Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 164/151/130

Height: 5'3

That is a very beautiful story you told. I have tears in my eyes. Karma is great. I am so glad that you are wearing your Dad's new jacket and it sure must feel great that it is even too big for you. Your Dad is watching over you and very proud this morning. Bless you.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

WI#7 tonight. Should be a decent number.

My engagement ring is officially WAY too big now. I'm wearing another ring in front of it to keep it from slipping. When I get it polished before the wedding, I might have them add a bump inside so it fits properly. I talk with my hands and I'm afraid it is going to go flying off! ha ha

When I started IP, my clinic gave me a sample of the broccoli soup to try. It was the only soup I liked but then they stopped carrying it! They recently started carrying cream of vegetable and I really like that - pretty close to the broccoli but more flavorful. I notice they have chicken noodle now too so I will have to give that one a whirl. It was only 27 degrees this morning so I need the soup to warm me up!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:17 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Oooohhhhh, today is going to be a real test of willpower for me. Co-workers are bringing in food today for my Birthday and 3 boxes of HOT Krispy Kreme Donuts just went by. They are my weakness. At least the only place to set the food is one row over, so I won't have to see it or smell it. They don't know that I have started this diet so I know that they are not trying to sabotage me.

Happy Birthday
Old 11-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone,

So I have a really personal NSV that I'd like to share (usually just like reading about others NSV's).

So my father passed away about 4 1/2 years ago, the winter before he was tired of being cold all the time so he went out around Feb and bought a new winter jacket (the ones on sale). It was a great jacket and very very warm (I remember my mom rolling her eyes cause he spent so much on it even though it was on sale lol). Unfortunately the zipper broke in it...so being my dad he made a point to take it back to the store and get them to put a new zipper on it.

During his last stint in the hospital the store left a message at home to tell us that it was done and available for pick up. So I told him, he looked right at me and whispered "will you pick it up for me babe?". Of course I said sure. He passed away a few days later. So I had to go pick up before the funeral. My mom said I could have it because he asked me to pick it up and it was the last thing he asked me to do.

I couldn't fit it, LOL I was too big. My sister tried it on and said "hey, I should have this it fits me." And I said "nope, it's mine it can stay in the closet until I fit it".

Today it's -15 C and I'M so tired of being cold that I dug the jacket out of my closet. Today is the first day I got to wear it...it's so awesome! (I cried) Actually it's kinda almost too big.

Yesterday I only lost 1 (yes I said only and no one is allowed to comment on it!). I had my 20 minutes of pity party and today I'm so grateful to finally get to wear my dad's jacket because I've lost 96 lbs and what I lost last week isn't going to change what I eat this week.

Hope everyone has a great day!
What a beautiful story
Old 11-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #20  

Good Morning all - First I wanna say thank you to everyone for all the congrats yesterday!!!! Second this weather is crazy - Yesterday it was 68 when we woke up and today it was 48?? You gotta love Louisiana weather!! Goodluck to all the weigh ins today - hope everyone has a great day....
Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Quote:
Oooohhhhh, today is going to be a real test of willpower for me. Co-workers are bringing in food today for my Birthday and 3 boxes of HOT Krispy Kreme Donuts just went by. They are my weakness. At least the only place to set the food is one row over, so I won't have to see it or smell it. They don't know that I have started this diet so I know that they are not trying to sabotage me.
Happy Birthday and give yourself a present and resist you can do it, you'll feel so much better when you do
Old 11-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone,

So I have a really personal NSV that I'd like to share (usually just like reading about others NSV's).

So my father passed away about 4 1/2 years ago, the winter before he was tired of being cold all the time so he went out around Feb and bought a new winter jacket (the ones on sale). It was a great jacket and very very warm (I remember my mom rolling her eyes cause he spent so much on it even though it was on sale lol). Unfortunately the zipper broke in it...so being my dad he made a point to take it back to the store and get them to put a new zipper on it.

