Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
They say an average of 3-5 pounds a week for women, but I have found that this really takes into account all the water weight and big loss on the very first week. For me, a more realistic average after that initial plunge has been 2-3. Some weeks are a lot less, but I tend to lose more inches those weeks, and they are usually followed by very big weeks. Some people may be losing faster, but I think since you are close to your goal you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect 5 pounds every week.
It is still the fastest I have ever lost though!!!
I was thinking about three pounds a week would be optimal but wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I knew that 5 pounds would be completely unrealistic since I'm so close to my goal weight.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I want to quickly comment on the hormone / TOM issue. I am on BC and the first couple of weeks I had some break through bleeding. I know that soy does raise estrogen levels in women, so I think between the soy and the sudden drops in weight the first few weeks it can really wreak havoc on your cycle.

However, I am starting week 8 and have not had any issues since the first 3 weeks. I intentionally try to stay away from the more heavy "soy" products in general. Even before IP I was very limited in my soy consumption. I think if you are having issues, you should look for the products that do not contain a lot of soy, and especially the ones with soy in the name. IE: Soy patty, PB soy puffs etc... I think that there is more than enough to chose from to make these changes and still have variety.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

I feel crabby today
Old 07-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
I was thinking about three pounds a week would be optimal but wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I knew that 5 pounds would be completely unrealistic since I'm so close to my goal weight.
Only you know your body. I am a slow loser, I have always been. I accept it. For me, I am averaging just over 2# per week, and that is SUPER! I have never been on a diet where I have lost consistantly or lost this much in such a short amount of time. On WW or Jenny Craig, I was lucky to lose 2# a month.

Since you are so close to your goal it may be more like 2-3 pounds a week unless you are a "good loser"
Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecky View Post
I feel crabby today
Old 07-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Since you are so close to your goal it may be more like 2-3 pounds a week unless you are a "good loser"
I'm a bad loser LOL. Sometimes I feel like I don't have a metabolism I lose so slow . I am happy with 2-3 pounds a week, it's healthy and will get me where I need to be in a little over 2 months. Yea!!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #67  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I walked in to work this morning with my purse over my shoulder and in my arms I had my lunch bag, my coffee mug, my iPhone, my keys and my IP Shaker full of yummy breakfast shake and I'm walking down to my office and I can feel my pants slipping and slipping and whoosh they fall right to my knees....and there was nothing I could do about it because I was carrying all my stuff....I looked around and no one saw me but if I made a noise dropping my stuff or production about it someone would have surely noticed so I quickly shimmied my way to my office with my pants down around my ankles until I got to my desk where I could drop all my stuff and pull them back up.

And that's how my day is going
Thanks for the morning laugh. I definitely needed that one as I woke up this morning and had trouble finding pants in the closet that would stay up. I made extra special care to only carry stuff in one hand this morning for the exact same reason. It might be embarrassing but I'd call this an awesome NSV!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Had kind of a strange comment at lunch. One of the girls I work with asked about my diet and I said, "it's just a protein diet" because she is always out to compete with me and it just drives me crazy and I wasn't feeling nice. Anyway, she says, "Well is it working?" I said, "Well as of today I've lost 15 but I don't officially weigh in for my 4th week until tomorrow." She says, "Yeah, not that I check you out or anything but I can kinda tell."

Ummm, ok? I think that MAY have been a complement. And it was the 2nd one of the day. Another lady asked how it's goin, she hints she wants to do it but actually complemented me as she was toasting her toaster strudel. She said she can tell and I look great and she loved my shirt. Which is old but new if you know what I mean! Yes...shopping in my closet again!
Not sure what your starting weight was but 15 pounds is definetly noticable and I bet you really feel better which is the most important thing. Women can be such caddy b*t*h*e*. Why can't we all be happy for someone who is successful at improving the way they look and feel? Carry on!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecky View Post
I feel crabby today
I'm sorry. I had one of those days yesterday. We are all here for you!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Good afternoon everyone!
I have noticed on this diet that I tend to have mood swings, like every other day will be very good, followed by one pretty bad day (Today is a good day ). I try not to post about myself on those bad days, because it feels so wrong to me to complain when the diet is working so well, even on a bad day, and I try to stay positive. This board helps so much! I come on here and try to help a few people and feel so much better.

In other news, I found a clinic that is MUCH closer to my house, and I am considering switching to it. I am so worried about breaking up with my coach though... she is a sweetheart. It would just be so much easier if she were a little closer. I am going to check out the clinic first (make sure they also sell individual packs, and hope they have similar weigh in times available), but if I like it... I think it may be adios. Any advice?
This diet isn't forever so there will be an eventual "breakup" anyway. If it makes it easier for you, go for it and move closer to home. There are enough struggles in life to deal with.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #71  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

Ok...so I have to admit to a very bad thing. Even after reading all of the comments about cheats and the mantras on here to stay OP I had a planned cheat day. I was celebrating my boyfriend's birthday yesterday and did not plan to accomodate my eating plan in his BBQ plan.

As everyone has said...nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. And it definitely didn't. This morning I am up 2 pounds and the food wasn't nearly as good as I expected it to be. I've learned me lesson...even planned cheats aren't worth it. I'm definitely staying OP from now on...
Old 07-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
awwww, thank you
Old 07-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #73  

Quote:
I'm sorry. I had one of those days yesterday. We are all here for you!
I love all you kind hearted people. Thanks
Old 07-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #74  

At my weigh in yesterday I only lost 3.25 inches when my coach measured me and 5.5 pounds lost. She was concerned as she is worried that I am losing muscle and suggested I make sure I eat 8 oz of protein at my eve. meal. Has anyone else had this happen to them? She told me that I should lose more inches that what I lost in pounds.

Last edited by sandyh50; 07-20-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
At my weigh in yesterday I only lost 3.25 inches when my coach measured me and 5.5 pounds lost. She was concerned as she is worried that I am losing muscle and suggested I make sure I eat 8 oz of protein at my eve. meal. Has anyone else had this happen to them? She told me that I should lose more inches that what I lost in pounds.
I weighed and measured this morning at my clinic and they totaled pounds and inches. I have lost 37.2 pounds and 29.5 inches. They never mentioned that I should have lost more inches than pounds. I know that there are some weeks where I lose weight but hardly any inches and I have already maintained in weight but lost inches.
Closed Thread