Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyG View Post
I am just starting the IP diet today. this a a great forum and I look forward to talking with all of you!

WELCOME, Cindy!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #92  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwethern View Post
I'm a newbie to IP and forums so here goes! I just have to tell you all that reading your posts and timelines of progress is SO motivating! I am so excited to have found a diet that makes so much sense! I just had the chicken soup with spinach in it YUM! maybe someday I'll be able to figure out how to post the ticker! Haha
Welcome to the IP family, You can't get a ticker until you are here 20 days and have posted 20 times. So just like the program, be patient and it will come
Old 07-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGee View Post
Do the IP diet members feel that it is easier to stay OP at home or at work?
Definitely at work. However, now that I am home for the summer, I am taking the time to cook more and discover new vegetables and recipes.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #94  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGee View Post
I can't believe that all this has happened to you. First of all I am sorry for your loss of your best friends. That is so sad. It is very scary. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. And yes, with all the hormones floating around, it doesn't feel any better. The hormones being released have really made me moody, sad and irritable.

As for your doc, what a terrible outlook she has. I personally know of people on the IP diet who have not only lost weight, kept it off and have stopped requiring diabetic meds because they lost the weight. Of course I am talking about type 2 diabetics. I myself was borderline and my sugars have been awesome while on the IP diet. Never over 100! So if you stick with the IP diet, I bet your A1C will show great results. You can't cheat on a AIc. That is a better indicator of how you are doing with your blood sugars.

Just take it day by day. That is all you can do. It is so very hard to stay on plan sometimes. But preparation will help you. Always have veggie snacks available. Try to not see and smell the cookies! LOL For me its popcorn. I hope they rule out that it is anything neurological. I know I felt nauseous and sick in the beginning of the IP diet. But it did pass.

I will be praying for you and hope you start to feel better soon.
I actually got a call at lunch time, my blood work all came back normal. My blood sugar was at 82. Which i figured would be normal, it's just the knee jerk reaction of diabetes being a possiblity. I will find out some time soon i guess.. she wants to talk to me more (her RN is the one who called me) apparently she has more to say to me and has a plan idk. I guess i will just wait and see. Thank you for your kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post

My mom takes a bus up to Bismark once a week, I could totally hide out in the luggage compartment and come give you a hug! As far as baking cookies, I actually know what you're talking about when it comes to light headedness. I noticed it actually because I don't eat before bed, like, ever, and DH always wants to bake at the ungoldy hour of like 3:00AM or something. Afterwards we take a shower, and the heat of the air (not the water, just the steam stuff) made me feel like my heart started racing, i got light headed and wanted to hurl. Solution? Have PowerAde Zero as soon as the cookies are baked...at least it worked for me, and it was Gatorade before the um, IP started. I vote your doctor become morbidly obese from all the fat WE are losing...then she can know what it feels like to be us. Regarding the happy skinny people...f* them Some times it's easier to be sarcastic towards them and mock the teenie boppers in the mall that look anorexic for me...just saying...not that I'm going to H-E-hockeystick-hockeystick or anything. Keep us informed, you're in my prayers!
O that's a good tip.. i'll have to keep that in mind. In fact my fiance works for Coke, i'll have him bring some home to keep by the bed!
HAHA... yeah eff them all.. so sick of it LOL And I dont wish ill on anyone, so it boggles me that anyone (women) do it to other women, and as a dr... ugh i could just punch her in the throat for being so ignorant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
LOL - tell me what you REALLY think! Too bad you live so far north of Plano - I'd LOVE to hang out with you and b* about this over some drinks (IP RTDs of course)....
IP drinks, sounds fab.. i'll take mine on the rocks please! With a water chaser O i could B'tch for days.. especially lately LOL I feel like i have opened pandoras box in my head by even typing out my feeling this morning LOL So thank you.. if you are ever in the area... we should def. get together for those IP drinks!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #95  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
My brother I law is doing the paleo diet so we were both in the kitchen checking out the steak tips and chicken breasts they were all in a marinade so we looked at the bid Tupperware salad bowl and we were bummed out when it was a delicious looking Pasta Freaking Salad! So we went shopping for IP/Paleo food. We had fun and stuck to our plans which were pretty compatible.