During his last stint in the hospital the store left a message at home to tell us that it was done and available for pick up. So I told him, he looked right at me and whispered "will you pick it up for me babe?". Of course I said sure. He passed away a few days later. So I had to go pick up before the funeral. My mom said I could have it because he asked me to pick it up and it was the last thing he asked me to do.

I couldn't fit it, LOL I was too big. My sister tried it on and said "hey, I should have this it fits me." And I said "nope, it's mine it can stay in the closet until I fit it".

Today it's -15 C and I'M so tired of being cold that I dug the jacket out of my closet. Today is the first day I got to wear it...it's so awesome! (I cried) Actually it's kinda almost too big.

Yesterday I only lost 1 (yes I said only and no one is allowed to comment on it!). I had my 20 minutes of pity party and today I'm so grateful to finally get to wear my dad's jacket because I've lost 96 lbs and what I lost last week isn't going to change what I eat this week.

What a great story, brought tears to my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
WI#7 tonight. Should be a decent number.

My engagement ring is officially WAY too big now. I'm wearing another ring in front of it to keep it from slipping. When I get it polished before the wedding, I might have them add a bump inside so it fits properly. I talk with my hands and I'm afraid it is going to go flying off! ha ha

When I started IP, my clinic gave me a sample of the broccoli soup to try. It was the only soup I liked but then they stopped carrying it! They recently started carrying cream of vegetable and I really like that - pretty close to the broccoli but more flavorful. I notice they have chicken noodle now too so I will have to give that one a whirl. It was only 27 degrees this morning so I need the soup to warm me up!
Don't lose that engagement ring, congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmgrl View Post
Good Morning all - First I wanna say thank you to everyone for all the congrats yesterday!!!! Second this weather is crazy - Yesterday it was 68 when we woke up and today it was 48?? You gotta love Louisiana weather!! Goodluck to all the weigh ins today - hope everyone has a great day....
It's crazy weather in Alabama as well, I nearly froze when I stepped outside.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Happy Birthday!

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone,

that is such a sweet story and what a great NSV! You're looking fabulous!

Ok a TMI post coming up!

So i thought yesterday that my bloating, stomach ache issues were due to maybe being backed up...I do go everyday but not a lot (can you still have the C even if you go everyday) So last night i decided to take an x-strong exlax to "clear me out", well as of this morning, it did NOTHING! So does that mean that i'm blocked somewhere and should maybe try to take 2 tonight or it means that i'm fine and there was just nothing there? Still feeling bloated a bit and up .5 on the scale.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
I had two NSVs yesterday.

I had just finished a meeting and one of my colleagues was walking back to our office and said to me 'you are shrinking! what are you doing? you look wonderful'.

Then about an hour later another colleague came in my office and said, "I hope you don't think I'm sexually harassing you, but you are shrinking from behind! Keep up the great work!". I loved it, we had a good laugh together over that one.

I don't feel like I've lost any weight this week but i do feel like my clothes are fitting looser. Love this plan!!
congrats! good feeling!

Quote:
Staying OP will be a great gift to yourself! Have your favorite IP packets today and IP dinner! Happy B-day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
Well I am prepared for my day. Packed my 2 cups of veggies and 2 shakes(10am and 1:30) for my journey out into this wild blizzardy day here in Central Alberta. I deliver mail on foot and walk for about 4 hours and carry heavy mail and flyers. Now I don't carry an extra 54 lbs on me LOL. Love your postie today
Great job Pxlkitty4, you are an inspiration!
Happy Birthday Rissimo!
Props to you, you make me never want to complain about being cold in Florida.

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone,

Very touching NSV! Your dad is watching over you and so proud I can feel it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Happy Birthday!

that is such a sweet story and what a great NSV! You're looking fabulous!

Ok a TMI post coming up!

