Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #76  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skini mini View Post
Rainbow I must be from that other world because I totally remember Tiger Beat! All those groovy pictures of Bobby Sherman, Donny Osmand need I say more! This doesn't give away my age does it?
Just the hairstyles bring back memories! And yes I totally remember Tiger Beat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra14k View Post
I had my first all out OP cheat today and feel awful. It didn't even taste good so it wasn't worth it I know. I just haven't lost anything in 2 weeks and feeling a little discouraged. I really want to lose this weight and I know that this is the only diet that shows it works - but we have to follow it 100% or we are just wasting our time and money. So hang in there - we can do it.
Two weeks with no loss isn't unusual even if you are 100% true to the plan, and know that a cheat is just going to put you further behind. Hang in there, tweak the diet a bit and find what gets the scale moving again. This diet really does work as you know, but you have to trust the process, even when beyond frustrated. So now dust yourself off, and continue on.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #77  

Height: 5'5"

I bought a mandolin to make even slices for the zucchini chips. Don't make the same mistake I did. That neat little safety pusher that comes with it? Use it! I didn't and I almost sliced off the end of my thumb. Obviously, I should have known better, and I certainly won't do that again. LOL.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #78  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
I bought a mandolin to make even slices for the zucchini chips. Don't make the same mistake I did. That neat little safety pusher that comes with it? Use it! I didn't and I almost sliced off the end of my thumb. Obviously, I should have known better, and I certainly won't do that again. LOL.
yeowchies! you just gave me the chills. Take care!

I used my mandolin today to slice up jicama root. It has a julienne setting for small size fries, so I used that. We'll see how they do, but I put Cinnamon and some stevia in the bag with them and shook it up before putting in the dehydrator. Since I only used two racks, I filled the rest with apples for hubby and son. Got to use my apple peeler/slicer dohicky machine which was fun.

We ordered our Excaliber dehydrator. We've been using my mom's so far and it works nice but doesn't get quite as high temp for jerky making, plus we have a farm we will be moving onto in a few years with lots of fruit trees planted but not yet producting due to tree maturity and deer liking fruit and us not being there yet. Hubby has done a lot of research on it - so that's what we're getting. 9 racks, fan in the back, yada yada. It's a spendy dehydrator, but should last the rest of our lifetimes. Ought to be here by end of next week - and I can dry the rest of those apples.

Hmmm dealing with sweet apples, today - and I made hubby air pop popcorn with a lot of butter on top. The thought of a taste crossed my mind but not seriously before it was shoved out of the way. Today was good.

Oh, and.. I went to Super Supplements store today and got some Syntrax - Nectar in Fuzzy Navel flavor. I'll get to try it out tomorrow. Got come coconut oil and some hand/body lotion too. Funny how some days really are a challenge/hungry (head hunger or real hunger) and others are just no problem.

Last edited by Halfagain; 08-26-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra14k View Post
I had my first all out OP cheat today and feel awful. It didn't even taste good so it wasn't worth it I know. I just haven't lost anything in 2 weeks and feeling a little discouraged. I really want to lose this weight and I know that this is the only diet that shows it works - but we have to follow it 100% or we are just wasting our time and money. So hang in there - we can do it.
Sierra. You are at the same place I was when I started in May. Now I am almost to goal. I had some slow and no loss weeks. But I average about 2 pounds a week.

Stay OP and it will come off.

Be patient
Don't cheat.
This works..it's about the only thing that does for me.
It's hard sometimes, but you can do hard things
Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #80  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
yeowchies! you just gave me the chills. Take care!

I used my mandolin today to slice up jicama root. It has a julienne setting for small size fries, so I used that. We'll see how they do, but I put Cinnamon and some stevia in the bag with them and shook it up before putting in the dehydrator. Since I only used two racks, I filled the rest with apples for hubby and son. Got to use my apple peeler/slicer dohicky machine which was fun.

We ordered our Excaliber dehydrator. We've been using my mom's so far and it works nice but doesn't get quite as high temp for jerky making, plus we have a farm we will be moving onto in a few years with lots of fruit trees planted but not yet producting due to tree maturity and deer liking fruit and us not being there yet. Hubby has done a lot of research on it - so that's what we're getting. 9 racks, fan in the back, yada yada. It's a spendy dehydrator, but should last the rest of our lifetimes. Ought to be here by end of next week - and I can dry the rest of those apples.

Hmmm dealing with sweet apples, today - and I made hubby air pop popcorn with a lot of butter on top. The thought of a taste crossed my mind but not seriously before it was shoved out of the way. Today was good.

