Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #16  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!! Hope everyone is doing well and staying hydrated in this crazy weather. Yesterday as I was leaving work, we had black clouds and I could see lightening in the distance. I did get a picture but I have no clue how to post it here. It came out pretty good. First rain in weeks.

SO! Today is my first WI. I am so very excited. I know I've lost something b/c I can feel it in my fingers, so hopefully tonight I'll be posting a bunch of dancing carrots hehe.

What kind of scale do you guys weigh on at the clinic (to those of you who go)? I weigh on one of those that you have to slide the bars. I hate those kind. I would much rather a digital where I could count tenths also. My scale at home is digital.

Well, back to work for me, once I go through the threads here, hehe.

Everyone, its not a choice,(it's because I said so) have a wonderful 100% OP day!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Good morning fellow IPers! It really is good to be home! We have a big celebration here called, wait for it....Salmon River Days! I know, very original. It is fun and the whole community participates. We have a parade down Main Street, western shoot outs, a really fun rodeo type event and a demolition derby! I love the 4th!
I hope everyone has a great week, stay 100% OP and have some fun!
that sounds like fun! I'm close to Philly and we have fireworks everywhere. Years ago (with an old BF) we'd go to the water front where both Philly and Camden shot them to music. It's fun. This year we are just hanging at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Morning everyone!! Hope everyone is doing well and staying hydrated in this crazy weather. Yesterday as I was leaving work, we had black clouds and I could see lightening in the distance. I did get a picture but I have no clue how to post it here. It came out pretty good. First rain in weeks.

SO! Today is my first WI. I am so very excited. I know I've lost something b/c I can feel it in my fingers, so hopefully tonight I'll be posting a bunch of dancing carrots hehe.

What kind of scale do you guys weigh on at the clinic (to those of you who go)? I weigh on one of those that you have to slide the bars. I hate those kind. I would much rather a digital where I could count tenths also. My scale at home is digital.

Well, back to work for me, once I go through the threads here, hehe.

Everyone, its not a choice,(it's because I said so) have a wonderful 100% OP day!!!
Good luck today! My coach uses digital. i wish they also measured body fat and some of the other cool stuff I read about here. But totally agree - that tenth makes a difference! and yes m'am! no choice..100% OP day cause you said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
Hello everyone - I hope today is a better day for me OP. Yesterday I was just so hungry. Probably part of the problem is that I didn't have any veggies. I'm going to the store at lunch to stock up. I was up one pound this morning, but I'm not too worried about it. I always seem to go up a pound or so before losing more. I'm just so close to onederland!!!

Even though we're not doing anything for the 4th tomorrow, I'm anxious to sleep in and just hang out at home.
I get stuck in that rut sometimes as well. Picking fresh zucchini saves me right now from having to run to the store all the time. Glad you are staying strong. you will be in onderland before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Dizzy I hope you feel better soon.

On vacation this week missed everyone yesterday. I hope you all had a great day.

My brother I law is doing the paleo diet so we were both in the kitchen checking out the steak tips and chicken breasts they were all in a marinade so we looked at the bid Tupperware salad bowl and we were bummed out when it was a delicious looking Pasta Freaking Salad! So we went shopping for IP/Paleo food. We had fun and stuck to our plans which were pretty compatible.

I tried Salmon for the first time in years. I think I'd only had it smoked before. It was awesom on the grill. I made a huge salad and Mikr grilled chicken breast, pork loin and salmon.
Awesome job staying strong!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #18  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone!

What a wonderful day! I took the day off so I have two days off in a row for the first time in a long time!! Soooo happy and relaxed!! I'm a massage therapist so my hands are enjoying the break. Trying to not walk through the kitchen too much to avoid the urge to munch. Really starting to realize how much I used to eat out of boredom and not necessarily hunger. I like how restricted IP is so I don't have a choice when it comes to cheating. Going to fireworks tonight at the golf club. Taking lots of pictures so I can scrapbook it later, my latest obsession.

For those of you who live near Austin try genghis grill. You pick all you own ingredients so you control what you eat.

