Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
just wanted to say YOU ARE LOOKING FABULOUS!!! i just love seeing your posts with such a BIG OLE SMILE on your face!! so inspiring!! have a wonderful day!!
Aw, thanks so much! Yeah, this is a big, huge deal for me - the first time I've ever actually found a plan that works - so that picture was me at my high school reunion two weeks ago, smaller now than I was in high school! Smiles all around for sure.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Are we allowed to cook with onion powder or does that cause the same problems as cooking onions themselves?
Old 06-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #78  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post
Are we allowed to cook with onion powder or does that cause the same problems as cooking onions themselves?
Check out this thread. It has great info.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ok-onions.html
Old 06-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Can you give the recipe for muffins I am super interested....Anyway if you wouldn't mind that would be awesome.

My clinic is pretty relaxed, didn't give a restriction on sweetners or the walden Farms stuff. It definately makes it a challenge to have that many more restrictions on an already strict diet. I try to limit them personally tho to like 5 a day, and my gum I chew half a piece at a time just to keep it down. Gum really gets me thru the munchy periods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Thank you for the recipe. I am interested in your clinic's take on the "extra" two egg whites.
My coach had recommended I get them in every day. She said they are an excellent source of pure protein with no fat and no carbs. I am surprised that they are not "officially" recommended by IP. They also make the plan much more interesting because they allow you to do so much more with the packets.
I don't really use every much WF or splenda so didn't really pay too much attention to how much of that the clinic allowed.
I have learned from IP that I am not a sweet fan. Even the mango RTDs were way too sweet for me.

Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satobb View Post
Ok I'm a newbie but my coach said I should only use the wf dressings. I guess if you use that stuff too liberally it is bad. He also said 4 packets of Splenda a day.

I have noticed all the recipes with all the wf products. Wish there were more recipes without. I am not the cook and running out of great ideas. Is your "pancake recipe" pase 1 one 2.

You look awesome by the way.
Thanks everyone! --for the compliments and for the responses.. the muffins and pancakes are allowed on ALL phases! for the muffins i ...

*roll the crispy cereal packet with a rolling pin to break up the pieces as finely as possible.
*pour into bowl. add about 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder and about 1/8 teaspoon of spice. (i use pumpkin pie or apple pie spice all the time... just cinnamon would be good, too).
*add about 2-3 oz of cold water while stirring. let sit for a few seconds after combined. if it's still really thick, add a few more teaspoons of water. let sit about 1 minute. add a few drops of alcohol free extract (if using). stir well and add medium thick batter into 3 FOIL greased (pam olive oil) muffin tins.
*bake on 350 for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. enjoy

patns i totally agree about the egg whites. if my clinic allowed it, i'd be all over these other recipes. I still use alot of them without the whites, but i know how much better they'd be with them. oh well. phase 3 is right around the corner for me, so i can't do much complaining now. lol

also, someone asked last night about the sour cream and onion chips.. i season them right AFTER i pull them out of the dehydrator. the seasoning i use includes:

1½ teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1- 1½ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon dried dill
2 teaspoons onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground pepper

after i pull them from the dehydrator, i put them in sandwich one zip bags (air tight to keep them crisp), sprinkle in some seasoning and shake. i do them in 2 cup orders (measured PRE dehydration) for each baggie, so i can grab and go. note: i've been slicing them and keeping the skin ON, but i'm doing an experiment, and i took the skin off this time. they should be ready at about 10pm .. i noticed that they are crispy and delicious but there is a "stuck in tooth" type of chew at the very end. it's quite hard to explain, but i think the skin is to blame. so we'll see. as of now, i recommend that you DO peel them! good luck and happy baking everyone! this is so wonderful

Last edited by newmom7611; 06-16-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Check out this thread. It has great info.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ok-onions.html
Thanks, I'd actually already read through that all but it didn't really say anything about onion powder. Just about actual onions.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #81  

I've always used onion and garlic powder, just don't use the salt kind!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
I am going to have to quit IP, at least IP products. I will definitely need the help and encouragement of the wonderful people here. I love IP and their products but we had a family emergency of the $$ kind this week. So, it's alternative products or nothing for me. Doesn't it seem like something always comes up? lol. I did so well this week, I am going to try and continue using the much less expensive products and use you guys for my coach

It's really funny how things work out. I was researching alternatives all week for my Sister so she could participate with me. So, now I get to put all my research to work and we will be on exactly the same plan.
You will do fine. As you already have the program straightened out in your head you can handle alternatives and you won't have the stress of spending $$$ you now need for family.

Pat
Old 06-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skini mini View Post
Thanks KitKat169! I am also hypothyroid, haven't had my TSH checked in a while maybe due to quick weight loss my levels are off. Something to check....

Jmuroff1, Yes I guess I do switch my meals around on the weekend due to eating out at lunch. I seem to be less hungry throughout the day when I do that.
Maybe I'll have to try that consistently for a while. Hubby won't mind!
Thanks!
I have a friend who was on this diet and had thyroid probelms, she got very sick on this diet, soy is not good for people with thyroid problems at least for her , google it
Old 06-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #84  

S/C/G: Pre 168.2/Pre IP 166/142/130

Height: 5'2.5" (us short people depend on the half inches!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Are pickles and cucumbers free for most of you? My coach never mentioned anything being free.
They are both listed on my sheet as veggies, but from here and from the package on the jar of pickles I've come to conclude they are 0/0/0 so I consider them free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
Am I the ONLY one that has discovered the "best quoting tip EVER" link has absolutely nothing to do with quoting? It seems to be about trackers and signatures.
I pointed it out once in the daily but got no response and it hasn't changed since then either. Wish I could help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreweight View Post
Hey, everyone! I'm only on day five and I already feel like a mini chef! Haha...any of you feel that way?
Question: When we measure 2c of veggies, do we measure raw or cooked? I just made an omelet with 1 1/2 c mushrooms and 1/2 c onions and peppers. When it was done, the veggies only equaled a cup. Thoughts?
On Day 5 you aren't eating cooked onions are you? Only raw onions on phase 1, also measure before cooking.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #85  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

GeuxTigers, and any other San Antonio IPeeps, would you mind telling me who your coach/clinic is and how you like them.

