Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Thank you linden, pxlkitty & maile for all of the suggestions! I'm thinking rhubarb sauce with mushroom soup and the twice roasted cauliflower will be perfect!
Congrats pxlkitty on maintenance!! and thank you for being such a veritable font of information it is much appreciated! Love the links back and GI info especially...
A big congrats to you as well, Maile on having come such a long way and being so very very close to goal! I didn't gain weight in Phase 3 but I was careful to keep the calorie count down as much as possible. woolberger is definitely correct though- any unwanted pounds can be dealt with rather efficiently by going back to Phase 1 for a few days once you're in maintenance...
Old 10-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #302  
Maintaining since 11/8/11

S/C/G: 170/141.5/140

Height: 5'7"

I am headed towards phase 2 and like to read this thread in anticipation of the phases to come. My husband cleaned out his bookshelf and unearthed a book I plan on using a lot in maintenance. It's called [U]Lose Weight the Smart Low-Carb Way[U] by Bettina Newman and David Joachim. All of the recipes prominently display the calorie and carb count and they sound delicious!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #303  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Well I had my wi tonight... coach doesn't know what is up... so after being on phase 1 for a week am going back to phase 2 for 10 days at least... the other big change... no extra anything... nothing with splenda other than IP packets. So no salad dressings, no water enhancers, no flavor in my teas and coffees... do I sound bummed? I think I really am. I was so close to the 140s and now I am back to mid 150s. So coach wants to see at least a 5 lb weight loss by the 17th (my next weigh in) and if that doesn't happening she is going to the head trainer to see if he has any ideas. I know it is going to be tough for me not to have any added stuff, so I am preparing myself to have a hard week... good thing I will be home for most of it. Well off to bed have to get up early for a dog trial tomorrow. Have a great night all, and you are all so encouraging I just love being able to read about your successes.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #304  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
do I sound bummed? I think I really am. I was so close to the 140s and now I am back to mid 150s.
2RIDE - I am so sorry. You must be so incredibly frustrated by this... I'm scratching my head and trying to figure out what might be going on here. I know that you walk a lot with your dogs, so I have a crazy theory that you might not be eating enough...

When you put your food in on the tracker on fatsecret, how many calories are you eating in a day? I took a peak, and have to wonder if you are logging all your food because the numbers are really low??

One suggestion (not sure that it would work but might be worth trying) is to have one higher calorie day to kick-start your body back into losses. I wouldn't go crazy and have carbs or anything, but it might work if you increased your calories by eating more protein, vegetables, and adding an extra IP packet. Can't hurt to see if your body has entered starvation mode??

Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #305  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Well I had my wi tonight... coach doesn't know what is up... so after being on phase 1 for a week am going back to phase 2 for 10 days at least... the other big change... no extra anything... nothing with splenda other than IP packets. So no salad dressings, no water enhancers, no flavor in my teas and coffees... do I sound bummed? I think I really am. I was so close to the 140s and now I am back to mid 150s. So coach wants to see at least a 5 lb weight loss by the 17th (my next weigh in) and if that doesn't happening she is going to the head trainer to see if he has any ideas. I know it is going to be tough for me not to have any added stuff, so I am preparing myself to have a hard week... good thing I will be home for most of it. Well off to bed have to get up early for a dog trial tomorrow. Have a great night all, and you are all so encouraging I just love being able to read about your successes.
2riderollaercoaster. That sounds like a very difficult week for you. I wish I could think of some way to kick start your loss. You are incredibly strong to keep your motivation going while being frustrated. You are an inspiration for all of us! Hang in there..You have got to start losing!!!!!
I am glad you have a dog trial today so you are doing something you enjoy.
Can you add lots of spices to make up for the loss of other things?
Maybe drinking some of your Chocolate Chai Tea would help.
Good luck today.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #306  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions. It helps me so much to deal with my fears, reading all of your posts.
I realized yesterday that I am really not used to this body of mine at this weight. I do not feel it is mine..Yes, I am slightly crazy. I do not trust that it will stay at this weight and as I said..I fear changing and adding carbs will bring it all back.
However, I have decided that this is a learning process. I am determined to learn what it takes to maintain this weight. If I look at the next step as learning and realize if I do go up, there are steps to take such as Phase 1 again, then I can feel in control.
Thanks for letting me talk about this.

Woolberger..I like your idea of a cut off weight. I initially thought 142 was it for me..but now am thinking that it will be my cut off and I will go to 140 for a safety margin.
Capricious: Thanks for the idea of keeping it as low calorie as possible..I am going to try to do this and going to try to keep it as low carb as possible.
PixelKitty: Your Low Glycemic info is so helpful. You are a wonderful resource.

Glad people want to try the twice baked cauliflower. My kids who do not like cauliflower will eat it!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #307  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

2Ride -- I can understand your frustration -- I can see this weight thing getting out of hand for me too. I never seem to quite recover from the "fun" day -- and I have come to the conclusion that carbs are not my friend at all in any way, shape or form.

