Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #76  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I had a NSV that made me giggle today. A couple people at work did a double take when they saw me today. They first said that my new hairdo looked great but when I said I didn't have a new hairdo, they looked puzzled and said "well somehow your glowing"!

My struggle this week is leading up to St. Patty's day. My traditional is to drink Guinness while eating pizza. I'm gluten intolerant so the beer makes me sick but I still do it every year. the pizza place also has gluten free crust. I've been struggling to convince myself otherwise the year. My weigh-in got changed to Saturday too so I thought, perfect weigh then cheat then I have a whole week to recover. Today with my NSV, bright spring like day and all the encouraging posts, I decided that I will be strong and stay OP. Then I got home . . . The pizza place sent me a card saying they've missed me and won't I please come back, here's a $10 coupon to help convince me. And a note that if I don't call they are going to come looking for me. Oh! Now I'm back to talking myself out of this mistake. I can't wait til the 18th to arrive.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #77  
Started IP 1/14/2012

I have a question for all the Canadians out there. I can't find MIO in the stores here and eBay charges the same per bottle cost that people are quoting but with an extra $20 for shipping. Has anyone had success sourcing this or something equal up here?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #78  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

NSV today - 2 people at work independently commented on my "significant" weight loss. Me - all smiles - thanks for noticing. I changed the way I eat.

Thanks again to all of you who were so supportive over the weekend. You really are an awesome bunch!

Gem - I am so sorry for your tragic loss. I wish you and your family lots of love and strength thru this sad time. Hugs from PA.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I had a NSV that made me giggle today. A couple people at work did a double take when they saw me today. They first said that my new hairdo looked great but when I said I didn't have a new hairdo, they looked puzzled and said "well somehow your glowing"!

My struggle this week is leading up to St. Patty's day. My traditional is to drink Guinness while eating pizza. I'm gluten intolerant so the beer makes me sick but I still do it every year. the pizza place also has gluten free crust. I've been struggling to convince myself otherwise the year. My weigh-in got changed to Saturday too so I thought, perfect weigh then cheat then I have a whole week to recover. Today with my NSV, bright spring like day and all the encouraging posts, I decided that I will be strong and stay OP. Then I got home . . . The pizza place sent me a card saying they've missed me and won't I please come back, here's a $10 coupon to help convince me. And a note that if I don't call they are going to come looking for me. Oh! Now I'm back to talking myself out of this mistake. I can't wait til the 18th to arrive.
Are you crazy!!!! You are glowing, remember? Walk away. Read some of the posts about cheating. It is hard to make a comeback and sometimes it is impossible. You don't need pizza and beer to enjoy yourself! Remember, there will always be a good reason to cheat. After all, after St Pat's comes easter and I bet it is a tradition to eat chocolate. Then comes mothers day and brunch is a tradition. Then the 4th with BBQ, well, you get the idea.

Stay true to your goal. You are worth it. And good job running this fantasy through your head ahead of time because I bet you are less likely to do it.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #80  
Started IP 1/14/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Are you crazy!!!! You are glowing, remember? Walk away. Read some of the posts about cheating. It is hard to make a comeback and sometimes it is impossible. You don't need pizza and beer to enjoy yourself! Remember, there will always be a good reason to cheat. After all, after St Pat's comes easter and I bet it is a tradition to eat chocolate. Then comes mothers day and brunch is a tradition. Then the 4th with BBQ, well, you get the idea.

Stay true to your goal. You are worth it. And good job running this fantasy through your head ahead of time because I bet you are less likely to do it.
You're absolutely right, I'm being crazy. I just went through the posts on the cost of cheating and am once again committed to stay 100% OP no matter what the day. Instead I'm going to find a new tradition, maybe pick up a new green shirt. I'm excited to continue another successful week.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #81  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Congrats on that NSV!

Keep in mind that they sent that coupon to a lot of people....they don't really miss YOU! So look at it for the non-personal, "we want your money" reminder that it was, and do what is best for you and your health!

Is a double whammy of carb cheating AND gluten really worth it? (only you know the answer to that!) Isn't there some way you can celebrate that doesn't involve food?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #82  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post

What a GREAT post!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #83  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Hi to All! I guess I missed all of the confusion last week. I am glad, because I can get confused enough on my own, in my own little world! My weigh in day is tomorrow and I have to say that I am a bit concerned. Not because I have gone off track, but, because it is suddenly so much warmer here and I am really feeling it and drinking so much more than I have in the past. Especially since Saturday. I guess it will all balance out eventually, and I am going to promise myself not to be bummed out whatever the results are. But, I remember reading somewhere that every gallon of water is like 8 pounds and I know I have had five 32 ounce jugs of water today and the day isn't over yet. I am also sure I will be up a half dozen times tonight too, I just hope that volume in is going to be equal to volume out....Thanks for listening!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #84  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
You're absolutely right, I'm being crazy. I just went through the posts on the cost of cheating and am once again committed to stay 100% OP no matter what the day. Instead I'm going to find a new tradition, maybe pick up a new green shirt. I'm excited to continue another successful week.
Great Idea with a new green shirt...get a whole new GREEN outfit....earrings and everything....you will ALWAYS have those. You won't remember what you ate in a week if you cheat but you WILL Have those memento's you buy for next year!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #85  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Default St. Patty's Day

Any thoughts on something Corned Beef like or some kind of Corned Beef we can have on this diet? I can eat cabbage on this diet so this year I really want to eat corned beef and cabbage.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #86  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Any thoughts on something Corned Beef like or some kind of Corned Beef we can have on this diet? I can eat cabbage on this diet so this year I really want to eat corned beef and cabbage.
I think Corned Beef is high in fat (and sodium), but more fat certainly won't kick you out of ketosis which is the important thing. And higher fat intake for a day or 2 may shake things up scale-wise (in a good way).
Old 03-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #87  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

I just realized earlier today that I am in week 4 of IP (just ended 3 actually), and it has just blown by! Definitely not hard to follow, and works whether you like to cook or not (I really don't).

If you had told me the plan would be this easy, I really wouldn't have believed you. But I will say that I don't think I could have made it 3 weeks without the Miracle Noodles...adding them to soup has been a lifesaver for me.

Weekly average so far is 2.67lbs, but one week I was off plan for 3 days (kitchen renovation flood stress...I will NOT cave again!) and one week was TOM. We'll see what this week brings!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #88  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
I think Corned Beef is high in fat (and sodium), but more fat certainly won't kick you out of ketosis which is the important thing. And higher fat intake for a day or 2 may shake things up scale-wise (in a good way).
Isn't it brined in sugar? That was my main concern.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #89  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

WI#2 is tomorrow, then I will be on travel for a weekend wedding and then a week of work, temptation abounds on the road...I will bring my packets and just say no to wedding cake!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #90  
Started IP 1/14/2012

Purple Sky, that has given me an idea to try an Irish stew. I'll have to get creative to eliminate the carrots, peas and potato. I'll see if I can find a IP friendly corned beef recipe while I'm at it.
Closed Thread