Old 09-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I have a question regarding phase 2.

Did anyone experience any weight gain (initially) when they switched to P2? I started P2 on Wed. for my mini phase off and the scale is up 1.6 since the switch. It is the only change I have made.

I talked to my coach about it and she said it is totally normal and that it is just water weight, not real weight, because I am still OP. I do notice that my rings are tighter than usual, but my pants are fitting the same, so I do believe her.

However, I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else, and if it did, did it eventually even out and drop back down?

I am a smidge freaked out, but I am have been calmed after my conversation with my coach. She also apologized for not telling me up front and reminded me to stay off of my scale But I could use some extra reassurance.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning everyone, I FINALLY got a full nights sleep and didn't wake up until my alarm went off this morning so I think its going to be a GREAT day! I took my Sept picture, keeping the monthly thing going. I am going to my mom's for the weekend, we are going shopping in Lafayette tomorrow for some things I can't get here. Last time we stayed gone all day Saturday shopping and I think its going to be another one of those day, which I totally enjoy because I don't get to see and do things with her as much as I would want too. I will be checking in when I am there.

I hope everyone in TX stays safe from these fires. Watkat, especially you since one is getting close to you.

Have a great day!
Hellooooooo Beautiful WUV! Looooove the photo skinny mini and the hair!!!
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Nice new pic Wuv. You are such a pretty lady!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!

Today is day 3 OP for me. I'm a daily weigher (for now) and this morning I was down another .6, making it 2.6 lbs so far Once I break 195 that's going to be a huge milestone because that's the lowest I ever got after having my son.

I have to say sometimes this diet seems to 'easy' to work as well as it seems to. I'm not obsessing about food all day which is a WONDERFUL change! In past diets I'm always trying to track calories and points and I literally spend all day on the computer adjusting what I'm eating. It's nuts!!

My one issue is that this morning I've been feeling very nauseous and having trouble getting my water (which I typically love) in. Is it alright to drink carbonated water? I have one of those carbonation machines and it always settles my stomach but I don't want to mess up my progress.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
I'm not a big water drinker in the morning either and I don't drink coffee so my coach said I could drink Propel Zeros. They don't have that splenda type taste to them so I of those get me by till I can start with water.
Dancer456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostless View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to the IP diet, only two weeks.

5'6" - Start weight 175#.

W1 lost 6 lb - 11 inches
W2 lost 7 lb - 4.65 inches

Couple questions. My doctor allowed me to wean down my caffeine, one a day diet Coke for the first week, one every other day the second week.
THe first week I only had one diet coke all week. The second week, well I had a few more.

This week I have had a couple. I realize Diet Coke is not good for you but it's just that craving that I have to have. I don't mind the food, I follow the protocol otherwise very well and I'm still continuing to lose. This week I have a feeling it wont be as good just because I can't expect that every week you can't lose that much weight and I am also approaching my period. I will also be weighing in at the end of the day instead of the mornings from now on; which I always seem to weigh more later in the day.

Any support would be greatly appreciated. I am going to put my scale away at home because I get frustrated. My weight fluctuated yesterday about four lbs from morning to night and now back to morning again.
I was a Dr Pepper drinker. 1 a day till January and then slowed down a bit. When I started this diet in July I quit cold turkey. I went I think 8 weeks without even a sip. I wanted one like crazy though just wouldn't allow myself to cheat-my kids wouldn't either! haha Something about a 5 yr old with those big blues saying "mommy is that on your diet?!?" Anyway, I took a drink of one after that and didn't even like it! Those 2+ months without it was deffinately worth it! Its hard but you can do it and you'll be so glad when you don't even think about pop again!
Dancer456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #36  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning everyone, I FINALLY got a full nights sleep and didn't wake up until my alarm went off this morning so I think its going to be a GREAT day! I took my Sept picture, keeping the monthly thing going. I am going to my mom's for the weekend, we are going shopping in Lafayette tomorrow for some things I can't get here. Last time we stayed gone all day Saturday shopping and I think its going to be another one of those day, which I totally enjoy because I don't get to see and do things with her as much as I would want too. I will be checking in when I am there.

