Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #76  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
To be quite honest i think she's just a catty b'tch. Women hate to see other women suceed or do what they cant ya know. When she started asking me about my diet and how much weight i have lost and how long, i could tell she was fishing for something to say neg. It's like the people around me keep asking me when i'm going to be done and that i dont need to lose anymore weight.. "well if i lose more, i'd be smaller than you" and that bothers them. It's like everyone is trying to keep me at the "fat" friend. I'm so over it. And to hear it from a doctor.. kills me. My bmi is still "obese" that's not healthy! I'm 5'4 and linger between 195-200lbs.. that's not healthy! I have knee and arthritis in my back (thanks to accidents and 15 year in cosmetology) but that's not healthy.. I have a double chin and i giggle.. that's not healty... so why in your right doctoring mind or any other person tell me i should stop my diet.. Ugh.. if it was ok to hit people! LOL
And ya know I think you are right.. maybe i should be adding in protien before cookies. I never even thought about that. I will be bringing this up to my coach today. Maybe i am more active and need the caloires. IDK. We shall see
LOL - tell me what you REALLY think! Too bad you live so far north of Plano - I'd LOVE to hang out with you and b* about this over some drinks (IP RTDs of course)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
My Coach modified my plan a bit this works instead of me eating an extra packet every day. My body is weird. Thanks for the heads up though. Now that I am on restricted then I might not eat it as much.
My coach got me on that one in the beginning when I had salmon 3x in one week...oopsy! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGee View Post
I only had one amazing week of 5lbs and so I am so happy to see people lose greater than 4 lbs in one week. I go for my weigh in today. Last Monday's weigh in kinda sucked. Only .9 but I am hoping I am back on track. My size 16's are falling off! Yay! My closet ranges from 8-20W.(Only 2 pieces of clothes at 20W). Talk about denial!!!
LOL - you better be diligent about keeping track of what clothes fit and get lined up for the next size down - it goes FAST. There were tops I'd been 'saving' for when they fit that are now too large, and I never even got to wear them. I'm planning on doing a closet re-org based on sizing this weekend, so I at least have a better chance at catching the next downsize. And talk about denial - you know you should upsize when you rip the seam in a pair of jeans...

Quote:
Do the IP diet members feel that it is easier to stay OP at home or at work?
I only work part-time (9-3), it's definitely easier for me to stick to the routine at work, since my home routine can get out of whack based on weather. Example, I take my son out everyday to play after my 4pm snack, but if it's raining we stay home and I have to fight my boredom binge urge.

Last edited by LizRR; 07-03-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #77  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

GGee Definitely 100% Easier at work, for sure no question. The weekends I struggle if I'm not go go go go go the whole time. As soon as my butt hits the couch I think "ooooh M&Ms" and other horrid thoughts!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Well, the good news is that I was able get more IP packets at another clinic that had power, but the bad news is that I got food poisoning or flu, and am a sick chicky trying to decide if I can ride 10 hours in the car today. We aren't due to leave until 1:00, so I have more time to recoop. ARG!!!!
Oh, no! Jean, I will pray for you! Try to stay hydrated!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

After a few weeks of me on IP my DF started and is doing amazing. However, I want to share a weird NSV with everyone....my mom joined IP yesterday. My mother is quite large and I've always been afraid she would die of a heart attack or diabetes. For YEARS, she's "wanted" to lose weight but she's like me and gives into temptation and likes food too much and always fails. She was going to try Jenny Craig this summer to try to start and I'd support her because she was going to finally take some action. Well, after hearing each week about my successes and seeing me resist tons of temptation, she made the call on her own and started IP last night. I am nervous for her due to her past experiences, but I am really committed for her to be successful. I may be posting random questions from her off and on too.

I don't eat fish, but she was curious how people cook their fish and since there's no butter, what do you use and what sauce do you dip shrimp in? Hope everyone has a safe 4th and a great 100% OP day :-)
Old 07-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Do the IP diet members feel that it is easier to stay OP at home or at work?
you know its kinda funny. "before" IP - being home was awful. I always have snacks here for the kids lunches and it was easy to graze all day.

Now - i work in office 1-2 times/week and work from home the rest - and honestly, its no different for me.

At work - I'm walking around and busy so i have to make sure i'm getting my water in. But I go prepared and I've stashed a few packets at my desk just in case I forget.

At home - i like that i have access to the stove so I can cook something at lunch if I want. hmm..my husband is usually here too. Maybe i should start baking cookies at lunch. LOL!

