Old 09-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #16  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I need advice. Our biggest business associates flew in from Norway last night and we have to take them to dinner tonight. We live in a small town and have already made reservations for the local "nice" restaurant to make Prime Rib and he is serving potatoes with a noodle dish for the side.
I know the owner so I am going to talk to him and see if he has other sides we can choose from for me. I know he does a awesome asparagus so that's what I'm going to ask for... but I am not sure if prime rib is allowed.

Also, are there any types of alcohol that are allowed?? They are big drinkers and expect us to drink with them.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #17  

I'm kinda torn today. I've had a bit of "gastrointestinal upset" shall we say since yesterday but I'm now down 5 lbs from my WI Tuesday afternoon. I'm home and don't plan on going very far so it's not much of an issue that way but at the same time I don't want to lose too much that way either. I'll maybe see if it straightens itself out today but I am liking the #'s LOL
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #18  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
Ok, I need advice. Our biggest business associates flew in from Norway last night and we have to take them to dinner tonight. We live in a small town and have already made reservations for the local "nice" restaurant to make Prime Rib and he is serving potatoes with a noodle dish for the side.
I know the owner so I am going to talk to him and see if he has other sides we can choose from for me. I know he does a awesome asparagus so that's what I'm going to ask for... but I am not sure if prime rib is allowed.

Also, are there any types of alcohol that are allowed?? They are big drinkers and expect us to drink with them.
Jodi,

Prime Rib is perfect as long as there is no sauce or gravy. Asparagus is also a great choice (again, no butter or sauce).

Why do people expect us to eat and drink to please them? I just lie!! Tell them you have a gluten allergy and you don't like potatoes. Tell them you are on a medication that doesn't mix with alcohol. You don't have to eat to close a deal!!

Have fun.
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #19  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone, I FINALLY got a full nights sleep and didn't wake up until my alarm went off this morning so I think its going to be a GREAT day! I took my Sept picture, keeping the monthly thing going. I am going to my mom's for the weekend, we are going shopping in Lafayette tomorrow for some things I can't get here. Last time we stayed gone all day Saturday shopping and I think its going to be another one of those day, which I totally enjoy because I don't get to see and do things with her as much as I would want too. I will be checking in when I am there.

I hope everyone in TX stays safe from these fires. Watkat, especially you since one is getting close to you.

Have a great day!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Today is day 3 OP for me. I'm a daily weigher (for now) and this morning I was down another .6, making it 2.6 lbs so far Once I break 195 that's going to be a huge milestone because that's the lowest I ever got after having my son.

I have to say sometimes this diet seems to 'easy' to work as well as it seems to. I'm not obsessing about food all day which is a WONDERFUL change! In past diets I'm always trying to track calories and points and I literally spend all day on the computer adjusting what I'm eating. It's nuts!!

My one issue is that this morning I've been feeling very nauseous and having trouble getting my water (which I typically love) in. Is it alright to drink carbonated water? I have one of those carbonation machines and it always settles my stomach but I don't want to mess up my progress.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #21  

Angry Hello

Hi everyone, I'm new to the IP diet, only two weeks.

5'6" - Start weight 175#.

W1 lost 6 lb - 11 inches
W2 lost 7 lb - 4.65 inches

Couple questions. My doctor allowed me to wean down my caffeine, one a day diet Coke for the first week, one every other day the second week.
THe first week I only had one diet coke all week. The second week, well I had a few more.

This week I have had a couple. I realize Diet Coke is not good for you but it's just that craving that I have to have. I don't mind the food, I follow the protocol otherwise very well and I'm still continuing to lose. This week I have a feeling it wont be as good just because I can't expect that every week you can't lose that much weight and I am also approaching my period. I will also be weighing in at the end of the day instead of the mornings from now on; which I always seem to weigh more later in the day.

Any support would be greatly appreciated. I am going to put my scale away at home because I get frustrated. My weight fluctuated yesterday about four lbs from morning to night and now back to morning again.
kostless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 229/187/185

Height: 5' 11"

Default What a ride it has been!

Good morning all,

I did an early morning (at home) weigh-in, and clock in at 195.3 lbs. As a researcher I know better than to immediately conclude that my recent treadmill sessions directly correlate to the recent weight loss, but I am encouraged! After reviewing my journals it seems I experience significant losses post treadmill sessions; nothing obsessive, just 30 minutes or so. Also, I had to laugh at myself yesterday: we had our WI at the clinic, and I weighed in at 200 lbs. On the way home I purchased a new scale from Target. As soon as we got home I weighed myself, and there was a two pound difference. Pulled out the old scale, same result. The difference? At home I WI uh sans uh clothing, and my clothes were averaging about 2.0 lbs! I actually placed my clothes on the scale to check this. I reviewed all of my previous clinic and at-home interim WIs, and sure enough there was an approximate 2 lbs difference each time. My wife weighed in at home and there was virtually no difference. Why? Because she is a physician and weighs in wearing scrubs each time! After that she made a great suggestion, "Wear scrubs to the weigh-in!" Yes, it was a good day! Treadmill tonight. I set up my "cheapie" DVD player to my treadmill a few days ago, but need to pick some action DVD for tonight's session. Sometimes I do my cardio solo, and sometimes we switch out between the treadmill or exercycle.

Everyone have a great weekend!
baldchocnsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 229/187/185

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning everyone, I FINALLY got a full nights sleep and didn't wake up until my alarm went off this morning so I think its going to be a GREAT day! I took my Sept picture, keeping the monthly thing going. I am going to my mom's for the weekend, we are going shopping in Lafayette tomorrow for some things I can't get here. Last time we stayed gone all day Saturday shopping and I think its going to be another one of those day, which I totally enjoy because I don't get to see and do things with her as much as I would want too. I will be checking in when I am there.