I tried Salmon for the first time in years. I think I'd only had it smoked before. It was awesom on the grill. I made a huge salad and Mikr grilled chicken breast, pork loin and salmon.
Love Salmon, eat it every week here. We are big Paleo/primal fans in our house. My husband and daughter follow a Paleo lifestyle and I will be doing that instead of phase 4 when I get to goal to maintain. My husband doesn't need to loose any weight, but he can't get over how much better he feels since eating that way. Of course our food bill has gone way up with buying all of the organic and grass fed beef products, but it's really worth it when you know you are eating so much better for your body.

Enjoy your vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 View Post

For those of you who live near Austin try genghis grill. You pick all you own ingredients so you control what you eat.

Hope those who have a WI today have a great one!
I juist saw one yesterday on my way into Central Market and wondered if that was a good place to eat. Thanks for the tip, we will definitely try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
I'm extremly upset, so if i upset or offend anyone, my deepest apologies.

I have been dealing with LIFE. Everyone does and we all have our ups and downs and throught it all i am just holding on by a thread. My hormones are all over the place and my weight is too. I feel all i have is this diet, and even though i let it down and myself. I have been dealing with death, addictions, family falling apart, hating my job, home sick, cars breaking down, money, planning a wedding and now... my health. I have passed out a few times in the last few months. 2 nights ago was probably the worst of them all, and i'm so lucky that my fiance was there. Yes were were baking cookies again (and i say go hard or go home.. thats just me.. we go hard LOL) We were done and he gets into the shower, and i am to follow. But i'm not feeling right so i sit down on the toilet, i call to him letting him know that i think i'm going to passout and all i remember is coming too with him holding my face and then me getting sick. Everything else is a blur. The next day, yesterday i come into work and my head is everywhere. I can't concentrate, i have a massive headache, my thoughts a blurr i cant keep anything straight i would talk and make no sense. So i finally suck it up and go to my boss, and let him know what's going on.. I dont tell him that i passed out after baking cookies.. i tell him i was doing cardio! LOL He says to go to the dr. and i take his advice even though i think its nothing, maybe i got up to fast ya know. I go home finish up "50 Shades of Grey" which is amazing! I suggest everyone read it! I'm on book 2 now, and i'm not a reader.
Then go to the dr. She proceeds to think that i'm a crazy person, or now i have diabetes since my mom is a diabetic. I start to cry, i've worked in dialysis for years and I know that 65% of my patients are were diabetics 30% hypertension and the other % was genetics or immune issues. SO i cry, it's the main reason i went on this diet. The last thing in the world i want to be is diabetic. I know deep down in my heart, i am not diabetic. Then she proceeds to tell me, that if my blood work comes back clear, i am to go to a NEUROLOGIST! No remember i wasnt thinking right last night and i havent talked to anyone about this, so i think Neurologist...nerves. NOPE! I come to work today and a lady asks me about my appointment and i tell her and she points to her head... i look at her confussed.. and then she says.. brain! My heart just dropped! My friened just died from an anurisim or how ever you spell it. She went to work one day passed out, and died. In a matter of minuets. Leaving behind my best friend and there 1 year old baby boy after 8 months of marriage. I'm thinking possitive, but i'm holding on by a thread. On top of it all.. she the dr. tells me that it could be my diet, and then proceeds to tell me that after i'm done with the diet, I am just going to gain all the weight back, and that i just need to eat RIGHT and exersice. Umm.. thank you you SKINNY EFIN B'TCH! Thank you! For your got da'n input, thank you for that! I'm sure you understand the effin struggle you simple b'tch! Ugh.. i'm still so p'sd. Now i'm battleing being mad and scared and nervous. I'm an emotional wreck trying to keep it together.
I do have my WI today... I dont even want to go. But i will and i will sit there and look at her chipper skinny azz too and listen to her tell me how fabulous life is.
I have been trying to be positive and glass half full while dealing with all of this, not showing how i really feel, and bordening people with the issues that lie beneth... but yesterday and today.. broke this camel's back.

Sorry to be such a debbie downer.. but i dont know where else to turn. I'm lost.
First, your doctor is an idiot, but of course you already figured that one out. Some people just talk through their you know whats and have no idea what they are saying. It was my doctor who first told me about IP, thankfully she has a clue.

I would find a "good" doctor and just get a full physical. I would bet you just aren't getting enough protein for how active you are. Last night I made the mistake (and it's happened to me before) that I forgot to have some protein before I worked out and didn't bring anything with me in the car. I was working out with my husband lifting weights, and I totally over did it. I just hit a wall, became nauseous and thought I was going to pass out. I made it home and had a good size portion of protein. My coach always tell me that some extra protein is not going to hurt you. And, making cookies can often be cardio , and your body was telling you that.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #96  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
So Yesterday was day one of week 6 and I finally am trying some of the restricted foods. My coach didn't want me to use any restricted for the first 5 weeks as I am a serious carb addict. I also am giving up the bits of crystal light and switching to mio but doing it in servings. Went shopping yesterday and got some stevia for my rhubarb. I made a rhubarb chocolate pudding that was amazing.
Can you post your recipe for the rhubarb chocolate pudding please? That sounds amazing! I LOVE rhubarb and WF strawberry syrup. You are doing amazing on the program!

Quote:
I'm extremly upset, so if i upset or offend anyone, my deepest apologies.

I have been dealing with LIFE. Everyone does and we all have our ups and downs and throught it all i am just holding on by a thread. My hormones are all over the place and my weight is too. I feel all i have is this diet, and even though i let it down and myself. I have been dealing with death, addictions, family falling apart, hating my job, home sick, cars breaking down, money, planning a wedding and now... my health. I have passed out a few times in the last few months. 2 nights ago was probably the worst of them all, and i'm so lucky that my fiance was there. Yes were were baking cookies again (and i say go hard or go home.. thats just me.. we go hard LOL) We were done and he gets into the shower, and i am to follow. But i'm not feeling right so i sit down on the toilet, i call to him letting him know that i think i'm going to passout and all i remember is coming too with him holding my face and then me getting sick. Everything else is a blur. The next day, yesterday i come into work and my head is everywhere. I can't concentrate, i have a massive headache, my thoughts a blurr i cant keep anything straight i would talk and make no sense. So i finally suck it up and go to my boss, and let him know what's going on.. I dont tell him that i passed out after baking cookies.. i tell him i was doing cardio! LOL He says to go to the dr. and i take his advice even though i think its nothing, maybe i got up to fast ya know. I go home finish up "50 Shades of Grey" which is amazing! I suggest everyone read it! I'm on book 2 now, and i'm not a reader.
Then go to the dr. She proceeds to think that i'm a crazy person, or now i have diabetes since my mom is a diabetic. I start to cry, i've worked in dialysis for years and I know that 65% of my patients are were diabetics 30% hypertension and the other % was genetics or immune issues. SO i cry, it's the main reason i went on this diet. The last thing in the world i want to be is diabetic. I know deep down in my heart, i am not diabetic. Then she proceeds to tell me, that if my blood work comes back clear, i am to go to a NEUROLOGIST! No remember i wasnt thinking right last night and i havent talked to anyone about this, so i think Neurologist...nerves. NOPE! I come to work today and a lady asks me about my appointment and i tell her and she points to her head... i look at her confussed.. and then she says.. brain! My heart just dropped! My friened just died from an anurisim or how ever you spell it. She went to work one day passed out, and died. In a matter of minuets. Leaving behind my best friend and there 1 year old baby boy after 8 months of marriage. I'm thinking possitive, but i'm holding on by a thread. On top of it all.. she the dr. tells me that it could be my diet, and then proceeds to tell me that after i'm done with the diet, I am just going to gain all the weight back, and that i just need to eat RIGHT and exersice. Umm.. thank you you SKINNY EFIN B'TCH! Thank you! For your got da'n input, thank you for that! I'm sure you understand the effin struggle you simple b'tch! Ugh.. i'm still so p'sd. Now i'm battleing being mad and scared and nervous. I'm an emotional wreck trying to keep it together.
I do have my WI today... I dont even want to go. But i will and i will sit there and look at her chipper skinny azz too and listen to her tell me how fabulous life is.
I have been trying to be positive and glass half full while dealing with all of this, not showing how i really feel, and bordening people with the issues that lie beneth... but yesterday and today.. broke this camel's back.

