Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Finally bought 2 of the MIO liquids yesterday. Last night I had the Berry Pomegranite with some sparkling water. Very good! Wuv has mentioned them several times and they are definitely a nice addition to the IP tools!

Happy Friday!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: S 242 / C 226 / G 180

Height: 5' 10"

Day three begins. Up early today to go to town for a manicure (town it 20 miles away! LOL). Started the day with the herb omelet. Wish the clinic was open today so I could get more of those - I like it!! Filling too (I add onions). This afternoon will be my first "outing" around dinner time - have my son's basketball game and they are having a pancake supper. I am hoping for the will power to skip it (and the amazing homemade chokecherry syrup).

Patti
Old 01-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
All this Phase 3 talk makes me want to be there! But that is a long way off. I'm gonna try the raspberry jelly and chili today. We have wind chill values of -10, so chili is gonna be great. If only I could add cheese and crackers.
How about turnip chips? Salty and crunchy! Yum!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
I'm trying to do a week without restricted bars to see if it affects my weight loss. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the 3lbs a week, but I just want to see what even fewer carbs do, if anything. One thing I have noticed is a lack of energy, and was wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing? I am taking all of my supplements and drinking all of my water. I eat my restricted bar for my nighttime snack, so now there aren't any carbs being converted to energy overnight. However, I did have some carbs in the tomato sauce last night (I would guess 6-10g), so I will see if I have a little more energy today.
Have a great day, everyone! I'm looking out my window and there are some snowflakes :-)
Personally I always found I lost better when I had 1 restricted a day verses only 1-2 a week. Plus it keeps me happy and feeling good. I think Wuv posted something recently about how people who have the restricteds stick with the diet better and have better results. Not trying to discourage you, because I will be very interested to see how your week is and if I should try cutting them out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Soooo this weekend I will be changing to alternatives most likely..I think the transition will be okay with the suggestions I got from the AMAHZING people here

Have a great day everyone, you are worth it =)
FYI, before you switch to the alternatives make sure you do all your research. Personally I couldn't do alternatives without ordering online because I was not satisfied with what I could get in stores(hence my 10 different stops and starts in December), but everyone is different. Maybe give yourself a week buffer with the IP products while you start to incorporate some of the alternatives you are planning on using if you can because it would be a shame to fall off the wagon just because you weren't prepared.

Now that I have more variety and IMO higher quality products from the internet I am very satisfied, although I am still wanting to go back to IP once business picks up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Almost through with week two Going great... After all the back and forth talk about the ip versus alternatives yesterday it made me a little weary of talking about how well I feel i am doing on the alternatives. I mean it's only week two but, I'm taking ample supplements and follow the diet to a T with alternative products. I'm never hungry, I have massive energy, I just overall feel great.
There's no need to be wary! There are several people on here who have been very successful with alternatives, Wuv's mom lost I think 50lbs on alternatives. That's so awesome you're feeling great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Finally bought 2 of the MIO liquids yesterday. Last night I had the Berry Pomegranite with some sparkling water. Very good! Wuv has mentioned them several times and they are definitely a nice addition to the IP tools!

Happy Friday!
I love MiO! Make sure to try the Black Cherry, that's my new favorite!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post

I love MiO! Make sure to try the Black Cherry, that's my new favorite!
I have been using Mio since I started the program. I really love the orange, I can't wait to use it in a smoothie with my vanilla pudding, it should taste like a dreamsicle. I did want to mention that the MIO energy does have caffeine in it so make sure to get your extra water to make up for that.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #21  

Height: 5'6

Had my first WI this morning! -7.2lbs!!!!!!!!!! Too good to be true isn't it? I added my s/c/g at the side (at least I think i did lol) and had to think a long time about what my goal is. I have just wanted to get below 200 for so long, now I feel I have the ability to run from it.

Also a question... do you weigh yourself each day? every other day? only at the coach's? This past week I weighed myself everyday and it was nice to see the scale going down, but I know it won't quite be as steadily after the first week so thinking I should just maybe do it once in the middle of the week.

Thank you all for your tips and encouragement! Good luck to everyone!!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 232.5/208.8/175.0

Height: 5'9"

Day 6 but it's my weigh-in day - I'm excited and nervous. I'm also excited to put in a real order of foods I pick - so far the plain chocolate shake is my favorite, but I want to try the lemon pudding and vanilla shake.
~Tammy
Old 01-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #23  
IP start Jan 3, 2012

S/C/G: 236/224.0/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Almost through with week two Going great... After all the back and forth talk about the ip versus alternatives yesterday it made me a little weary of talking about how well I feel i am doing on the alternatives. I mean it's only week two but, I'm taking ample supplements and follow the diet to a T with alternative products. I'm never hungry, I have massive energy, I just overall feel great.
I think you answered your worries right there in that last line. Please continue to post your success! My Mom has expressed interest in starting and she would definitely be doing alternatives. I have no concerns over recommending she do that.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Hey abuck -- that was me who was commenting on TOM. I like your theory. It makes alot of sense glad you said something.

