Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #136  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Capricious- sorry that you were stressed and had a hard time dealing with everything. glad to hear you are back on track. it is funny how the routine of this diet really sticks....
Old 05-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Sometimes those weeks, like I had on my trip, are a relief. You realize that although you like so e of those foods, they are fine as "special treat" and that sticking to the low car diet, and staying thin, is much more appealing.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #138  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Sometimes those weeks, like I had on my trip, are a relief. You realize that although you like so e of those foods, they are fine as "special treat" and that sticking to the low car diet, and staying thin, is much more appealing.
Very well said
Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #139  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Cap: The most important thing is that you are back on track and feeling good about yourself. That is such an important step. It is nice to realize how much better you feel when you are eating healthfully. Progress not perfection..keep telling yourself that.

Purple sky: lots of months with no sugar or bread. Great..You feel better..and so many more vegetables.

Sarabean:you do feel better staying on low carb. Good luck with your WI and Phase 1.

Momto2cs: It is funny how you think you miss the foods and then when you have them, you find that you would rather feel better and stay away from them.

Last edited by Maile; 05-31-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Thank you to all for your well wishes- they are much appreciated.
I went horribly astray for about a week eating everything I could think I had wanted and missed out on for the past year. Sort of have one of those extremist personalities that's all in or all out . It wasn't pretty but it did make me realize that it was definitely not the way I want to live again. My body just feels so much better when eating healthy whole foods (duh!). Not proud of how I handled the stress and pressure I felt to eat. Very proud of the fact I am eating healthfully again and that I pulled out of the spin. Guess there is something to this whole thing of do it until it becomes habitual because I so missed my routine of eating well it drew me back in. It has finally dawned on me that there are so many benefits to eating well beyond a good figure. My skin is better, my mood is better and my digestive system is MUCH better.
Mom2cs- you're right of course! Atkins style does tend to work better... Have the hardest time wrapping my brain around it sometimes though because calorie counting always wheedles it's way in...
Maile- where are you going on your trip?
SaraBean- sometimes even just following strict Phase 3 is enough to reset eating habits - it's the structure of 3 meals & 1 snack- that I always found to really help.
Ishbel- I didn't exercise at all on Phase 1 or 2 or even 3. Phase 4 since my carbs had increased I started exercising 2-3 x/ week for a half hour. Then read that most successful maintainers exercise at least 250 minutes/ week. So went about making that my weekly goal. I usually do cardio 3-4x/ week for 1 hour and strength training 2x/ week for an hour. Best thing though is to start out slow and easy (walking, DVD, learn to run) that only requires 30 min. Because it's easy to find 30 minutes and so it is an easier commitment to make. Once you're doing 30 minutes 3 or more x per week on a regular basis then think about increasing time and then intensity. When I first hit maintenance woolberger suggested that we do a chAllenge to keep us on track and exercise always figured into our challenges, along with a max of 1 free day, the rest would change but those always stayed the same. I found this very helpful in developing habits...
Pxlkitty- loved hearing about your piano lessons- such happy story!
Jennydoodle- I'm back usin CSP and still really enjoying it. Just feel good...
Thanks for the response back Cap, glad you're feeling better with your eating habits. Going through something like that is an emotional rollercoaster! :/

I already tried exercising...I had toe surgery so couldn't exercise and then got approval to 'run' last Wednesday...but then had surgery on my leg scheduled for Friday. So last Thursday was my "LETS SEE WHAT THIS BODY CAN DO". I ran for 20 minutes without stopping, took a 2 minute walk and then ran for another 20 minutes. With warm up and cool down a total of 55 minutes on the treadmill. It was my quads that gave out not my lungs which I found very interesting. The next day was a normal 'workout ache'. So I didn't hurt myself.

HOWEVER, I had some complications with the leg surgery and ended up in the ER last Friday evening with a blood clot...SO I'm not running for a bit now. Stitches come out tomorrow so we'll see what the doc says. I expect I can walk or do the stairmill (I call it the death mill) and then sometime next week I should be able to run again.

