Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #46  

Height: 5'7'

I had the mushroom soup and an arugula, cucumber salad. The soup was soooo yummy. I had the tomato soup yesterday and had to choke it down. Ugh....anyone Have suggestions to doctor the tomato soup up?
Old 07-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
I had the mushroom soup and an arugula, cucumber salad. The soup was soooo yummy. I had the tomato soup yesterday and had to choke it down. Ugh....anyone Have suggestions to doctor the tomato soup up?
I posted a recipe yesterday for "Gazpacho" using the tomato soup, it is a cold soup, mixed the soup, added to Ninja mixer w/ 1.5 cups cucumber, 1/2 cup celery, cilantro, sea salt, can't remember what other spices if any, could add hot sauce to make spicy and like a V8. You eat/drink this COLD
Old 07-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #48  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Wow. Just read my last post That had tons of typos! I am using my Droid and the keyboard is not forgiving! Please excuse my lacks d skills
this is why my iPad signature says "Sent from my mobile gadget. Please excuse typos and brevity."
Old 07-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #49  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by droppingit View Post
I need some info. I love IP. I have lost quite a bit of weight in 3 weeks and I am really finding it easy to stick with the structure. Unfortunately, I think I may have to go off it though or find some products without soy. My period has gone on for 11 days! I have been frantically searching for other reasons why this may be happening...but I keep getting pointed back to the soy/hormone issue. I read the disclaimer from IP that says when you lose weight your fat cells release estrogens that can affect things, but I have lost weight many times before and this never happened. Does anyone know of a way to continue IP...without soy? I would love to hear anyone's experiences with similar issues. I am sad that I have found something that works and I may need to stop
Droppingit: I am on birth control and this has helped. I normally have light, 2-day periods but even with BC, the week of my period is very heavy since starting IP and doesn't stop until I start taking my regular pills again. I know that others have this problem and you might want to look at birth control to help control the periods...

Morning everyone! I am happy that today is the first day I have felt better in about 5 days. I got a really bad stomach flu and it knocked me out for a while. I still feel a bit out of it but am glad to be on the mend! I hope everyone else with their cold and such are feeling better soon! I am changing my WI days from Sat morning to thur evenings so tomorrow I WI and am not expecting anything amazing but am crossing my fingers!! Good luck on WIs and an OP week!

Last edited by Timetolose; 07-20-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #50  

Height: 5'4"

Had kind of a strange comment at lunch. One of the girls I work with asked about my diet and I said, "it's just a protein diet" because she is always out to compete with me and it just drives me crazy and I wasn't feeling nice. Anyway, she says, "Well is it working?" I said, "Well as of today I've lost 15 but I don't officially weigh in for my 4th week until tomorrow." She says, "Yeah, not that I check you out or anything but I can kinda tell."

Ummm, ok? I think that MAY have been a complement. And it was the 2nd one of the day. Another lady asked how it's goin, she hints she wants to do it but actually complemented me as she was toasting her toaster strudel. She said she can tell and I look great and she loved my shirt. Which is old but new if you know what I mean! Yes...shopping in my closet again!
Old 07-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #51  

Not feeling well after 7 weeks on program. Doctor thinks I should stop. I dont waant to give up.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

I think regular table salt is fine. They just want you to have the sea salt to make up a few lost minerals.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

For those of you that have been doing this for a while, what should I expect realistically to lose in a week since I only have 20 more pounds to go until I reach my goal? Just curious what I should be striving for.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #54  

I don't know that table salt is really good for anyone. My whole family switched to sea salt about 2 months before I started this program and we think it tastes way better. I never salted anything before, besides garlic salt, but now I use it at least once a day. I use garlic powder and onion powder also now.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di2222 View Post
Not feeling well after 7 weeks on program. Doctor thinks I should stop. I dont waant to give up.
Di2222, did your dr. approve you before you started? What is it exactly that you are not feeling well? symptoms? similar to those posted by others? Why does your Dr. think you should stop?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by droppingit View Post
I need some info. I love IP. I have lost quite a bit of weight in 3 weeks and I am really finding it easy to stick with the structure. Unfortunately, I think I may have to go off it though or find some products without soy. My period has gone on for 11 days! I have been frantically searching for other reasons why this may be happening...but I keep getting pointed back to the soy/hormone issue. I read the disclaimer from IP that says when you lose weight your fat cells release estrogens that can affect things, but I have lost weight many times before and this never happened. Does anyone know of a way to continue IP...without soy? I would love to hear anyone's experiences with similar issues. I am sad that I have found something that works and I may need to stop
It is because of the rapid weight loss of fat. Estrogen is stored in fat and with this diet, you lose fat rapidly and the extra estrogen is released into your blood stream. I know a few people who have had the same problem. One gal who is quite large, had to quit IP due to very heavy bleeding for over a month.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
For those of you that have been doing this for a while, what should I expect realistically to lose in a week since I only have 20 more pounds to go until I reach my goal? Just curious what I should be striving for.
They say an average of 3-5 pounds a week for women, but I have found that this really takes into account all the water weight and big loss on the very first week. For me, a more realistic average after that initial plunge has been 2-3. Some weeks are a lot less, but I tend to lose more inches those weeks, and they are usually followed by very big weeks. Some people may be losing faster, but I think since you are close to your goal you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect 5 pounds every week.
It is still the fastest I have ever lost though!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon everyone!
I have noticed on this diet that I tend to have mood swings, like every other day will be very good, followed by one pretty bad day (Today is a good day ). I try not to post about myself on those bad days, because it feels so wrong to me to complain when the diet is working so well, even on a bad day, and I try to stay positive. This board helps so much! I come on here and try to help a few people and feel so much better.

In other news, I found a clinic that is MUCH closer to my house, and I am considering switching to it. I am so worried about breaking up with my coach though... she is a sweetheart. It would just be so much easier if she were a little closer. I am going to check out the clinic first (make sure they also sell individual packs, and hope they have similar weigh in times available), but if I like it... I think it may be adios. Any advice?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

2.6 lbs down today!!! Was hoping for a little more, but still happy. I have some residual bloating from TOM. FIL's 60th birthday tomorrow and we're having a surprise dinner party at a local restaurant. Not too much on the menu there for me. $12 salad here I come!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Jenny, I have been skeptical about the use of WF products, afraid too they will get me wanting sweets and I am not excited about the dressings, they taste so icky sweet in a weird way. What do you think the coffee may be doing? I have started saving it for snack w/chocolate drink for something different and have it in the am. I like hot tea just as well. I don't have my 1st weigh in until Friday.
I totally agree about the scale, my coach told me not to get on it. I couldn't resist last night.....it only showed like 1.5 lb and I was so aggravated after reading all the big losses on the posts, that is what almost triggered me to blow it last night. This morning I got back on and was down like 5 lbs sooooo, I have committed NOT to step on again other than weigh ins. I think it could make me binge....
I am not really sure if the coffee thing had anything to do with it, but since I was cutting down on WF, I had no reason to really drink coffee. I love coffee but switched to decaf years and years ago, so I don't really rely on it for it's caffeine purposes. So to drink or not to drink really makes no difference to me. So I just opted to not drink since I wanted to limit my WF usage.

It was really hard to not get on the scale, but so worth it. The first few weeks I was on it ALL THE TIME! But my trick is as soon as I get up, I go to the kitchen and chug a big glass of water. This way, even if I am tempted to get on the scale, I know it will be skewed. It has really helped mentally. As long as I am OP on doing what I should be doing, I know that IP will take care of itself. I also think that stressing out over any fluctuations is bad for weight loss. So I am staying off!

I am in Deerfield Beach (Broward County).
Closed Thread