So I have a pretty nice NSV. I don't want my fiancé to sound like a jerk, but he and I are brutally honest about everything and people think he's a little rough on me sometimes. I know he loves me, but he's always made small comments about my weight--- or would advise me strongly against eating junk-- outsiders would say it was rude and mean... I always knew his intentions were good. Anyway, I asked him about two weeks ago if he could tell I lost weight--by looking at me (because I started to notice). He politely replied with " well it's kind of hard to tell because i see you everyday" which I know means --no. Well yesterday, I was doing my hair and he said-- "we really need to get you some smaller clothes. I can see a difference now, I'm so proud of you babe." honestly, that comment made all my work worth it. I've also noticed that he's been way more affectionate. Sheesh, if this is how it is in the 150s I'm nervous to see how it is when I hit the 120s. . Lol sorry for being so long winded.

Congrats to everyone on their successes !!

Last edited by newmom7611; 01-13-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #25  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
Yahoo down 2 lbs during phase 2. Starting phase 3 this weekend
Congratulations! You've done amazing. Good luck and enjoy Phase 3
Old 01-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #26  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by licaba View Post
Had my first WI this morning! -7.2lbs!!!!!!!!!! Too good to be true isn't it? I added my s/c/g at the side (at least I think i did lol) and had to think a long time about what my goal is. I have just wanted to get below 200 for so long, now I feel I have the ability to run from it.

Also a question... do you weigh yourself each day? every other day? only at the coach's? This past week I weighed myself everyday and it was nice to see the scale going down, but I know it won't quite be as steadily after the first week so thinking I should just maybe do it once in the middle of the week.

Thank you all for your tips and encouragement! Good luck to everyone!!
Good job! Its an amazing feeling to see what all your hard work was for. I used to weigh everyday but then I started to get really frustrated when I would see the scale not move or "gasp" go up, so my husband took the scale away with him to work and I haven't seemt since. It's a nice surprise whn I go to my coach every week and way less stress for me at home.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #27  

I see where so many of you have been successful on IP and it has been a great motivator to not cheat and stay OP.
However, it's day 4 , no cheats, drank all my water and then some, and my scale only shows a loss of 1.6lbs.
I have been told not to exercise (usually exercised at least an hour a day prior) until week 2 because of the tendency to burn muscle.
I am more than discouraged - gave up my diet cokes, cheese, and evening glass of wine and no real progress on the scale. Is it because I am not exercising? Or is this normal for some?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

So I love my turnip (rutabaga) fries...I toss them in 1 - 2 tsps (depending on what I'll have as my other veggie of the day) and bake them until they're crispy (they come out more like soggy fries) I've tried high heats (450) low heats (350) and everything in between....My coach told me to be careful and not let them get brown because she reminded me they are caramelizing and the sugars are not allowed...How does everyone else eat their turnips/rutabagas...I was thinking of just boiling them but I really love the semi crunch factor I was able to get through baking them...
Old 01-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #29  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Congrats to you all for those outstanding losses. My restart was only Wed but always weigh in on Fridays sooooo.... YAY I'm back in the 100s! I'm so happy and very psyched to push on toward goal.

The Shrimp with Lobster Sauce was great last night SOOOOO FULL! I experimented with Miracle Rice. Boiled 1 bag in 2 cups Chick Broth with 1 tsp fine chopped ginger. About 1 minute before all the broth had boiled down I threw in one chopped scallion. It was really good. I still look forward to trying the recipe on yesterday's thread I was just too tired to go there. Visiting elderly momma 2-3 hours each day in nursing rehab is taking a toll. Driving time 1 hour added to that almost finishes me. Bless her heart though, she is 94 with a broken ankle. I have no room to whine. So dinner was a joyful respite.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
I admit I am nervous to start phase 3. I love the IP food and the convience of a shake/bar. I liked the strictness of phase one. Especially when I saw a 3 to 4 lb loss each week. I am adament that I will not go back to my old ways of eating. I love all the veggies. I love my new(new to me) clothes. Mostly I love the new me. I have worked hard @ this, spent the money, I invested in ME and just refuse to make bad food choices
You will looove phase 3! Nothing to be worried about same as other phases, just breakfast is DELISH! I lost 2lbs during phase 3!!! Got a pound below my goal weight actually. phew.
I didn't even really measure and obsess I just made sure I got a fruit, a dairy, a carb and a fat.
Example, my go to breakfast at work meal:
• ˝ cup of Alpen Muesli (no sugar added) mixed it in Fage Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt, sprinkled with truvia and Cinnamon.
• 7oz of berries: (a tiny carton from grocery store of raspberries or blueberries or blackberries, or sometimes I’d have a small banana
• And I’d eat a little peanut butter on a spoon to get some fat in.

yum! I am going to weigh myself tomorrow and see if I'm down some from the holidays. I might need a phase 3 breakfast soon. YUMMY.
Closed Thread