Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #496  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I am smiling about the small kitchen..I am seriously wondering where I am going to put all of these large bottles when then arrive. I will look for the drops.
Thanks for the info on the fats..I will count them.
I have a big kithchen, but still they are big bottles. So, the day I got them I hatd them all out on one of the countertops and hubby comes in and says "you didn't mention opening a Barista honey!" lol. They syrups are great in pudding cakes too.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #497  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Wildflower..I think you are right..setting a goal end. I am mentally ready to move on and learn what Phase 3 needs to do! Somehow I missed the Chai tea syrup..but that sounds wonderful. I have to measure the amounts of syrup..I have not had any side effects..but realize that they are artificially sweetened so should be used in small doses.

Pauley..Thanks for the support. Good for you maintaining your weight so far. I agree totally with you..this is going to be a lifelong plan of exercise, tracking, and keeping healthy eating habbits.
It was much easier on Phase 1 with the structure. I would just keep telling yourself that you have Phase 1 to fall back on after your cheat day..Your bd sounds perfect.

Bellamack..I fear that will be my husband's reaction also! My daughter works at Peets' coffee and she should appreciate them. Good idea on the Chocolate Mac..I am currently drinking Chocolate Mac coffee from Hawaii!

I do not know if anyone has tried turkey pepperoni..but it is 70 calories..4 grams of fat and 0 carbs for 17 pieces...This is the equivalent to one egg. They are very good..I use them on a 1 egg cauliflower pizza crust..My coach said they were legal. Of course they are high in salt and processed..but a once in awhile treat.

Last edited by Maile; 10-20-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

woolberger- trust me it's a lot easier with your tracks!
maile- the end is nigh!! You must be so excited, heck I'm excited for you, can't imagine how you must feel with your weight loss journey about to take the turn into weight maintenance...
Pauley- it is a confusing and difficult adjustment graduating to Phase 4. Very similar to growing up... as children we have our parents outline structure, guidelines & rules... as young adults we start to make our own decisions but feel the loss of have everything set out for us while still enjoying our newfound freedom... take those freedoms too far and you'll end up somewhere you don't want to be... don't enjoy the freedoms at all and you'll be miserable... take the principles from childhood apply them to adulthood and you'll be alright... The tracking, exercise, 5 days of vigilance 1 of outright freedom, 1 of penance. Eat your vegetables & proteins because once you get those in you barely have enough room for anything else
The maintenance challenge has been a great help in this aspect because it has kept me honest in regards to exercise & tracking especially...
Speaking of which...
pxlkitty can we create a new one after Halloween to help get us over the holiday hump? Not sure if you're decided as to whether you're going to hit up phase 1 again during that time or not...
Old 10-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I have a big kithchen, but still they are big bottles. So, the day I got them I hatd them all out on one of the countertops and hubby comes in and says "you didn't mention opening a Barista honey!" lol. They syrups are great in pudding cakes too.
haha this makes me laugh because the size of the box that UPS brought had my hubby wondering what the heck I bought. Considering I had ordered the DaVinci products and some WF products it was a big box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Wildflower..I think you are right..setting a goal end. I am mentally ready to move on and learn what Phase 3 needs to do! Somehow I missed the Chai tea syrup..but that sounds wonderful. I have to measure the amounts of syrup..I have not had any side effects..but realize that they are artificially sweetened so should be used in small doses.

Pauley..Thanks for the support. Good for you maintaining your weight so far. I agree totally with you..this is going to be a lifelong plan of exercise, tracking, and keeping healthy eating habbits.
It was much easier on Phase 1 with the structure. I would just keep telling yourself that you have Phase 1 to fall back on after your cheat day..Your bd sounds perfect.

Bellamack..I fear that will be my husband's reaction also! My daughter works at Peets' coffee and she should appreciate them. Good idea on the Chocolate Mac..I am currently drinking Chocolate Mac coffee from Hawaii!

I do not know if anyone has tried turkey pepperoni..but it is 70 calories..4 grams of fat and 0 carbs for 17 pieces...This is the equivalent to one egg. They are very good..I use them on a 1 egg cauliflower pizza crust..My coach said they were legal. Of course they are high in salt and processed..but a once in awhile treat.
Turkey pepperoni! I want that! but I can't seem to find any? Can I ponder as to where in your grocery store it was located and what brand? I am going to try to have a pizza for supper one night and would maybe use this. If I can find a fat free shredded cheese that will work -although I know it may not be 100% complex carbs in my pizza crust /:
Old 10-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #500  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
So I have to say, today is a bit of a milestone for me. Exactly 1 year ago today, I walked into my clinic, attended the information session on Ideal Protein and signed up. I was so excited, I hadn't eaten yet so I could start that day. I remember the DC's last words were "No Cheating". I drove home committed but of course I'd been down that road before. I remember saying to myself "I wonder how I'll feel 1 week from today?". So 1 week later I weighed 5 lbs less and again I drove home thinking, "How will I feel 1 week from today"?.
So here I am, 1 YEAR later. How do I feel? GREAT!!! I can't believe how this has changed my life. I weigh 50 lbs less today than 1 year ago. I go to Pilates 3-4 times/week. My tastes have changed and eating well is a habit. I feel better about myself and younger than I did. And I have all of you to thank for keeping me focused and engaged. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I truly believe this has been a life saving change for me and I look forward to continuing our friendships.
Lynn
Congrat Lynn what a wonderful story, I hope I will be able to say that in a years time. We will surely keep up the maintainace thread as this has been very helpful.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #501  

woolberger - I remember feeling the same way you describe, I hadn't eaten yet on the day I decided to start (my mom was doing it and was trying to convince me to do it too) and was so glad I could start right away!! Congrats on your anniversary and on maintaining still!

