Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Happy thursday everyone! Way to go on the WI's and the SMALLER SIZES!! I had my WI today and am down a little over 4 pounds! My total is 28.4. Still waiting to break the 30 mark but feeling good. My coach thinks I look great and she said we may actually go to phase 2 when I hit 140. She says I'll still lose and I may need that extra protein, especially if I'm working out. (She OK'd that as well). I showed her the gap in my size 10 waist!

Life is good in IP land here in PA!

I am in meetings all day so likely won't check back til tonight. I've fallen into the habit of catching up while watching the Olympics

Have a GREAT DAY!

Renee
Old 08-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #17  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I made some garlic mashed cauli the other day for supper and had a bunch left over (hubby and the kids were not as enamored as I was!). Was hankering for a little more hearty breakfast today, so I mixed about 2/3 cup of the leftovers with 1 egg white for a binder, and fried it in an attempt to make cauli-hash browns to go with my IP omelet. It wasn't half bad! I have to play around with the ratios a little and it seemed to take a LONG time to get browned, but I had a pretty hearty breakfast!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #18  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Good morning IPeeps! Well the good news is my 16's are TOO BIG!!! The bad news is that now I have nothing to wear to work again... but that's okay - I guess it's time to hit Nordstrom Rack and hope to find stuff.
Happy OP Day all!
I absolutely love it when my clothes are falling off of me, haha. No really I am only in my 6th week and I am constantly pulling up my pants as I walk.

congrats on the size change. That is an awesome feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, woke up feeling great after the tummy ache yesterday. This week seems to have flown by, and the month also, already August! Well for me here in FL, just waiting for Oct and some cooler weather. Ok IP buddies, I am shooting for 15 more lbs gone by my birthday next month (25 Sep), that will put me in onederland, what a glorious birthday present that will be. Keep the fingers crossed for me!
Glad to hear you are feeling better. I am also with you on the cooler weather, (I'm in LA). You can do the 15 lbs. Thats easy, you got this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
Hi, my name is Julie, and I'm an every day weigher...!! I'm on my 9th week, so I've been through fluctuations, but today I was 3 pounds higher than I was on Monday. I don't like it!! Hopefully it will whoosh right off. I was REALLY hungry yesterday, but didn't cheat at all. I know I shouldn't worry about it. Maybe I'll try not to weigh again until Sunday, which is my WI day....I doubt I can do it, though!!

This week has seemed so long....not sure why! So glad tomorrow's Friday!!
HI Julie, I am Aimee and I am also an every day weigher, even though I have no business being one, LOL. It frustrates me to know end to see the scale not moving or moving very slowly. BUT I am working on trying to not get on it as often. Eventually I would love to just go by the clinic's scale but I know how hard it is to wait that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
Happy thursday everyone! Way to go on the WI's and the SMALLER SIZES!! I had my WI today and am down a little over 4 pounds! My total is 28.4. Still waiting to break the 30 mark but feeling good. My coach thinks I look great and she said we may actually go to phase 2 when I hit 140. She says I'll still lose and I may need that extra protein, especially if I'm working out. (She OK'd that as well). I showed her the gap in my size 10 waist!

I am in meetings all day so likely won't check back til tonight. I've fallen into the habit of catching up while watching the Olympics

Have a GREAT DAY!

Renee
Whooohoooo!!! Great job on the loss! That is awesome. Oh and for the baggy size 10's, cant wait until I am in your shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I made some garlic mashed cauli the other day for supper and had a bunch left over (hubby and the kids were not as enamored as I was!). Was hankering for a little more hearty breakfast today, so I mixed about 2/3 cup of the leftovers with 1 egg white for a binder, and fried it in an attempt to make cauli-hash browns to go with my IP omelet. It wasn't half bad! I have to play around with the ratios a little and it seemed to take a LONG time to get browned, but I had a pretty hearty breakfast!
Ok how do you make the garlic mashed cauli? I want to give that a try.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #19  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post

Ok how do you make the garlic mashed cauli? I want to give that a try.
I kinda mixed up recipes I found here and on some other IP websites. I steamed a head of cauliflower until it was pretty soft (softer than you'd leave it if you were going to eat it as a side by itself). Drained, rinsed briefly in cold water, then ran it through the food processor with some salt, pepper, onion powder and 2 cloves of fresh pressed garlic until it was not-quite totally pureed. If I make them again I'll add a step and let the mash mix drain in a colander for a few minutes before serving, it was good but a little watery for my taste. Still made for a nice alternative at suppertime!