Sorry to be such a debbie downer.. but i dont know where else to turn. I'm lost.
So sorry you are going through all of this. Way to stay OP! My suggestion would be to add another packet either right before or right after "cookies." I have had occasions of light headedness and now I make sure I am staying hydrated and if I am too active I add that 4th packet. Good Luck. Stay strong!

My car was covered in ash this morning from the fire. It is so devastating... I am praying for all who are affected by the fires in the US right now.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 200/145/135

Height: 5.3

Default jwdesselle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
I sure hope everyone struck by the bad weather and the fires are doing ok.

The place I go to get weighed is closed tomorrow for 4th of July. I'm scheduled to go in next week for my WI. I'm thinking I'm going to call them today and try to get in. If not for WI, to at least trade in the box of regular Omelet I got and ask for the herb omelet box (if they have it) I wish they would let me go in the area where they store those and just let me browse, like in a store. Also, I'm going to ask if they sell the stuff by the packet. I don't want to buy another entire box and either not like it, or not be able to prepare it properly. I have yet to make a chocolate pancake correctly. Usually comes out as a lump of chocolate messed pudding. YUCK

jwdesselle, I know all the clinics are not the same, but mine let me go to the shelves and read all the boxes and pick out what I want the first week, since then NO WAY. They will not let me buy by the packet, for they make more money selling the whole box. This makes me mad at $35.00 a box, I don't want to buy before I try something I can't stand. I have found a company from this blog where all the products are almost exact. (I think they are the same manufacture just under a separate label) http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/proti-thin.html?_vsrefdom=google3&gclid=COapsaCZ_rACFQZ5 hwodl1wdig
it is only $11.00 a box, so if it is bad It is not such a great loss. I have ordered a few things but not yet received them. I will go in to the clinic and Not place an order, wish me luck on how that will go!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #98  
Started IP 2/28/2012

Update-
I did get a call at lunch on my way to my IP WI appointment, and my blood work is all normal and my blood sugar was 82, no sign of diabetese like i thought, and just another nail in the coffin that my DR is a dumb b'tch. LOL in a nice way i mean. She wasn't in but had her RN call me to give me the results... but also had her inform me that she needs to talk to me more regarding... wonderful. I sit and wait... since tomorrow is the 4th i'm sure i wont hear from her till Monday. sigh... :/

AND THEN... i show up at my IP appt.. well guess what, my coach is not there. My new coach i should say. She cancelled my appt and did not think to tell me. Even though last tuesday i called to cancel my appointment since my car broke down and was getting fixed and i was not able to make it. She could not give the curtisy to call me and let me know that she was going to cancel the effin apt. Nice.. and she doesnt hae me scheduled till the 17th. Which is funny since i was supposed to be sceduled till the 9th. Since i book 4 weeks out. So i havent not seen a coach in 3 weeks! I couldnt even buy food. So ... again.. i'm a happy effin camper! and yes.. i'm breathing!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #99  
Started IP 2/28/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post

First, your doctor is an idiot, but of course you already figured that one out. Some people just talk through their you know whats and have no idea what they are saying. It was my doctor who first told me about IP, thankfully she has a clue.

