Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #16  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

You're welcome Beck! I know it will still be a learning curve in maintenance but I feel better knowing that I have awesome ladies (and gents) alongside me We are never going this alone, thank goodness!!

Way to go Starshine!!

Lisa - good luck with the Wii Fit, you are going to LOVE it!

learn2012 - As Wuv said, keep your heart rate down whatever you do - if you get out of breath or feel your heart beating hard, slow down or ease back. I had to walk 2 miles per day starting in September because my kindergartener is a walker - it was a slow walk, but I still added an extra packet when I got home to replace the calories. Make sure you listen to your body and add the packet, you'll find the right balance for you.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
I calculated my weight loss from my weigh in the Sunday after Thanksgiving until now (the Sunday after New Years) and I lost 23.6 pounds during that holiday time. So just thrilled with that.
That is just a fantastic thing to have accomplished over the holiday!!!

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 01-06-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

I have to share a story. My mom and I have been on IP since the end of April. My mom has been overweight all her life and she has lost almost 60 pounds and looks amazing! I get pretty teary at times when I look at her because I have NEVER seen her like this. She is in size Med tops and size 12 pants (loose.) Well, my daughter and I went shopping with her because she needs a new coat. She would try on coat after coat and my 8 year old daughter would say yay or nay. 1 particular coat was a bright teal and lime green slim-fitting coat. My daughter looked at her and said, "Grandma, you look like.... a kid...at the high school." I laughed and so did my mom but that was her way of saying she looked so small. I am so so so thankful my mom and I found IP. She tells everyone she couldn't have done it without me and my information from "that website you always visit." I have to thank all of you! Your recipes, support, advice... I am happy for me but to see my mom happy, healthy and SKINNY... WOW. (emotional today.)
Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I have to share a story. My mom and I have been on IP since the end of April. My mom has been overweight all her life and she has lost almost 60 pounds and looks amazing! I get pretty teary at times when I look at her because I have NEVER seen her like this. She is in size Med tops and size 12 pants (loose.) Well, my daughter and I went shopping with her because she needs a new coat. She would try on coat after coat and my 8 year old daughter would say yay or nay. 1 particular coat was a bright teal and lime green slim-fitting coat. My daughter looked at her and said, "Grandma, you look like.... a kid...at the high school." I laughed and so did my mom but that was her way of saying she looked so small. I am so so so thankful my mom and I found IP. She tells everyone she couldn't have done it without me and my information from "that website you always visit." I have to thank all of you! Your recipes, support, advice... I am happy for me but to see my mom happy, healthy and SKINNY... WOW. (emotional today.)
You're doing the same thing for your daughter...getting healthy and learning to maintain it. Way to go!

Ps. This is my first attempt at quoting anything, hopefully it works lol
Old 01-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #20  

Default Argh!

Argh! I haven't had a WI since 12/24 due to vacation. My coach just contacted me and needs to change it. I have a choice of going in later tomorrow or waiting til Thurs to do a first thing in the morning...<sigh>...in the big scheme of things this will not matter at all. I'll wait til Thursday.

Been catching up on some things. Gotta get the wii fit hooked up yet...At least I can weigh on THAT until Thurs...
Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Argh! I haven't had a WI since 12/24 due to vacation. My coach just contacted me and needs to change it. I have a choice of going in later tomorrow or waiting til Thurs to do a first thing in the morning...<sigh>...in the big scheme of things this will not matter at all. I'll wait til Thursday.

Been catching up on some things. Gotta get the wii fit hooked up yet...At least I can weigh on THAT until Thurs...
You are going to have a kick@## WI!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #22  

Height: magmeepEVE

Scorbett: Thanks so much!

MonicaKolesnik: Thank you, Monica!

Hgamroth: I love your story, Holly! It brought such joy to me. Congrats to you and your mom and your wonderful daughter!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Congratulations, Beck!!! Wow!! You made it!!

Wow, Starshine!!! You are almost there!!!! I agree. I do not want to gain this weight back either. I know I my eating habits and relationship with food have changed. I want this change to be permanent!!!

Here's a new picture with my new boots for the New Year and the New Me!

Have a great day, everyone!
Joysh what a great picture!!!!!! Beautiful, you are radiant!! I esp LOVE the big smile!

Quote:
Holly what an amazing story!!!! Thanks so much for sharing, the women in your life are lucky to have each other!

HOME sweet home!!!

10000% OP! Unpacked and washing up the laundry. Kids settling in to play, gonna be an early night! Monday comes too early. LE sigh.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
You're doing the same thing for your daughter...getting healthy and learning to maintain it. Way to go!

Ps. This is my first attempt at quoting anything, hopefully it works lol
Thanks! (It worked.) :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
[B]

Hgamroth: I love your story, Holly! It brought such joy to me. Congrats to you and your mom and your wonderful daughter!
Thank you! You are so close!!!!!!! Phase 2 SOON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Holly what an amazing story!!!! Thanks so much for sharing, the women in your life are lucky to have each other!
WELCOME BACK!!! I couldn't do this without the support of my family. My hubby is great but notices NOTHING! My mom and daughter are honest (sometimes brutally) and so supportive.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/197/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Starting again

I was on ideal protein for about 6 weeks but kept cheating a bit more each day after doing so well the 1st 2weeks. I have to say its the only diet I feel as though I can get back on and stick to it. I'm actually looking forward to starting tomorrow and feeling better soon. I have a lot to lose but am just going it take it one day at a time.
One question-those of you that have really stuck with it-do you add much variety to your meals as far as recipes?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwethern View Post
I was on ideal protein for about 6 weeks but kept cheating a bit more each day after doing so well the 1st 2weeks. I have to say its the only diet I feel as though I can get back on and stick to it. I'm actually looking forward to starting tomorrow and feeling better soon. I have a lot to lose but am just going it take it one day at a time.
One question-those of you that have really stuck with it-do you add much variety to your meals as far as recipes?
Check out the "what are you eating today" and "fun with IP packets" threads. They have lots of great ideas!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #27  

So I have come to a decision and changed my goal weight. 170 seems more then attainable now thanks to all of you!! So I reset my goal to 150, that still seems crazy to me that I could ever be that small but I am going to enjoy getting there and staying there!!!

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 01-06-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #28  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
posting on the new thread...

So, with a choice already to forgo gluten, I'll be limiting my choices even more by limiting soy. I'll just have to see what foods it leaves me when I'm done with my checking....I don't want to limit it too much...

I'm also hooking up the wii fit today...just assuming I lost the 2.8 lbs to mini goal over the last 2 weeks...
Zoiks Lisa! No Soy either? That leaves you with Waldorf Farms dressing and a rutabega I know your efforts will pay off though. Let us know what products you find with no soy as I kinda thought it was the base of them all.

Have fun with the Wii Fit. I really enjoyed it when we got it at first, but then I slacked off and it started nagging (no really!) It would start telling my hubby or kids how long since I logged in so they could hassel me LOL. I also really hated that "mini" growing and becoming "obese" right before my eyes. HOWEVER, I think I should get it back out because I really did enjoy the activities. Just have to get it to stop naggin' me
Old 01-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #29  

Quote:
That was very moving!! I would love to be doing this with my mom She has never been as big as me but she is over weight and unhappy with it but now was the right time for me not her Congratulations to both you and you Mom!!

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 01-06-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #30  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Joysh, you deserve that big smile on your face - you look fabulous!
Closed Thread