I hope everyone in TX stays safe from these fires. Watkat, especially you since one is getting close to you.

Have a great day!
OK clearly I need some Lunesta! I continue to wake up at 3 am every morning. This has got to stop!
baldchocnsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #24  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Wuv, you look amazing. Love the pic.

I am struggling - not during the day, everything is fine with IP during the day. Still no cravings or hunger. but I have been having a really bad time with restless legs and insomnia and when that happens I start to graze. I havent' gone way overboard but I think all the bits and pieces are going to slow my weight loss.

I have been intending to work out in the mornings and every night I set out all my stuff ready to jump out of bed and head to the gym. and every morning after a horrible night, I sleep late and struggle out of bed.

I have signed up for a saturday morning pilates class though. I think I mentioned that my friends son, when he came back from Afghanistan, had physical and mental issues. He had to have surgery on his legs and now he's having therapy. Part of his therapy is pilates. He is a very stocky muscular square build but the piliates has completely changed his body - now he looks leaner and more v-shaped. So I thought I would give it a try. Going to take reformer classes.

Think I'll have an omelet for lunch. Had the blueberry/pom drink for breakfast. I'm always so surprised that a simple drink keeps me satisfied.

Have a great day all.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #25  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostless View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to the IP diet, only two weeks.

5'6" - Start weight 175#.

W1 lost 6 lb - 11 inches
W2 lost 7 lb - 4.65 inches

Couple questions. My doctor allowed me to wean down my caffeine, one a day diet Coke for the first week, one every other day the second week.
THe first week I only had one diet coke all week. The second week, well I had a few more.

This week I have had a couple. I realize Diet Coke is not good for you but it's just that craving that I have to have. I don't mind the food, I follow the protocol otherwise very well and I'm still continuing to lose. This week I have a feeling it wont be as good just because I can't expect that every week you can't lose that much weight and I am also approaching my period. I will also be weighing in at the end of the day instead of the mornings from now on; which I always seem to weigh more later in the day.

Any support would be greatly appreciated. I am going to put my scale away at home because I get frustrated. My weight fluctuated yesterday about four lbs from morning to night and now back to morning again.
Personally I don't think weaning off works. Just cut it out completely and suffer through the cravings. Believe it or not, they will go away - and surprisingly quickly. I also was a huge Diet Coke drinker. Now I have none. Get them out of your house so you can give in and pick one up in a weak moment.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Sorry all. Looks like I did screw it up. I should have called this *weekend chat* So please use this through Monday morning for chat I guess?
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #27  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I agree with Jackie, get the diet coke out of your house and always have water with you. I quiet cold turkey, and its well worth it!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 144/120/122

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
My one issue is that this morning I've been feeling very nauseous and having trouble getting my water (which I typically love) in. Is it alright to drink carbonated water? I have one of those carbonation machines and it always settles my stomach but I don't want to mess up my progress.
NavyMommy, as long as you're not adding anything to your water except carbonation, you could drink it all day long and be just fine. And if your coach didn't give you the "How Your Body May Initially Respond" overview, here it is...nausea is a pretty common symptom in the first few days, but it goes away, so hang in there!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf How Your Body May Initially Respond.pdf (88.6 KB, 10 views)
Lilivonshtupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #29  
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

So I finally had success getting a profile picture on here. I chose this one because it is a picture of me when I weighed 135 and went to Mexico. It was 2005 I think. Anyway, we're going again this November for my 40th birthday and I can't wait to be this weight again! It's the weight I feel the best at. I seem to swing up or down 20 pounds or so every couple of years but this year it got really out of control and became up 30+ pounds I am not a happy girl at that weight!! So I started IP July 21 and am down almost 20 already! I have about 13 pounds to go but without cheating and staying diligent I know I can make this happen!! I will complete this diet and phase out properly! I intent to maintain after this and not yo-yo anymore. I know what to do now! My one wish for turning 40 is to be FIT, FORTY, AND FABULOUS!! Cheesy, I know, but I think it will help me handle that number better!

One other resolution that I've even shared with friends is that this time when I hit 135 I will truly appreciate how great I look and be happy with it. I have self-image problems and when I am 135 I still feel like the fattest person on the beach! Ridiculous!! I've had enough! I told my friends so they can keep me accountable so when I'm acting like I still need to lose weight they can remind me to knock it off

Have a great OP day everyone! We can do this and IP is the way!!
soccermom9799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #30  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

wuv, you look amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Jodi,

Prime Rib is perfect as long as there is no sauce or gravy. Asparagus is also a great choice (again, no butter or sauce).

Why do people expect us to eat and drink to please them? I just lie!! Tell them you have a gluten allergy and you don't like potatoes. Tell them you are on a medication that doesn't mix with alcohol. You don't have to eat to close a deal!!

Have fun.
Thanks! I know, it is exasperating. Almost every business function we have they expect you to drink. I will drink, but maybe 3-4 times a year and only a glass or two. When it's a business function they expect 3+ drinks that night. I usually volunteer to be the DD but we hired a limo this time to chauffeur us around tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!

Today is day 3 OP for me. I'm a daily weigher (for now) and this morning I was down another .6, making it 2.6 lbs so far Once I break 195 that's going to be a huge milestone because that's the lowest I ever got after having my son.

I have to say sometimes this diet seems to 'easy' to work as well as it seems to. I'm not obsessing about food all day which is a WONDERFUL change! In past diets I'm always trying to track calories and points and I literally spend all day on the computer adjusting what I'm eating. It's nuts!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Can you have Crystal Light packets? I know my coach said they are ok to add to your water, that might help make the water more palatable.

Last edited by JodiM; 09-09-2011 at 11:36 AM.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote