Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i would have said...whilst throwing my arms in the air and twirling around...to show off...

WELL DUH....obviously 83 pounds LESS than before....and then twirled and strutted myself as i walked away!!
Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Checking in from lunch at my desk. Our company intranet had this quote of the day that I thought I would share:

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On ' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. - Calvin Coolidge

So Press On everyone and have a great OP day.
Thank you! Very good quote for today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I do think that sometimes people are just concerned and don't realize that it feels more personal because weight and weightloss has always been a touchy subject if you are someone who has been overwight (or obese) much of you life. I just try and take the good with the bad and come here for the true answers and support I need. Only we can make choices about what is right for us.
yes the support of all of you is so helpful! Yah for all of us going through life together!! I am so glad to quoted ragdoll too, I meant to quote you and ragdoll in my reply but I did it quickly before running out for my weigh in and daily errands.

Weigh in - 3 weeks and 1lb lost. Which was one lb more than I thought it was going to say so I'll take it! oh whoosh fairy please send me a whoosh...
Old 01-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi everyone-

I was out in the night cold a lot this weekend and it really took a toll on me so I've been feeling a bit under, and lurking and laying low the last few days. Just checking in to keep myself accountable...as folks who spend a lot of time here tend to stay OP Hope everyone is doing well!

PS ROLF-Have you already forgotten that the WHOOSH FAIRY is a tart?! I tried leaving a restricted chocolate bar under my pillow for her, and she still didn't come see me!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I was out in the night cold a lot this weekend and it really took a toll on me so I've been feeling a bit under, and lurking and laying low the last few days. Just checking in to keep myself accountable...as folks who spend a lot of time here tend to stay OP Hope everyone is doing well!

PS ROLF-Have you already forgotten that the WHOOSH FAIRY is a tart?! I tried leaving a restricted chocolate bar under my pillow for her, and she still didn't come see me!
Winners hang out here! The whoosh fairy is elusive but someone posted a pic of HIM a while back and we all decided we could wait

This is the LONGEST WEEK waiting FOUR MORE days to WI (cue jeopardy theme again)

Someone told me how great I looked today and asked me what I was doing differently with my hair (really? Still? After ~55 lbs?). When I explained it wasn't my hair (same hair) but my 50 lb weight loss, she said, "you could have just said thank you at the compliment"

I can't win! She ASKED what I did different with my hair!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #94  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Checking in from lunch at my desk. Our company intranet had this quote of the day that I thought I would share:

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On ' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. - Calvin Coolidge

So Press On everyone and have a great OP day.
I actually LOVE this quote but now I have a problem. In this "Acronym" ridden society, if I "Press On" while "On Plan", does that mean I'm P.O.O.P.ing?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #95  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Winners hang out here! The whoosh fairy is elusive but someone posted a pic of HIM a while back and we all decided we could wait

This is the LONGEST WEEK waiting FOUR MORE days to WI (cue jeopardy theme again)

Someone told me how great I looked today and asked me what I was doing differently with my hair (really? Still? After ~55 lbs?). When I explained it wasn't my hair (same hair) but my 50 lb weight loss, she said, "you could have just said thank you at the compliment"

That's funny Lisa. Next time say "I got a trim. I took off several inches" -- just don't specify, the inches were off your waist, your thighs, your...
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #96  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
That's funny Lisa. Next time say "I got a trim. I took off several inches" -- just don't specify, the inches were off your waist, your thighs, your...
OMG I love this!!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Does anyone else just ever wish people's scales would break so they would quit weighing themselves and panicking?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Hi everyone-

Quote:
I actually LOVE this quote but now I have a problem. In this "Acronym" ridden society, if I "Press On" while "On Plan", does that mean I'm P.O.O.P.ing?

Quote:

You guys crack me up!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

greetings from PEI. I have lurking for the past week, doing a reboot to get rid of my Christmas weight gain (5lbs). Couple of questions: is it possible to drink too much water I guess I am in ketosis so I am thirsty drinking about 8 litres a day. Also, I am travelling this week but trying to stay 100 percent if I did unknowinly knock my self out of ketosis how long does it take to get back?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Does anyone else just ever wish people's scales would break so they would quit weighing themselves and panicking?
O.M.G.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #101  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Forget the Whoosh fairy. We need a scale fairy to go around and steal them all.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #102  

Quote:

Seriously!!! Insane!! People are crazy and rude!

Quote:

Quote:
Ditto what Lisa said - OMG
Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Hopefully the scale fairy hangs with the whoosh fairy and won't come by my house either. I weigh everyday but only count the WI at the clinic. Either way up or down I get more determined to be 100%. (Today my home scale said I broke even while the clinic said I was down 1)

I have heard of an interesting nutritionist (she was on dr. oz yesterday) who thinks that certain foods may not agree with us as individuals and may cause a weight gain over a day (yes even veggies). Seemed interesting so I am looking for a correlation. So far I don't have enough data but it intriges the scientist in me and makes me more detailled in my tracking. Anyway, I can handle it--I'm not addicted!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
O.M.G.
Ditto what Lisa said - OMG[/QUOTE]

I hope not in a bad way . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
LOL - FUNNY!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #105  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
LMAO!!

I just have to say that I'm feeling good today and I love the people in this thread!
Closed Thread