Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Everyone but me seems to be having a heat wave! I had to pull my winter coat out of the closet today because it's freezing here! (Seattle) I nearly froze to death yesterday wearing open toe sandals to work.

You are inspiring me today Classy. I will be thrilled if I manage a 40 lb loss in 3 months.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Good Morning Everyone,

I had a NSV last night, my bf and I went to a pub for one of his work functions so I got the 6 oz steak sandwich with no sandwich and requested "no carbs on the plate". And then I ordered the veggie plate, a regular plate with select veggies $10!! Apparently they don't usually do the veggie plate because the celery was nasty lol. I don't mind going out with the bf and I don't usually care what people eat around me as I decided it was something I would just have to get used to. But I was really REALLY digging the ketchup last night...out of EVERYTHING around me, I wanted some ketchup, I didn't even want anything with it. Too Funny! (fyi I didn't have any of it)

OK – I need to VENT – WARNING!

Back to the veggie plate, I'm kind of disgusted how much more expensive it is to eat healthier. I have friends who have made that comment but now that I'm actually making those choices I see their point better. Carbs are addicting AND a cheap way to eat....no wonder I had problems. Of course, my mouth did open whenever my elbow would bend so I'll take most of the responsibility. But eating bad is really cheap....and it's a wonder why there is an obesity problem in our world.

Ok I'm done now, group hug, thanks

Carla
Old 07-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 170/155/130

Height: 5'7"

Hello all

Today is WI # 3. Can't say i'm looking forward to it because it's that time of the month & I'm thinking the scale is not budging ! On man, & I hate that my WI is @ the end of the day ... it doesn't do me much justice ! I think this week when I pick foods, I'm really going to stay away from the restricted items. With all this money I'm spending I need to see some results, or I really can't justify the expense well, still trying to stay hopeful

Hope everyone has a great day !

Last edited by lroderick; 07-20-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

I had a NSV last night, my bf and I went to a pub for one of his work functions so I got the 6 oz steak sandwich with no sandwich and requested "no carbs on the plate". And then I ordered the veggie plate, a regular plate with select veggies $10!! Apparently they don't usually do the veggie plate because the celery was nasty lol. I don't mind going out with the bf and I don't usually care what people eat around me as I decided it was something I would just have to get used to. But I was really REALLY digging the ketchup last night...out of EVERYTHING around me, I wanted some ketchup, I didn't even want anything with it. Too Funny! (fyi I didn't have any of it)

OK I need to VENT WARNING!

Back to the veggie plate, I'm kind of disgusted how much more expensive it is to eat healthier. I have friends who have made that comment but now that I'm actually making those choices I see their point better. Carbs are addicting AND a cheap way to eat....no wonder I had problems. Of course, my mouth did open whenever my elbow would bend so I'll take most of the responsibility. But eating bad is really cheap....and it's a wonder why there is an obesity problem in our world.

Carla
I know! I bought 2 bags of grapes to donate to bible school this week and it was $13.50! I told my husband it's no wonder everyone is fat, someone could've just gotten 13 cheeseburgers off the dollar menu for that! Then a little later I told him it makes you wonder exactly what the stuff from the dollar menu is made of if they can charge so little.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #20  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

OK I need to VENT WARNING!

Carla
This make me think of Supersize Me. He did a few interviews with low income families who eat at McDonalds regularly because it can be so cheap. Of course, many of them were obese. The system is definitely backwards.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

WI #7 for me today, down 2.2! Which I am very excited about. I am 3.6 pounds away from my July goal (get out of the 150's by end of July). 3.6 in 11 days will be a little bit challenging, but I am 100% OP and plan to stay that way.

So, for me, I had a pretty good week for losses, and I tried a couple of things different that I thought I would share.

#1: I did not get on the scale except for my official WI. I forced myself to stay off the scale to avoid any stress that comes along with seeing fluctuating numbers. I just stayed OP and let the plan do it's thing.

#2: I cut back on WF products. I don't really ever use the dressings, but I have taken to putting the caramel in my coffee or using the chocolate to enhance the chocolate drinks. I limited myself to 1 (T). per day, and I didn't even use it everyday, I would say 4-5 times over the course of 7 days.

#3: I cut out coffee. Which definitely helped with the WF. But I didn't have coffee one day last week.

I have no idea if this is all coincidence or not, but I am going to follow the same path this week and see what happens. I am also adding one more change this week, and that is going to 5 packets on workout days. I read through the athletic protocol and talked it over with my doc and he wants me to try 5 packets on workout days. I did a couple days last week where I did 5 b/c I was so hungry, but he wants me to try it everyday (I w/o).

Congrats on all of the losses and NSV's!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #22  

I walked in to work this morning with my purse over my shoulder and in my arms I had my lunch bag, my coffee mug, my iPhone, my keys and my IP Shaker full of yummy breakfast shake and I'm walking down to my office and I can feel my pants slipping and slipping and whoosh they fall right to my knees....and there was nothing I could do about it because I was carrying all my stuff....I looked around and no one saw me but if I made a noise dropping my stuff or production about it someone would have surely noticed so I quickly shimmied my way to my office with my pants down around my ankles until I got to my desk where I could drop all my stuff and pull them back up.

And that's how my day is going
Old 07-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone,

OK – I need to VENT – WARNING!

Carla
Carla: AMEN SISTER!!!! I began the program on Saturday, my daughter had a softball over the weekend, we had to stay in a hotel overnight. Packed ahead, no problems. Sunday while they were eating Subway, there was a Chinese rest. next door, so I said, hey, I will go get just bok choy and broccoli steamed/told them only small take out container/NO RICE/NO EGGROLL. She gave me the total to pay......ready.....$7.53!!!!!!!! I was charged MORE than most dishes with meat and fixin's. That ticked me off!!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #24  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Still struggling to get back on this plan 100%. Breakfast and lunch are fine. It's after I've had dinner that all the cravings are raging. Staying away from carbs fine- it's the sugar that's making me nuts. it's the weakest link. so why can't I just tell it goodbye??
Very very hot here too. Hard to walk my 2 miles when it's like a sauna out.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 331/331/165

I need some info. I love IP. I have lost quite a bit of weight in 3 weeks and I am really finding it easy to stick with the structure. Unfortunately, I think I may have to go off it though or find some products without soy. My period has gone on for 11 days! I have been frantically searching for other reasons why this may be happening...but I keep getting pointed back to the soy/hormone issue. I read the disclaimer from IP that says when you lose weight your fat cells release estrogens that can affect things, but I have lost weight many times before and this never happened. Does anyone know of a way to continue IP...without soy? I would love to hear anyone's experiences with similar issues. I am sad that I have found something that works and I may need to stop
Old 07-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
WI #7 for me today, down 2.2! Which I am very excited about. I am 3.6 pounds away from my July goal (get out of the 150's by end of July). 3.6 in 11 days will be a little bit challenging, but I am 100% OP and plan to stay that way.

So, for me, I had a pretty good week for losses, and I tried a couple of things different that I thought I would share.

#1: I did not get on the scale except for my official WI. I forced myself to stay off the scale to avoid any stress that comes along with seeing fluctuating numbers. I just stayed OP and let the plan do it's thing.

#2: I cut back on WF products. I don't really ever use the dressings, but I have taken to putting the caramel in my coffee or using the chocolate to enhance the chocolate drinks. I limited myself to 1 (T). per day, and I didn't even use it everyday, I would say 4-5 times over the course of 7 days.

#3: I cut out coffee. Which definitely helped with the WF. But I didn't have coffee one day last week.

I have no idea if this is all coincidence or not, but I am going to follow the same path this week and see what happens. I am also adding one more change this week, and that is going to 5 packets on workout days. I read through the athletic protocol and talked it over with my doc and he wants me to try 5 packets on workout days. I did a couple days last week where I did 5 b/c I was so hungry, but he wants me to try it everyday (I w/o).

Jenny, I have been skeptical about the use of WF products, afraid too they will get me wanting sweets and I am not excited about the dressings, they taste so icky sweet in a weird way. What do you think the coffee may be doing? I have started saving it for snack w/chocolate drink for something different and have it in the am. I like hot tea just as well. I don't have my 1st weigh in until Friday.
I totally agree about the scale, my coach told me not to get on it. I couldn't resist last night.....it only showed like 1.5 lb and I was so aggravated after reading all the big losses on the posts, that is what almost triggered me to blow it last night. This morning I got back on and was down like 5 lbs sooooo, I have committed NOT to step on again other than weigh ins. I think it could make me binge....
Old 07-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post

Jenny, forgot to ask, where in FL if you don't mind saying?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I walked in to work this morning with my purse over my shoulder and in my arms I had my lunch bag, my coffee mug, my iPhone, my keys and my IP Shaker full of yummy breakfast shake and I'm walking down to my office and I can feel my pants slipping and slipping and whoosh they fall right to my knees....and there was nothing I could do about it because I was carrying all my stuff....I looked around and no one saw me but if I made a noise dropping my stuff or production about it someone would have surely noticed so I quickly shimmied my way to my office with my pants down around my ankles until I got to my desk where I could drop all my stuff and pull them back up.

WOW Jordanna!!!! That is hilarious!!!! Amazing way to "feel" the loss, but wow......... seems like you took it in stride....I am assuming you were in the office already and not in the street!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Quote:
Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! I don't want to buy new pants either, but maybe a belt would be a good idea!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post

I'm so sorry but I did chuckle when I read this. It's a total NSV but I could see this happening to me with EVERYONE seeing it so I felt guilty chuckling at it. Well done! You deserve a new pair of pants!

(personally I put on a pair of jeans this morning and decided within 10 minutes they wouldn't do for the day so I took them off and put them in the Sally Ann pile so this could have been me!)

Carla
Closed Thread