Old 03-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #421  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Paint - I loved your post... I've been reading labels now. To see what ill be able to have here in a few months... I often look at things that I used to eat... And offer get sticker shock...
I used to drink a 4 pack of starbucks mocha frappuccinos a day during the summer in addition to several cups of coffee with 2 spoons of sugar, 2 spoons of non-dairy creamer, and a splash of half and half. I never really ate much food, but holy calories, fat, and carbs, batman! Those coffees alone are ridiculous! The light ones made with splenda have 12 carbs and I allow myself to have one on my cheat days if I think about it. I won't even have a regular one on my cheat day.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Hi all

I had my first "test" of maintenace last weekend when I went wild at a relative's bar mitzvah for about 36 hours - I ate and drank without caution and came home and had to figure out how to eat again. Happy to say that as of today I am back to original weight! I switched it up and did a modified P1 and P2 for a couple of days but I still was able to drink some wine and even had pizza last night. Really happy to have a plan to go back to! I did notice that my weakness for sugars hasn't disappeared BUT for dinner last Sat I made low carb choices and didn't feel cheated foodwise.

bigpassport - great about the couch to 5k - I am in week 3 and haven't signed up for a run yet but want to.

Have a good weekend all and hang in there!
TracyAWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #423  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I used to drink a 4 pack of starbucks mocha frappuccinos a day during the summer in addition to several cups of coffee with 2 spoons of sugar, 2 spoons of non-dairy creamer, and a splash of half and half.
Yes, it's things like this that make me realize how far I've come... The things I used to allow myself and still thought that I was doing well: Skinny cow ice creams, WW frozen desserts, pretzels... all of which were just making me even more hungry, not providing any nutrition at all, and sabotaging my diet. I may not be at my goal weight, but I'm much healthier and have all the tools I need for life-long maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyAWC View Post
Hi all

I had my first "test" of maintenace last weekend when I went wild at a relative's bar mitzvah for about 36 hours - I ate and drank without caution and came home and had to figure out how to eat again. Happy to say that as of today I am back to original weight!
Have a good weekend all and hang in there!
Great news indeed. Have a great weekend.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Maile- I am so glad for you getting rid of that pesky pound! You are such a good example ( and inspiration) thank you...
Pxlkitty-151.5??? So a pound for you too then! Congrats! I love that you went after 7 pounds with such tenacity!
Lee- thank you for your encouragement and positive post. It is so reassuring to know that you chewed off those four weeks of Phase 1 extended reboot. I whole heartedly agree with Pxlkitty that when we are doing well we need to share because nothing makes the whole group feel better than knowing even one of us is doing well it shines a light and gives hope hearing success. As we build our self efficacy (check out spark people maintenance for where I learned that new word ) that knowledge within us that sauys " I can do this, I've got this even though I fall down, I pick myself up, dust myself off and try again". This is versus throwing our hands up in the air and saying "I fell just like I always do and always will and there's no use in standing back up". It's always worth standing up again. Maintenance can feel like walking a tight rope. Always having to be on guard afraid of falling because it's nerve racking. But even when we fall off the rope it doesn't mean that we aren't meant to be tight rope walkers we just need more practice. For some it will be more innate than others but we are all capable. It's practice, practice, practice and getting right back on. And each time one of us makes it across the rope it is inspiring to the rest because it proves it can be done. It doesn't mean they won't ever fall again but each time they do it they gain more confidence for it and the hope is that after enough practice it won't be so nerve racking and will become more innate. Still will require attention but you'll know "I've got this". Sorry, if this was a slightly cheesy metaphor but it is how I feel. I'm still definitely learning maintenance and trying to configure how to fit all my pieces together. I am at the same weight that I started maintenance at but have gained a couple that I lost after I started maintenance. I am still to my dismay a sugar junkie. This is my most problematic area of maintenance. I only let myself have it on free day but it usually gets ugly and I really don't want to spend the rest of my life letting my sugar monster out of the closet once a week. Then I tell myself that is so much better than the 7 days a week it used to be. Ahhhh balance. Stupid cookies. So small. So delicious. So easy to eat a dozen. So I'm thinking of making a little deal with myself. Have whatever else- but no sugar!!- not even on a free day. At least for awhile until I can get the rest figured...
Pauley- when you wrote about cookies and going for a run right around Christmas there it was something I could so identify with. Exercise can be a saving grace in maintenance. Have you ever tried Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? Quick, quick workout that you'll love to hate. I know you've mentioned doing planks- her level 2 on that video is about 15 minutes of planking in various positions. Definitely feel your abs after that one! When do you leave for Maui?
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #425  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

[QUOTE=Paint Lady;4255274]I used to drink a 4 pack of starbucks mocha frappuccinos a day during the summer in addition to several cups of coffee with 2 spoons of sugar, 2 spoons of non-dairy creamer, and a splash of half

I stay away from sugar also! I forgot to tell you that I was very happy reading that your hair has grown back!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #426  
Maile

[QUOTE=capricious;4256132]Maile- I am so glad for you getting rid of that pesky pound! You are such a good example ( and inspiration) thank you...
Pxlkitty-151.5??? So a pound for you too then! Congrats! I love that you went after 7 pounds with such tenacity!

Cap..That was a very inspiring post. You are right it is practice and forming habits! That is a wonderful acomplishment that you are the same weight now as when you started maintenance!!!!! Even though it seems like you have lowered your maintenance weight by a few pounds and want those pesky pounds off! It is very motivating to read that maintenance can be successful.