I think the key to both is be prepared and always always have the water bottle handy!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxybrown View Post
I'm hoping you are feeling better soon, dizzyjean.

Today, I'm in a BLAH mood. I feel down. Feel tired. I weighed myself yesterday a bit early and saw I lost 3 pounds...yet, I still feel like blah and I guess unfulfilled. I just want to go back to bed. I don't think reading articles about how dangerous it is to lose more than 1-2 pounds of weight per week really helped me today. I just feel really down right now. Don't know what to do.
Foxxybrown...

Stick with this. You body is telling you to rest! You are doing great. The AMAZING energy will come....I promise!!!! It took a while for me. I did not feel like a rock star until I was in to my second month...and now, YAY...I feel AMAZING!!!! You really need to listen to your body. Accept that you feel BLAH, have some salt, drink water, and try to relax! Blah is not from IP...it is from your body making changes and dealing with the healthy plan you are on! Believe in yourself and believe in your body!!!! You got this!!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #82  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Thanks for checking up, wuv. I just had IP chicken noodle soup. I think I finally found a soup I like. I added some cauliflower and am really enjoying lunch. I waited an extra hour, which is fine with me.

As for the work vs home question, I don't suppose anyone else around here works at a University residence hall? Part of my compensation is a meal plan in the dining halls. There are programs with pizza or ice cream served a few times a week. I am about to begin RA training where we order delivery or catering for every meal of the day. So at home is way better for me! I am so glad to have a month of laid back summer to get used to this before things pick up. At home, I got rid of all non OP foods. It feels like a safe space

~Jenni
Old 07-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
After a few weeks of me on IP my DF started and is doing amazing. However, I want to share a weird NSV with everyone....my mom joined IP yesterday. My mother is quite large and I've always been afraid she would die of a heart attack or diabetes. For YEARS, she's "wanted" to lose weight but she's like me and gives into temptation and likes food too much and always fails. She was going to try Jenny Craig this summer to try to start and I'd support her because she was going to finally take some action. Well, after hearing each week about my successes and seeing me resist tons of temptation, she made the call on her own and started IP last night. I am nervous for her due to her past experiences, but I am really committed for her to be successful. I may be posting random questions from her off and on too.

I don't eat fish, but she was curious how people cook their fish and since there's no butter, what do you use and what sauce do you dip shrimp in? Hope everyone has a safe 4th and a great 100% OP day :-)
Tons and tons of good luck to your mom!
We eat fish at least once a week. Either we bake it or grill it in foil. we put a little olive oil on the top; fresh herbs and seasoning; wrap the foil and put on the grill. Sometimes we pan fry it with Pam or a very little bit of oil so it doesn't stick. Shrimp - usually put it on a skewer on the grill.. YUM and i eat it without sauce.. sometimes just some fresh lemon. my coach said a few squirts from a lemon is fine.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Goooooddd morning everyone!

Starting my detox today! Also just did an impromptu BBQ for tonight... we'll see if anyone comes, but we are opening our house

I'm baking up some buffalo wings for dinner tonight- can't wait!
What is detox????
Old 07-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng View Post
Thanks for checking up, wuv. I just had IP chicken noodle soup. I think I finally found a soup I like. I added some cauliflower and am really enjoying lunch. I waited an extra hour, which is fine with me.

As for the work vs home question, I don't suppose anyone else around here works at a University residence hall? Part of my compensation is a meal plan in the dining halls. There are programs with pizza or ice cream served a few times a week. I am about to begin RA training where we order delivery or catering for every meal of the day. So at home is way better for me! I am so glad to have a month of laid back summer to get used to this before things pick up. At home, I got rid of all non OP foods. It feels like a safe space

~Jenni
I work for a company that does software for higher ed - so all my customers are colleges - visiting some of those cafs is always an interesting experience! are you at Univ of Illinois?
Old 07-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #86  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Mlucas: I had no idea what "baking cookies" meant, so I was lost for a while I think that you are dealing super well with a toxic person. I can tell that you are dusting yourself off and looking straight ahead so that you can move forward. This is just another hurdle to jump and you will feel great when you get past it!

~Jenni
Old 07-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I tried the chicken soup with cauliflower and curry powder today. Hmmm, it's OK, but very salty. Guess I will be getting my water in easily enough! I have two packets of the chicken soup from my starter kit, so I will be trying this again.