If you don't have a food processor, I *think* that rainbowsmiles has a post in her recipe thread where she just used a fork/potato masher to beat them into submission
Old 08-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by chremme View Post
drakegirl - Big congrats! Shopping for smaller clothes - what a drag And fantastic excuse!

Questions : is anyone here on or done with Phase 3? I'm so lost...

I'm about to make my second breakfast on Phase 3 this morning and was wondering if I could get some feedback on it as I'm still super confused and unsure about how to handle this phase.

BREAKFAST YESTERDAY:
1 slice of bread: 35 cal 0 fat 8 carb 2 protein
1 hard-boiled egg: 78 cal 5.3 fat .5 carb 6.29 protein
Yogurt cup: 45 cal 2 fat 3 carb 5 protein
1 cup of strawberries: 53 cal .5 fat 12.75 carb 1.11 protein
1/2 IP vanilla pudding: 45 cal .5 fat 1 carb 9 protein
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
256 cal 8.3 fat 25.25 carb 21.6 protein

BREAKFAST TODAY:
1 slice of bread: 35 cal 0 fat 8 carb 2 protein
3.25 oz (6 tbsp) egg white: 50 cal 0 fat 0 carb 10 protein
1 oz neufchatel cheese 70 cal 6 fat 1 carb 2 protein
.5 cup of strawberries: 26.5 cal .25 fat 6.375 carb .555 protein
.5 cup of rhubarb 13 cal 0.12 fat 2.77 carb .55 protein
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------grand total: 194.5 cal 6.37 fat 18.145 carb 15.10 protein

I've fallen in love with mixing IP vanilla pudding packets with iced coffee in the morning, so used a half pack yesterday morning (since I noticed my protein levels were low anyway). Is this okay to do again today?

I still have an IP Crispy Cereal packet as well as an Omelet IP packet, can I use these at breakfast to supplement the rest of my meal?

Same goes for dinner... I have a ton of Chicken soup packets left, if I use one to cook with, should I still be getting my 8 oz. of meat protein with that meal?

I apologize for so many questions, just want to make sure I don't screw this up and backtrack!

Thanks, all. Have a great day!
Christine
It doesn't look to my like you're getting enough protein - I was told I needed at the very least 25 grams or protein at breakfast. You can also have up to 15 grams of fat, so if you wanted to make it easy I'd just double what you had planned for today, with the exception of the cheese (you're not supposed to have more than 120 calories of dairy).

Obviously your coach will know best, but the paperwork I received said to make sure I had the following:
-Up to 30 grams net carbs (you can deduct fiber from the total carb count) of grains
-Up to 20 grams net carbs of fruit
-Up to 120 calories dairy
-Atleast 25 grams protein
-NO MORE than 15 grams total fat for the meal
-You'll end up between 400 and 500 calories for the meal

Basically I had two meals that I just alternated between:

Meal One - Less than the 15 grams fat; more than 25 grams protein; and was within the 30 grams carbs of grains, 20 grams carbs of fruit, and 120 calories of dairy
-Two slices of Orowheat toast
-Two turkey sausage patties
-Cup of greek yogurt with the attached fruit compote

Meal Two - Less than the 15 grams fat; more than 25 grams protein; and was within the 30 grams carbs of grains, 20 grams carbs of fruit, and 120 calories of dairy
-1.5 cups Kashi Go Lean Cereal
-.5 cup sugar free vanilla almond milk
-Two turkey sausage patties

On the weekends when I wanted coffee with cream, I'd go with the second meal as it allowed for three tablespoons of half and half without maxing out the dairy calorie count and the fat count.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
yum!!! garlic is a vegetable in our house. we eat it in everything.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #22  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

I too am a daily weigher. Today it paid off 2.4lbs in one day, but I know tomorrow it very well could be up. I am 100% OP so I know it will come off no matter what the daily up and downs do.