I have decided to do a positive post. I am heading towards month 6 of maintenance. I am now 14 pounds under my goal weight of 142. For the last three months I have been keeping 128 as my goal weight and keeping a range of 3 pounds.

I find the IP maintenance eating to be the most effective. I generally stay away from sugar, even on cheat days. I really do not want to lose control by eating sugar and more sugar.
Cap..I know what you mean about one cookie leading to others..I have done that!
I might have it in a terriyaki sauce. I do seek sweets and use WFor splenda for that need. I still eat fairly low fat, except for using olive oil, sesami oil or avocados..and nuts. I am not eating my beloved cheese very often. I usually only have a grain in the morning.

I am slowly gaining confidence that I can do this. Only 6 months until the National Registry. My weak moments are mainly being a scale addict and not liking to see the scale ever go up.

I also think having the support and being able to vent here, is greatly helping me stay stable. I also believe that the daily exercise is keeping me stable.

Pixl: I am glad things are going better. You are wise to reflect upon how far we have come. I used to eat those Skinny Cow icecreams also..and never lost any weight..We are eating healthier now! I have totally changed my diet to add many more vegetables and less high fat!

Tracy: I am glad you are back to normal weight. It feels very good to do that when you are maintaining. I liked your quiche and have made it twice!

Like you said..having a plan to go back to is the key. Before when I would go up, I would panick ..Now we have something in place that we know works. That is very reassuring.

Last edited by Maile; 03-16-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #427  
Maile

[QUOTE=Pauley;4254493]Paint - thanks for the inspiring and positive post! You and I have about the same start and finish weight. I am also glad to have the energy to play with my child and am battling loose skin.

Pauley..Constant rain can drive you crazy!!!!!..plus when you can't get out and run, it throws you off. Ihat is the problem with both of us living in WA.!! ! am sorry you are having a hard week. Hope today is a better day for you.

You are such a positive supportive person here! I agree..we can do this..no matter if we have periods of doubt and struggle. We are all still here trying and learning and maintaining in our own ways.

Last edited by Maile; 03-16-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #428  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Happy 6 months of maintenance for me. I hit goal on September 16, 2011!
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #429  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Happy 6 months of maintenance for me. I hit goal on September 16, 2011!
Happy Half-Anniversary! You're doing a great job on maintenance. Love your dedication to this board too. You're an important part of all of the Maintainers' experience
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies,
I've been buried in my studio and finally decided to come up for air and check in.
I've been doing more "intuitive" maintenance to see how my instincts and lessons learned about maintaining are doing.
I was up to 129 a little over 2 weeks ago after trying this, and now down to 127.4. I seem to be holding there. I am combining ph.1 type days, with calorie intake watching using "normal" non diet type foods and sort of finding a balance between protein bars and shakes for snacks to avoid the heavy stuff, and saving my indulgences for wine cheese butter and bread. On days when I'm having company and want to eat what everyone else is, I just have a light calorie day leading up to the dinner and simply try to average out the calorie intake that way. I'm not really doing the free days as a whole day anymore. It's just not natural (speaking for myself only)
If I continue this way I will maintain. If I want to knock off the 7lbs I'd like to lose, so I can maintain at 120 even, then I'll have to do something different.
I would prefer that especially as a summer weight, but more than that I'm really seeking out the right kind of exercise for my body. I've been looking at the Tracy Anderson method for body type. Anyone out there doing that program?
OK, girls...as always I am so grateful to have you all out there. You're the best!
Sunny
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #431  
Maile

Pixl:

Celebrate! 6 months of maintenance. You are doing it!

Sunnymae: I have not tried the Tracy Anderson exercises. That is great that you are 127..and are heading down with those 7 pounds you like to lose. Your calm sensible approach to maintenance is very helpful for us to read. Your maintenance is going extremely well!

Last edited by Maile; 03-17-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Another problem I could only share here...the underwire in my bra is killing me. I don't have the cushiony rib fat I used to!
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 180/148/143

Height: 5'10"

I know it's been asked before but I was hoping for some updated ideas...
What are you "maintainers" ordering from Nashua? What are your 3 favorites?
MAINTAINisGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Happy Sunday everyone!
Pxlkitty- a big congrats on hitting the six month mark in maintenance!
Sunnymae- thank you for sharing your latest forays into how to make maintenance manageable for life! Very happy for you that the extra two pounds have vacated the premises. I've never heard of Tracy Anderson, so can't really offer any advice there... I, myself like a group atmosphere, I find I have higher energy and am more motivated. And having a class forces me to acknowledge my set time for exercise...
Maile- I really liked all of your tips about the oil and how to avoid extra sugar when you are seeking something sweet. And the positivity of your post warmed my heart. It is the best feeling to come on here and catch up with the posts and reading all the benefits that this new lifestyle is providing. I feel that in having taken control of my food choices and making good decisions for myself, it has given me confidence in all aspects of life. This has made for a much happier more assured me and I am passing that along to my family. When you have girls you want to be the best role model you can be. And nothing makes me prouder than when they choose apples over fries. Say no to soda and opt for milk. My oldest daughter is six and has started reading labels on the food and inquires about the different nutritional values and what they mean.
I love not having to fret about going shopping. Being embarrassed to attend weddings & Christmas parties. Not feeling invisible.
There are many reasons why battling with a couple pounds in maintenance is so much more worthwhile than battling with the many pounds in weight loss. I am very greatful to be here and will endeavor to do whatever it takes to stay here..
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #435  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
Another problem I could only share here...the underwire in my bra is killing me. I don't have the cushiony rib fat I used to!
Lee..I had the same problem..no more underwires they hurt! Too funny..at least we are smaller!