So i thought yesterday that my bloating, stomach ache issues were due to maybe being backed up...I do go everyday but not a lot (can you still have the C even if you go everyday) So last night i decided to take an x-strong exlax to "clear me out", well as of this morning, it did NOTHING! So does that mean that i'm blocked somewhere and should maybe try to take 2 tonight or it means that i'm fine and there was just nothing there? Still feeling bloated a bit and up .5 on the scale.
Sugarfree Milk of Magnesium helps for me. and I regualarly drink Super Dieter's tea. If I am good and have a cup at night and cup in morning, it makes me less constipated.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #25  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
Hi All. Day 4 of vacation. Still staying on program, but despite all of my planning, I managed to leave a bunch of packets behind. I did pack the all important vanilla pudding for my morning coffee though. I bought some Atkins bars that are comparable to the restricteds.

Anyway, the best NSVs ever -- did not have to turn sideways to walk through the airplane aisle. Did not have to put the armrest up to get extra space in the seat and was even able to cross my legs comfortably -- even when the lady in front of me reclined her seat. I also bought a beautiful cashmere sweater -- size medium -- at a consignment shop for $28. It fits beautifully and I'm thrilled!

I am having some body image issues though. I went to buy a bathing suit and couldn't get into my head what size I really am. They all looked so small. It's not a bad issue to have, but it is taking some adjustment.

So, I'm keeping strong. Wishing everybody a good day!
I am so happy for you, I have yet to brave going to a real store to buy anything, I really need a new swimsuit but am chicken. As Pxlkitty says greek yogurt with a little splenda will get you by and is really good. Have a great vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
Well I am prepared for my day. Packed my 2 cups of veggies and 2 shakes(10am and 1:30) for my journey out into this wild blizzardy day here in Central Alberta. I deliver mail on foot and walk for about 4 hours and carry heavy mail and flyers. Now I don't carry an extra 54 lbs on me LOL. Love your postie today
Great job Pxlkitty4, you are an inspiration!
Happy Birthday Rissimo!
Oh man, I do not envy you today, it is cold and miserable out there. How do you keep warm? does the canada post jackets keep you warm? and what do you wear on your feet... sorry I don't have any winter clothing now and am cold all the time so I wore my old clunky boots to work today about 2 sizes too big.. really need to go shopping but I dont like shopping.

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone,

Carla you brought tears to my eyes. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my dad around this time 11 years ago and I still think back to the 3 months I spent with him in the hospital, and how one day I came in and the nurses had on him one of my sweaters and it fit him better than me. I still have a few pieces of his winter clothing, a lumber jacket shirt that I could barely snap up and a old vest, now both are way too big... and like your dad, I can feel my dad smiling and looking down on me saying "See dumb *** you can do it, you have done well"... he never really used dumb *** in a bad way and it was an endearment of sorts. He was always so worried about me, as I live by myself and had no one to lean on, but I am tough and I have wonderful friends who help me alot... except at 1:00 am when there is a bat flying around in my house..

ladyray - Phase 2 is wonderful, and you aren't getting extra protein you are just replacing your protein pack for real protein. The only difference is the protein packets absorb faster in your body, and the real protein takes just a little longer to absorb.

Everyone have a great day, last night the news reported that a big snow storm was going to arrive at 3:00am and we would get over 6 inches of snow. I woke at 3 and was happy to see no snow, I walked the dogs at 4:45 and was happy to see no snow but fricking cold wind... left the house at 6:00am for work snow has begun... then I get to work and find out the scheduled 5 minute power outage lasted 4 hours and I have servers that didn't come back up, so My day started off with a bang... now off to do more work and then have breakfast. Congrats to all you losers and your NSVs...
Old 11-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone,

What a beautiful story Ishbel - You are doing amazing and your dad is so proud of you!! When my dad passed, all i kept was an olympic Canadain sweatshirt i had bought him and i treasure it!!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #27  

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I am new to ip. Yesterday first day. Went well except upset stomach. Am not crazy about the taste of the drinks, just hold my nose and drink. Love all the post and plan to stop by everyday to read, very helpful !! Thank you all for sharing your stories !!:

Last edited by Arleather; 11-17-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

What wonderful stories to start a nasty day.
Ishbel as others said your story brings tears to the eye. That coat will keep you super warm!

You know, I had never noticed that some people had to walk sideways down an airplane aisle, I guess I always assumed they were looking for an empty spot to store carry on stuff. But in the last few days both WUV and rainbowmom mentioned getting past that stage as a NSV. Way to go!!!

Junetwin, I really feel for posties today!! I was reading in the Journal several years ago about the quest posties had to find the best boots that had soles that didn't freeze at Arctic temps. Having lost over 50 pounds must really give you more energy as you make your rounds but will make a difference with insulation against the cold. Plus it will be a while before the sidewalks and walkways will be cleared. You will be glad when your shift is over.

I am looking out the window but going to have to venture out soon. There is absolutely no traffic on the road at all. I am half an hour east of the city but it will take a lot longer today.

Have a great day everyone.

Pat
Old 11-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
I had two NSVs yesterday.

I had just finished a meeting and one of my colleagues was walking back to our office and said to me 'you are shrinking! what are you doing? you look wonderful'.

Then about an hour later another colleague came in my office and said, "I hope you don't think I'm sexually harassing you, but you are shrinking from behind! Keep up the great work!". I loved it, we had a good laugh together over that one.

I don't feel like I've lost any weight this week but i do feel like my clothes are fitting looser. Love this plan!!
That is a funny NSV!! Glad you are getting all those compliments!!

Quote:
Give yourself the gift of resistance!! Krispy Kremes will still be around next birthday!! Have a great OP birthday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolirish View Post
I had weigh in #3 last night and am down 5lbs, that's 15lbs in 3 weeks! Fab diet. Looking forward to enjoying the January sales in Dublin this new year. I'm feeling like I will be able to see this weight loss journey through to the end. I say that tentatively because I have sabotaged every diet I have started in the last 10 years.
I feel the same way!! I'm in week 6, but I have also sabotaged myself for whatever reason when I got down to a certain weight every other time I have dieted. I am really trying to not let that happen again. This board is such a motivator that I am really counting on it helping me see it through to the end this time!

Quote:
Hey Hey Everyone,

Great NSV...got the tears flowing this morning!! Awesome weight loss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmgrl View Post
I'm feeling ya!! This weather is CRAZY!! Shorts and sweating yesterday...pants and freezing feet today!! UGH!!

WI #6 this afternoon. Feeling kinda bloated today. I wasn't feeling too great last night and after I exercised I decided to go to bed early. Woke up this morning to find out that I had forgotten my protein snack last night. I hope it doesn't mess me up too bad!!
Good luck to everyone with WI's today and congrats to everyone on their losses and NSV's.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Yesterday was a big day for me! Went to seminar at my clinic. Weighed in and spoke about my experience to fellow IPers… I have all of you to thank for the tools of success.
And… my body fat is now 23% and my weight is 138! Still can’t believe I’m in the 130s. My mom and friend came last night. It’s nice to have them for support and I wanted my mom to truly understand why I am doing this (she’s a type one diabetic).

Today I start Phase 2! So weird how dependent I go on my lunch packet. So convenient. I am going to miss something sweet at lunch after veggies, like the mango drink. I didn’t have time to make extra protein last night, so I think I will have to buy 2 hard boiled eggs at lunch. I am only doing phase 2 till the 30th and phasing off December 15th in time for my 9th anniversary dating joe and my mother’s birthday the 16th and a mother daughter luncheon on 17th. I am crossing my fingers I’ll get below 135 before maintenance…but It’s just a number, I can always sweep away 5-10 lbs after new year’s. So it leave extra room for glycogen stores.

What I shared at seminar:
Reflections:
From Muffin Tops to Bikini Tops…
The D word is just awful. No, I do not mean divorce or death...the "D" word I am talking about is DIET! The word Diet gives me the feeling that my old life is dead and it makes me feel like I am divorcing food.. .If you think about it, when you are on a Diet you are giving up foods/drinks you are used to, it’s a habit. It's a death and divorce from what you knew, you feel like you can’t have it again or the bad habits will start coming back and it will be a downward spiral.
I hate the word Diet, so I will not be using it. Too many people fail on diets, that’s why I LOVE Ideal Protein Program, because it’s a lifestyle change not the “D” word Ideal protein gives you the tools to maintain your weight and not leave you guessing when you are done losing the weight. There is an end, you aren’t giving up food you love forever, and during the IP process I feel rejuvenated and healthy. I am now confident that I can stay healthy and still eat the things I love!

I must admit, I've tried Ideal Protein before, in 2009, but I didn't allow myself to truly allow the lifestyle change happen to me. I simply wasn't ready. I think I almost needed to fail miserably so that I could realize the importance of Ideal Protein and how it positively affects the body. There’s a science behind it that I truly didn’t take the time to understand.
So when I spoke to Sue about my past history with Ideal Protein and she informed me she was now a coach, I knew it was a sign I was now in the right frame of mind. To follow through beginning to end. I made an Ideal Protein binder with tips, recipes, program information and I joined 3fatchicks.com, a forum online to chat with others on the IP program. I contribute half of my success to this forum. It’s comforting talking to others going through the same successes and challenges you are. Of course, friends and family can be a great support, but they can also unintentionally enable you. They don’t understand that “one” bite will slow you down and they don’t understand that you are resetting your pancreas and the point is to keep that insulin from spiking and over working the organ.

My mother is a type 1 diabetic; she got it when she was pregnant with me. My mother is here tonight, the beautiful, then ageless women sitting over there. I always feel like I’m being judged or compared to her. It’s never easy being fatter and unhealthier than your mother. Of course sometimes I feel like it’s my fault she got diabetes.
But the truth of the matter is, Diabetes runs in my family and I wanted to make sure I did everything I could to take care of my body so I know it’s not my unhealthy habits that cause me to get type 2 diabetes. My Mom takes 4 shots a day, my aunt is on the pump (she got it with her 3rd child), my nano had diabetes.

So in Mid July my transformation began. I was wearing size 12 bottoms, often unbuttoning them after lunch at work. I had hit an all time low, I was depressed, didn’t want to go anywhere, just wanted to be home in my big comfy clothes. I am not going to say it’s been an easy 4 months, but I will say it has flown by. I am the type of person that needs routine in my life, and I plan, plan, plan, I THINK THE KEY TO BEING successful on IP is being prepared, proactive about your choices. Pre-plan your weekly meals. Always have veggies prepped in your fridge. At work for lunch I survive on bagged lettuce, pre made dressing, sliced cucumbers and those microwavable broccoli bags or broccoli/cauliflower combos. During holidays it’s hard, we all know that, that’s why we are here. But I have planned ahead, I don’t think it’s worth throwing money away and losing a week for one meal. So I will be having turkey, making green beans, cauliflower mash, and IP stuffing recipe, trying to jell the raspberry Jello with the Blue/Cranberry, Pomegranate drink for my cranberry sauce fix and then end the holiday with rhubarb crisp for dessert. Maybe my aunt and mom can enjoy the dessert with me! J Low sugar!!!

Sometimes you have to be a little anti-social while on Phase 1, and that’s okay, people that care about you will understand. Some days will be harder to go to dinner parties with groups of people. Other times you will feel great, want to wear those pants that finally fit you again and go out and socialize. It’s about the company not the food. Can’t have alcohol, have a club soda with lime, no one will know it’s not a vodka/soda… I’ve learned to love tea and coffee when out socializing. And sugar free trident it my best friend after a dinner out. If you have to take your own salt and dressing and salad and snack packet, don’t be ashamed. I don’t agree with hiding the fact that one is doing the program. Just explain I am eating clean and healthy right now, at this time I can’t try this or that, thank you though it looks wonderful. The other night I took a huge salad to a dinner party and everyone raved how good it was. That is a great feeling.
I’m still working on being proud of how far i have come, I still see the chubby tummy and back fat, every imperfection. But that is something I will struggle with regardless of my weight.
I'm so glad I found this program and A focus on Fitness. Ideal protein is like no other program. It's a scientific, unbalanced, masterpiece really! Thanks for letting me share my story!

Tips Offered:
Key Tips:
• The longer you are on program the easier it is to resist things/cravings go away (unless you go too long without eating or drinking). I really have to listen to my body, I ask myself, am I really hungry? If I eat recently or it’s not quite lunch time, I often find I’m not really hungry I am just procrastinating, worried or stressed. Often times it’s because I’m due for veggies or packet.

• Don’t let yourself get hungry, because that is when you will want something off plan. Water water, water. If you don’t like water, get over it and get used to it, it will be your best friend (many squeeze lemon or lime or use the new MIO enhancement liquid). Tea will be your friend too. Have some cucumbers, egg whites, pickles, salad also keeps you full.

• Be creative with packets; make unrestricted pancakes with the IP cereal, bread your chicken with IP cereal. Make rhubarb crumble dessert with oatmeal, cauliflower pureed with chicken soup makes a killer fake mashed potatoes recipe. Get your veggies and packet at same time! Spices are your friend. I have found a new appreciation for curry powders and Mrs. Dash No Salt seasonings.

• Something to remember: even though the scale doesn't move much that your body changes everywhere and that, that number is ONLY a number. It’s more about how you feel! Don’t compare yourself to others and don’t dwell on the average amount people lose a week. I’ve gained, I’ve stayed the same, and I’ve lost 5lbs. Your body is adjusting; give it time to do its thing while you continue to eat clean. And you will be rewarded.

• Constipation has been a huge problem for me. Super Dieter’s tea daily seems to help. And trying to have a salad at lunch and dinner.

• The hardest part for me at this point is, people see me and think I need to stop losing and say I look great. But I still see my stomach and areas I still need to lose. I just politely tell them I am almost done, I have to phase off properly in order to maintain weight. I am getting to a good body fat percentage, and that usually shuts them up.

• Talking walks and using my 10lb weights, doing pushups, using the medicine ball is really making me feel tighter. I also started spin classes and plan to start Pilates when I get to phase 3, to really strengthen my core and back muscles. Try light exercise, I truly believe it will make you feel less flabby and help lose inches. For more intense workouts, I make sure to have a restricted item before a workout, or eat my dinner before a workout. And I try to listen to my body and not over do it, since we are eating fewer calories.

• Reward yourself with non- food treat when you hit mini goals, every 10 lbs get a pedicure/manicure, monthly massages, buy that dress you have been eyeing.

• Going to a wedding or function? Call the venue ahead of time and ask what they are serving so you are prepared, I 2 events I have gone to, they have made me special protein plates, chicken breast, salad without dressing on it, there might be some days you get less or more veggies than required, don’t stress out too much, it won’t make you fat!

• Tip: scales don't weigh self. Buy scale for final stage 3 and maintenance.

• Make sure there aren’t hidden sugars or corn syrup in condiments you buy. Stick to olive oil, allowed vinegars, reduced salt soy, hot sauce, and seasonings.

• if you cheat, which you should NOT, pay attention to how you feel emotionally and physically. Jump back on plan the next meal, or day. Don't jump back into old habits. We are human, don't beat yourself up.

• If you continue cheating more than a couple times, then you have to ask yourself the hard question, are you truly ready to start a new and healthier life
“In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.”
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
"Don't sacrifice your future for a momentary pleasure"
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”
Closed Thread