Yesterday I was so hungry all day. I made a spinach chocolate shake, so there was no actual chewing and for dinner I had an omelet with 2 eggs and 1c spinach and 1c mushrooms (which of course cook down to nothing). My bar was the only saving grace. I couldn't sleep I was so hungry. Hot tea helped a little. Today it will be large salads.

Happy Thursday!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #23  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
yum!!! garlic is a vegetable in our house. we eat it in everything.
Haha here too! We joke that we never have to worry about being attacked by vampires, I'm sure they can smell my kitchen from a mile away
Old 08-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
Hi, my name is Julie, and I'm an every day weigher...!! I'm on my 9th week, so I've been through fluctuations, but today I was 3 pounds higher than I was on Monday. I don't like it!! Hopefully it will whoosh right off. I was REALLY hungry yesterday, but didn't cheat at all. I know I shouldn't worry about it. Maybe I'll try not to weigh again until Sunday, which is my WI day....I doubt I can do it, though!!

This week has seemed so long....not sure why! So glad tomorrow's Friday!!
I have always been a daily weigher. It is good in maintenance, not so good in phase 1.

Just remember that if you are staying op that it is all water fluctuations and will resolve. There is no possible way you eat enough to gain 3 pounds.

Note what foods you ate. If I eat turnip fries I am always up for a day.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #25  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone!

I am starting to get nervous about this camping trip. I mean I will only be gone one full day from home. I know I can stay OP but I am worried about getting all my veggies in. I'll just have to make sure I packed everything I need (which will have to be done tonight) since we are leaving right after work tomorrow.

Looks like alot of you have had some aweome losses this week so far. That it great.

I am starting to feel my pants falling down. I can tell when I am walking b/c I end up walking on the back part of my pants. What a good feeling!

Sunday is the day. First preseason football game! WHO DAT!!

Hope everyone has a good OP day!!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post

Have a GREAT DAY!

Renee
Great job.
My only advice is that phase 1 is way less work than phase 2! I work out every day intensely and stuck with phase 1 to goal as the effort of making 2 meals every days was beyond me! You can always add protein in the form of eggs, etc. if you think you aren't getting enough with the packets!

Just my experience. Good luck!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #27  

Height: 5'4"

I have heard something about chia seeds and how they can keep you full for longer periods of time. Does anyone know any info about them? I am going to look them up but figured you smart people probably know the details and can tell me a yes or no if they are allowed/good/bad/ugly.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 138/120/115

Height: 5'5

Here's a great recipe for a Chia seed pudding:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/m...a-pudding.html

They're an amazing source of fiber (which is lacking on this diet).

Mango Coconut Chia Pudding
Servings: 2 • Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 159.1 • Fat: 9.6 g • Protein: 3.6 g • Carb: 17.9 g • Fiber: 6.5 g • Sugar: 9.2 g
Sodium: 52.2 mg

Ingredients:
1/2 cup lite coconut milk
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
3/4 cup fresh ripe champagne mango, diced
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp sweetened shredded coconut
4-6 drops Nu-Naturals liquid stevia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mango-coconut-chia-pudding.jpg (32.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #29  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I have heard something about chia seeds and how they can keep you full for longer periods of time. Does anyone know any info about them? I am going to look them up but figured you smart people probably know the details and can tell me a yes or no if they are allowed/good/bad/ugly.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/3061/2

I found this link with nutritional value of 1 oz chia seeds - if this is accurate then I don't think you can have it on Phase 1 (12g carbs) but it might be ok for the other Phases, would be worth checking with your coach!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #30  

Default Big week

K, I started IP the end of May...I weighed in today and I'm down a total of 40lbs....I'm very excited...On the other hand...I have a job interview which is a physical hands on factory simulation for 5 hours on Tuesday. I've talked to my instructor and she is allowing me to go out of ketsosis(sp) on Monday and start back full force on Wednesday morning. I have to eat properly those 2 days so I have lots of energy to full this intererview...

Any advice?
Closed Thread