Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Great job.
My only advice is that phase 1 is way less work than phase 2! I work out every day intensely and stuck with phase 1 to goal as the effort of making 2 meals every days was beyond me! You can always add protein in the form of eggs, etc. if you think you aren't getting enough with the packets!

Just my experience. Good luck!
ooh - good point! I've read some of the phase 2 folks and it does look a little tougher. I still have a couple weeks to go. Like others have said, it's a bit scary thinking about it, but on the other hand...oh to eat fruit, yogurt and bread again
Old 08-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #92  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
thank you beautiful!!!!!!!
AMAZING!! You look GRRRR-EAT!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #93  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
AMAZING!! You look GRRRR-EAT!
thank you so much renee
Old 08-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
BAHAHAHAHAHA....This totally made me burst at the seams!! I appreciate all my followers...Glad im not the only one who reads my own work...lol
i just took a break in my meeting - one of the girls here is also doing IP and I read her the forecast. We are cracking up.
thanks for the newsbreak in our day!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Happy Thursday! Had WI #3 today; down 2.5 lbs

Struggling with lots of social outings and trying to stay OP. I am someone that really doesn't want people to know when I'm on a diet. I've failed so many times in the past I don't want to have to explain myself again. Does anyone else feel this way?

Thanks to all for the encouraging words and sharing of wisdom!

Soooo feeling your pain/whatever you want to call it!! My sister and mom are visiting this weekend, so guess I'm up for THE discussions. But thankfully I am feeling soooo committed to IP and have stayed 100%OP...even spit out the 1 piece of popcorn I tried to sneak, that I think I will be okay.

Port hardy girl...muchly appreciated, particularly up here in Tumbler Ridge!!
Have a great...OP...day, everyone.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Forgot to say - I (just barely) dropped into the next decade today. Next WI I hope to make my goal of making the halfway point (even if I do have a cast on my foot by then )!
congrats!! the next decades are fun times - we're going backwards, as opposed to our age hahaha
Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #97  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Had my WI this morning...down 4 lbs & 3"! (I only WI every 2 weeks)
Overall, I'm down 28 1/2 lbs & 24", and my BMI has dropped from 36.2 to 29.1! % of fat dropped from 43.7 to 38.8 (though they say this one may not always be accurate).
Congrats on the losss. Looks like you made the correct dinner choice last night. For those who do not know, greeniris and I met and had dinner together last night. I was really great to met and spend time with another IPer. We found we also had some personal things in common, so it was a really fun time.

Quote:
Rainbow - You look fantastic!!!! WOW
I definitely second that.

I miss being able to read and comment much, but we have ancient bad phone lines and slow dialup here at the cottage, plus there's way too much fun stuff here to sit inside at the computer. Today it's raining and DH is taking a nap, so I jumped on for a few.

Congrats to all the great WIs and work everyone is doing. Welcome to the newbies and a big back to Wuv. We've missed you.

Everyone have a fanatastic rest of today.

Molly
Old 08-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Happy Thursday! Had WI #3 today; down 2.5 lbs

Struggling with lots of social outings and trying to stay OP. I am someone that really doesn't want people to know when I'm on a diet. I've failed so many times in the past I don't want to have to explain myself again. Does anyone else feel this way?

Thanks to all for the encouraging words and sharing of wisdom!
Way to go on your 3rd WI! Your stats are looking great! My best advice for responding when people try to talk to you about your program if you aren't ready to discuss it is to have a great topic changer in mind. i.e. if someone starts to ask, you just say something like, "I'd love to talk about the changes I've been making for my health, but before I forget, I wanted to ask you about ___ " most people love to talk about themselves and if you ask about their kids, grandkid, job, volunteer work, whatever, they'll likely forget they even mentioned your weight loss.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Hi everyone. I wil be starting to follow the IP protocol with alternatives in a weeks time. I won't be using a coach or a clinic. When you get measured, where does your coach measure you? Top of arms, bust......? I want to take pics and measure myself when I begin. I'm excited and nervous to begin. i don't want this diet to go the way of all the others, really I'm worried that i will sabotage my self. I read someone here mentioning that people have to "white knuckle" through the cravings and take it meal by meal, day by day to begin with.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hi View Post
Way to go on your 3rd WI! Your stats are looking great! My best advice for responding when people try to talk to you about your program if you aren't ready to discuss it is to have a great topic changer in mind. i.e. if someone starts to ask, you just say something like, "I'd love to talk about the changes I've been making for my health, but before I forget, I wanted to ask you about ___ " most people love to talk about themselves and if you ask about their kids, grandkid, job, volunteer work, whatever, they'll likely forget they even mentioned your weight loss.
Great advice. I'm going to have to use this idea.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #101  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I definitely second that.
Molly
thank you molly....i sure wish i could meet you one day!!! hugsss
enjoy your time at the cottage!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Hi everyone. I wil be starting to follow the IP protocol with alternatives in a weeks time. I won't be using a coach or a clinic. When you get measured, where does your coach measure you? Top of arms, bust......? I want to take pics and measure myself when I begin. I'm excited and nervous to begin. i don't want this diet to go the way of all the others, really I'm worried that i will sabotage my self. I read someone here mentioning that people have to "white knuckle" through the cravings and take it meal by meal, day by day to begin with.
I was so ready to get going on Alt IP and I was determined to not anything deter me. I did not have the cravings or side effects that I have read about but I kept myself really busy, moving all day. I don't know how they measure at an official IP program but I measure just about everything except for my wrists and ankles . See blog as to how I measure.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #103  

Height: 5'5"

Happy Thursday Everyone! I tried the BigMac in a Bowl. I don't know who's recipe it was, but omg, that is like cheating it's so good. That's my new favorite quick meal. I also made a pot of the "meal in a crock pot" from another recipe here, and my adult kids ate most of it. They said, "you should make that more often, it tastes like Gumbo".

I am feeling very good and get getting around quite well on the crutches. I can tell I am losing and I'm really looking forward to my next WI. That is so funny. I've done so many other diets, but I never looked forward to WI's before.

My next mini goal was to hit Onederland by my birthday, Oct 19th. But, at the rate I'm going I may beat that by a few weeks!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
I need some tough love...the past couple weeks I have cheated a day or two..last week i ended up with a 1 pound loss and WI is later today and by my scale I am the same..I don't know what my problem is..its like most of the week I do great then a day or two before WI we go out to eat and I tell myself it will be ok but its not..people have been commenting on my weight loss so i don't know if the compliments went to my head or what...why am I sabotaging myself ??and how to I get myself 100 percent back on track? has anyone else been thru this? please help! I feel like I am going crazy
Right now would not eat out at all or be near people who are not a positive influence. Put yourself first.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
thank you molly....i sure wish i could meet you one day!!! hugsss
enjoy your time at the cottage!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rainbow,
Great photo!
Closed Thread