Pxlkitty4 -- I so appreciate your post from the other day that had links to the Phase 4 review and protocol. I've received more advice and helpful hints here than from my coach and I am very grateful for information that is both helpful and inspiring. (For instance I did not know that you should have a bed-time snack -- maybe that is in the literature that my coach handed to me, but it got lost somewhere in translation). I also love, love, love Trader Joes's but it is 2 hours away from us (Ann Arbor)-- I love to go there; but, it isn't feasible except for special day trips. We were supposed to get one built 30 minutes away from us (there is a facebook page for "bring Trader Joe's to our city") but, I don't think that is going anywhere.

So, based on what I've read from those links, I am going back to Phase 1 and then onto Phase 3 after I'm back to my desired weight. Then to Phase 3 -- then seriously keep away from carbs. I don't think cutting the carbs out now will help since I am getting a middle tire again.

Many thanks to all who have addressed this issue in maintenance and offered good suggestions! I want to drop my coach like a bad habit, but I need the products from her to do Phase I again. I have not found substitutes for the puddings that don't have aspartame in them nor the soy patties nor the crispy cereal. I do have the soups, soy nuts, and pancakes from proti-thin and health smart.

Thanks for the rant too (and the inspiration)!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #308  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I realized yesterday that I am really not used to this body of mine at this weight. I do not feel it is mine..Yes, I am slightly crazy. I do not trust that it will stay at this weight and as I said..I fear changing and adding carbs will bring it all back.
However, I have decided that this is a learning process. I am determined to learn what it takes to maintain this weight.
Malie -- you are spot on! I totally understand about not accepting your new body and the fear of changing and adding carbs. We are all different though -- and it is a learning process.

Thanks to this The Maintainers thead -- I think we all might have a chance to succeed!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #309  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
sorry to hear about all your frustration. You have done so well, hang in there.Good luck with your week ahead. I was thinking about you this morning before logging on here, and agree with Pxlkitty4 about maybe not enough calories for you as you are active with your dogs a lot. My DH stalled out when he was in Phase1 for 3 weeks,decided to try phase 2 and lost a bit, but when he went to phase 3 he made big losses. I had mentioned to him I thought maybe he needed more food, and when he got the extra food he lost. Also maybe your body is saying this is where it wants to be. Take care and wishing you a great week and hopefully you will soon find some answers.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #310  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
2RIDE - I am so sorry. You must be so incredibly frustrated by this... I'm scratching my head and trying to figure out what might be going on here. I know that you walk a lot with your dogs, so I have a crazy theory that you might not be eating enough...

When you put your food in on the tracker on fatsecret, how many calories are you eating in a day? I took a peak, and have to wonder if you are logging all your food because the numbers are really low??

One suggestion (not sure that it would work but might be worth trying) is to have one higher calorie day to kick-start your body back into losses. I wouldn't go crazy and have carbs or anything, but it might work if you increased your calories by eating more protein, vegetables, and adding an extra IP packet. Can't hurt to see if your body has entered starvation mode??

Just my 2 cents.
I sometimes wonder if I am eating too much vegetables... ( I stopped measuring by 4th month) Tonight I measured and roasted about 4 cups only ate 1/2 so I am hoping this helps. It is really hard to say as I think I eat basically the same thing each week and for it to go up one week and down the next is just weird. We thought maybe phase 2 helped but then it happened in phase 2 as well, so then last 4 days (not a whole week) I lost.6 so I am now thinking that the next 10 days will be my gain and lose week. I am going to follow what my coach said and have cut out every extra thing. and am going to log everything that goes in my mouth... My friend's little boy gave me one of his prized cheesies today, I had to tell him I was so full I couldn't eat it... hurt his feelings but gave him more to eat so he was happy. So for today I had for breakfast, chocolate pudding/coffee smoothie, lunch was lettuce, cucumber, and mushrooms with Tuna. Supper was chicken/mushroom/onion cassarole with roasted veggies (chayota squash, zucchini, green onions, celery, cauliflower)and tonight chocolate soy puffs. and of course water, I always have 2 bottles of 64oz cold water. and of course my chocolatey chai tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
2riderollaercoaster. That sounds like a very difficult week for you. I wish I could think of some way to kick start your loss. You are incredibly strong to keep your motivation going while being frustrated. You are an inspiration for all of us! Hang in there..You have got to start losing!!!!!
I am glad you have a dog trial today so you are doing something you enjoy.
Can you add lots of spices to make up for the loss of other things?
Maybe drinking some of your Chocolate Chai Tea would help.
Good luck today.
I had a wonderful day playing with my dogs. Got some nice compliments, and I am finding I am running so much better with Rebel, we will have to resink again... I will be drinking lots of tea, had the chocolate chai for supper am just heading back upstairs to have a dark chocolate chai tea to have with my soy puffs...