Maile - follow up, I am going to try Canadian Bacon!! 1.5 fat grams in 5 BIG slices, I probably only need 2 slices max to cover my pizza slices.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #502  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
pxlkitty can we create a new one after Halloween to help get us over the holiday hump? Not sure if you're decided as to whether you're going to hit up phase 1 again during that time or not...
Yes, let's discuss what mini challenges everyone is interested and I will make a few people admins so that others can edit.

I have not decided re: the last ten pounds. I am going to see what happens with pilates, which I am upping to three days each week.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 10-20-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #503  

Hello, I was just wondering how many of you had tummy aches on your first free day? Or what your experience was like with how your body reacted to such a big change? Thanks! Kind of scared, don't want to get sick as it will be a Date Night with hubby, the first in a while since baby!

2 days to go!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #504  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I am in ny today so it's not my official scale, but I just saw 144.6! That makes it the first time I've seen below my goal weight since being in maintenance. I have my second cheat/fun day tomorrow and need to decide what I'm going to do this week that's special. I think I will bake cupcakes with my son and actually eat one. This will be the first taste of a homemade treat in almost 8 months! I have my cooking club, and I was assigned dessert, and I am taking a stout gingerbread cake. So, baking it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Hello, I was just wondering how many of you had tummy aches on your first free day? Or what your experience was like with how your body reacted to such a big change? Thanks! Kind of scared, don't want to get sick as it will be a Date Night with hubby, the first in a while since baby!
have fun on date night. It's important to get away from the baby. One rule, though. Can't talk about kids or parenting. Try it! It's so hard.

My tummy gurgled and made tons of noise. It didn't hurt, but I also didn't overload too much on sugar. I went more for starchy things. When Ive had sugar at night my stomach hurts. I think I'm going to stay away from it in general except for occassionally.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 10-21-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #505  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Just did my 2-week weigh-in....exactly the same weight as 2-weeks ago to the 10th....and honestly I take most of the weekends off. But I am super good during the week.

Anyone else notice this.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #506  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
haha this makes me laugh because the size of the box that UPS brought had my hubby wondering what the heck I bought. Considering I had ordered the DaVinci products and some WF products it was a big box!

Turkey pepperoni! I want that! but I can't seem to find any? Can I ponder as to where in your grocery store it was located and what brand? I am going to try to have a pizza for supper one night and would maybe use this. If I can find a fat free shredded cheese that will work -although I know it may not be 100% complex carbs in my pizza crust /:
Look in the section near the bacon. I bought it from a local store..but somewhere I thought I remembered that it was sold at Walmart..not sure about Safeway. It really does taste like the real thing.
Canadian bacon is also good.

I am expecting a big box in the mail also. It might take me a year to drink those bottles..but I will enjoy each one.
Have fun on your date night!

Last edited by Maile; 10-21-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #507  
Maile

Darbs..That is very encouraging that you are the same weight for two weeks. Congratualations. You seem to have figured out how to maintain.

PixleKitty..Hope you are enjoying NYC, That is very good news about breaking below your goal weight while on a trip.

Capricious: Yes, I am excited about reaching maintenance..when I am not worrying about it.LOL. Seriously, yesterday I was given an old staff picture from a year ago..It was awful. My reaction was Never Never again will I look like that. I will stay healthy and will learn how to maintain.
I would like to do a new spreadsheet also. Hope your week is going well.
I found your idea about cooking interesting as a way of dealing with cravings..It might work to keep focused and busy.The bizarre thing is that a craving will go away.It is not real..You do not have to do it..but your mind is telling you that you need it.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #508  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
have fun on date night. It's important to get away from the baby. One rule, though. Can't talk about kids or parenting. Try it! It's so hard.
ha yeah right!!
Old 10-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #509  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

I'm one week in with phase 3, so next weekend I'm on maintenance. How long on phase 4 before you all took your first fun day?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #510  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

I just saw that turkey pepperoni at Fred Meyer. It was in the hot dog and bacon section, certianly an area we aren't used to shopping in! So now that we're on maintenance, we could have a pizza for dinner if it was whole wheat crust, FF cheese, turkey pepperoni and veggies? Pizza hasn't crossed my lips in so long that I'm salivating at the very thought!

I haven't gained anything since leaving phase 1, which is good but I haven't lost either. I have MPF set to continue to lose 1# per week and I've taken up jogging. It feels good to have enough calories to exercise again!
Closed Thread