a skating tournament. For dinner, everyone was heading to the local Chinese restaurant. I googled it to try to find the menu, but no website. When we got there, they were overwhelmed b all the people. They had a buffet with the, usual chicken balls, noodles, rice, etc. kids were starving, so Hubby and kids went to buffet. I waited forever for a waitress to come over, and when she did, she was really rushed. She had no answers to any of my questions, like what kind of vegetables, any sauce, so I just said forget it. I drank my water, dropped everyone off at the hotel, went to the grocery store and bought a roasted chicken and cut up vegetables. Brought it home and my hubby said it smelled better than the Chinese!

Way to GO!!!! You are absolutely right, where there's a will there's ALWAYS a way!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Scorbett- thanks for the recipe links!

Little Star- great job! You made the right decision!

Ugh, I've got a headache this evening. I hope I'm not coming down with the bug everyone has (and I've managed to avoid so far).
Old 01-27-2013, 02:32 AM   #190  

Quote:

LOVE THIS!!!! Good for you!!!!!!

Just got home from an awesome night out!! Went to a cabaret with a group of friends!! Danced, visited, laughed, and drank.....WATER!!! Everyone kept asking why I wasn't drinking. I said I was good with my sexy size 16 jeans in and have a goal to reach!! Plus I had a blast and you don't need alcohol to have fun! Plus watching everyone get stumbling drunk at the end of the night I laugh at them....gonna feel like crap tomorrow all hung over and I'm good to go!! Great night, awesome to have a night out with DH and friends!!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

Just got home from an awesome night out!! Went to a cabaret with a group of friends!! Danced, visited, laughed, and drank.....WATER!!! Everyone kept asking why I wasn't drinking. I said I was good with my sexy size 16 jeans in and have a goal to reach!! Plus I had a blast and you don't need alcohol to have fun! Plus watching everyone get stumbling drunk at the end of the night I laugh at them....gonna feel like crap tomorrow all hung over and I'm good to go!! Great night, awesome to have a night out with DH and friends!!
Way to go! Isn't it the best feeling waking up the next morning not feeling guilty and knowing that you made the correct decision!

We're going to get to 100 pounds (and more) together!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #192  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:

You ROCK mama!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #193  

Quote:
That's how us IP folks roll & we roll outta bed on Sunday morning feeling fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
We're going to get to 100 pounds (and more) together!!!
We all are!
And KEEP IT OFF too!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
We all are!
And KEEP IT OFF too!
Yes we will!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #195  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Great job!!!! You didn't make any excuses, just stayed 100% all the way.

This is why I come here for inspiration. In the daily the same situation would have been reasons why they cheated.

Quote:
Sounds like a blast! So nice to go out and have fun, and not have to deal with a hangover the next day.
Closed Thread