I would find a "good" doctor and just get a full physical. I would bet you just aren't getting enough protein for how active you are. Last night I made the mistake (and it's happened to me before) that I forgot to have some protein before I worked out and didn't bring anything with me in the car. I was working out with my husband lifting weights, and I totally over did it. I just hit a wall, became nauseous and thought I was going to pass out. I made it home and had a good size portion of protein. My coach always tell me that some extra protein is not going to hurt you. And, making cookies can often be cardio , and your body was telling you that.
I agree she is. but you know now that i think about it. I had just finished my night time protien and hour before we started baking... that makes me wonder. .... hmm.. maybe i needed more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
So sorry you are going through all of this. Way to stay OP! My suggestion would be to add another packet either right before or right after "cookies." I have had occasions of light headedness and now I make sure I am staying hydrated and if I am too active I add that 4th packet. Good Luck. Stay strong!
Thanks.. Yeah i was just saying.. i had my night protien and hour before we had our bake off.. so i'm wondering if its an issue or maybe i just needed more. IDK.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #100  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
I don't eat fish, but she was curious how people cook their fish and since there's no butter, what do you use and what sauce do you dip shrimp in? Hope everyone has a safe 4th and a great 100% OP day :-)
1st-Kudos to mom for joining My folks both went on Low Carb after seeing my success, not IP but more SouthBeach like, which is still better than nothing!
2nd-Regarding fish...I love love LOVE LOVE LOVE fish. I make tuna patties like miniature crab cake type things but with canned tuna, tilapia, salmon, halibut and cod I either cook them on the skillet (sooo easy to clean up) or bake them with EVOO, Mrs. Dash (non salt variety), some cayenne pepper and a bit of Old Bay. Omnonomnom...actually, our recipe section, 1st group (archive) pages like 3-6 are ALL devoted to fish...just so ya know

Quote:
I show up at my IP appt.. well guess what, my coach is not there. My new coach i should say. She cancelled my appt and did not think to tell me. Even though last tuesday i called to cancel my appointment since my car broke down and was getting fixed and i was not able to make it. She could not give the curtisy to call me and let me know that she was going to cancel the effin apt. Nice.. and she doesnt hae me scheduled till the 17th. Which is funny since i was supposed to be sceduled till the 9th. Since i book 4 weeks out. So i havent not seen a coach in 3 weeks! I couldnt even buy food. So ... again.. i'm a happy effin camper! and yes.. i'm breathing!
I think you need a nap, and a good book, and an IP friendly dessert item of choice...yep that'd fix damn near anything. I can't believe your coach cancelled on you! Talk about sending the wrong message right?
Old 07-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #101  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
I work for a company that does software for higher ed - so all my customers are colleges - visiting some of those cafs is always an interesting experience! are you at Univ of Illinois?
Yep! It hasn't quite been a year here, and despite the food issues, I love it!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwaver1ng View Post
Yep! It hasn't quite been a year here, and despite the food issues, I love it!
cool - U of I is a customer I love being in the education market.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #103  
Started July 23 2013

S/C/G: 293.6

Height: 5'6"

Back from WI and down an amasing 2 #. Thanks for sending woosh fairy. I was afraid I had gained a pound. I have upped my water and it seems to be helping.
Have a fun 4th everyone. And stay OP.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #104  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

jebaughman - congratulations! So glad that you were successful!
Old 07-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #105  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Thanks wuv...it's going to be hard! lol I love their waffles and hash browns!!!!!! hamburger patty sounds yummy tho. Any breakfast ideas?
How about scrambled eggs with mushrooms and peppers
Closed Thread