Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #436  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Yes Pixlkitty - what did you have?

I think you can keep your passport pic until it expires and get a new one then. Mine doesn't look like me, but then it didn't look like me 90 lbs ago either... (at least to me)
Old 10-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #437  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
When you are in your food diary, click "add item" then search. Search for "ideal protein breakfast". I don't know what it looks like to others, becauase they are saved under my favorites... Also, think of them more like meals (combinations of existing foods) rather than recipes. I haven't created any recipes yet...

It's probably easiest if you join my buddy list over there and then you can see my food diary and copy directly from there and make them a favorite for you too.
Pxlkitty4 - I'm going to request to be your "buddy" there if that's okay - my name there is TLVancouver (BCGirl was taken . I hope others don't mind if I request them too!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

It's weird, now that I can have my phase 3 breakfast - I've had the same one for 5 days . Part of it is that it is SO yummy, but also I'm nervous to try new things for fear of mucking things up... I've never had to think this much about food, in a way Phase 1/2 was more comfortable.

I added it to my fatsecret meals (just joined there as "TLVancouver") and am looking forward to sharing ideas and joining upcoming challenges.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #439  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Breakfast - eggs, bacon, croissant with french strawberry jam and butter (really good croissant, really good jam)
Lunch was boring - salami and cheese bagel thin sandwich (missed sandwiches with cheese)
Dinner - I split a pepperoni/sausage calzone with my husband (ate less than half) and half a tomato, basil, mozzarella sandwich (I had to leave some of the bread, though). Had some of the french fries that came with it, then ate two mini canoli for dessert. The BEST thing, though, was dark chocolate with my decaf coffee after dinner.
Snack - cheese and crackers.

I know that I overestimated in my food diary, but I just picked the biggest calorie count for "calzone" and went for it, biggest calorie count for TBM sandwich, etc., and logged a whole serving of fries.

So, this is a worst case scenario, but it was a day with over 3000 calories. Holy cow how things add up...

On an interesting note, there were things that I thought about eating, but didn't have them in the house and couldn't be bothered going to get them. So, in the end, I have a few new rules about the cheat day.

On the cheat day itself:
- grocery shopping can include 1-2 items only that are "cheat" foods
- everything must be in a single serve bag or a small portion (e.g., I bought a tiny chocolate bar so that I could eat the whole thing). I bought a club soda and baked tortilla chips, but then left the store because it was overwhelming to me to think about what i could eat that day.
- meals can be eaten out, delivery, or take out, but no keeping leftovers

Day after cheat day:
- get anything that was part of the cheat day out of the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
Pxlkitty4 - I'm going to request to be your "buddy" there if that's okay - my name there is TLVancouver (BCGirl was taken . I hope others don't mind if I request them too!
Hi. I will accept your friend request now... Sorry for the message over there. Just making sure I know you first!!

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 10-17-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #440  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
It's weird, now that I can have my phase 3 breakfast - I've had the same one for 5 days . Part of it is that it is SO yummy, but also I'm nervous to try new things for fear of mucking things up... I've never had to think this much about food, in a way Phase 1/2 was more comfortable.

I added it to my fatsecret meals (just joined there as "TLVancouver") and am looking forward to sharing ideas and joining upcoming challenges.
I just sent a buddy request to you on Fatsecret. Same name as here.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Thank you for the responses about the red sauce. Today is my last day of Phase 3 so I guess tomorrow is it. Today I go grocery shopping and boy its feeling complicated. Much more effort into planning and list making. If anyone would share what they snack on for their 3 snacks that would be great. I am needing some ideas but right now planning on: between breakfast and lunch = a rtd of some sort, between lunch and dinner = a hard boiled egg or babybel cheese wedge, after supper = an IP packet of my choice. Just think I need some more variety and less dependance on IP foods. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
I ran into my coach today. She said she just had a training recently and asked them my question about how many grams of carbs at lunch and fat at dinner. They said not to worry about that. The main things are: (1) eat three meals and three snacks per day; and (2) keep fats and carbs separated. Maybe I'm making things too complicated. I'm going to experiment this week.
I want numbers too! Just makes me feel like I'm in control when I know I've kept the numbers where they should be, but I know it doesn't work like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Breakfast - eggs, bacon, croissant with french strawberry jam and butter (really good croissant, really good jam)
Lunch was boring - salami and cheese bagel thin sandwich (missed sandwiches with cheese)
Dinner - I split a pepperoni/sausage calzone with my husband (ate less than half) and half a tomato, basil, mozzarella sandwich (I had to leave some of the bread, though). Had some of the french fries that came with it, then ate two mini canoli for dessert. The BEST thing, though, was dark chocolate with my decaf coffee after dinner.
Snack - cheese and crackers.