Oh, and.. I went to Super Supplements store today and got some Syntrax - Nectar in Fuzzy Navel flavor. I'll get to try it out tomorrow. Got come coconut oil and some hand/body lotion too. Funny how some days really are a challenge/hungry (head hunger or real hunger) and others are just no problem.
well i am sitting here just filled with love for you for staying so strong around all that popcorn!!! your posts are always so inspiring...you always talk of conquering every day!!! thank you for setting the bar so high!!!!

i have been researching the Excalibur too....trying to get my "sugar daddy" to let go of some cash!!! Did you get the black one or white one?? which model??

i saw something posted on another thread that really made me re-think some...they said..

Can't believe all the good stuff we get to eat!!

i LOVE that mentality....and thats how i feel eating oven baked "veggie chips"!!!!

have a great day!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #81  

I'm lurking here til my birthday in March. IP will make me Fabulous at 50!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #82  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm lurking here til my birthday in March. IP will make me Fabulous at 50!
FABULOUS AT 49 and holding!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #83  

Height: 5'2"

Delgen -Your numbers are almost the same as mine, but I am just starting out -4 weeks into the program. How long did it take you to get where you are? My numbers don't seem to be moving as fast as I want them to be.

Last edited by ddpaddler; 08-26-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #84  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Sometimes I hate our internet connection! I just tried to post something and got kicked off when I clicked on "post quick reply"! Unfortunately, there aren't any good options to switch to up here in the 'boonies'.

What I was saying is: Used the dehydrator to make zucchini chips Friday night and they are so good! Then my VIP sliced up a couple of tomatoes from the garden, added basil & garlic powder and dried them...OMG! AWESOME!!! We will certainly be using this machine a lot more now. Lizzy, we have the same machine you do I believe. Does your Meijer store carry the extra shelves? Ours doesn't. I'll see if they can order them for me.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #85  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Sometimes I hate our internet connection! I just tried to post something and got kicked off when I clicked on "post quick reply"! Unfortunately, there aren't any good options to switch to up here in the 'boonies'.

What I was saying is: Used the dehydrator to make zucchini chips Friday night and they are so good! Then my VIP sliced up a couple of tomatoes from the garden, added basil & garlic powder and dried them...OMG! AWESOME!!! We will certainly be using this machine a lot more now. Lizzy, we have the same machine you do I believe. Does your Meijer store carry the extra shelves? Ours doesn't. I'll see if they can order them for me.
yummmmm on those dehydrated tomatoes!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpaddler View Post
Delgen -Your numbers are almost the same as mine, but I am just starting out -4 weeks into the program. How long did it take you to get where you are? My numbers don't seem to be moving as fast as I want them to be.
Here are my WI numbers:
WI1 -4. WI2 -2.5. WI3. -1.5. WI4 -3.5. WI5 -2. WI6 -0. WI7. -2. WI8. -3.5 WI 9 -4. WI 10. -2 WI 11 -1.5

I went 3 weeks without a weigh in when I was on vacation on WI 9, and lost 4 that time.
I must have missed a WI there but lose slowly compared to most. I have lost almost 30 pounds. And I started May 25th, or around that date.

The program works, and I am just patient and steady and never cheat. Never.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #87  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

Oh, wow - gotta try the tomatoes... I may just try dehydrating every veggie on our list...

I don't think they have the trays at the store. I checked the nesco website, though, and the 2 packs of trays for this dehydrator are on sale for $14.95 - regular $19.95, I think.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Hi, Cyndie - I have a Nesco model FD-60 purchased at Meijer for around $50. Seems to do a good job and it's less expensive than some other models. Also, I like that you can add more trays to expand the capacity.
Liz,

You are doing great! keep up the good work
Old 08-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Peep that got the Syntrax Fuzzy Navel, I love that one!

well, I guess I am going to have to get a dehydrator....

Tiger Beat.... ha ha ha. I never spent money on it, but my sister did. lol
Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post

Timely reminder as I lost count of the number of band aids I've changed on my thumb. I also remembered why I had to buy a mandolin again. Hubby always takes them away from me as a prevention of me losing all my fingers. I have this one hidden away like a nasty secret! But why are the pusher parts all so awkward? On this one the pusher is far too big and keeps jamming. After I cut my thumb I started to use a fork to push the veggies, but have to be careful with that too.

I guess I will just have to break down and buy one of the more expensive types and see if the pusher works better.

Pat
Closed Thread