Thank you both for your help... Pxlkitty I am going to log my food daily on fat secret let me know if you see anything... I vow to eat my 2 cups of veg and measure them for each meal and my 8 oz of protein...
Only you guys here know how I feel... Yes maybe my body is saying it is good at this weight but if that is the case... it said that 20 lbs ago and 10 lbs ago too... soo we won't give up... and even the head guy kind of said that he would like me to be 135 before I move on as I seem to gain in a blink of an eye.... so THAT is the reason I got fat... just kidding.. i think I am frustrated as no coach seems to have seen this before... I know I will get there just want it NOW.

Have a good night all
Old 10-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Loser View Post
2Ride -- I can understand your frustration -- I can see this weight thing getting out of hand for me too. I never seem to quite recover from the "fun" day -- and I have come to the conclusion that carbs are not my friend at all in any way, shape or form.

Pxlkitty4 -- I so appreciate your post from the other day that had links to the Phase 4 review and protocol. I've received more advice and helpful hints here than from my coach and I am very grateful for information that is both helpful and inspiring. (For instance I did not know that you should have a bed-time snack -- maybe that is in the literature that my coach handed to me, but it got lost somewhere in translation). I also love, love, love Trader Joes's but it is 2 hours away from us (Ann Arbor)-- I love to go there; but, it isn't feasible except for special day trips. We were supposed to get one built 30 minutes away from us (there is a facebook page for "bring Trader Joe's to our city") but, I don't think that is going anywhere.

So, based on what I've read from those links, I am going back to Phase 1 and then onto Phase 3 after I'm back to my desired weight. Then to Phase 3 -- then seriously keep away from carbs. I don't think cutting the carbs out now will help since I am getting a middle tire again.

Many thanks to all who have addressed this issue in maintenance and offered good suggestions! I want to drop my coach like a bad habit, but I need the products from her to do Phase I again. I have not found substitutes for the puddings that don't have aspartame in them nor the soy patties nor the crispy cereal. I do have the soups, soy nuts, and pancakes from proti-thin and health smart.

Thanks for the rant too (and the inspiration)!
Thanks Lone loser for all your comments. I relate on so many levels. Thanks also to PXLKITTY for the ph. 4 review. It was extremely helpful to me.

Now about that tire creeping back up on my middle as well. I am also having such a hard emotional time watching my body fill up with...I don't know what it is..water and fat mixed together? I may be eating too much fat in my diet if anyone wants to check on my fat diary food list. I also think I might have to go back on ph. 1 which I was trying to avoid, but to get this bloat and new fat back off my body along with these very stubborn 8 to 9 lbs that keep going back and forth but not down, I just might have to.

I will keep monitoring my calories and exercise until the Halloween challenge is over and re assess as to whether I will do a ph1 again and lose the middle, leg and upper arm thickness that has returned.

It is frustrating, but I do think the first year of maintainance, from what I'm reading on our forum is a year of discovery, ups and downs and just plain old figuring it out. I have total confidence that we'll all find our right way to maintain and I SOoooo appreciate all of you for sharing your experience, advice and support. You all Rock!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:24 AM   #312  

S/C/G: 229/187/185

Height: 5' 11"

Ok...four pounds until Phase II. It has been a good week, and a good day.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #313  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I will be drinking lots of tea, had the chocolate chai for supper am just heading back upstairs to have a dark chocolate chai tea to have with my soy puffs...
Would it help, do you think, not to have a restricted or high carb snack before bed? (I know I don't belong here, but I really love reading your posts and anticipating.)
Old 10-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #314  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Thank you both for your help... Pxlkitty I am going to log my food daily on fat secret let me know if you see anything... I vow to eat my 2 cups of veg and measure them for each meal and my 8 oz of protein...
Another thought after looking at your food diary... I see that you sometimes have the Ideal Protein Blueberry, Cranberry & Pomegranate Drink Mix for breakfast. It's my understanding that the Pom Drink and the Raspberry Jelly don't have the full set of amino acids that the other products do. I'd suggest swapping out that for something else at breakfast that has more of the complete proteins... Just a suggestion. I wouldn't want you to start your day with something that isn't a full protein product.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #315  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
So frustrating and perplexing for you. One thing I did notice is that your coach always seems to go the route of cutting back on things such as allowed veggies. You are much smaller and way more active than when you started as you noted in your comment about running better with your dog. I bet if you pay attention during the day you will find you are going everything with more energy.

In your place I'd also be scared to change anything too much as I am an instant gainer too. But I think I'd be tempted to do a week of phase one but taking the top ends of the amounts allowd and really getting in all the veggies but not worrying if you are over a bit on them.
Being so much lighter and more active your body may well need a steady fuel supply of good food, not less of everything that is allowed.
I notice you have a long commute too. I have an hour to an hour and a half depending where I am working that day. I live east of the city, Which direction do you go? An silver lining of my commute is never failing to be amazed by the hundresd of bison I see in the late afternoon to early evening. Always takes my breath away.

Anyway I really admire your determination to get to the bottom of what is causing such a strange loss/gain pattern. When you figure it out it will serve you well the rest of your live.

Help yourself to turkey this weekend!

Pat
Closed Thread