I do better at work, even though there is more junk to eat at home. At work, I get the afternoon boredom munchies.

I notice my stomach feels better. Like more even keel or something?
Old 07-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
I'm extremly upset, so if i upset or offend anyone, my deepest apologies.

I have been dealing with LIFE. Everyone does and we all have our ups and downs and throught it all i am just holding on by a thread. My hormones are all over the place and my weight is too. I feel all i have is this diet, and even though i let it down and myself. I have been dealing with death, addictions, family falling apart, hating my job, home sick, cars breaking down, money, planning a wedding and now... my health. I have passed out a few times in the last few months. 2 nights ago was probably the worst of them all, and i'm so lucky that my fiance was there. Yes were were baking cookies again (and i say go hard or go home.. thats just me.. we go hard LOL) We were done and he gets into the shower, and i am to follow. But i'm not feeling right so i sit down on the toilet, i call to him letting him know that i think i'm going to passout and all i remember is coming too with him holding my face and then me getting sick. Everything else is a blur. The next day, yesterday i come into work and my head is everywhere. I can't concentrate, i have a massive headache, my thoughts a blurr i cant keep anything straight i would talk and make no sense. So i finally suck it up and go to my boss, and let him know what's going on.. I dont tell him that i passed out after baking cookies.. i tell him i was doing cardio! LOL He says to go to the dr. and i take his advice even though i think its nothing, maybe i got up to fast ya know. I go home finish up "50 Shades of Grey" which is amazing! I suggest everyone read it! I'm on book 2 now, and i'm not a reader.
Then go to the dr. She proceeds to think that i'm a crazy person, or now i have diabetes since my mom is a diabetic. I start to cry, i've worked in dialysis for years and I know that 65% of my patients are were diabetics 30% hypertension and the other % was genetics or immune issues. SO i cry, it's the main reason i went on this diet. The last thing in the world i want to be is diabetic. I know deep down in my heart, i am not diabetic. Then she proceeds to tell me, that if my blood work comes back clear, i am to go to a NEUROLOGIST! No remember i wasnt thinking right last night and i havent talked to anyone about this, so i think Neurologist...nerves. NOPE! I come to work today and a lady asks me about my appointment and i tell her and she points to her head... i look at her confussed.. and then she says.. brain! My heart just dropped! My friened just died from an anurisim or how ever you spell it. She went to work one day passed out, and died. In a matter of minuets. Leaving behind my best friend and there 1 year old baby boy after 8 months of marriage. I'm thinking possitive, but i'm holding on by a thread. On top of it all.. she the dr. tells me that it could be my diet, and then proceeds to tell me that after i'm done with the diet, I am just going to gain all the weight back, and that i just need to eat RIGHT and exersice. Umm.. thank you you SKINNY EFIN B'TCH! Thank you! For your got da'n input, thank you for that! I'm sure you understand the effin struggle you simple b'tch! Ugh.. i'm still so p'sd. Now i'm battleing being mad and scared and nervous. I'm an emotional wreck trying to keep it together.
I do have my WI today... I dont even want to go. But i will and i will sit there and look at her chipper skinny azz too and listen to her tell me how fabulous life is.
I have been trying to be positive and glass half full while dealing with all of this, not showing how i really feel, and bordening people with the issues that lie beneth... but yesterday and today.. broke this camel's back.

Sorry to be such a debbie downer.. but i dont know where else to turn. I'm lost.
Try to relax. Keep your appointments. Chances are, you are just fine!! You may want to google Vagal Response. My daughter is in her senior year of nursing and has passed out a few times. This has never happened prior to this year. Vagal response can be brought on by "extremes" in lots of different things. Hers was a response to extreme pressure and stress. It is not an uncommon thing. Look it up. Try to rest.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 206/197/140

Default Day 2!

I'm a newbie to IP and forums so here goes! I just have to tell you all that reading your posts and timelines of progress is SO motivating! I am so excited to have found a diet that makes so much sense! I just had the chicken soup with spinach in it YUM! maybe someday I'll be able to figure out how to post the ticker! Haha
Old 07-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday IPeeps!
Well tomorrow is the the fourth of July and want to wish all you happy Independence day! I see the Canadians just had their holiday weekend last week. We only get the one day off where I work so that kind of sucks but hey at least it's a paid day off for me.
Wishing you all a great OP day tomorrow and hoping it comes easy!
Hugs to you all!
Closed Thread