I was pumped to feel that strong!!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 231/185/185

Height: 5'6

Hi All,
I am too feeling the effects of Memorial Day Weekend and will be following Phase 2 for about a week. This is a good opportunity, my husband will be gone for a week fishing in Canada and I don't have to worry about cooking as much.

I did run for the first time since losing the weight last night and was able to run 1/2 mile without stopping. Running is so much easier without 50 extra pounds So excited to do it again! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Ishbel sorry to hear about all your medical issues- good for you for keeping up such a great attitude! Hope you're all healed quickly!
Maile- love the quote...progress not perfection... And thank you for the advice about the tea. I have been having it quite a bit more frequently on the evenings and it does help...
Mom2cs- your post was very well said. Treats are not treats when they're all the time and they don't taste as good. Plus the body feels & looks terrible after. So not worth it.
SaraBean & Determined- are you phase 1ing?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone,
I am still in phase 1 but have some questions about maintenence. I have grow very fond of the bars, puddings and shakes. Do any of you continue with these items into maintenence? I plan do eat low carb forever as I have major addictions to most grains and of course sugar, but I love the sweetnes of the IP puddings and bars and want to maintain them in the future. Just curious to see if you all do this or not. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone, Just a quick NSV to share...I was shocked when I asked the sales person at Macy's about dresses...he told me I could look in one spot and then said the juniors section also has some more casual dresses... JUNIORS!!! I told him how I just lost 70 pounds and have never been directed to Juniors (well, since I was a junior)... Wow!!! Loving this "diet" and way of life!

That's all...
Old 06-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #145  

Darralyn
I think most of us continue to use bars and shakes, probably indefinitely. I like them too, and convenience is important as it is often tough to find low carb snacks, etc.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #146  

Quote:
Darralyn
I think most of us continue to use bars and shakes, probably indefinitely. I like them too, and convenience is important as it is often tough to find low carb snacks, etc.
Do you use IP Products or alternatives? If you use alternatives which ones?
Old 06-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #147  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi everyone, Just a quick NSV to share...I was shocked when I asked the sales person at Macy's about dresses...he told me I could look in one spot and then said the juniors section also has some more casual dresses... JUNIORS!!! I told him how I just lost 70 pounds and have never been directed to Juniors (well, since I was a junior)... Wow!!! Loving this "diet" and way of life!

That's all...
It's fun when a lot of things you try on are cute AND they fit. I still take things out of the dryer, convinced I have shrunk them because they don't look like they will fit me.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #148  

I continue to use ip soups and puddings as I like them. I also use the simply bar, as my stomach can't deal with the sugar alcohols in ip bars.
I sometimes use designer whey protein powder from Walmart.
I do buy protidiet oatmeal as it is good for traveling and delicious.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #149  

Quote:
I continue to use ip soups and puddings as I like them. I also use the simply bar, as my stomach can't deal with the sugar alcohols in ip bars.
I sometimes use designer whey protein powder from Walmart.
I do buy protidiet oatmeal as it is good for traveling and delicious.
Thank you very much for all your help! I have been fretting about the maintenence phase cause I like the iP stuff and it is a treat.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Ishbel sorry to hear about all your medical issues- good for you for keeping up such a great attitude! Hope you're all healed quickly!
Maile- love the quote...progress not perfection... And thank you for the advice about the tea. I have been having it quite a bit more frequently on the evenings and it does help...
Mom2cs- your post was very well said. Treats are not treats when they're all the time and they don't taste as good. Plus the body feels & looks terrible after. So not worth it.
SaraBean & Determined- are you phase 1ing?
I am trying to phase 1- still struggling-I do great for 4-5 days and drop about 5 pounds(funny how well it works when we follow the plan) and then I go off with the excuse of- I have my period, I am stressed, I am tired, etc etc etc. Interesting how I dealt with all of thos things for 9 months last year and stayed 100% on plan. What a head game I play with myself. And once I am off for the day, well, it is ugly. Trying trying trying. I feel so great when on plan and so icky and bloated when not. Carbohydrate addiction is the pits! Hey- I'll keep trying. This forum is so great to have. Here is to a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread