Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #61  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sweet4u View Post
Looking for the cheesecake pudding. Is it IP or another brand? And if another, where did you guys get it? online, I hope
https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...ake-7-box.html
Old 10-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #62  
Started IP 10/18/12

S/C/G: 286/Ticker/170

Height: 5'11"

Hey all. I am in week 2 and my weigh in is Thursday. It is my TOM ... does that tend to affect the weigh in? I did notice on my own scale, week 2 isn't being as nice. I am fluctuating up and down this week.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #63  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliegirl17 View Post
Hey all. I am in week 2 and my weigh in is Thursday. It is my TOM ... does that tend to affect the weigh in? I did notice on my own scale, week 2 isn't being as nice. I am fluctuating up and down this week.
Yes, indeed, TOM can play with the scale, but rest assured, the weight will come off, if not in that week, then in the coming weeks.

It's natural on a daily basis, even without TOM, for the scale to go back and forth, so it's often best if you just weigh in once a week (for sanity reasons ).

Last edited by Starshine; 10-29-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
gem.....did you get your hair cut!! i LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR!!! omg you are ADORABLE and soo pretty!! love the halloween costume too!! woot woot!!
I totally agree with Rainbow! You look so different and fabulous!!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Hi All,
Thinking about all of you in the Frankenstorm. My coworker is stuck there. She was supposed to be back at work tomorrow and who knows when now. I am worried about her, and also I'm going out for surgery on Thursday and I sure hope she is back by then!

Had a rough weekend personally... but didn't cheat at all. I don't even think about food right now. It's unbelievably different than just two weeks ago before I started IP. I know wuv said it's not a miracle diet... but that is a miracle to me.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #66  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Hi All,
Thinking about all of you in the Frankenstorm. My coworker is stuck there. She was supposed to be back at work tomorrow and who knows when now. I am worried about her, and also I'm going out for surgery on Thursday and I sure hope she is back by then!

Had a rough weekend personally... but didn't cheat at all. I don't even think about food right now. It's unbelievably different than just two weeks ago before I started IP. I know wuv said it's not a miracle diet... but that is a miracle to me.
BRAVO for not cheating...you are doing GREAT....learning how NOT to cheat when things are going rough is a HUGE accomplishment!! YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF!! I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #67  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
It is really picking up now. Still have power (fingers crossed it stays this way).

I would love to do a local 3FC meetup!!! I wonder how many other southcoast peeps are out there?
I'm at work now watching the wind and rain out the window from my desk - talked to hubby and they still have power at the house, but my in-law's in Lakeville have been out for a few hours now! It just now got super dark outside too...ready for another round!

I want to say there was someone on here from Fairhaven or nearby, but most of the folks I've seen from MA are a little further north than us. We'll have to plan something once the storm passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliegirl17 View Post
It definitely does - also if you had a big loss your first week it's common to see a lower loss the 2nd week.

DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF DAILY!!! Your weight WILL fluctuate day to day (and even through a single day your weight can change by up to 2 pounds). Weigh at your weigh-in, same time of the day, ONCE A WEEK. Otherwise you will drive yourself nuts
Old 10-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for the welcome back wishes everyone. The cruise was fun and we had a great time, just me and the husband. However, I think we still like the all inclusive resorts more. We still have an Alaskan cruise on our bucket list, but I will not be jumping to book it anytime soon.

I am not really digging the feeling of still being on a moving boat today...makes focusing and walking around my house a challenge. LOL

I missed you all and had good intentions of checking in often, but internet on the ship was quite pricey and with the storm kept a lot of people from logging on. I have a lot of reading to catch up on that is for sure!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 205/182 start IP/170/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
hey Rainbow, do you count it as a restricted?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 290/241/145

Height: 5'4"

6 more pounds gone, woohoo! So far finding it quite easy to stay 100% OP, altho I really considered a glass of wine or a cocktail on Saturday night - but in the end I stuck to ice water.

It's been raining since sometime last night, looks like we're getting a shot of Sandy starting tonight. Everyone in Sandy's path, stay safe!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #71  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvei View Post
Oriental dressing (can be used as a marinade)
1/8 cup olive oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup Soy sauce
2 tbsp Dijon or hot mustard
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp ginger

Blend on high
YUM!!! Going to have to try this one tonight!

Quote:
gem.....did you get your hair cut!! i LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR!!! omg you are ADORABLE and soo pretty!! love the halloween costume too!! woot woot!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
I totally agree with Rainbow! You look so different and fabulous!!
Thanks Rainbow & Willi! No haircut, I actually got an "updo" for the first time in my life! I've always had pretty short hair, and have been letting it grow since I started IP. It was fun to look all "girly," but taking the 25 bobby pins holding it all together out was less fun : (

Part of my weight loss journey has been finding ways to keep busy in the evenings (when my husband plays online games - & when I used to binge on carbs). Making a lot of our Halloween costumes was a great way to keep my hands busy. Now on to home-made jewelry & cards for the holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've lost 33 and nobody has really noticed. Once I posted pics on 3FC, EVERYONE said something (thanks guys!) but I have to say, the more you have to lose, the more it takes before people notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
I have lost 38+lbs and most people don't notice.
Lisa & ROFL.... it took about 50 lbs before anyone noticed I was losing weight! Before then, I got a few vague compliments, like "that's a pretty shirt" or "Did you do something with your hair?" But you are both right - you are on this journey for YOU - not the other gals in your office/workplace!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Quote:
BRAVO for not cheating...you are doing GREAT....learning how NOT to cheat when things are going rough is a HUGE accomplishment!! YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF!! I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!
Rainbow, you are the bestest!!!

A great NSV just now... one of my coworkers told me how much thinner my face looked, and more importantly, healthier!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #73  
started IP 10/27/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/237.8/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvei View Post
Only from scratch for me. There are plenty of super recipe for dressings without killing your tastebuds!

Here is an easy one (easily doubled/tripled):

Oriental dressing (can be used as a marinade)
1/8 cup olive oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup Soy sauce
2 tbsp Dijon or hot mustard
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp ginger

Blend on high
I made this tonight and it was great. A little tart for me so I put a little stevia in it to sweeten it up a little. But other than that I was great. Thanks so much.

Last edited by Nikki2476; 10-29-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
I have lost 38+lbs and most people don't notice. I don't advertise that I eat any differently or that I am avoiding drinks. I actually pretend I consider the other food before I make my choice. I also had the sizes in my closet so I never wore baggy clothes. The only thing I don't get away with is my leather coat. It is too big but I won't replace it till I find gently used or I am done being shrunk.
Sometimes I wonder if people don't notice or if they are trying to be polite by not commenting on a personal matter. Here we know we can comment on weight loss, that's what we are here for. But out in the real world, unless you are telling someone all about your dieting, they may not know if it is acceptable to say something. To illustrate, a friend of mine lost a fair amount of weight and it was very obvious to most folks. However, her husband left her and her 3 kids, which is what accounted for her dramatic loss...she stopped eating, but not in a good way for a good reason. Occassionally someone not very close to her would ask how she lost so much weight or what her "secret" was and she would reply "you don't want to know." A few insisted that they did want to know, because her "results" were so dramatic, making it very awkward. People can lose weight for several reasons (health problem, personal problem, etc.) and I've always thought it wasn't appropriate to comment unless someone invites you to by sharing the details with you. Even when they are trying to lose weight, some people don't like to talk details with others. My sister has lost about 100 lbs and she doesn't like to talk with others about it.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Hi everyone! I haven't been in this forum for awhile...but I just want to wish all of you in Sandy's path a safe week. Thinking of all of you!!
Closed Thread