Hope those who have a WI today have a great one!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 209/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Well, the good news is that I was able get more IP packets at another clinic that had power, but the bad news is that I got food poisoning or flu, and am a sick chicky trying to decide if I can ride 10 hours in the car today. We aren't due to leave until 1:00, so I have more time to recoop. ARG!!!!
Hope you are feeling better DizzyJean!

For those who are WI today, hope you have a great one!

I’m a little confused today. I’m still new to figuring out this forum style and rules. If I have a question, and I see an already posted thread touched on the subject but doesn’t fully answer my question.... is it better to ask the question on the same thread or start a new one?

I hate looking through a million threads to find my subject, but I'd rather just keep an old one going rather than post another thread on same subject. Problem is, when I do that, it seems like the focus stays on the original question rather than the new question that bumped the thread. Which is fine, because I did learn all new things and my question was answered. But if in the future I need a little more guidance what do I do? Start a new thread on already existing topic? Thanks for your input!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #20  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

So Yesterday was day one of week 6 and I finally am trying some of the restricted foods. My coach didn't want me to use any restricted for the first 5 weeks as I am a serious carb addict. I also am giving up the bits of crystal light and switching to mio but doing it in servings. Went shopping yesterday and got some stevia for my rhubarb. I made a rhubarb chocolate pudding that was amazing.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #21  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Guess I better buy some new jeans! These are falling off of me as I walk!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #22  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I tried Salmon for the first time in years. I think I'd only had it smoked before. It was awesom on the grill. I made a huge salad and Mikr grilled chicken breast, pork loin and salmon.
Oh salmon is a staple in my house. I believe I had it 4 times last week.... so yummy. Especially if you can get Pacific or Alaskan salmon. A little EVOO and some Cajun Seasoning and Garlic.... Tasty..
Old 07-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #23  

Morning Everyone!!! Have a great & OP 4th!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #24  

S/C/G: SW 210/ CW 190/GW 140

Default I forgot my breakfast

Good Morning Everyone

I'm at work and I forgot my breakfast......sheesh what a dummie I am.
Looks like I will be drinking lots of water and coffee until lunch time.

Has anyone else done that? Does it affect the weight loss that much.

Thanks
Sharon
Old 07-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #25  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
I sure hope everyone struck by the bad weather and the fires are doing ok.

The place I go to get weighed is closed tomorrow for 4th of July. I'm scheduled to go in next week for my WI. I'm thinking I'm going to call them today and try to get in. If not for WI, to at least trade in the box of regular Omelet I got and ask for the herb omelet box (if they have it) I wish they would let me go in the area where they store those and just let me browse, like in a store. Also, I'm going to ask if they sell the stuff by the packet. I don't want to buy another entire box and either not like it, or not be able to prepare it properly. I have yet to make a chocolate pancake correctly. Usually comes out as a lump of chocolate messed pudding. YUCK
This made me laugh! I'm still on week 1 and tried making the crepe last night....What a mess! It came out as a huge glop of goo....I ate it anyway! And it actually wasn't as bad as it looked. I still had to laugh at it though!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #26  
Started July 23 2013

S/C/G: 293.6

Good morning IPers. Getting ready to go to WI. Could someone please send the Woosh Fairy my way?
Judy
Old 07-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #27  

I had my first weigh in this morning and I am down 8 pounds!!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #28  
Started July 23 2013

S/C/G: 293.6

Car Cam Mom- I have found that the trick to making the crepes is that you have to wait until they form bubbles all over and the bubbles pop and leave tunnels through the crepe. Then turn them. I add the max of water on the envelope and they turn out thin but nice. Use WF blueberry or raspberry to for filling and wrap like a tortilla. Very good.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 254.6/213/165

Height: 5'8"

Default First time for Everything !

This is my first post, I have been reading this forum for a week now. Not sure if it is the IP that is working or all the positive energy floating around here. I had my first weigh in on Saturday and was pretty thrilled to have lost 6.6 lbs and 5 inches. I was pretty skeptical to start but the success of a friend made me give it a whirl. I am hoping to loose about 80 lbs.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #30  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebaughman View Post
Good morning IPers. Getting ready to go to WI. Could someone please send the Woosh Fairy my way?
Judy
Good luck!
Closed Thread