My mom is coming up next week, Thur-Sun and hasn't seen me since week 3. I've told her about my progress so far and she sounded very interested and said she wants to "eat how I eat" when she's here. I am excited, she wants me to show her the program and different veggie recipes, menus, etc. I grew up in a traditional Mexican household from a family of BMWs (Big Mexican Women). Needless to say, I have learned a whole new way of eating from how I grew up.

She had gastric bypass a few years ago, nearly died during the operation, and has gained back over half of what she originally lost, and still has complications from the surgery (and always will). Her sister had a Lapband procedure and has gained back all the weight she lost. I am hoping she wants to start the program and would like to have a place to refer her to when she gets back to SA. I am already starting to plan out the menu for next weekend, I want her to see how good you eat on a "diet".

I think the moral of the gaining after the operations is that it never addressed the core eating habits that got them there to begin with. That is probably the single most important lesson I am taking away - literally relearning how to eat.

Last edited by LizRR; 06-16-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Pat,
It is great to see you are on here still. I keep in touch with Wuv through FB and she just amazes me. I have been super busy, but after the next 3 weeks, it is going to be "all about me" again. lol. When I go into the serious plan mode, I need to come here every day, even if I just lurk. I am so happy that you are doing so well with your weight. Do you see any of the old gang on here? I see jennydoodle pops in once in awhile. Have a wonderful weekend
I do keep an eye peeled to see anyone from when we started and people pop in and out all the time.
I would like to get down five more pounds but the body doesn't agree with that. I have maintained between 128-130 back and forth since March without too much difficulty and you know how sloooooow it was coming off.

In that time hubby learned he had lung cancer and had successful surgery, I was in a very serious accident but we were all lucky to escape with minor injuries from two totaled cars, my 88 year old mom had a heart attack and had to accept she needed to go to assisted living. I just got back from the east coast where i went to help my siblings clear out her own place.

So i think if I didn't turn to emotional eating through all of that I might be going to do OK.
You have done well maintaining too with your travels etc so you will have no problem getting back to full steam ahead!
i am so happy to see the WUV will be getting more involved at her clinic because with her early and ongoing support to us she sure knows that slow losses doesn't mean cheating. But slow and steady can also win the personal race.

I hope you drop in a lot when you get back into the full swing of things.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 06-16-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
I've always used onion and garlic powder, just don't use the salt kind!
Whew! I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. I'm so close to the end (just finished my first week of phase two) that I'll probably avoid it from here on out to be safe.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #88  

Quote:
Weighing 1x per day keeps me motivated no matter what the scale says. I am very matter of fact. If I don't loose, then maybe tomorrow. I would say just don't get emotional about it. I think it is exciting when I get on and weigh less than the day before, but if I don't .....maybe tomorrow. Good luck on your journey!
I weigh daily, I did when I was on the losing part of the plan too.

The deal is if you get emotional about it stay away from the scale.
I always stayed the same for about four days and lost on the 5th or 6th day.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #89  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Weighing 1x per day keeps me motivated no matter what the scale says. I am very matter of fact. If I don't loose, then maybe tomorrow. I would say just don't get emotional about it. I think it is exciting when I get on and weigh less than the day before, but if I don't .....maybe tomorrow. Good luck on your journey!
I weigh in at home most mornings and have the same attitude. This program WORKS if you follow it - I know I will lose the weight, it is interesting to me to see how my body responds to the program. How I go days with no loss/minor gain, then BAM...overnight it's gone - it's not called the whoosh for nothing!

Point being, if you get emotional, stressed, disappointed, disheartened by what the scale says then stay off of it. You will only increase your cortisol stress hormone (which prevents weight gain), and run the risk of sabotaging yourself. We can be our own worst enemy sometimes, don't let the scale rule you - because finally you can rule the scale! Just stick with the program, it's so easy it fits on one sheet of paper - follow the rules and you will reach goal. F* that scale!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #90  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon All...

What a crummy sleep i had last night..I decided that i was getting too backed up and so decided to invest in a Sennakot laxative...Its a natural laxative and it also included some sodium ducolcate(stool softener) in the tablet, so i thought "Hey! perfect" ..So i took it around 7pm last night...and waited and waited and waited and waited...Around 2 or so this morning i was lettin out air and i continued to wait....(My personal experience with laxatives is that you have these cramps and then you know its time to go to the washroom) Well..i waited the entire night and nothing!! Nada!! I actually attempted to sit on that darn toilet and try and make myself go...and i barely got anywhere...Needless to say...i still feel full in the gut..i know i still need to go...and that stupid laxative did nothing!!!!! They should have just written on the box "GOOD FOR PASSING GAS ONLY". Needless to say.. i think im going to have to go and invest in one of the good kinds...you know the ones that arent so natural....cause these ones didnt work, eating 4 cups of veg hasnt worked..eating my rubarb hasnt worked....Sigh...

Thoughts?
Closed Thread