I know that I overestimated in my food diary, but I just picked the biggest calorie count for "calzone" and went for it, biggest calorie count for TBM sandwich, etc., and logged a whole serving of fries.

So, this is a worst case scenario, but it was a day with over 3000 calories. Holy cow how things add up...

On an interesting note, there were things that I thought about eating, but didn't have them in the house and couldn't be bothered going to get them. So, in the end, I have a few new rules about the cheat day.

On the cheat day itself:
- everything must be in a single serve bag or a small portion (e.g., I bought a tiny chocolate bar so that I could eat the whole thing). I bought a club soda and baked tortilla chips, but then left the store because it was overwhelming to me to think about what i could eat that day.

Day after cheat day:

Hi. I will accept your friend request now... Sorry for the message over there. Just making sure I know you first!!
I think that is a great idea about not keeping leftovers or keeping the cheat foods in the house. I think I will try to do the same and only by the single servings of the junk that day.

On another note I was actually considering not doing tracking on the cheat days. Do you think that would be a bad idea?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #442  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone checking in. So I have been on maintence almost 20 weeks (minus the 2 weeks I tried to lose more weight and went to phase 1). I weigh less than when I started at the end of May. But my maintenance get loosier and goosier every week. So I am doing phase 1 today...and then 3 days of phase 2 to snap myself out of it.....before I gain any weight. HOpe everyone is well.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #443  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Wildflower or Karen: have you tried the Miracle noodles or the shirtaki noodles? I have been curious about them.
Maile,

No, I haven't. I'm in phase 4 now, so I'm eating whole wheat pasta these days. I've heard many people say they are great, though.

Karen
Old 10-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #444  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
I ran into my coach today. She said she just had a training recently and asked them my question about how many grams of carbs at lunch and fat at dinner. They said not to worry about that. The main things are: (1) eat three meals and three snacks per day; and (2) keep fats and carbs separated. Maybe I'm making things too complicated. I'm going to experiment this week.
My coach told me to eat 3 meals and maybe one snack mid-afternoon or at bedtime if I was hungry. I'm keeping the total calorie count down to between 1600 and 1800, so my meals are pretty good-sized . What has everyone else been told?

Karen
Old 10-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #445  

[QUOTE=Pxlkitty4;4074241]

On the cheat day itself:

Day after cheat day:

Pxlkitty,

I will have my first "free" day this weekend. (My coach wouldn't let me have one until I was stable at my goal weight for 2 weeks.) I like your idea of factoring in some structure to what could become a very unstructured day of eating. I plan to shop for "free" day foods on the "free" day, not before. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll be tempted to eat those foods on more than one day in a row. I like your rule about getting the contraband out of the house after "free" day is done. No reason to tempt ourselves the next day, right? I think it will be good for me to write down in the journal what I plan to eat, too.

Hey, are you using IP products or other low carb foods on your phase 1 day?

Karen
Old 10-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #446  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfromtexas View Post
Hey, are you using IP products or other low carb foods on your phase 1 day?
This is my first Penance Day (as I'm going to call the day after Cheat Day).

I'm basically doing Phase 2 with IP food. I had crispy cereal for breakfast and plan to have a chocolate RTD after dinner for my snack. I did eat greek yogurt this morning with my breakfast, as I've really gotten into yogurt and the carbs are really low.

I really didn't feel like having an IP product for lunch, because I want to figure this out without always having to go back and buy their food. So, phase 2 for me... I will see what the scale says tomorrow and the day after.

In general, though, I am thinking of the following for the Penance Day.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and greek yogurt. I don't want to give up the dairy and this has the same stats as many of the IP products when it comes to carbs/protein.

Lunch: salad with protein, small amount real dressing, no cheese or additional fats.

Dinner: same as Phase 1... Lean protein and low-carb veggies.

Snack: RTD shake or similar protein snack.

I'm just now figuring this all out, so don't quote me on any of it. I will have to tweak if I see the scale inching up, but I'm hoping to get something worked out.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 10-17-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #447  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
On another note I was actually considering not doing tracking on the cheat days. Do you think that would be a bad idea?
Totally up to you. Do what works. I wanted to see what the numbers looked like after all the damage was done. I probably overestimated, but for me writing things down is going to help me figure things out.

I plan to journal for one month solidly so that I have data to look back at. I also weigh myself every few days and log it in. It keeps me honest. If I am successful after a month, I might try backing off some of the discipline. Honestly, though, the fatsecret thing is easy, and I have it on my blackberry so it goes everywhere with me. I can even look up items when I am thinking about ordering something out. It's made me change my order a few times already!!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #448  

Height: 5'4"

Can you experienced people tell me the best rules to keeping fats and carbs seperate? I don't know if I'm thinking into it too much but it seems like a chore. I'm inching closer to goal so I'm thinking more and more about the phases to come and freaking out a little more each day. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Can you experienced people tell me the best rules to keeping fats and carbs seperate? I don't know if I'm thinking into it too much but it seems like a chore. I'm inching closer to goal so I'm thinking more and more about the phases to come and freaking out a little more each day. Thanks!
I'm still learning! It helps to track my foods on a program that breaks down the foods by carbs, fats, proteins, fiber. That way, I can look and tweak my meals to make them conform to maintenance. I'm finding my lunches are a bit too carb heavy and my dinner, a bit too much fat. It's a foreign way of thinking and it is a learning curve. Including 3 snacks is eluding me, too. It's a conscious effort to remember them.

Look at you! A 4 lb loss last WI. That's terrific. You'll be here before you know it.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

pxlkitty- glad to hear your first cheat day went well... and you even tracked it! I would be very scared to track my cheat day I've always thought of the following day as my 'penance' as well- had to smile at that one.
My cheat day this week was on Saturday- my eldest daughter's birthday celebration in the afternoon and a date with my husband in the evening. Proud to say this cheat day was one where I finally reined myself in a bit and didn't even feel deprived! Baby steps
darbs- I did something similar last week- hadn't seen my 'low' in a few weeks and decided to Phase 1/2 it until it popped up again. Took a few days but it showed up... it helps with the mental aspect of maintenance as well just because it is so regimented and when you go back to Phase 4 it feels heavenly and something to be appreciated rather than a 'burden'.
wildflower- congrats on Phase 4! My snacks have included: IP bar, IP shake, apple, hummus w/ veggies or from a pack with crackers, wholesome muffin. Typically I use the shake as creamer for my coffee and have one other snack usually in the late afternoon. Tomorrow I'd really like to try a recipe I found for roasted chickpeas... they're supposed to get super crunchy and they're seasoned- so here's hoping that they'll turn out something akin to a corn nut!
maile- how was the WI???

I was reading a thread from the maintainers in the general 3fc from way back in the day. And it said that everyone is a maintainer from the moment they lose one pound. And maintain it's loss. That we need to treasure each pound rather than looking at it from an all or nothing mentality. Can't help but remember how frustrating it was being at 199 and trying so hard not to 'go over'. Leaves me feeling thankful that I'm fighting to stay at 140 rather than fighting not to go over 200. A huge thank you to IP and to all of you- who enabled me to enjoy the ride
Closed Thread