I hope everyone in TX stays safe from these fires. Watkat, especially you since one is getting close to you.

Have a great day!
Wuv you look amazing. I always look forward to your messages, you are always so positive and helpful. I have missed reading yours and all the others this past month. I have been absent for awhile as my father-in-law was low and we were at the care home during the day with him, and then slept in recliners in his room there at night. He has since passed away and have had his funeral. Sure was a struggle with all the food that was around , but I did good and stayed away from all the sweeties.
I noticed you said you slept all night last night. Did you take anything special to help you? I was taking 12mg of melatonin every night for the last 3 months (my naturopath Dr. prescribed this,who said I could to go up to 20mg). I didn't find it helped me sleep and I think that is a lot of melatonin to take so I have quit taking it. Sorry for rambling on.
Have a great weekend!!!
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Wuv, you look fabulous! Enjoy the shopping.

NavyMommy, I love plain seltzer with some lime squeezed in. It's really refreshing.

Jodi, good luck with the business dinner. I think I read somewhere that vodka is the least offensive of the alcohols.

Well, I am so very happy that it is Friday. A few NSV moments for me -- my rings are getting so loose that I almost lost one in the ladies room yesterday. Also, I put on a skirt I bought last week and it was a little big!

Question: I want to try adding Miracle Noodles into my repertoire, but I'm concerned about it slowing my loss. Any experiences out there?

Happy weekend!
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #38  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

I don't wear makeup that often, and since I had to today I took a picture to compare to the one I took 2 days after starting the diet. I can't believe the difference!!

Last edited by JodiM; 09-09-2011 at 12:22 PM.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #39  
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

What a difference jodiM!! Beautiful cheekbones!! Great job and keep it up!!
soccermom9799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #40  
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Wuv, you look marvelous!!! I always look forward to your picture updates
soccermom9799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #41  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh my gosh , Jodi!!! You are so cute. It's fun seeing the people we are talking too. Great job!

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #42  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning everyone! Welcome to all the new IP'ers and congratulations to everyone on your great losses and NSV over the past month. I have been absent from here for the month due to my father-in-law being sick and then his funeral.
I have missed reading a lot of the posts, but have been trying to catch up the last few days with the most recent. I get so much help and ideas from the posts, it is so great to be in the IP family.
I have tried a lot of other programs, and have never had the success with them that I have had with IP. I finally made it to onederland, and my DH has moved into phase 2, and he will soon will be going to phase 3. I went and had some blood work done and was so pleased my cholesterol has dropped over 3 points, it is now well below the number needed to be good. Also my Dr. gave his approval on the IP program and the way it works.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Last edited by grannyto2bear; 09-09-2011 at 03:20 PM.
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
I don't wear makeup that often, and since I had to today I took a picture to compare to the one I took 2 days after starting the diet. I can't believe the difference!!
WOW big change! Good for you!! I love it when I look in the mirror now and can see a change.
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilivonshtupp View Post
NavyMommy, as long as you're not adding anything to your water except carbonation, you could drink it all day long and be just fine. And if your coach didn't give you the "How Your Body May Initially Respond" overview, here it is...nausea is a pretty common symptom in the first few days, but it goes away, so hang in there!
Thanks so much! I did get that form, so I knew it was to be expected, but still no fun. I wound up taking a nice long nap and I'm feeling better and ready for lunch now.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #45  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
WOW big change! Good for you!! I love it when I look in the mirror now and can see a change.
I know me too!! I had completely forgotten I have my mom's chin....how do you forget that kind of thing? LOL I looked in the mirror one day and there it was, weird.

Congrats Wuv, you look gawgeous!!!
Congrats to you too JodiM!!
Daaaamn, we a foxy bunch of ladies!!
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote